4.0 on 'I'm in a Girl Group'

Seven hours since you posted away, eleven coffees, Sugababes on play...
the boy is a vamp
Custom Title: Melanicious

4.0 on 'I'm in a Girl Group'

Postby the boy is a vamp » 08 Mar 2012, 15:55

so, they're still alive :inlove:
http://vimeo.com/37913235

there is also Keisha
tommie

Re: 4.0 on 'I'm in a Girl Group'

Postby tommie » 08 Mar 2012, 16:03

It was recorded in September, so I wouldn't get my hopes up. ;)
schizophonic_spice

Postby schizophonic_spice » 08 Mar 2012, 17:34

I loved seeing them sing Freedom acapella again, broke my heart a little knowing how things turned out for that song and indeed that line up :(
Patrick
Custom Title: My name is Patrick

Postby Patrick » 10 Mar 2012, 15:26

Heidi looked so awkward after she made the comment about the group changing over years. :laugh:
ohmarkayam

Postby ohmarkayam » 10 Mar 2012, 19:19

Patrick wrote:Heidi looked so awkward after she made the comment about the group changing over years. :laugh:

yeah! like thinking "well thats the only excuse I got"...
dbomb12

Postby dbomb12 » 11 Mar 2012, 06:42

Patrick wrote:Heidi looked so awkward after she made the comment about the group changing over years. :laugh:

I think that they told Heidi what Keisha had said about "if you wanna sing under the name sugababes, if that makes you happy why not" and asked her to respond maybe that was why she looked awkward.
ohmarkayam

Postby ohmarkayam » 11 Mar 2012, 21:05

Heidi and Amelle are sugababes too...for me...and that's what matters...the opinion of the ppl who buys and spends money on them....
Jamie

Postby Jamie » 12 Mar 2012, 00:13

^ Which now is nobody...
dbomb12

Postby dbomb12 » 12 Mar 2012, 00:34

NO! Heidi you can count as a Sugababe, Amelle should not she's a bonifide replacement, apart from the one number 1 with About You Now 3.0 weren't very successful.

2.0 was the most successful lineup and yes Heidi was also a replacement but replacing someone after they were barely known isn't always classed as a replacement and most people only knew about the Sugababes when heidi was apart of it.

HOWEVER, Mutya and Keisha were often noted as the sound of the Sugababes as they were on pretty much every single and album track they released, Amelle didn't contribute a sound to the Sugababes she contributed a voice as did Jade so truthfully you can class Heidi a proper Sugababe but Amelle and Jade are the replacements and thats it.
breezyspice
Mod
Custom Title: Breezy

Postby breezyspice » 12 Mar 2012, 02:13

Stitch wrote:^ Which now is nobody...

Please Stitch, don't post just to poke.
Don't open a 4.0 thread if you don't have anything nice to say :kiss:
Jamie

Postby Jamie » 12 Mar 2012, 02:22

It wasn't technically a poke, it was more in reference to the fact that 4.0 aren't around now, ergo no-one is buying their stuff...
Veli
Custom Title: The Piccie King

Postby Veli » 12 Mar 2012, 10:40

Geez, picking up much?! It was stating a fact! If Keisha's solo flops (if we ever see one) schizo will be free to say that no-one bought her music and it'd be totally fair cause it's the truth! And I bet then you won't tell him anything!

It's really really unfair that we can't block mods. You can't imagine how much I dislike you and don't want to see your constant complaining. You're totally ruining this forum for me. Even when there's no problems right now you come and start them. Jamie didn't say anything bad but of course if it came from his mouth that's good enough excuse for you to jump on him as usual.

I know as usual you'll use your mod power and will completely refuse to understand what I'm saying. I'll only end up me being punished. But I'm tired of wanting to have normal conversations here and you constantly imagining that someone is breaking rules or is being mean. It's your forum, we get it. Things will be how you want them to be. Regular people can't win. Fun is forbidden here. Fun equals poking in your eyes.

What happened to the nice girl from the LOST forum? I never pictured you to be one of those people who'll use their mod power to jump on users she dislikes and to let ones she likes get away with anything (even if they break the silly rules you created).

I apologize to everyone (except BS) for this post. I really don't want to start another argument about the same old matter. But it's her that started it this time. I can't stand double-standards and injustice. And had to get this out of my chest. Even though I know the outcome of all this... :hmm:
Jay
Mod

Postby Jay » 12 Mar 2012, 16:09

I don't think Stitch's post was to flame or put down 4.0, as it was actually a fact, rather than a negative opinion.

