The Keisha thread.

Seven hours since you posted away, eleven coffees, Sugababes on play...
Jamie

The Keisha thread.

Postby Jamie » 21 Feb 2012, 01:50

This is the thread we can talk about the undeniably most talented Sugababe ever, Keisha! I still love the songs that leaked of hers.
ohmarkayam

Re: The Keisha thread.

Postby ohmarkayam » 21 Feb 2012, 02:40

no album , no single, no official news, whats the point of this?
not a hater..just saying...
Jamie

Postby Jamie » 21 Feb 2012, 02:42

To talk about her upcoming music, to talk about her past music, to talk about her generally...not that difficult to comprehend.
Jay
Mod

Postby Jay » 21 Feb 2012, 04:29

There's an Amelle topic and there's barely any news regarded her solo endeavors at all. So there's no harm in a Keisha topic!
jcmantaray
Previous username(s): Jade_Surfer

Postby jcmantaray » 21 Feb 2012, 14:50

Yay for this topic! I have Fearless, Gimme Pressure, and Under Control. Love them all! I don't think I've liked unreleased songs so much as them. Plus, in Gimme Pressure, I just realized that the first verse mentions hearing about the fallout when she flew from London to California for the About A Girl video! I love how real it is.
Veli
Custom Title: The Piccie King

Postby Veli » 21 Feb 2012, 16:16

^ Yeah, I got that from the first listen. :D

The lyrics are awesome. My fave line is "I'm the original, not the degenerate" :devil:

I love the 3 songs so much. But unfortunately none of them is likely to end up on the album. Cause she said she's in a good place now and these were written when she was still angry when things were still fresh :(

I still think she can include Fearless at least. It's not THAT obvious, non-fans won't connect it to the Suga-drama. :shrug:
Jamie

Postby Jamie » 21 Feb 2012, 16:39

I must admit, Gimme Pressure is insanely good but it's inclusion on the upcoming album would just be wrong.
dbomb12

Postby dbomb12 » 21 Feb 2012, 19:28

I LOVE Gimme Pressure! it's an amazing song she should perform it or atleast put it as a bonus track or something the whole song is amazing!
TheDoctor

Postby TheDoctor » 21 Feb 2012, 20:25

I agree, her leaked songs were really good, which makes me a bit sad that she's not releasing the album after all but is going with the reunion album instead.

And as much as I love her - she did drive me mad! I was desperate for some news on a single or album and she just came saying soon and it still hasn't happened :(
breezyspice
Mod
Custom Title: Breezy

Postby breezyspice » 21 Feb 2012, 20:30

I never found anything of good enough quality to add to my iTunes but I did enjoy a couple tracks of all I heard. I generally don't like ballads ever so its hard to win me over on those anyway. Like Solo Spice Girls, I try not to listen to Solo Sugababes until the track is officially released because I like torturing myself relentlessly. lol
Jamie

Postby Jamie » 21 Feb 2012, 20:31

I couldn't do that, breezyspice!
breezyspice
Mod
Custom Title: Breezy

Postby breezyspice » 21 Feb 2012, 20:33

^ Yeeeeeaahhhh, in cases like this I could see myself giving in. Sometimes enough is enough! lol
mysterious
Custom Title: lets go eskimo

Postby mysterious » 21 Feb 2012, 20:48

Keisha is amazing. I feel like her talent has been wasted since September 2009, I miss her voice so much. I loved the 3 leaked tracks - specially Fearless - but I can't get why she hasn't released her solo album after all this time.
Jamie

Postby Jamie » 21 Feb 2012, 20:51

She did always state that she never wanted to be a solo artist. Maybe since the talks began for the Sugababes reunion, she felt more comfortable doing that.
mysterious
Custom Title: lets go eskimo

Postby mysterious » 21 Feb 2012, 20:58

^^ yeah, it makes sense, and I do believe she may be the most passionate girl behind this 1.0 reunion.
Jay
Mod

Postby Jay » 04 Mar 2012, 02:56

A girl group related programme was on BBC2 earlier tonight, and Sugababes 4.0 & Keisha featured on it (obviously not together, lol).

Suga 4.0 sang a little of Freedom acoustic #whiletheywerestilltryingtomakefreedomhappenlol and Keisha was rather revealing about her feelings regarding the Sugababes, lol. I hope it's uploaded so everyone here can watch both their parts in the programme.

Keisha said something like "To me, I like to remember the Sugababes as me and Mutya's vocals together, with Siobhan..." / "You don't think I'm sounding bitchy, do you?" ( :love: )
icecream

Postby icecream » 04 Mar 2012, 04:23

Jay wrote:A girl group related programme was on BBC2 earlier tonight, and Sugababes 4.0 & Keisha featured on it (obviously not together, lol).

Suga 4.0 sang a little of Freedom acoustic #whiletheywerestilltryingtomakefreedomhappenlol and Keisha was rather revealing about her feelings regarding the Sugababes, lol. I hope it's uploaded so everyone here can watch both their parts in the programme.

