The Keisha thread.

Seven hours since you posted away, eleven coffees, Sugababes on play...
mysterious
Custom Title: lets go eskimo

Re: The Keisha thread.

Postby mysterious » 05 Mar 2012, 19:01

thanks for that link - I'll watch it as soon as I get home in a couple of hours. I feel like analyzing every single second of their testemonials.

I do think that all the members are to blame for the groups' failure - minus Jade obviously. Including Siobhan that was the first to leave and start all this "replacement tradition" in their history. I know she obviously didn't know things would end up likt they did, and that she was a teenager, but I guess that being in a girlgroup requires professionalism, something that many members of other girl groups have lacked - Geri is the obvious example.

I guess things are what they're supposed to be now. At least the originals are back together and it seems the mess may be resolved.
Jamie

Postby Jamie » 05 Mar 2012, 19:36

Jay wrote:Not everyone's turned on Heidi, hardly anyone has ever spoken against her in this forum section! Keisha's hardly been seen as an angel by anyone here either - some members just feel the need to stick up for Keisha when she's accused of all sorts. No one (bar maybe Stitch) has ever claimed she's a perfect angel. :p.

^_^
icecream

Postby icecream » 05 Mar 2012, 20:34

ohmarkayam wrote:Keisha is a bitch!!
we fans should remember to her that when heidi joined the band, they were out there famous and thats how I MET EM, she just feels angry becuz they kicked her out....

I think we need a "behind the music" with all the members explaning, cause it's not fair to attack JUST heidi and amelle

I cant believe you said that!

Heidi is the bitch. Mod edit: Hey now. Fine line crossed. Keep it cool in here. Verbal warning.

Also you have to remember they were famous before 2.0 !

Yes 2.0 made sugababes history but thats not becuase of heidi......

You might not accept it but sugababes had the hits overload and even now overload stands out from most of their back catalog of hits.

And what your going on about its not fair just attacking heidi and amelle. It was heidi and amelle are the ones that started talking publicly telling the whole world how much keisha was a bully etc. The only thing is it has backfired on heidi and amelle as the world didnt fall for it.
TheDoctor

Postby TheDoctor » 05 Mar 2012, 21:00

I just watched the end of the girl group documentary again, and Keisha's 'You don't think I sound bitchy do you?' is probably one of the funniest things I've ever heard!
ohmarkayam

Postby ohmarkayam » 05 Mar 2012, 22:08

icecream wrote:
we fans should remember to her that when heidi joined the band, they were out there famous and thats how I MET EM, she just feels angry becuz they kicked her out....

I think we need a "behind the music" with all the members explaning, cause it's not fair to attack JUST heidi and amelle

Heidi is the bitch. Mod edit: Hey now. Fine line crossed. Keep it cool in here. Verbal warning.

You might not accept it but sugababes had the hits overload and even now overload stands out from most of their back catalog of hits.

And what your going on about its not fair just attacking heidi and amelle. It was heidi and amelle are the ones that started talking publicly telling the whole world how much keisha was a bully etc. The only thing is it has backfired on heidi and amelle as the world didnt fall for it.

For me the Sugababes are Heidi, Mutya & Keisha, that's how I met em, i don't care who's involved more or less on the writing and stuff BECAUSE i wasn't there with em in the studio, i just care about the music and....Keisha is just being MEAN towards Heidi, that thing about remembering just mutya and siobhan, come on...

we should tell her that with heidi she won a brit, she got 4 number singles and toured the world,,,she's just being bitchy....AS usual!!!!

overload is a great song, but it was the only massive hit,,,not even a top 5,,,sooo...
tommie

Postby tommie » 05 Mar 2012, 22:32

ohmarkayam wrote:For me the Sugababes are Heidi, Mutya & Keisha, that's how I met em, i don't care who's involved more or less on the writing and stuff BECAUSE i wasn't there with em in the studio, i just care about the music and....Keisha is just being MEAN towards Heidi, that thing about remembering just mutya and siobhan, come on...

