(SPOILES ALERT) RPDR S.8 - Who's watching?

Relax with your friends in The Den.... :satan:
Lucho
Custom Title: Lucho

(SPOILES ALERT) RPDR S.8 - Who's watching?

Postby Lucho » 17 Mar 2016, 16:51

Anyone? Just saw the episode 2. Quite shocking. Not agree with the winner, but I totally am with the elimination.
FabianC
Custom Title: Beautifully Intended

Re: (SPOILES ALERT) RPDR S.8 - Who's watching?

Postby FabianC » 17 Mar 2016, 20:34

I saw it!
And must say that it was deserved the elimination. It was painful to see.

My Melanie C & Spice Girls CD Collection - http://www.instagram.com/melaniecmusiccollection
Lucho

Postby Lucho » 18 Mar 2016, 01:28

Totally! That song deserves more. It is sad because Laila is quite a handsome guy to watch XD
JimmyLo

Postby JimmyLo » 19 Mar 2016, 20:12

Crazy twist at the end - love the phone call bit.

Lots of rumours, but it seems that
Spoiler: show
Naysha Lopez is returning.

Personally, I hope it's either a super famous queen like Lady Bunny or Jackie Beat to throw these confident bitches for a loop; OR I hope it's a returning queen from a past season.
BootyliciousJosh

Postby BootyliciousJosh » 20 Mar 2016, 20:29

JimmyLo wrote:Crazy twist at the end - love the phone call bit.

Lots of rumours, but it seems that
Naysha Lopez is returning.

Personally, I hope it's either a super famous queen like Lady Bunny or Jackie Beat to throw these confident bitches for a loop; OR I hope it's a returning queen from a past season.

I think it's going to be the queen who won the UK competition a few months back.
Lucho

Postby Lucho » 21 Mar 2016, 02:45

Do you guys think that "are you ready" moment had something to do with the final twist? That really took my attention
JimmyLo

Postby JimmyLo » 21 Mar 2016, 05:06

Lucho wrote:Do you guys think that "are you ready" moment had something to do with the final twist? That really took my attention

I missed that - where was that moment? Didn't tune in as much on the promos this year, I decided to focus on watching the Queens on instagram once the cast was announced.
UnusualChris

Postby UnusualChris » 21 Mar 2016, 11:44

Episode 3 leaked yesterday.

The returning queen is...
Naysha Lopez

and the eliminated queen is...
Cynthia
bombie

Postby bombie » 21 Mar 2016, 18:34

Once again the wrong queen went home. I know that its called a Lip Sync for your life... But when someone blows that bad in the challenge they shouldn't even get to lip sync.....And as much as I love Derrick why wasn't he in the bottom.... his performance was much worse than Cynthia's.... Sometimes I feel like they shouldn't even bother doing the challenges if they are going to go off of the runway looks, and the lip sync....
Lucho

Postby Lucho » 21 Mar 2016, 23:57

bombie wrote:Once again the wrong queen went home. I know that its called a Lip Sync for your life... But when someone blows that bad in the challenge they shouldn't even get to lip sync.....And as much as I love Derrick why wasn't he in the bottom.... his performance was much worse than Cynthia's.... Sometimes I feel like they shouldn't even bother doing the challenges if they are going to go off of the runway looks, and the lip sync....

Haven't seen the episode yet. Let's see what happens. This season has several queens which I don't like at all but are good performers such as Acid Betty and Cinthia. I simply can't stand them but I have to admit they are wonderful performers.
My favorite is Bob the Drag Queen but till now, she hasn't done something stunning as I supposed she was going to do.
Kim Chi is cute, but it seems is the kind of queens that like to be seen as "the cute vulnerable one"
Andres
Custom Title: HeadBitchInCharge

