The Keisha thread.

Seven hours since you posted away, eleven coffees, Sugababes on play...
TheDoctor

Re: The Keisha thread.

Postby TheDoctor » 04 Mar 2012, 17:39

I don't get what you mean about Jade icecream? She has been in the Sugababes for two years. From September 2009 to September 2011 she worked under the Sugababes name recording, releasing and performing Sugababes music, and i think it was around November when the hiatus was decided so she has been in the group for 2 years...
Jay
Mod

Postby Jay » 04 Mar 2012, 17:57

icecream wrote:She didnt turn her back on Mutya she still had respect for Mutya but i remember keisha said buisness wise 3.0 is like a first priority etc.
As keisha said that heidi was upset with Mutya when she left as she didnt tell Heidi. So Keisha didnt want to dissrespect Heidi or Amelle as she had to work with them to make it work. Amelle just got offended and strop for no reason i dont see why should Amelle feel awkward when she saw Mutya as she did replace Mutya.

Even Mutya said that heidi was the one to watch out for she was always the quite on and you dont know whats she thinking.

TheDoctor

Postby TheDoctor » 04 Mar 2012, 18:41

Well I don't blame Heidi for that all, Mutya was really rude and disrespectful to Heidi by not telling her she was leaving. Everyone seems to blame Heidi for all the problems nowadays and I think it's a bit unfair. Out of Keisha, Mutya, Amelle and Heidi surely Heidi seems the least likely to be playing games in the band and be cunning and cruel etc. Then again, I know people say that 'it's always the quiet ones', and I love Heidi but I really don't think she's intelligent enough to be a complete cunning bitch playing games in the Sugababes - whereas the other three seem very switched on when it comes to stuff like that.
tommie

Postby tommie » 04 Mar 2012, 18:49

It's funny because I often feel like Heidi gets a free pass because she's the blonde smiley one.

Also, I think you need to put Mutya's behaviour in context - when Siobhán left she was sued by the management and pretty much lost everything she earned during 1.0; Mutya was probably just being smart by dealing with the business side of it all first. I don't blame her for that.
Jay
Mod

Postby Jay » 04 Mar 2012, 19:13

We all know Mutya had post natal depression, was tired of the strains the band put on her, and the fact she couldn't spend much time with her child. Her reasons for leaving must have been major to Mutya back then. Not only to walk away from her career, but to break apart from her childhood friend Keisha.

The state of depression Mutya had maybe contributed to her lack of "compassion" towards letting Heidi know she was leaving the band. I think Heidi could have been a bit more selfless about the situation than "oh she didn't tell me she was leaving, how rude". Mutya leaving was at least dealt with in a business like manner, rather than unprofessionally.

It was only a couple of months later that Mutya attempted to sort things out with 3.0, by taking time to visit them at CD:UK. We know that Heidi ignored her - that was rude and disrespectful as well, two wrongs don't make a right. At least Mutya attempted to hand her an olive branch, but Heidi wasn't forgiving. It was quite bitchy and immature given the situation Mutya was in, health-wise. If Heidi was all that much of a friend, she could have shown some empathy, but no. I've said it before, but it's quite clear Heidi isn't the 100% innocent girl in the whole Sugababes saga, like some like to paint her as. At some stage, they've all been at fault to varying degrees.
TheDoctor

Postby TheDoctor » 04 Mar 2012, 19:28

I really don't think Heidi had anything to apologize at CD:UK but she should have spoken to Mutya at least - but she was really hurt by the whole thing. I'd be really hurt if my best friend just abandonded me at some point in my life without explaining why to me, randomly leaving and then trying to apologize 2/3 months later just wouldn't make it right to me. In the same way if Heidi was that much of a friend she would have been sympathetic towards Mutya, it has to work both ways. If Mutya was 'that much of a friend' she could have found five minutes before focussing on the business accept to tell Heidi (and also Keisha!) her supposed best friends that she was leaving without just walking out on them. It seems that Mutya's just let off in this instance because 'she had depression' so that makes it alright, and once again Heidi is to blame.
Jay
Mod

Postby Jay » 04 Mar 2012, 19:49

At some stage you have to be a mature adult about situations. Heidi knows Mutya had a baby and it was evident that her priorities had clearly changed - leaving the band was a big indication of that to have given Heidi a clue. Getting her nose out of joint over "not being told", as if that was Mutya's sole intention (to offend Heidi and their friendship) was just an unnecessary, bitchy way of dealing with it. Women will be women, I guess.

It's a fact that Mutya suffered from post-natal depression. It's a medical condition and it can and should excuse certain actions! Mutya leaving her career shouldn't be a big deal in itself, and not telling Heidi "as a friend", in the grand scheme of things, wasn't particularly important. As said, it was dealt with in a professional manner so at least Sugababes could continue straight away.

Mutya needed space to get well, so she left the band. She had to be "selfish" in that respect. When she was able to, she attempted to wish 3.0 well, but was rebuked by Heidi. Not good.

