Who wants to be a moderator?

Relax with your friends in The Den.... :satan:
Paul
Custom Title: Say No To The World

Re: Who wants to be a moderator?

Postby Paul » 24 Jan 2017, 20:13

FiaSpice wrote:I'm doing a bit of a Melanie C here. I said I wouldn't come back as a mod, but I'm open to the idea. The only thing is I don't wanna be the only active member dealing with arguments, warning and all this.

I've been here since 2003. I've been a mod from 2009 until 2012. I would enforce rules and not turn a blind eye on some situation, like I always did. But I need a team with me, doing it alone would not work.

Yes! Would love you back as Mod! :love:
Liam
Custom Title: The Sexual One

Postby Liam » 24 Jan 2017, 21:55

I think the forum needs a mod that is firm but fair, I think Jamie would be a great candidate. I also think MelSpice and Andrés would be great choices as well.
Fenrik
Custom Title: OSLOVE

Postby Fenrik » 25 Jan 2017, 00:25

Can I be a mod?

I have so much I want to do in here if I get the power!

Dreamland47

Postby Dreamland47 » 25 Jan 2017, 00:59

I'd be interested in this.
Amaranthine18

Postby Amaranthine18 » 25 Jan 2017, 05:05

I want to be a moderator too.
MAD

Postby MAD » 25 Jan 2017, 13:14

Moderators should be chosen among the diplomatic members and not the hysterical ones. I'm sure you'll make the right choice. (:
Andres
Custom Title: HeadBitchInCharge

Postby Andres » 25 Jan 2017, 14:33

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think Fenrik would be a good mod
...FunkyFresh...
Custom Title: MB World

Postby ...FunkyFresh... » 25 Jan 2017, 16:30

throwing my hat in the ring. I would like to Mod if we have a couple or few other Mods as well because obviously one isn't enough but like 4-5 isnt necessary either. Ive been around since the beginning days and even tried to be a Mod before. i check the forums pretty much on a daily basis for any new info so might as well help clean this mess up a bit.

I do also think the old way of voting for a mod via "popularity contest" is not effective, this place has changed too much. I can be completely honest, see every argument/scuttle from different angles, and make fair decisions.
Fenrik

Postby Fenrik » 25 Jan 2017, 19:18

Andres wrote:I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think Fenrik would be a good mod

OMG! That actually means a lot coming from you!

But nah, I think I´m too biased. Poor non-Cheryl and Britney fans in here. :laugh:
(and at the moment Mel C fans...)
Jamie

Postby Jamie » 25 Jan 2017, 20:01

Liam wrote:I think the forum needs a mod that is firm but fair, I think Jamie would be a great candidate. I also think MelSpice and Andrés would be great choices as well.

<3
Rafael_XCX

Postby Rafael_XCX » 25 Jan 2017, 20:33

I wouldn't mind helping out. I've been in this forum for so many years now (kinda step away for a few years but been back in the last year). Have experience with different Spice Girls and other celebs websites (Zigazig-Ha, Emma Guide, ALavigne.com.br, etc). Here I like organizing lyrics threads, competitions and stuff like that. I usually check out all the Spice Girls forums while at work and have enough time, so count me in if help is needed. :)
TeddyBear
Custom Title: hit the lights

Postby TeddyBear » 26 Jan 2017, 16:53

I'd love to be a mod and help make this place better but I know I don't stand a chance if new team is chosen by voting again :laugh:
Tiiger

Postby Tiiger » 27 Jan 2017, 23:49

I think Jay runs this place fine on his own. Can't think of anyone more suitable.
Jamie

Postby Jamie » 28 Jan 2017, 19:58

^ Jay can't be expected to run everything alone. He does a great job but give the guy a break. The forum is more vicious than ever, he needs support.
Andres
Custom Title: HeadBitchInCharge

Postby Andres » 28 Jan 2017, 21:07

Fenrik wrote:
Andres wrote:I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think Fenrik would be a good mod

OMG! That actually means a lot coming from you!

But nah, I think I´m too biased. Poor non-Cheryl and Britney fans in here. :laugh:
(and at the moment Mel C fans...)

That's why I don't support Jamie, we all know he'd change Cheryl's topic's name to "Nicola" so it'd look like people actually make comments about that irrelevant flop
Jamie

Postby Jamie » 28 Jan 2017, 21:40

Honey, nobody cares about Cheryl enough to go to that effort.
Fenrik

Postby Fenrik » 28 Jan 2017, 22:36

The Cheryl thread is ruined anyway by haters so it might as well be called Nicola. The posts would make much more sense :p :devil:
do-it

Postby do-it » 28 Jan 2017, 23:11

...FunkyFresh... wrote:I can be completely honest, see every argument/scuttle from different angles, and make fair decisions.

That sounds good to me. People who have held well-known grudges against certain members probably shouldn't be given the power of moderator. And I don't like the idea of individual moderators for individual sections as that might encourage cliquey-ness and stifle honest debate. In any case, I think Jay has set a great example of how to do the job.
Jamie

Postby Jamie » 29 Jan 2017, 03:00

Fenrik wrote:The Cheryl thread is ruined anyway by haters so it might as well be called Nicola. The posts would make much more sense :p :devil:

Honey, no-one even realises there's a Cheryl thread anymore.
Stas
Custom Title: straight forward

Postby Stas » 29 Jan 2017, 03:42

I am totally fine with FiaSpice or JimmyLo, but please not the other drama queens. They will destroy forums by banning everyone who has a negative opinion about anything/anyone they like. :death: They all seem to prove desperately that if you are over 30, you need to be wiser and more down to earth, but all they seem to do is act like drama queens and trying to prove that they are right at whatever they do.
Tiiger

Postby Tiiger » 29 Jan 2017, 12:32

^ Totally agree. Some of the other suggestions for moderators... :laugh:
Samuel-Bennett
Custom Title: I Am Sam

Postby Samuel-Bennett » 29 Jan 2017, 15:49

Stas wrote:I am totally fine with FiaSpice or JimmyLo, but please not the other drama queens. They will destroy forums by banning everyone who has a negative opinion about anything/anyone they like. :death: They all seem to prove desperately that if you are over 30, you need to be wiser and more down to earth, but all they seem to do is act like drama queens and trying to prove that they are right at whatever they do.

Lmao so true. Couldn't agree more
Jamie

Postby Jamie » 29 Jan 2017, 18:31

All banned when I become mod then x
Hann

Postby Hann » 29 Jan 2017, 23:43

I ran so many times back in the days. Never got far. Fia was great, she'd be a great (re)addition
=]
JimmyLo

Postby JimmyLo » 30 Jan 2017, 01:03

Stas wrote:I am totally fine with FiaSpice or JimmyLo, but please not the other drama queens. They will destroy forums by banning everyone who has a negative opinion about anything/anyone they like. :death: They all seem to prove desperately that if you are over 30, you need to be wiser and more down to earth, but all they seem to do is act like drama queens and trying to prove that they are right at whatever they do.

Well I'm totally flattered. Originally I didn't think I could run because of my work, but on second consideration I do think it's something I could do if there was a team to help keep things going in the summer months (I'm a summer camp director, which is full time and then some through the summer months). The rest of the year I make my own schedule and can be available daily.

If members of the community would like me as a mod then I feel that owe them at least to try. I would absolutely love to work with Fia, so so soooo happy she's considering a return to the job!

Return to “Small Talk”