freaking out right now

Relax with your friends in The Den.... :satan:
ScientificMedium
Custom Title: Simply Awesome

freaking out right now

Postby ScientificMedium » 15 May 2012, 02:33

I'm probably just freaking out over something minor right now. My mom told me that my dad went into the doctor's office on Friday since he's been feeling some discomfort in his prostate area. Turns out he has an enlarged prostate and was given antibiotics. Now you can probably figure out where this is going. My dad says he's been feeling some pain in the pelvic area as well and is awaiting test results. He called the office this afternoon to check if his results were in. They said they would get back to him when the results were in. No call today so he'll have to call again tomorrow. My dad read online that what he's been going through could be signs of prostate cancer, but still waiting results. It's possible that he read online about the symptoms of prostate cancer before he started feeling pelvic pain and his mind is telling him he's having pelvic pain. Mom doesn't know what to make of it either and says its possible my dad is nervous of finding out the result. Thing is that my dad is pretty health and active and such. Our entire family has yearly physicals. Last time his prostate was checked was in August and there was nothing. I'm probably just overreacting to this since I am admittedly a worry wart and my mind always has me thinking the worst. My relationship with my dad has always been a bit stormy as we use to argue all the time when I was living in the house, but things have gotten a little better since I moved out 2 1/2 years ago.
Andres
Custom Title: HeadBitchInCharge

Re: freaking out right now

Postby Andres » 15 May 2012, 02:41

Actually, having an enlarged prostate is pretty common specially if you're over 60 and it doesn't mean it's cancer all the time. Hopefully your father is fine... keep us updated!
Flutey
Mod
Custom Title: DDs Headnurse

Postby Flutey » 15 May 2012, 09:41

Those could also be signs of prostatitis... Good thing he's being checked, but might not be anything, really.

My dad has had hoarse voice for nearly one year... Finally I manage to force him to go and see an ENT speciallist. In the back of my mind I am thinking cancer, but there are tons of things that could cause that.
FiaSpice
Custom Title: Not immune

Postby FiaSpice » 15 May 2012, 15:01

When there's something wrong we often think of the worst, specially went we read stuff over the Internet. In the begening of my problem, I tought I might have a brain or spinal tumor. In the end it was not. Best things is not to freak out and think of the worst.
Toefje
Banned

Postby Toefje » 15 May 2012, 15:11

hope all will be well
ScientificMedium
Custom Title: Simply Awesome

Postby ScientificMedium » 17 May 2012, 23:35

Color me relieved. It's not cancer though my dad is gonna see another doctor about his pelvic pain
Madrigal
Custom Title: Sheerio

Postby Madrigal » 17 May 2012, 23:42

Thank goodness it's not cancer, I'm glad of that.

I'm the same way, if I have a symptom like heart palpitation, I start to freak out and think I'm having a heart attack, when in reality it's just an anxiety attack. I think that's how most people's brain works, if there's a major symptom, we automatically are tuned (no thanks to the news and internet) to think it's the worst, when it's not.

Glad to hear your doesn't have cancer, and is seeing someone about his pelvic pain. Hopefully that is nothing as well!
FiaSpice
Custom Title: Not immune

Postby FiaSpice » 18 May 2012, 00:20

Great new it's not cancer. I hope they find out the source of the pain and make it stop.

Return to “Small Talk”