Heidi didn't have anything to apologise for before CD:UK - but she sure has had something to apologise for since CD:UK. It's been six years since then.
dbomb12

Postby dbomb12 » 04 Mar 2012, 19:50

You have depression and then tell me if you would wanna sit down with your bandmates who's business and longevity could be possibly messed up by you leaving and see if you would wanna say anything, she didn't tell Keisha that she was leaving either and she knew Keisha for alot longer than she did Heidi yet Keisha still spoke to her and supported her publicly.

Heidi didn't do that all she said was that she didn't tell her that she was leaving but she didn't tell Keisha either she told management, so for Heidi to ignore her in my opinion was disrespectful she could of at least asked her then why didn't you tell me but she just ignored her, now how does that help the situation? please tell me cause in my eyes it only makes the situation worse.

I think Heidi has ulterior motives as did Amelle in the band and Heidi seems like the person that is very sweet until you cross her or do something she doesn't like and like P.Diddy said to Danity Kane on MTB "emotions will have you broke, emotions will have you watching VMAs on the TV kicking yourself in the ass".

Heidi allows her emotions to dictate how she handles herself and in this business it's not a very good thing to do.

As for what Keisha said on Twitter I think after all the things that Amelle and Heidi have said about her publicly she has a right to say alot more than she has but they've put a gag order on her so she cannot speak on what went down with her and the girls (that's some shady shit that the management pulled but whatever) and her saying I was loyal to my bandmates i think she means while she was in the band with them, once they leave you don't need to have loyalty to them because they are not in the camp anymore so thats not a bad thing it's LIFE!

I personally think that whatever Keisha says VS what Heidi and Amelle say about each other will always be unfair because when Amelle and Heidi say anything about Keisha it's cool for them to do it but if Keisha even makes a reference then she gets shot down for it and that's not right but i'm not gonna go into that otherwise i'll be here all night.

*My opinion is done now lol*
icecream

Postby icecream » 04 Mar 2012, 19:56

^

What i am trying to say with Jade that she wasnt out publicly with sugababes. She was out promoting with them for sweet 7 then they came out with freedom so to the public she really hasnt been in the group that long when it comes to work etc.

Also i do think there is a reason why Mutya never told Heidi she was leaving. Mutya must of noticed that Heidi is a dark horse and yes Heidi is pretty blonde but that dont make her innocent.

Also yes Heidi and Amelle are very lucky Keisha hasnt come alot harder on them. Heidi is lucky she aint got a good slap round the face and more.
tommie

Postby tommie » 04 Mar 2012, 19:59

dbomb12 wrote:I personally think that whatever Keisha says VS what Heidi and Amelle say about each other will always be unfair because when Amelle and Heidi say anything about Keisha it's cool for them to do it but if Keisha even makes a reference then she gets shot down for it and that's not right but i'm not gonna go into that otherwise i'll be here all night.

Heidi and Amelle have been talking smack about Keisha since 2009 - that Keisha is supposed to be nice to them back is ridiculous. She could say far worse things than she has really.

Also, Mutya didn't just "leave" one day to never come back - it's just that she talked to management first. She did talk to Heidi and Keisha a few weeks before she officially left and did a few last performances. That Heidi's decided to hold a grudge against her says more about Heidi than Mutya.
TheDoctor

Postby TheDoctor » 04 Mar 2012, 20:09

I wasn't trying to say that Heidi was entirely innocent, far from it I think everyone in the Sugababes (except for Jade) has played a part in their demise and the situation they're in now. I just wanted to say that I don't know why everyone's turned on Heidi in the past few years. There didn't seem to be a problem with her when Mutya initially left but now everyone seems to dislike her more and more and claims she's evil! :D

It just annoys me at the moment when Heidi gets blamed for everything and Mutya and Keisha are seen as angels in the whole saga :shrug:
dbomb12

Postby dbomb12 » 04 Mar 2012, 20:31

None of them are saints in this I agree with this but you obviously haven't seen the hate Keisha's been receiving since 2009 and Mutya got it in 2006 but hers faded but everyone looks at Heidi to be innocent and she has done alot of things that have been overlooked as with Amelle.

Amelle's done a lot of shit like beating up chicks in the club and being arrested, missing gigs but it's ok for her to do that but Keisha got the whole "She's a bully she bullied all the girls so I hate her" yet Amelle gets the "I feel so sorry for her Keisha must have really bullied her" it's NOT equal at all, so Mutya and Keisha were never seen as angels whereas the others have.

Heidi hasn't got blamed for nothing Keisha has I'm just saying that Heidi contributed to some of the discord between the girls point blank.
tommie

Postby tommie » 04 Mar 2012, 20:34

I don't think it's as much as people regard Keisha and Mutya as innocent, it's more down to the fact that as soon as Keisha says something that can be interpreted as vaguely negative about her former group members she's shot down while Heidi and Amelle can go around talking smack about her to anyone who'll listen. Why SHOULD she respect them in any way?

