Scream: the TV Series

Relax with your friends in The Den.... :satan:
Agent_Spice
Custom Title: Escrow Spice

Re: Scream: the TV Series

Postby Agent_Spice » 19 Mar 2017, 22:25

On one hand, I'm encouraged that MTV cares enough to reboot the series because if they didn't care and there wasn't any chance of a future for it, they would just shoot those 6 episodes and let them burn off. Unless this is just a diversion and they have no intention of bringing season 3 to air.

Conversely, I am seriously disappointed that we'll never get to see a resolution to the Brandon James storyline which was ramped up during season 2 and we just lost any chance of seeing Emma Duval deservedly skewered for being so whiny and annoying. Is anybody sympathetic to her? Anybody? With a different showrunner in place, it might not have lived up to the hype, but I am let down that we'll never know.

I am holding out hope this might encourage the powers that be to get Scream back on the big screen where it should be.
Fenrik
Custom Title: OSLOVE

Postby Fenrik » 19 Mar 2017, 22:29

I would kill for a Scream 5! (well, not literally :D )
Mikerecords
Previous username(s): -Mike-
Custom Title: The 004

Postby Mikerecords » 20 Mar 2017, 14:14

I didn't finish watching season 1, I didn't really like the show.. It really felt "MTV"-ish, instead of a scary horror show.
THE sequel to GEM's "Song For Her..."
Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeKNs7v1ONA
The 'Song For Me' release date is scheduled for May 16.
The single will be released on online channels including Amazon, iTunes, Spotify, Beatport and more.

http://www.instagram.com/the004official
addicted2you

Postby addicted2you » 21 Mar 2017, 23:03

They made a huge mistake getting the girl who plays Emma. As the lead character I found her too dull, I think the girl who played Brooke would've played Emma better.
Fenrik

Postby Fenrik » 22 Mar 2017, 01:24

addicted2you wrote:They made a huge mistake getting the girl who plays Emma. As the lead character I found her too dull, I think the girl who played Brooke would've played Emma better.

The girl who played Brooke is a horrible actress imo! :p
Mikerecords

Postby Mikerecords » 22 Mar 2017, 10:05

The actress who played Emma was very unlikeable in my opinion. Her mother was more likable... Maybe the lesbian girl with the short hair was better as a lead actress.
The single will be released on online channels including Amazon, iTunes, Spotify, Beatport and more.

Fenrik

Postby Fenrik » 22 Mar 2017, 17:28

Mikerecords wrote:The actress who played Emma was very unlikeable in my opinion. Her mother was more likable... Maybe the lesbian girl with the short hair was better as a lead actress.

I found her even more annoying! haha!
Mikerecords

Postby Mikerecords » 26 Mar 2017, 10:16

Any news on Scream 5? Did the plans really got cancelled after Williamson got 'fired' from Scream 4 just before shooting?

addicted2you

Postby addicted2you » 26 Mar 2017, 14:00

I thought that Scream 4 was going to be the start of a second trilogy. Hoping they will bring out a fifth at some point , not even sure why the 4th one did so bad, It was quite a decent film
Fenrik

Postby Fenrik » 26 Mar 2017, 17:11

They did say that they had a new trilogy planned. With Jill as the lead.
But after they refused Kevin the ending he actually wanted/had planned for Scream 4 it wasn´t possible to go further with it.
And now with Wes Craven being dead I dont see any more movies being made, tbh :(
Charmingspice5
Custom Title: Show Me Love

Postby Charmingspice5 » 26 Mar 2017, 19:35

Yeah I sadly don't think we will ever get another Scream film. I'll always be grateful we ended up with a fourth one after so long and it was quite well done overall.

I do wonder how the new trilogy Kevin had originally planned would've ended up though.
Fenrik

Postby Fenrik » 26 Mar 2017, 19:53

From what I´ve heard, the 4th movie was supposed to end like this (made by me :p )
But Miramax (or was it the Weinstein brothers?) chickened out in the last minute and decided against killing Sid. And that´s why the whole hospital ending was made.

With Jill actually killing Sidney and then go on as the heroine/victim like she dreamed of in the 5th movie.
Scream 5 would have been the first movie where the public actually knew who the killer was. And maybe we would get to see the whole movie from Jill/the killer´s point of view. Would have been quite interesting!
UnusualChris

Postby UnusualChris » 26 Mar 2017, 22:33

Tbh I'm glad they changed the end of Scream 4 purely for the iconic lines "Don't fuck with the original" and "Clear".

I very much doubt they'll make another Scream movie now that Wes is gone. Neve has said she wouldn't do it without him and I doubt Kevin would either.
Stas
Custom Title: straight forward

Postby Stas » 27 Mar 2017, 10:05

Wasn't Scream 5 shelved because Scream 4 was didn't do well at the box office?! It's quite obvious that nobody would invest money in a project that doesn't make much of a profit.
Mikerecords

Postby Mikerecords » 27 Mar 2017, 10:10

I remember Kevin wrote the screenplay of the new trilogy, but after they parted ways before the post production of Scream 4, they didn't want his ideas for 5 and 6.

Fenrik

Postby Fenrik » 27 Mar 2017, 14:58

Stas wrote:Wasn't Scream 5 shelved because Scream 4 was didn't do well at the box office?! It's quite obvious that nobody would invest money in a project that doesn't make much of a profit.

Probably that too. Would have been a different movie than Kevin intended it to be though, since he had already left the project.
If I`ve understood correctly, like in my previous post, he wanted the movie to end with Jill killing Sidney and then Scream 5 would continue from there on.
But in the last minute, Miramax changed their mind and refused him to kill Sid. Kevin then got so mad that he left the whole project and they then hired Ehren Kruger (who wrote Scream 3) to write the last hospital scene. And I think he/they also changed the opening scene. The alternate opening scene is featured on in the dvd extras, and imo, it`s ten times better!! I still dont understand why they didn`t use this! :O

Stas
Custom Title: straight forward

Postby Stas » 28 Mar 2017, 01:17

Fenrik wrote:
Stas wrote:Wasn't Scream 5 shelved because Scream 4 was didn't do well at the box office?! It's quite obvious that nobody would invest money in a project that doesn't make much of a profit.

Probably that too. Would have been a different movie than Kevin intended it to be though, since he had already left the project.
If I`ve understood correctly, like in my previous post, he wanted the movie to end with Jill killing Sidney and then Scream 5 would continue from there on.
But in the last minute, Miramax changed their mind and refused him to kill Sid. Kevin then got so mad that he left the whole project and they then hired Ehren Kruger (who wrote Scream 3) to write the last hospital scene. And I think he/they also changed the opening scene. The alternate opening scene is featured on in the dvd extras, and imo, it`s ten times better!! I still dont understand why they didn`t use this! :O

So much better! :love:

Return to “Small Talk”