Postby Andres » 25 Mar 2016, 19:18

I don't think ep's 2 lipsync was THAT bad, sure, it wasn't great, but it wasn't the worst we've seen.
I also don't think Bob should've won the last challenge, Thorgy's acting was better and Bob's look was a complete and utter mess.
Willam said that the last elimination was fixed, they sent Robbie to the bottom 2 so he'd eliminate Cucu. Cucu has to be Miss Congeniality! Her craziness reminded me of Tammie Brown.
Also, I loved how Derrick stood up against Betty during untucked, she wasn't being acid, she was a full cunt. And her Katy Perry look was amazing.
Andres

Postby Andres » 05 Apr 2016, 14:17

Some production secrets spilled by Thorgy last night at a viewing party

-Chanel and Gigi were being such models and their answers didn't make Rupaul happy. He eventually lost it and threw his mic and stormed off screaming at the team. When RuPaul threw his mic, he went backstage and started yelling at the other two head honcho/producer types, and said why aren't these bitches prepped, do I have to do everything, and the other folks were like, well, you're the one who invited them, and it was super uncomfortable as all the girls just listened to this happening backstage, and then Ru came back out all smiles like nothing had happened, and then they got some PAs to basically tell the models what to write.
Lucho

Postby Lucho » 05 Apr 2016, 19:03

Who saw last night's episode?
My comments (no spoilers...who saw it, will understand).

1) The Snatch Game was wonderful. Maybe one of the best ever, in my opinion. All of the characters were well done but 2 (I remember that the Snatch Games of Season 4 with Gaga, Beyonce, Snooky and Celia Cruz was maybe the worst in history...and episode's 7 was really flat).

2) I was very dissapointed with the runway...when I knew the topic, I though it was going to be the best ever, but it was not.

3) I can't believe they sashayed away the one they did! Even when she was not my favorite at all, I must admit she is a really excellent Queen! GRRRRRRRR
Andres

Postby Andres » 06 Apr 2016, 00:45

- The runway was not good. A theme that iconic and 4 queens wearing the same thing (well, only one had a twist because at least she had a different colour)
- I didn't like snatch game that much, it was better than last season, but then again, even having chronic diarrhoea is better than last season's snatch game
- I agreed with the bottom 2, but if there was a time for a non-elimination, this should've been it. They both did great

Oh, and some more Thorgy Tea

She said Derrick's Britney was hilarious and that they didn't even show 10% of it
UnusualChris

Postby UnusualChris » 06 Apr 2016, 10:31

Snatch Game used to be a highlight but it's becoming more and more forced each season. They seem to be trying to outdo each other with how random their celebs/characters are rather than picking someone and making them funny.

I also think Kennedy impersonating a man last season and winning after Alaska got read for doing boy drag in season 5 was very unfair and has set a precedent that you can do whatever you want for Snatch Game now.

The edit of it has also gone downhill, we barely get any questions and answers shown now. Season 4's Snatch Game might of been a mess, but it gave us Chad's Cher, Willam's Jessica Simpson and Sharon's Michelle.

As for the runway, this is what it should of looked like (skip to 5.05).

[youtube=dX9gx8Nk67I?t=5m5s][/youtube]
UnusualChris

Postby UnusualChris » 06 Apr 2016, 10:45

Also something I noticed during Untucked, Bob and Derrick were discussing when Ru walks through the work room and who he stops and talks to each week. Originally he used to talk to every queen and offer advice (or in some cases, shade) about their plans for the challenge/runway. I'd noticed that they only show him speaking to 3 or 4 queens each episode now (I think this started last season) but I assumed he still talked to all of them and they only aired a few. I suppose this could explain some of the bad decisions being made by some queens if they're not all getting advice.
Andres

Postby Andres » 07 Apr 2016, 04:25

UnusualChris wrote:Snatch Game used to be a highlight but it's becoming more and more forced each season. They seem to be trying to outdo each other with how random their celebs/characters are rather than picking someone and making them funny.

I also think Kennedy impersonating a man last season and winning after Alaska got read for doing boy drag in season 5 was very unfair and has set a precedent that you can do whatever you want for Snatch Game now.

