Who wants to be a moderator?

Relax with your friends in The Den.... :satan:
User avatar
Andres
Posts: 22239
Joined: 23 Nov 2004, 05:21
Gender: Male
Custom Title: HeadBitchInCharge
Country: Argentina

Re: Who wants to be a moderator?

Postby Andres » 12 Feb 2017, 03:26

Image
Image
User avatar
Fenrik
Posts: 15484
Joined: 18 May 2007, 13:36
Gender: Male
Custom Title: OSLOVE
Country: Norway
Location: Oslo
Contact:

Re: Who wants to be a moderator?

Postby Fenrik » 12 Feb 2017, 09:47

Agent Spice would make a great mod!
Image
User avatar
JimmyLo
Posts: 4968
Joined: 05 Nov 2004, 20:56
Gender: Male
Country: Canada

Re: Who wants to be a moderator?

Postby JimmyLo » 12 Feb 2017, 09:58

Fenrik wrote:Agent Spice would make a great mod!


Agreed. I asked him about it but he had understandable reservations. He's fantastic, been helping me with creating an HQ MOTM among other things.
Image
Jamie
Posts: 22317
Joined: 08 Jul 2004, 18:36

Re: Who wants to be a moderator?

Postby Jamie » 12 Feb 2017, 22:13

sammy01 wrote:
Jamie wrote:^ Or to put everyone down and tell them their opinion is wrong, in your case.


Funny how all you have done is that same thing in this thread.


Me pointing out that you're an awful person in this thread =/= what you do on a daily basis here.
User avatar
sammy01
Posts: 12435
Joined: 24 Apr 2007, 15:30

Re: Who wants to be a moderator?

Postby sammy01 » 12 Feb 2017, 22:54

I'm sorry but do we know each other personally? Imagine living in a world where you cant take someone's opinions on a forum so have to label them 'an awful person' without ever having met them or had a proper conversation with them.
Follw me, you know you want to - https://twitter.com/Sammyb01
Jamie
Posts: 22317
Joined: 08 Jul 2004, 18:36

Re: Who wants to be a moderator?

Postby Jamie » 13 Feb 2017, 00:55

It's not about having different opinions, it's about how you present them. I'm not having this conversation again with you. The way you come across is very rude, very brash, like you don't care if you hurt anyone's feelings and if that's how you are in real life then I'm bloody well glad I don't know you personally. Hell, I had to block you on Twitter because you were so vile towards me on there. You need an attitude check.
User avatar
sammy01
Posts: 12435
Joined: 24 Apr 2007, 15:30

Re: Who wants to be a moderator?

Postby sammy01 » 13 Feb 2017, 01:05

Jamie wrote:It's not about having different opinions, it's about how you present them. I'm not having this conversation again with you. The way you come across is very rude, very brash, like you don't care if you hurt anyone's feelings and if that's how you are in real life then I'm bloody well glad I don't know you personally. Hell, I had to block you on Twitter because you were so vile towards me on there. You need an attitude check.


Everything you have just said you have done or been doing in this thread.

i cant help you are insecure.
Follw me, you know you want to - https://twitter.com/Sammyb01
Jamie
Posts: 22317
Joined: 08 Jul 2004, 18:36

Re: Who wants to be a moderator?

Postby Jamie » 13 Feb 2017, 15:42

My 'insecurity' is nothing to do with this? Stop deflecting away from your awful behavior towards others and get some help.
User avatar
FiaSpice
Posts: 20801
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Gender: Female
Custom Title: Not immune
Country: Canada
Location: Montréal, Québec
Contact:

Re: Who wants to be a moderator?

Postby FiaSpice » 13 Feb 2017, 15:56

Even this thread is going down. :despise:
Image
Spice & Solo stuff for sale here
Hann
Posts: 17452
Joined: 19 Aug 2004, 20:49
Gender: Female
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Who wants to be a moderator?

Postby Hann » 16 Feb 2017, 01:53

Its going down... were yelling timber. :dee:
=]
User avatar
Andres
Posts: 22239
Joined: 23 Nov 2004, 05:21
Gender: Male
Custom Title: HeadBitchInCharge
Country: Argentina

Re: Who wants to be a moderator?

Postby Andres » 17 Feb 2017, 15:58

FiaSpice wrote:Even this thread is going down. :despise:


Image
User avatar
FiaSpice
Posts: 20801
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Gender: Female
Custom Title: Not immune
Country: Canada
Location: Montréal, Québec
Contact:

Re: Who wants to be a moderator?

Postby FiaSpice » 17 Feb 2017, 16:00

Andres wrote:
FiaSpice wrote:Even this thread is going down. :despise:



I'm not gonna lie, I had that in mind!
Image
Spice & Solo stuff for sale here
OuterSpaceGirl
Posts: 605
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Gender: Female
Country: Canada
Location: Montreal, Qc
Contact:

Re: Who wants to be a moderator?

Postby OuterSpaceGirl » 18 Feb 2017, 05:58

Hello,

with all those spammers, I want to delete my profile permanently. Could you help with this please??

thank you
Jamie
Posts: 22317
Joined: 08 Jul 2004, 18:36

Re: Who wants to be a moderator?

Postby Jamie » 18 Feb 2017, 13:20

As far as I know, you can't. Just log out and change your password to something you don't know if you truly don't want to return.
User avatar
JimmyLo
Posts: 4968
Joined: 05 Nov 2004, 20:56
Gender: Male
Country: Canada

Re: Who wants to be a moderator?

Postby JimmyLo » 18 Feb 2017, 19:11

Apparently there are hundreds of these, it takes forever to go through them all and delete them. Jay's done his best but it's more than he can do on his own.

