(updated) Mod / Admin message to Users of this forum

Seven hours since you posted away, eleven coffees, Sugababes on play...
Hungy
Admin
Custom Title: DDs resident biatch

(updated) Mod / Admin message to Users of this forum

Postby Hungy » 16 Nov 2011, 01:14

Hi everyone,

The Mods and Admins were notified of the several constant negative posts made by a few posters in this forum. We agree that in order to promote the continuing useful and enjoyable use of this forum, warnings will be given automatically to any posters in this forum who are here to post only negative comments about the group or its members (i.e. trolling). These warnings will be issued automatically by the mod/admin team without discussion, to any users who show such negative behaviour in this forum. We want to make this forum enjoyable for everyone and have received complaints from many users about some posters who are here only to put down everyone and everything regarding Sugababes.

Thank you.

Update Dec. 16, 2011:

As posted in the sticky thread in this forum, any user who comes to this forum just to post negative comments and who obviously doesn't like the band / solo anymore will be given an automatic warning. This is different from users who have legitimate critical (positive, negative, in-between) comments. Being negative or not agreeing with something from a critical point of view and still obviously liking the group/solo, is different from going into a forum where you no longer like the group or solo, and thus find every reason to put down everyone and everything.

The mods/admins are also aware of some users (from both "sides") reporting posts just to maliciously get other users in trouble, and also in attempts to make fun of the automatic warning rule in this forum. Because some users are obviously here with immature attitudes in attempts to:
1) put down the group/solo
2) put down fans who are "on the opposite" side of them, and
3) harrass the mods/admins because they don't like the sticky warning,

the mods/admins are also considering shutting down this forum altogether. Sorry that a few users have wrecked this forum for the majority of you who have been mature.
I'm on facebook now, just search for my name in the Calgary, AB network.
I'm the person in the orange Tigger hat in the picture below:
Jamie

Re: Mod / Admin message to Users of this forum

Postby Jamie » 16 Nov 2011, 01:17

I see why this is being done, but where is the line? Would me saying "I don't like 4.0's version of ____" be deemed as warning worthy? Or someone saying "I hate Keisha"? Where are the boundaries of this? Also, as long as it's not just anti-4.0 people being warned then I'm happy for this to go on.
Jay
Mod

Postby Jay » 16 Nov 2011, 02:05

Shrug. Are a mixture of opinions allowed though? Very few people can like everything 100% of the time, and very few people can all agree with each other 100% of the time.
mats

Postby mats » 16 Nov 2011, 02:14

I think there's a problem when some users just keep on repeating something/someone "is shite" over and over.
We got it! Saying it once was enough. Now move on and GET OUT!
Even though I mostly read this forum (I rarely post here) I felt like sharing my opinion :angel:
Jay
Mod

Postby Jay » 16 Nov 2011, 02:42

You should stick around, mats! :kiss: :D
Javi
Custom Title: f.k.a. IER

Postby Javi » 16 Nov 2011, 02:44

I agree that there are certain users that come here just to talk shit and spread negativity. But what happens with those of us that, being Sugababes fan, come here to support the band (past or present), their music and their solo projects, but still want to be free to critisize certain Sugababes whenever we feel like it?

I'm not a troll but I want to be free to say "Keisha is a bitch" at least once per month when she releases her solo stuff. lol
-If you really bug me, then I'll say goodbye.
Javi
Custom Title: f.k.a. IER

Postby Javi » 16 Nov 2011, 02:45

Jay wrote:You should stick around, mats! :kiss: :D

when I saw him posting on the OYR thread I was like "what? am I on the melanie c forum by mistake?" lol
-If you really bug me, then I'll say goodbye.
Tiiger

Postby Tiiger » 16 Nov 2011, 02:45

Good!
Jay
Mod

Postby Jay » 16 Nov 2011, 02:48

IER wrote:
Jay wrote:You should stick around, mats! :kiss: :D

when I saw him posting on the OYR thread I was like "what? am I on the melanie c forum by mistake?" lol