Does it have to be a diss towards Heidi?

I mean, in Keisha's mind, Sugababes started in the schoolyard when she and Mutya sang together and that she would be more nostalgic about the early days when there weren't a bunch of record execs, stylists and what-not involved and just three girls who wanted to sing isn't really that hard to understand? Like it or not, Heidi DID come into it when the "brand" (if you will) was in full motion.

I'm pretty sure if you asked Mary Wilson what period she liked the most during The Supremes, she'd say the early years and the woman doesn't even like The Boss. :Dizzy:
TheDoctor

Postby TheDoctor » 05 Mar 2012, 22:42

I do think that Keisha was being slightly disrespectful towards Heidi, but I do see her point of view. If we believe Keisha's version of events then Heidi (her supposed best friend) sided with someone who pushed Keisha out of the band she founded so I can see why she would be angry.
icecream

Postby icecream » 05 Mar 2012, 23:03

ohmarkayam wrote:
icecream wrote:

For me the Sugababes are Heidi, Mutya & Keisha, that's how I met em, i don't care who's involved more or less on the writing and stuff BECAUSE i wasn't there with em in the studio, i just care about the music and....Keisha is just being MEAN towards Heidi, that thing about remembering just mutya and siobhan, come on...

we should tell her that with heidi she won a brit, she got 4 number singles and toured the world,,,she's just being bitchy....AS usual!!!!

overload is a great song, but it was the only massive hit,,,not even a top 5,,,sooo...

One rule for one and then one rule for the other....... People calling keisha a bitch left right and centre and nothing being done about it.

Heidi is just a pretty face.
breezyspice
Mod
Custom Title: Breezy

Postby breezyspice » 06 Mar 2012, 00:31

Like I said in your PM. Go back a page and read that someone else got a warning for calling Keisha a bitch too.

I did it all at the same time my friend. You just didn't double check before you called me out.

(I can't edit your quotes to one another, well I can, but I'm not wasting MORE of my time.)
dbomb12

Postby dbomb12 » 06 Mar 2012, 00:52

Look all of them have bitchy elements to them ok, Heidi and Amelle didn't mention Keisha in their part they just talked about how many years each of them had been in the group so why isn't that brought up?

Yes Keisha didn't acknowledge Heidi in her part but have you thought that maybe how she was kicked/turfed out has dampened those memories for her? sometimes even if you don't say it you still feel bitter for many years until you finally get to a point where you put it to rest (for e.g. Siobhan, how she talked about hating Keisha and Keisha bullying her and now they are talking and she's remembering the good times in the Sugababes).

If you wanna look at it like that, Keisha didn't mention Heidi in how she remembers the Sugababes then you could bring up the fact that Heidi didn't either so it goes both ways, this is the double standards thing that i was talking about, Heidi gets away with the same thing that Keisha does yet Keisha get's the full blame, not equal.

In life when people hurt you badly you choose to tune them out until you have fully forgiven them and that does take years (and yes it's been 2 + years since she was ousted but it takes longer than that to get to the point of understanding).

None of them are saints and all of them bar Jade are at fault for the Sugababes going downhill but in life you can't always stick together you have to move on and do your own thing at some point cause you get bored and you can't expect the girls to stay somewhere they're not comfortable in because it will start to reflect in their performances and interviews like Mutya in late 2005.
Jamie

Postby Jamie » 06 Mar 2012, 01:31

All I wanted from this thread was to worship Queen Keisha, not all this dramz :'(
Jay
Mod

Postby Jay » 06 Mar 2012, 03:03

Stitch wrote:All I wanted from this thread was to worship Queen Keisha, not all this dramz :'(

breezyspice
Mod

Postby breezyspice » 06 Mar 2012, 07:17

^ lol, I like that there is a theme with these images.
I don't like that it went OT either, lets move on everyone, and keep it to good tidings about Keisha!