Keisha said something like "To me, I like to remember the Sugababes as me and Mutya's vocals together, with Siobhan..." / "You don't think I'm sounding bitchy, do you?" ( :love: )

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 ... rl_Group!/
Jay
Mod

Postby Jay » 04 Mar 2012, 05:15

Only UK individuals can watch that, a few here are from elsewhere.
Veli
Custom Title: The Piccie King

Postby Veli » 04 Mar 2012, 10:37

^ I want to watch this badly (also for the Spice Girls). But damn, can't find a working UK proxy.

I really hope someone uploads it somewhere else for all of us to see :hmm:
Charmingspice5
Custom Title: Show Me Love

Postby Charmingspice5 » 04 Mar 2012, 11:21

Veli wrote:^ I want to watch this badly (also for the Spice Girls). But damn, can't find a working UK proxy.

I really hope someone uploads it somewhere else for all of us to see :hmm:

+1 me too
TheDoctor

Postby TheDoctor » 04 Mar 2012, 11:28

I really agreed with what Keisha said on the programme as I thought she was totally right - but then I was really disappointed about what she put on twitter afterwards.

She put '6 years NO' after Heidi said Amelle had been in the band for six years and I didn't really get what her point was because she has been in the band for six years now...

And she also tweeted 'I was always loyal to my bandmates' and I find that so full of bullshit! She referred to Siobhan as 'the other girl', abandoned Mutya after 2006 once she left and now she stronly dislikes Amelle and Heidi (for reasons we'll never truly know) so there's never been a time when she has got on with all of her bandmates! And I remember two seperate interviews where Keisha said that 3.0 were the best line-up and that she didn't like One Touch and couldn't remember all the songs on it (that might have been Mutya come to think of it), and then she appears on this Girl Groups show and says how amazing 1.0 were and that that is how she wants to remember the Sugababes...

Sorry but I don't want this to seem like something I'm going to get warned for, I was just posting something I hope someone could share some of their views on it!
Jay
Mod

Postby Jay » 04 Mar 2012, 15:31

Keisha Buchanan ‏ @keisha_buchanan
Love you S&M xxx

^ Cute!

I suppose if you think about it... now she's back with Mutya & Siobhan, it's no real surprise that her comments about them are the most flattering. Keisha doesn't have anything to gain by being complimentary towards Heidi/Amelle, now that she's back with Mutya/Siobhan. Heidi and Amelle are hardly all that complimentary about Keisha either anyway - and it's not like 4.0 took the opportunity to show gratefulness to the past, only their own roles in the group (how they highlighted they'd been in the group for 10 / 6 / 2 years). Overall, there's obviously no love lost anymore.

Keisha's comments on the programme were quite well put, I thought. They were pretty subtle in a way, yet subliminal messages could be interpreted.

"If singing in a group called Sugababes makes you happy, then why not"

Note the use of the word called.

"I prefer to remember it as me and Mutya, our vocals together, and Siobhan's too, that's when I feel like a Sugababe.

= A way of making viewers remember the origin of the group, in advance of the comeback. Emphasise that the current incarnation is a group that was established by the "hard work" of previous members.

I'm not saying I agree with the shade towards Heidi, her contribution to the success of 2.0 and beyond is without question - but for the situation Keisha is in now, she doesn't really need to visibly hold Heidi in high regard. I think she knows that Heidi is generally regarded as a replacement now, rather than an important factor, in the eyes of the general public.

Overall though, I thought Keisha was rather restrained.

*Well this was a lot of rambling* :D
tommie

Postby tommie » 04 Mar 2012, 17:07

Exactly - I don't get why Heidi should get some sort of free pass considering she's called 4.0 "the best line-up" and said that her 8 year working relationship with Keisha was a bad one - why the hell should Keisha play nice? If anything she's lucky she's not getting proper smackdowns...
TheDoctor

Postby TheDoctor » 04 Mar 2012, 17:15

Where did she say the whole eight years with Keisha were bad? I've only ever heard her say the last year of 3.0 was unbearable.
icecream

Postby icecream » 04 Mar 2012, 17:22

I do agree with Keisha. Heidi is wrong you cant say your in the group for that long when your not doing anything in the group.

Example when she said jade been in the group for 2 years when realisticly she hasnt.
Thats like saying 4.0 having 10 years break and then heidi says jade has been in the group for 12 years.

Even in 3.0 days keisha complimented siobhan in interviews and talked about her talent etc. So keisha is not two faced or anything like that. She didnt turn her back on Mutya she still had respect for Mutya but i remember keisha said buisness wise 3.0 is like a first priority etc.
As keisha said that heidi was upset with Mutya when she left as she didnt tell Heidi. So Keisha didnt want to dissrespect Heidi or Amelle as she had to work with them to make it work. Amelle just got offended and strop for no reason i dont see why should Amelle feel awkward when she saw Mutya as she did replace Mutya.

Even Mutya said that heidi was the one to watch out for she was always the quite on and you dont know whats she thinking.

Return to “Sugababes & Solo”