The edit of it has also gone downhill, we barely get any questions and answers shown now. Season 4's Snatch Game might of been a mess, but it gave us Chad's Cher, Willam's Jessica Simpson and Sharon's Michelle.

For what I've been reading, most of what we consider issues, have to do with producers and their shady ways. Betty said she had 2 characters for snatch game (Pepper from AHS and someone else I can't remember), but she wasn't allowed to do them since you can't do characters for legal reasons.
Thorgy also said she was gonna change her outfit, but producers advised her not to.
Bob said that 2 of the eliminated queens were also planning on wearing a kimono for the Madonna challenge. Chichi had to make her costume the same day since she also had planned to wear a kimono.
And about Ru in the work room, Thorgy also said they meet Ru for the first time in episode 1 when he opens the door and goes down the stairs, they don't have contact with him before that. Another queens have also said that Ru doesn't look at them in the eye when he's addressing the group, but were told that all of their eyes must be on Ru all the time
UnusualChris

Postby UnusualChris » 07 Apr 2016, 10:56

Not surprised that the Producers interfere with Snatch Game, they do with pretty much everything else. I can understand legal issues as a valid excuse but most of it is just to orchestrate drama and set people up to fail. A good example of this was Max's elimination last season. I remember someone saying Ru/the producers asked Max to sing on the main stage while they sorted out her outfit but they conveniently edited that out so it looked like he sang at random while getting a bad critique.

Ru being a diva is no surprise really, but I do think it's unfair that the queens aren't getting equal treatment anymore.
Andres

Postby Andres » 07 Apr 2016, 21:53

ALSO, they don't know who the top 3 is, only the top 4. They do what they do with the finale, when they film all of them winning and they don't know until the show airs, but in this case they film each of them leaving.
UnusualChris

Postby UnusualChris » 08 Apr 2016, 10:26

Yeah I read the other day that they've done that since season 6. It's funny that they do this for the final four, when it's becoming a trend for the queen who comes in 5th (Bendelacreme and Katya) to be the fan favourite who doesn't make the final.
Lucho

Postby Lucho » 08 Apr 2016, 17:45

I don't get it....so they final is recorded with all of them winning? So there is somewhere at the Logo offices a tape of Ginger Minj Wining and another of Pearl Winning but they only aired the one of Violet? Is that?
Now I understand why there is another video of the top 3 when they win. I was like "Why they watch it if they were at the finale?".
Uhmmm....I don't like that. Magic is over for me :-(
UnusualChris

Postby UnusualChris » 08 Apr 2016, 17:59

Lucho wrote:I don't get it....so they final is recorded with all of them winning? So there is somewhere at the Logo offices a tape of Ginger Minj Wining and another of Pearl Winning but they only aired the one of Violet? Is that?
Now I understand why there is another video of the top 3 when they win. I was like "Why they watch it if they were at the finale?".

Yes the "live" final/reunion is filmed at least 2 weeks before it airs, and with an audience who can easily spoil the result, all three are filmed winning. While it does make sense, it does indeed take away the magic as their reactions are completely fake. The finalists don't find out who actually wins until the episode airs. They normally attend a live screening/party where their reactions are filmed and they then have their real coronation afterwards, though Ru does not attend these.

It would be much better if the final was actually aired live but I imagine there are numerous production issues that would make that difficult.
Andres

Postby Andres » 11 Apr 2016, 00:57

Lucho wrote:I don't get it....so they final is recorded with all of them winning? So there is somewhere at the Logo offices a tape of Ginger Minj Wining and another of Pearl Winning but they only aired the one of Violet? Is that?

When it's the final 4, they film each of them leaving/losing.
When it's the finale, they film each of them winning.
Lucho

Postby Lucho » 13 Apr 2016, 19:56

Andres wrote:

When it's the final 4, they film each of them leaving/losing.
When it's the finale, they film each of them winning.

All the magic is now gone for me :-(
(Still I love the show, anyway)
Andres

Postby Andres » 17 Apr 2016, 02:45

^ I'm so sorry! :( I feel like an ass

Return to “Small Talk”