Sugababes

General discussion | 1 topic per artist | Old music forums are in the "Archive" section at the bottom for further reference (read only)
Charmingspice5
Custom Title: Show Me Love

Re: The Upcoming 8th Album

Postby Charmingspice5 » 14 Oct 2011, 06:24

Stitch wrote:Kelendria, can you handle this?
Tenitra, can you handle this?
Beowulf, can you handle this?

LMAO! Hilarious Jamie :laugh:
Jamie

Postby Jamie » 14 Oct 2011, 14:15

I love their real names though!
Dom

Postby Dom » 14 Oct 2011, 15:38

Wut.
Andreas
Custom Title: Alpha Male.

Postby Andreas » 14 Oct 2011, 16:24

^Style-change, again?!

Seems all they are useful for is pointless photoshoots. Poor cows.
"Don't worry, I got you..."
icecream

Postby icecream » 14 Oct 2011, 16:40

ohmarkayam wrote:letoya & latavia were kicked out of destiny's child in 1999
get over with it :)
5 piece wouldn't work at all
no no no

Of course it will work lol if it doesnt then they can kick out michelle and ask letoya to come back like this picture lol.

I didnt like the fact that matthew was paying radio stations not to play letoya's music and also he told bet awards in 2009 that if letoya performs then he will take beyonce off bet awards. I dont know why he seems so threatend by letoya just cause she sued his arse.
Veli
Custom Title: The Piccie King

Postby Veli » 14 Oct 2011, 19:58

I think he's just bitter. You know how all managers like to think a certain artist can't make it without them. He's doing it just to prove to her what he probably told her - that she can't make it without him. Which is really low of him.

I wonder why Beyonce didn't say anything to him about it. If my dad was doing this I'd be really angry with him.
Andreas

Postby Andreas » 14 Oct 2011, 21:22

Veli wrote:I wonder why Beyonce didn't say anything to him about it. If my dad was doing this I'd be really angry with him.

Probably because the girls were right to a degree. Destiny's Child was more or less Beyoncè with backing-singers.

It's not her fault tho, she has an appearance and pretense that captivates you when you see her, natural performer be it singing, acting, you name it. All eyes are on her. Which is why she is the most successful solo-artist of them all.
Andres
Custom Title: HeadBitchInCharge

Postby Andres » 14 Oct 2011, 21:33

Dom wrote:Image

Wut.

love it
Veli

Postby Veli » 14 Oct 2011, 22:16

Andreas wrote:
Veli wrote:I wonder why Beyonce didn't say anything to him about it. If my dad was doing this I'd be really angry with him.

Probably because the girls were right to a degree. Destiny's Child was more or less Beyoncè with backing-singers.

It's not her fault tho, she has an appearance and pretense that captivates you when you see her, natural performer be it singing, acting, you name it. All eyes are on her. Which is why she is the most successful solo-artist of them all.

Yeah, Beyonce just has IT. It was clear from day one, some people are born to do this and she is one of them. When I watch her tours I'm blown away.

My point is Bey always plays the nice girl. She is even on good terms with LeToya now. Why didn't she say anything to Matthew knowing he's doing these things to stop LeToya from having some success.

It's not like LeToya being successful means Beyonce not being successful. None of the girls will ever be on Beyonce's level. She's just superstar material. Even Kelly who's doing really well will never be as big as Beyonce. So it's really stupid of Matthew to pay radio stations not to play LeToya's music.
Javi
Custom Title: f.k.a. IER

Postby Javi » 14 Oct 2011, 22:32

learning new office jobs for when they're dropped next year? :D

I just realized they would look hot as the Charlie's Angels.
-If you really bug me, then I'll say goodbye.
Andreas

Postby Andreas » 15 Oct 2011, 00:21

Veli wrote:Yeah, Beyonce just has IT. It was clear from day one, some people are born to do this and she is one of them. When I watch her tours I'm blown away.

My point is Bey always plays the nice girl. She is even on good terms with LeToya now. Why didn't she say anything to Matthew knowing he's doing these things to stop LeToya from having some success.

It's not like LeToya being successful means Beyonce not being successful. None of the girls will ever be on Beyonce's level. She's just superstar material. Even Kelly who's doing really well will never be as big as Beyonce. So it's really stupid of Matthew to pay radio stations not to play LeToya's music.

I haven't followed the LaToya/Matthew/Beyoncè drama, but didn't B only mention/thank LaToya and the other girl just recently? Which means she didn't speak of them until after she fired her father as her manager. I can't say I heard Kelly or Beyoncè mention any of the other girls from Destiny's Child v1.0 before (with the exception of "Survivor", which was about them)... It seems B has only been doing what her father told her to do or not to do.
BootyliciousJosh

Postby BootyliciousJosh » 15 Oct 2011, 03:04

icecream wrote:I didnt like the fact that matthew was paying radio stations not to play letoya's music and also he told bet awards in 2009 that if letoya performs then he will take beyonce off bet awards. I dont know why he seems so threatend by letoya just cause she sued his arse.

it's because LeToya's album and single both went number 1 and was a big hit.
icecream

Postby icecream » 15 Oct 2011, 12:18

BootyliciousJosh wrote:
icecream wrote:I didnt like the fact that matthew was paying radio stations not to play letoya's music and also he told bet awards in 2009 that if letoya performs then he will take beyonce off bet awards. I dont know why he seems so threatend by letoya just cause she sued his arse.

it's because LeToya's album and single both went number 1 and was a big hit.