I read on twitter yesterday or today, she basically came right out and said to someone who tweeted that they missed the original sugababes, that they won't have to wait much longer! :)
ohmarkayam

Postby ohmarkayam » 06 Mar 2012, 07:53

Who was Keisha talking about when she said "someone in the band has this thing wanting to be the centre of the attention, when they didn't even got the talent" ???

Was she talkin about Amelle??? Because Amelle WAS the leader during sweet 7,,,for obvious reasons
Veli
Custom Title: The Piccie King

Postby Veli » 06 Mar 2012, 09:58

^ I was wondering about that. The way she said it it didn't seem she meant herself. And I always thought Keisha is the center of the band. I mean she's supposed to be the bossy ones who cares about the band the most. :confused:
tommie

Postby tommie » 06 Mar 2012, 11:24

Keisha, Mutya and Siobhan were all considered the "leader" during different points in the groups history, so no, I don't think she meant it as a diss.

At the end of the day we don't know how those who interviewed her phrased their questions. They could've very well talked about The Supremes situation where Florence Ballard was a better singer, but Diana Ross was considered as more marketable.
Veli
Custom Title: The Piccie King

Postby Veli » 06 Mar 2012, 13:59

^ Yeah, she probably meant it in general. Cause it wouldn't make sense for any of the Babes to have acted the way Keisha described. Siobhan always looked like she doesn't want to be there. Mutya always looked bored - like she doesn't care what happens so I can't picture her wanting to be the center of attention. Heidi is not smart enough, she's just a follower, not a leader at all. And Amelle has a big ego but I doubt she'd be arrogant enough to try to be the leader of a group she joined in later. And Keisha obviously wasn't talking about herself. So she must have talked in general then :shrug:
icecream

Postby icecream » 06 Mar 2012, 20:49

breezyspice wrote:Like I said in your PM. Go back a page and read that someone else got a warning for calling Keisha a bitch too.

I did it all at the same time my friend. You just didn't double check before you called me out.

(I can't edit your quotes to one another, well I can, but I'm not wasting MORE of my time.)

Oh right i couldnt see the green warning sign on the other person. :)
icecream

Postby icecream » 06 Mar 2012, 20:50

Veli wrote:^ I was wondering about that. The way she said it it didn't seem she meant herself. And I always thought Keisha is the center of the band. I mean she's supposed to be the bossy ones who cares about the band the most. :confused:

I couldnt tell if she was talking about Heidi or Amelle. Im sure it was Heidi as Heidi always had that thing about her like she is so pretty.
TheDoctor

Postby TheDoctor » 06 Mar 2012, 21:03

But Heidi has never been the leader of the band though. I think 1.0/2.0 and 4.0 line ups haven't really had any leaders, but in 3.0 Keisha was the real leader and got the most vocals etc.
breezyspice
Mod

Postby breezyspice » 06 Mar 2012, 21:14

I'm sorry to disrupt smooth conversation but can I please remind you that this is the Keisha thread. We need to keep it On Topic as the Keisha fans like this thread for her solo efforts, etc.

:)
tommie

Postby tommie » 06 Mar 2012, 21:15

I'll answer you in another thread CSweet7
TheDoctor

Postby TheDoctor » 04 Apr 2012, 19:48

Does anyone know when Keisha got dropped from Island? I ask because I really enjoyed the three of her solo songs that leaked, and seeing as her solo effort has been put on hold (after being told for two years constantly 'new music coming soon!!'), I just wondered when she recorded what and who paid for it? DId she she self-fund the recording of some songs? Or does Island own the rights to the songs?
Jay
Mod

Postby Jay » 04 Apr 2012, 20:00

I don't think anyone here knows the answers to that. It's not publicly known info as far as I'm aware. Only an insider might know such details.
tommie

Postby tommie » 04 Apr 2012, 20:02

No idea, but it wouldn't surprise me if she got dropped along with the Sugababes and "The Best of Bs" collection as that might've been done to finish the "Sugababes" and Keisha's contracts.

Return to “Sugababes & Solo”