Scream: the TV Series

Relax with your friends in The Den.... :satan:
Agent_Spice
Custom Title: Escrow Spice

Re: Scream: the TV Series

Postby Agent_Spice » 19 Mar 2017, 22:25

On one hand, I'm encouraged that MTV cares enough to reboot the series because if they didn't care and there wasn't any chance of a future for it, they would just shoot those 6 episodes and let them burn off. Unless this is just a diversion and they have no intention of bringing season 3 to air.

Conversely, I am seriously disappointed that we'll never get to see a resolution to the Brandon James storyline which was ramped up during season 2 and we just lost any chance of seeing Emma Duval deservedly skewered for being so whiny and annoying. Is anybody sympathetic to her? Anybody? With a different showrunner in place, it might not have lived up to the hype, but I am let down that we'll never know.

I am holding out hope this might encourage the powers that be to get Scream back on the big screen where it should be.
Fenrik
Custom Title: OSLOVE

Postby Fenrik » 19 Mar 2017, 22:29

I would kill for a Scream 5! (well, not literally :D )
Mikerecords
Previous username(s): -Mike-
Custom Title: The 004

Postby Mikerecords » 20 Mar 2017, 14:14

I didn't finish watching season 1, I didn't really like the show.. It really felt "MTV"-ish, instead of a scary horror show.
addicted2you

Postby addicted2you » 21 Mar 2017, 23:03

They made a huge mistake getting the girl who plays Emma. As the lead character I found her too dull, I think the girl who played Brooke would've played Emma better.
Fenrik

Postby Fenrik » 22 Mar 2017, 01:24

addicted2you wrote:They made a huge mistake getting the girl who plays Emma. As the lead character I found her too dull, I think the girl who played Brooke would've played Emma better.

The girl who played Brooke is a horrible actress imo! :p
Mikerecords

Postby Mikerecords » 22 Mar 2017, 10:05

The actress who played Emma was very unlikeable in my opinion. Her mother was more likable... Maybe the lesbian girl with the short hair was better as a lead actress.
Fenrik

Postby Fenrik » 22 Mar 2017, 17:28

Mikerecords wrote:The actress who played Emma was very unlikeable in my opinion. Her mother was more likable... Maybe the lesbian girl with the short hair was better as a lead actress.

I found her even more annoying! haha!
Mikerecords

Postby Mikerecords » Yesterday, 10:16

Any news on Scream 5? Did the plans really got cancelled after Williamson got 'fired' from Scream 4 just before shooting?
addicted2you

Postby addicted2you » Yesterday, 14:00

I thought that Scream 4 was going to be the start of a second trilogy. Hoping they will bring out a fifth at some point , not even sure why the 4th one did so bad, It was quite a decent film
Fenrik

Postby Fenrik » Yesterday, 17:11

They did say that they had a new trilogy planned. With Jill as the lead.
But after they refused Kevin the ending he actually wanted/had planned for Scream 4 it wasn´t possible to go further with it.
And now with Wes Craven being dead I dont see any more movies being made, tbh :(
Charmingspice5
Custom Title: Show Me Love

Postby Charmingspice5 » Yesterday, 19:35

Yeah I sadly don't think we will ever get another Scream film. I'll always be grateful we ended up with a fourth one after so long and it was quite well done overall.

I do wonder how the new trilogy Kevin had originally planned would've ended up though.
Fenrik

Postby Fenrik » Yesterday, 19:53

From what I´ve heard, the 4th movie was supposed to end like this (made by me :p )
But Miramax (or was it the Weinstein brothers?) chickened out in the last minute and decided against killing Sid. And that´s why the whole hospital ending was made.

With Jill actually killing Sidney and then go on as the heroine/victim like she dreamed of in the 5th movie.
Scream 5 would have been the first movie where the public actually knew who the killer was. And maybe we would get to see the whole movie from Jill/the killer´s point of view. Would have been quite interesting!
UnusualChris

Postby UnusualChris » Yesterday, 22:33

Tbh I'm glad they changed the end of Scream 4 purely for the iconic lines "Don't fuck with the original" and "Clear".

I very much doubt they'll make another Scream movie now that Wes is gone. Neve has said she wouldn't do it without him and I doubt Kevin would either.

Return to “Small Talk”