Sugababes 4.0 technically haven't sold anything in a great quantity for over 2 years now, for various reasons, and 2 years is a long time in the world of pop to be selling very little.

If we based things on "the opinion of the ppl who buys and spends money on them...." then sadly that is quite literally hardly anyone. (i.e. 20,000 albums sold of 'Sweet 7' was quite the disaster and was a strong indication of what "the opinion" was on 4.0).

Also, yep, if Original Sugababes / Keisha / Amelle or anyone else from "Sugahistory" releases stuff and it doesn't do well, comments on this can rarely be of a positive nature, unless we're "suga-coating" what happens. :p

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On the other hand, I do think that post of yours is unnecessarily harsh, Veli. :( It's uncomfortably personal towards Breezy. I know Breezy is the only mod who regularly frequents this forum, but it really was the entire mod team who imposed the rules here (which have now extended to the whole forum).

Sometimes her views on certain posts may be a bit... looking into a post too deeply, and we may not agree with how she interprets them. The thing is, I'm sure we are allowed to air our conflicting views regarding these rules (at least I hope so), but I don't think your post is quite the right way to go about it? I personally do find the rules to be a bit wishy-washy and open to interpretation, but that's the situation as it stands. We can only air our views, but to make things personal isn't right. I really don't believe Breezy has any "personal problems" with anyone in this section.

Finally, Veli, please don't see this as being personal towards you either! I'm not taking sides, more so I'm trying to see things from all sides. I respect that you're frustrated with how things are in this section. I think a lot of us are or have been, over the last few months. I just believe there must be better ways of handling things than to potentially make individuals feel upset, as we're all only human after all.

:hug: I hope both of you can sort out your differences.
Javi
Custom Title: f.k.a. IER

Postby Javi » 12 Mar 2012, 18:30

All this users vs mods arguments I keep on seeing on this forum are, imo, worse and most disturbing than the 4.0/keisha hate. At least those who used to talk shit about K/4.0 posted about the Sugababes, not about non-Sugababes-related personal issues.
-If you really bug me, then I'll say goodbye.
TheDoctor

Postby TheDoctor » 12 Mar 2012, 20:59

Regardless of what's been said, I do think that people get too wound up about what people say or do on internet forums. When something or someone on DenDen annoys, just breathe, count to ten and realize that you can get up and leave the computer alone! It's not like anyone's verbally abusing you right in front of you or anything :dizzy:
Jamie

Postby Jamie » 12 Mar 2012, 21:07

CSweet7 wrote:Regardless of what's been said, I do think that people get too wound up about what people say or do on internet forums. When something or someone on DenDen annoys, just breathe, count to ten and realize that you can get up and leave the computer alone! It's not like anyone's verbally abusing you right in front of you or anything :dizzy:
ohmarkayam

Postby ohmarkayam » 12 Mar 2012, 22:27

chill out, it's not the end of the world, it's only another girl band....
breezyspice
Mod
Custom Title: Breezy

Postby breezyspice » 13 Mar 2012, 02:50

Veli wrote:Geez, picking up much?! It was stating a fact! If Keisha's solo flops (if we ever see one) schizo will be free to say that no-one bought her music and it'd be totally fair cause it's the truth! And I bet then you won't tell him anything!

It's really really unfair that we can't block mods. You can't imagine how much I dislike you and don't want to see your constant complaining. You're totally ruining this forum for me. Even when there's no problems right now you come and start them. Jamie didn't say anything bad but of course if it came from his mouth that's good enough excuse for you to jump on him as usual.

I know as usual you'll use your mod power and will completely refuse to understand what I'm saying. I'll only end up me being punished. But I'm tired of wanting to have normal conversations here and you constantly imagining that someone is breaking rules or is being mean. It's your forum, we get it. Things will be how you want them to be. Regular people can't win. Fun is forbidden here. Fun equals poking in your eyes.

What happened to the nice girl from the LOST forum? I never pictured you to be one of those people who'll use their mod power to jump on users she dislikes and to let ones she likes get away with anything (even if they break the silly rules you created).

I apologize to everyone (except BS) for this post. I really don't want to start another argument about the same old matter. But it's her that started it this time. I can't stand double-standards and injustice. And had to get this out of my chest. Even though I know the outcome of all this... :hmm:

Wow. And all I did was read a report on Stitch that I thought was silly and nitpicking, remove it and then try to innocently respond to it in the thread as opposed to making it into something serious, ban, warning or report worthy.

Last week, I responded to more reports and left comments in the forum without warning or banning anyone. So basically, I am trying to deal with other people's problems in this forum and you are seeing them as my personal vendetta?