Yes but i dont see why that was a threat to beyonce.

Either way it goes to show letoya was out of the spotlight for a long time and it shows she is a true survivor as people thought she will never make it after the destiny's child drama.

Also when they first came out kelly always played second best becuase matthew made her feel she was second best. And also i dont understand why letoya didnt get one verse on any of the destiny's child album. Even latavia got verse on sweet sixteen.

Either way if letoya never had the problem with the her label im sure she would of been bigger than she is. In my oppinion letoya is better than kelly rowland.

When letoya & latavia got kicked out they started their own group called Anjel which they have some good demos etc but then when jermaine dupri left the label, that gave problems with Anjel's deal with jagged edge.

For those people that dont know here is some picture of Anjel what i liked about Anjel they all shared parts like the sugababes. Thats why when this never worked out letoya never gave up and im so happy for letoya now.

VideoGameSpice

Postby VideoGameSpice » 15 Oct 2011, 13:21

Wut.

How photoshopped is this!? The girls aren't even casting shadows. Or are they ghosts now?
ohmarkayam

Postby ohmarkayam » 15 Oct 2011, 18:05

that ANJEL group looks way too ghetto...
Veli

Postby Veli » 15 Oct 2011, 20:03

Andreas wrote:I haven't followed the LaToya/Matthew/Beyoncè drama, but didn't B only mention/thank LaToya and the other girl just recently? Which means she didn't speak of them until after she fired her father as her manager. I can't say I heard Kelly or Beyoncè mention any of the other girls from Destiny's Child v1.0 before (with the exception of "Survivor", which was about them)... It seems B has only been doing what her father told her to do or not to do.

I've watched many LeToya interviews. And she said that she and Bey made up and all is good now (that was a few years ago). Also LeToya and Kelly did an interview together where they seemed friendly:

schizophonic_spice

Postby schizophonic_spice » 15 Oct 2011, 21:27

haha is this the Sugababes or Destinys Child forum?
Andreas

Postby Andreas » 15 Oct 2011, 21:45

Well, none of the groups excist anymore...
Veli

Postby Veli » 16 Oct 2011, 09:54

It's the "Girldbands who like to replace members for breakfast" forum :p

But I'll shut up about DC. Let's talk about the Babes while we still have them. Very soon there won't be a band with that name.

Right after their album given away for free flops :D
breezyspice
Mod
Custom Title: Breezy

Postby breezyspice » 16 Oct 2011, 17:46

Love the new photo! For fans who still like them, its fun to see.
icecream

Postby icecream » 16 Oct 2011, 22:09

Even is the sugababes flopped just say they got dropped and they decided to call it quits or start a new name does that mean they have to give up the name and will the original have access to it?
Jay
Mod

Postby Jay » 17 Oct 2011, 03:00

Well the original three wouldn't have any access to the name. Pretty sure 4.0's management must have ownership over the name/brand. If Sugababes 4.0 actually ended, I'm pretty sure the 'Sugababes' name would die along with that.

Just my guess!
icecream

Postby icecream » 17 Oct 2011, 11:22

Jay wrote:Well the original three wouldn't have any access to the name. Pretty sure 4.0's management must have ownership over the name/brand. If Sugababes 4.0 actually ended, I'm pretty sure the 'Sugababes' name would die along with that.

Just my guess!

Its still shocking that they have access to the band as its wrong. Who ever should of have access to the band is keisha or mutya. I understand that mutya left the group sue to her personal reasons but she left the name in the hands of keisha. If keisha wanted to leave then its fine for 4.0 to carry on as the sugababes but as keisha got forced out she should of have access to it.
Andreas

Postby Andreas » 17 Oct 2011, 12:32

I don't have an issue with Crown owning the Sugababes-brand. That's just how it is, it's how Siobhan, Mutya and Keisha did it back in the days. But it's ridiculous that they continue to use it after the group is obviously dead to the public. It's like kicking a dead horse. Crown and v4.0 should just let it go and move on. Everyone else has. Sugababes is over, what's left is a sad tribute act.

Unfortunately none of the original girls will be able to use the name if they decided to get back together down the road. Good thing Mutya, Keisha and Siobhan are considered the original line up (even if Mutya, Keisha and Heidi are the most common known) and they would generate a lot of publicity if they decided to regroup.

The idea of Mutya and Keisha ever regrouping with Heidi is diabolical, as it will never happen and the discussion of Heidi being in her right being pissed at Mutya for leaving is even more diabolical! Mutya is a free person and can do what she feels like (and how anyone could ever justify Geri's departure from the Spice Girls but slam Mutya for her departure from the Sugababes is so fucking stupid it speaks for itself). If Heidi was as friendly and personal with Mutya when she left as she herself always claimed, Heidi would have understood. Keisha did. Heidi just turned into a sour cunt. And for the record, Mutya did come backstage at a gig after she left and talked to all of them them. Heidi, being the bitch that she is, gave the cold shoulder (Heidi was the one who brought up the incident in an interview, the same interview where Keisha said she respected Mutya for her discussion and would always be her friend).
Jay
Mod

Postby Jay » 17 Oct 2011, 13:40

Heidi isn't the lovely and innocent person that some fans make her out to be. On the surface appearances can be deceiving.

Return to “Music”