Also, I think people are generally tired of Heidi always playing the victim. She did it when Keisha was ousted too and whined about how Keisha wouldn't return her phone calls after stabbing her in the back and not even having the guts to tell her to her face...
Jay
Mod

Postby Jay » 04 Mar 2012, 20:37

Not everyone's turned on Heidi, hardly anyone has ever spoken against her in this forum section! Keisha's hardly been seen as an angel by anyone here either - some members just feel the need to stick up for Keisha when she's accused of all sorts. No one (bar maybe Stitch) has ever claimed she's a perfect angel. :p

I think in summary, all of the members to varying extents have played their part in how things ended up. (Bar Jade really).
dbomb12

Postby dbomb12 » 04 Mar 2012, 20:40

Jay wrote:Not everyone's turned on Heidi, hardly anyone has ever spoken against her in this forum section! Keisha's hardly been seen as an angel by anyone here either - some members just feel the need to stick up for Keisha when she's accused of all sorts. No one (bar maybe Stitch) has ever claimed she's a perfect angel. :p

I think in summary, all of the members to varying extents have played their part in how things ended up. (Bar Jade really).

Exactly!
icecream

Postby icecream » 04 Mar 2012, 22:06

Whatever happened has happened but the fact is that Keisha is the original member. The right thing should have been Heidi and Amelle leaving and NOT AGREING TO CARRY ON AS THE SUGABABES. As keisha got FORCED OUT and she is a founding member left in the group so she should of have it her way or no way.

Im sure eventually keisha and mutya would of do something together and then siobhan would of be onboard too.
dbomb12

Postby dbomb12 » 05 Mar 2012, 00:12

icecream wrote:Whatever happened has happened but the fact is that Keisha is the original member. The right thing should have been Heidi and Amelle leaving and NOT AGREING TO CARRY ON AS THE SUGABABES. As keisha got FORCED OUT and she is a founding member left in the group so she should of have it her way or no way.

Im sure eventually keisha and mutya would of do something together and then siobhan would of be onboard too.

The thing is that the Label would lose a album and single selling group if they allowed them 2 to walk away, plus with Amelle being the forefront member for the single Get Sexy they wasn't about to let her go so they decided to get rid of Keisha as replacing one member is alot easier and less messy that replacing 2 members.

And the management would be out of jobs and they don't want that so it's easier to sacrifice Keisha than allow Amelle and Heidi to walk away and lose out on money from the Sugababes (even though their last album tanked).

I doubt the label would want Mutya to come in after she left them back in '05 and i doubt that Siobhan would of joined them back then. I bet the label wish they never got rid of Keisha now because Sweet 7 flopped.
icecream

Postby icecream » 05 Mar 2012, 01:05

dbomb12 wrote:
icecream wrote:Whatever happened has happened but the fact is that Keisha is the original member. The right thing should have been Heidi and Amelle leaving and NOT AGREING TO CARRY ON AS THE SUGABABES. As keisha got FORCED OUT and she is a founding member left in the group so she should of have it her way or no way.

The thing is that the Label would lose a album and single selling group if they allowed them 2 to walk away, plus with Amelle being the forefront member for the single Get Sexy they wasn't about to let her go so they decided to get rid of Keisha as replacing one member is alot easier and less messy that replacing 2 members.

And the management would be out of jobs and they don't want that so it's easier to sacrifice Keisha than allow Amelle and Heidi to walk away and lose out on money from the Sugababes (even though their last album tanked).

I doubt the label would want Mutya to come in after she left them back in '05 and i doubt that Siobhan would of joined them back then. I bet the label wish they never got rid of Keisha now because Sweet 7 flopped.

Yes i agree the label must regret it now. Plus they must even more regret it that the original line up are now reforming. I guess things happen for a reason. The best thing is that the originals are back :)
ohmarkayam

Postby ohmarkayam » 05 Mar 2012, 02:01

I wanna see the whole show :(
ohmarkayam

Postby ohmarkayam » 05 Mar 2012, 02:07

Keisha is a bitch!! Mod edit: Hey now. Fine line crossed. Keep it cool in here. If you don't like Keisha, do NOT come into this thread. Verbal warning.
we fans should remember to her that when heidi joined the band, they were out there famous and thats how I MET EM, she just feels angry becuz they kicked her out....

I think we need a "behind the music" with all the members explaning, cause it's not fair to attack JUST heidi and amelle
Jay
Mod

Postby Jay » 05 Mar 2012, 02:16

jcmantaray
Previous username(s): Jade_Surfer

Postby jcmantaray » 05 Mar 2012, 06:48

I found the full documentary on vimeo! yayyy!

http://vimeo.com/37913235
Charmingspice5
Custom Title: Show Me Love

Postby Charmingspice5 » 05 Mar 2012, 10:48

jcmantaray wrote:I found the full documentary on vimeo! yayyy!

I love you, thank you! :D
tommie

Postby tommie » 05 Mar 2012, 14:46

jcmantaray wrote:I found the full documentary on vimeo! yayyy!

I thought Keisha was great in it - felt very honest.

And her Mutya love :love:
TheDoctor

Postby TheDoctor » 05 Mar 2012, 18:17

I hope one day all six sugababes can reunite and just become friends! Is it too much to ask?!

Return to “Sugababes & Solo”