:laugh: Accidentally stumbling into the Melanie C iTunes thread. :hunny:
mats

Postby mats » 16 Nov 2011, 02:50

^ LOL I had a giggle at all this :$
BootyliciousJosh

Postby BootyliciousJosh » 16 Nov 2011, 05:13

the whole negativity was getting out of hand.
Brett
Custom Title: Fucking Love SGs

Postby Brett » 16 Nov 2011, 06:01

^ It was. Sugababes are one of my top fav groups of the moment, and I couldn't come here without reading something about the "Splendababes" or "Replace-a-babes" (two years people, two years) so I pretty much stopped coming.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and if you don't like something, then you should be more than welcome to say it...but don't bring everyone else who likes it down with you for the rest of forever.

I like 1.0
I like 2.0
I like 3.0
I like 4.0

I don't dislike keisha, I don't dislike heidi or amelle. Something went down and everyone has their side of the story, and regardless what actually happened, what you believe, nothing is going to change.

With that said, bring on the 1.0 Reunion, Keisha's Album, and 4.0's New Album. I can't wait to buy them all, unless they're given away for free :D
Jay
Mod

Postby Jay » 16 Nov 2011, 06:33

Brett wrote:I like 1.0
I like 2.0
I like 3.0
I like 4.0

:D That's a rare sight to see. Believe it or not, same here. :lovers:

Brett wrote:unless they're given away for free :D

:laugh:
mysterious
Custom Title: lets go eskimo

Postby mysterious » 16 Nov 2011, 07:38

Jay wrote:
Brett wrote:I like 1.0
I like 2.0
I like 3.0
I like 4.0

:D That's a rare sight to see. Believe it or not, same here. :lovers:

Brett wrote:unless they're given away for free :D

:laugh:

I feel like the both of you on both topics :p
breezyspice
Mod
Custom Title: Breezy

Postby breezyspice » 16 Nov 2011, 12:27

To what Stitch and Jay mentioned at the top, this is definitely directed to all sides and will be enforced no matter pro/anti of all sides. It is fact that no side is right or wrong, no side is better than the other and I understand that its difficult to achieve explanation on what is and what isn't tolerated, but that's what we hope the report button will be used for. I also want to link to a post I just made in the mod log concerning this, as Veli's comment about myself put me off guard and made me sad. I really want to be clear on things as it is NOT my intention to come across the way he thinks that I have. http://forums.denden.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=3638277#p3638277

With that, I'd like to extend an apology to anyone else who thinks less of me for this. As I mentioned in the original post, I felt like I've been in a difficult position for a long time with this, being a user of the forum - a Sugababes fan, and then a mod as well. The entire team looked at this and I promise it wasn't me just deciding to be a princess one day. If you do have a problem with me, please PM me in hopes of rectifying that, because there is nobody here that I hate, think less of, or don't want to converse with. :hmm:
Veli
Custom Title: The Piccie King

Postby Veli » 16 Nov 2011, 14:37

Look, I do understand your point. I've only seen you being nice all these years on DD. And I never thought of you as a mod (till now). You were one of the Sugababes fans in our little community whose opinion I care about as much as I care about all other Sugababes fans' opinions in here. Even the Keisha haters - I understand they don't say bad things about her just to diss her. They say it because they believe she is a bully. Just like me and other members are angry with Amelle and Heidi and we say bad things about them out of disappointment. But also say good things when they do something good - I admitted Freedom was good.

I just don't see fans who hate one side only and only diss them. All of us liked the band at some point. Then the inevitable happened and it's natural people take sides and are disappointed with certain group members. We can't pretend it didn't happen. It did.

You are just too nice and I understand you don't like seeing the forum as it is now. But it's a natural process. No-one is trashing it. People are saying what they feel.

If I were a Mod I'd never report this. You can say you did it as a regular member but you know very well the other Mods will agree with you just because it's you (another Mod) that said it. They won't admit it so you won't feel bad. But they don't care about the Sugababes so if a fellow Mod asks them for help, they'll just help cause they don't care.