To be honest, I've barely taken a personal roll in this forum since it started turning into a mess because I haven't enjoyed being in here either. For what seemed like months I didn't even come in or I lurked. When I do speak up and have to say something about users or words - its because I have to. I've either received a report or a PM. When I'm actually writing as myself, as a fan - you can tell I'm excited about Keisha's solo album, 1.0 reuniting, Amelle's single, or Heidi on Ice. I don't defame other users or condemn them.

Its true that I walk a fine line being a mod and I do my damnedest. And in this forum's case, its a very foggy line due to the sensitivity of EVERY user.
I don't enjoy being in the middle in both personal opinions and mod duties, I don't enjoy always pissing someone off on either side no matter what it is that I do, I don't enjoy taking the brunt of the whole mod team's decisions just because I happen to be the only mod who is also a fan of the Sugababes. I don't enjoy that I quite seriously love ALL the Sugababes and whatever they do and there are accusations on me that I have vendettas, double standards and propose injustice. I don't enjoy that I dedicate a lot of time to this place and have for years and get treated like shit either.

In any case, I've left a note with the rest of the team about your dissatisfication with me as a mod, Veli.
And I'll do my best not to be hurt by most of what you just said. :shrug:

Edit:

Awesome, now when I post in OTHER threads entirely, I see this right below my post:

Veli wrote:Great, another of my fave sub-forums I have to avoid now. :despise:

So... myself and the team contend with everyone else being sensitive about reported posts that often aren't even about them personally, and then there's no problem with (passively) personally attacking me? This is a strange, strange place.
Jay
Mod

Postby Jay » 13 Mar 2012, 05:32

Totally unrelated to the Sugababes, but it's not as if anyone is talking about the girl group programme anymore. My two cents on being a DenDen moderator, and by no means does anyone have to read it.

Spoiler: show
I honestly don't know why you guys want to be mods! It kind of baffles me actually, as I think there's very little appeal in being one. It can be dull & monotonous, having to partake in lengthy discussions about all kinds of trivial matters that cease to exist when the computer is switched off. Having to play the bad guy is never nice.

I understand what the perks are meant to be, but it's quite superficial really. Having your username being in green provides a slight sense of importance. I get that. It's also quite cool to have a hidden forum to talk in, it feels like an exclusive club where only certain people are allowed in. You can influence decisions and you have certain powers. But is it worth it?

I speak from experience; I did the mod thing for 3 years in my late teens. I liked my green username, and being voted in made me feel popular on here. Initially it was quite cool that I could shape some of the decision making. Gradually all of this faded and I found it all a bit tiresome... yet I also found it hard to say I wanted to quit, which was ridiculous really.

Honestly, resigning from the mod role was definitely a positive decision for me (in terms of being a member of this forum). When I stopped being a mod, I realised that it really didn't matter in the slightest that I wasn't a mod anymore. It was like an unnecessary and self-imposed weight had been lifted off my shoulders, and I could just enjoy being a normal member on here again. It's a better experience than being a mod.

The current team must have been going for a few years now, it seems like it anyway. I definitely preferred the old system when there were occasional elections. It kept things fresher in the team, and that was a positive thing. I couldn't imagine having stayed as a moderator for years and years on end, like I assume all of the current mods want to for whatever reasons. Rather you guys than me... but I hope it's truly enjoyable and worth it.

Oh well. Thought I'd share my thoughts on being a former DenDen mod.

I would say that part of the problem with this section in particular is that certain things are taken too seriously which really shouldn't be. It harms absolutely no one to talk about them flopping, or to have a bit of an argument about it all, as long as it doesn't get personal.

The only thing that should be cracked down on in my opinion is:

1) Making actual slanderous comments about the Sugababes. Calling them flops isn't slanderous, but calling them bitches (or whatever) is.
2) When members start being offensive to each other and making things quite personal. There's no need for it.
Javi
Custom Title: f.k.a. IER

Postby Javi » 13 Mar 2012, 12:35

-If you really bug me, then I'll say goodbye.
mysterious
Custom Title: lets go eskimo

Postby mysterious » 14 Mar 2012, 19:10

I actually agree that this forum is getting silly - as silly as 4.0 saying that they haven't split up.

People should just chill out a bit. The originals are back together, that should be a matter of constant celebration and I thought it would make most fans pleased and give a rest to these arguments.
ohmarkayam

Postby ohmarkayam » 15 Mar 2012, 00:32

what really matters is we still gonna have our sugababes!!

Return to “Sugababes & Solo”