Which leads to the question: when are we following up on this thread? It doesn't matter who they pick but they need to pick someone. Between the spammers to half the users requesting copywritten links blatantly on the board, things are getting out of control.
Image
User avatar
Andreas
Posts: 13760
Joined: 18 Jul 2004, 16:08
Gender: Male
Custom Title: Alpha Male.
Country: Norway
Location: Outside the Box

Re: Who wants to be a moderator?

Postby Andreas » 18 Feb 2017, 21:17

JimmyLo wrote: [...] half the users requesting copywritten links blatantly on the board, things are getting out of control.

This.

I don't know why this is a thing/why users do it when it's illegal/why admins doesn't do anything about it. Half the posts is are all "please pm me with links" in the replies.


I might actually sign myself up as a candidate just so I can issue warnings to these people.
Image
User avatar
Adam
Mod
Posts: 23355
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Gender: Male
Country: United_Kingdom
Location: London/Kent, UK

Re: Who wants to be a moderator?

Postby Adam » 18 Feb 2017, 23:18

Hey guys sorry we are struggling at the moment. We have been besieged by spammers. There are over 10,000 spam posts across denden, which luckily due to our restrictions, you can't see.

However us moderators can see these posts everywhere. It is clogging up the reports (there are effectively over 10,000) reports to handle. It also means viewing forums and topics is nearly impossible, therefore it is hard to moderate.

I am sorry. Dennis is aware.
Image
User avatar
JimmyLo
Posts: 4968
Joined: 05 Nov 2004, 20:56
Gender: Male
Country: Canada

Re: Who wants to be a moderator?

Postby JimmyLo » 18 Feb 2017, 23:35

Adam wrote:Hey guys sorry we are struggling at the moment. We have been besieged by spammers. There are over 10,000 spam posts across denden, which luckily due to our restrictions, you can't see.

However us moderators can see these posts everywhere. It is clogging up the reports (there are effectively over 10,000) reports to handle. It also means viewing forums and topics is nearly impossible, therefore it is hard to moderate.

I am sorry. Dennis is aware.


Is there anyway we can help? Can you grant temporary access to some people who can take some time to clean things up? Is that possible?
Image
User avatar
Adam
Mod
Posts: 23355
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Gender: Male
Country: United_Kingdom
Location: London/Kent, UK

Re: Who wants to be a moderator?

Postby Adam » 18 Feb 2017, 23:55

It multiplies at an insane rate - it's abortive and is a losing battle! Thank you though. Hopefully once Dennis gets to the root it should be OK.

Members shouldn't be too affected, however we see all 'pending posts' (new members have to have their first three posts approved) before they can post.
Image
User avatar
Andreas
Posts: 13760
Joined: 18 Jul 2004, 16:08
Gender: Male
Custom Title: Alpha Male.
Country: Norway
Location: Outside the Box

Re: Who wants to be a moderator?

Postby Andreas » 19 Feb 2017, 14:53

I certainly don't think that anyone requesting copyrighted material, knowing well it's against the forum rules, should be considered for the position of a mod.

If they have no regards for the rules as a regular member, how can anyone expect them to be a decent mod?
Image
User avatar
Fenrik
Posts: 15484
Joined: 18 May 2007, 13:36
Gender: Male
Custom Title: OSLOVE
Country: Norway
Location: Oslo
Contact:

Re: Who wants to be a moderator?

Postby Fenrik » 19 Feb 2017, 16:22

^
Yes, you´ve made your point now. You don´t like posts asking for PMs. We get it.
Image
Jamie
Posts: 22317
Joined: 08 Jul 2004, 18:36

Re: Who wants to be a moderator?

Postby Jamie » 19 Feb 2017, 16:24

Everyone at some point has done a 'send me a PM'.
User avatar
Andreas
Posts: 13760
Joined: 18 Jul 2004, 16:08
Gender: Male
Custom Title: Alpha Male.
Country: Norway
Location: Outside the Box

Re: Who wants to be a moderator?

Postby Andreas » 19 Feb 2017, 16:54

Fenrik wrote:^
Yes, you´ve made your point now. You don´t like posts asking for PMs. We get it.

If you don't like your actions being called out then don't do it. Or do it with some tact, send a PM first.

But don't act like a bi*ch scorn because your actions are being called out. :rolleyes:
Image
User avatar
Fenrik
Posts: 15484
Joined: 18 May 2007, 13:36
Gender: Male
Custom Title: OSLOVE
Country: Norway
Location: Oslo
Contact:

Re: Who wants to be a moderator?

Postby Fenrik » 19 Feb 2017, 17:45

Lol, you think I care about you calling my "actions" out? This had nothing to do with that.
Image
User avatar
JimmyLo
Posts: 4968
Joined: 05 Nov 2004, 20:56
Gender: Male
Country: Canada

Re: Who wants to be a moderator?

Postby JimmyLo » 19 Feb 2017, 19:47

I feel responsible for this - sorry for bringing this issue out.

The issue is that so many people are requesting PMs for links publicly which could lead to problems for DenDen because it's an open forum, anyone can see what we post.

If all contact is done via PM, that's not viewable to public (obviously). All people have to do is ask for a link via PM, not publicly on the board - the sharing doesn't change, we're just protecting DenDen better by keeping it (entirely) private. Right now this is one of the only Spice communities where can share and discuss and if it goes under because we broke the rules then it'll be that much harder to share stuff and we all lose out, especially those who are having issues getting a MM account.
Image

Return to “Small Talk”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 8 guests