So I know you have good intentions. But right now I'll think twice everytime I'm about to post here. I'll try to think where is crossing the line. I won't be able to say what I feel because I'm not sure if it'll offend you and if I'll get a warning for it. So I won't say what I really mean. And my joy from this (sub)forum will be gone.

I didn't mean to make you sad, I'm sorry for that. It doesn't change the fact that you are a nice member. It just reflects on me (having to think twice about what I say). That's why I'm disappointed. Out of selfishness if you want. So you really shouldn't be sad about how I feel about it. I'm not saying I'm right, it's just how I feel right now. This was my favourite place on DD and now it'll be full of fake comments only. We'll all pretend we like everything and you'll have your happy forum you were dreaming of.
Tiiger

Postby Tiiger » 16 Nov 2011, 16:15

Veli wrote:You are just too nice and I understand you don't like seeing the forum as it is now. But it's a natural process. No-one is trashing it. People are saying what they feel.

Dudududu... WRONG! There's trashing and trolling going on from certain members. Could name a few, but I won't.
Dom

Postby Dom » 16 Nov 2011, 16:28

Tiiger wrote:
Veli wrote:You are just too nice and I understand you don't like seeing the forum as it is now. But it's a natural process. No-one is trashing it. People are saying what they feel.

Dudududu... WRONG! There's trashing and trolling going on from certain members. Could name a few, but I won't.

Hardly. "Trolling" means certain members are negative about everything. And like Veli said, there are members here who still care for previous line ups.
Tiiger

Postby Tiiger » 16 Nov 2011, 16:38

Oh, I am sorry Mr. Dictionary.
Jay
Mod

Postby Jay » 16 Nov 2011, 18:02

^ How is that any better than what's been going on in this forum recently? :confused: The last thing this forum needs is sniping between posters.
Jamie

Postby Jamie » 16 Nov 2011, 19:07

I can't see this forum continuing much longer if we're no longer even allowed to air an opinion without fear of being warned.
wildhope
Previous username(s): crashworld

Postby wildhope » 16 Nov 2011, 19:25

Finally something is done to this issue. The Sugababes' forum used to be a pretty small community. But until recently, the users from this community diminished quite significantly. Making the "bashers" more apparent. Yes, it is hard to draw a line between constructive criticsm and plain bashing. But that is not the issue with why this is being raised. It is more of the atmosphere the forums has become. Some posters have become really vicious and nasty with their comments almost every other time. And it's abit way too easy to say that their words are meant to be sarcastic or with irony etc. And I believe breezyspice on several ocassions have voiced out her concerns and trying to lighten the atmosphere, but the negativity does not seem to stop. I mean no one is stopping anyone here to make their comments known. But I personally do not see the point in going to every 4.0 topic (or even non 4.0 topic) just to post negative stuff when you don't even enjoy them. It's just gave the impression that spreading the negativity about 4.0 is the top priority for some posters' existence in the forum. Some of us did go overboard with their comments sometimes and it's understandable as things are said in the heat of an argument. But the point of making negative posts one after another doesn't seem to be appropriate at all. I hope this action by the mods will help to ease the tension abit. And I thank you for that. :P
Jamie

Postby Jamie » 16 Nov 2011, 19:28

wildhope wrote:It's just gave the impression that spreading the negativity about 4.0 is the top priority for some posters' existence in the forum.

But people do exactly the same thing about Keisha, calling her a bully which is slander/libel for a start. She appeared in anti-bullying adverts. She isn't a bully and it really infuriates me to see people accusing this poor woman of being one when she clearly is not.
wildhope
Previous username(s): crashworld

Postby wildhope » 16 Nov 2011, 19:36

^To be honest, apart from schizospice who is pretty vocal about his opinions on Keisha, I dont really see anyone constantly bashing Keisha. But I can't say that about 4.0. And also if you are uncomfortable with his posts or any posts about Keisha's being a bully, report them. All in all, this was not raised because of the negativity surrounding 4.0. It is the atmosphere of the forum and behaviour of certain members. I pointed out the issue on 4.0 as it is the more apparent.
Tiiger

Postby Tiiger » 16 Nov 2011, 19:39

People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. (:

Return to “Sugababes & Solo”