Brit Watches Hater's Opinions on Her 2000 VMA Outfit!

Keep on posting till the world ends.
pcdfan1
Banned
Custom Title: Banned

Brit Watches Hater's Opinions on Her 2000 VMA Outfit!

Postby pcdfan1 » 12 Dec 2011, 21:12

People can be sooo jealous! :rolleyes:

HER SMILE @ THE END: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

Opinions on the Outfit?
BoyV
Custom Title: Thought I wasnt

Re: Brit Watches Hater's Opinions on Her 2000 VMA Outfit!

Postby BoyV » 13 Dec 2011, 04:55

I have never seen this before. I wouldn't be able to stay cool after seeing people talk trash. But, her faces are to die for! Lol
Unwritten10
Custom Title: On Your Radar

Postby Unwritten10 » 13 Dec 2011, 06:19

Aww that was cute and funny <3
pcdfan1
Banned

Postby pcdfan1 » 13 Dec 2011, 06:34

BoyVez wrote:I have never seen this before.

Im glad you seen it now ;)
SpiceWonderland

Postby SpiceWonderland » 13 Dec 2011, 08:55

It's funny, because by today's standards, the outfit wasn't that bad. I was actually very young (9) when she was going through this phase, and I didn't even have cable. Did people REALLY freak out THAT much when she started dressing provocatively???
Brandamn

Postby Brandamn » 13 Dec 2011, 08:58

pcdfan1 wrote:People can be sooo jealous! :rolleyes:

Why do pop fans always go for the "they're just jealous" comeback? In truth, the people who said that she is a role model, and isn't dressing like a role model should, they have a point. You and I don't have to agree with it, but like Britney said, everyone is entitled to their opinion. If they don't think Britney is dressing appropriately, it's not because they are jealous, it's because they have different morals and values and hold different standards and expectations for Britney or pop stars than other people do.
pcdfan1
Banned

Postby pcdfan1 » 13 Dec 2011, 09:08

Brandamn wrote:but like Britney said, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

^^^ and what I said is my opinion. She was 18 @ the time and its not her job to be a role model. Her job is to be a performer and the outfit is part of the performance.. People didnt say this to Xtina when "Dirrty" came out..And IDK why people are always harder on BS. But like you said ..everyone is entitled to their opinion..
Brandamn

Postby Brandamn » 13 Dec 2011, 09:20

Here we have another case of pcdfan1 taking a small snippet of a post, which is usually irrelevant to the general tone or purpose of the post, and responding only to that tiny snippet, because he is seemingly incapable of holding a proper discussion. I knew as soon as I typed the Britney quote that you would jump on that as your defence. But what you said, about people being jealous, is not an opinion, it's an assumption. A misguided assumption, at that. (My opinion.)

And yes, people did say this to Christina. Christina got into a lot of trouble over the way she dressed in the "Dirrty" video. Music channels even went so far as to restrict videoplay to late night/early morning rotation only because of the way she dressed. Get your facts straight before building opinions off of them. :)
pcdfan1
Banned

Postby pcdfan1 » 13 Dec 2011, 09:54

Brandamn wrote:Here we have another case of pcdfan1 taking a small snippet of a post, which is usually irrelevant to the general tone or purpose of the post, and responding only to that tiny snippet, because he is seemingly incapable of holding a proper discussion. I knew as soon as I typed the Britney quote that you would jump on that as your defence. But what you said, about people being jealous, is not an opinion, it's an assumption. A misguided assumption, at that. (My opinion.)

Ok you know me so well then. lol. Oh well. Then there is no need for me to reply then right? ;)

Brandamn wrote:And yes, people did say this to Christina. Christina got into a lot of trouble over the way she dressed in the "Dirrty" video. Music channels even went so far as to restrict videoplay to late night/early morning rotation only because of the way she dressed. Get your facts straight before building opinions off of them. :)

Of course people said some stuff about it (Dirrty), but BS always gets more bitching than everyone else. Thats what I meant by "IDK why people are always harder on BS.." but ok. Also had Britney went to jail or forgot the words to the National Anthem, they would STILL be complaining about it.
Brandamn

Postby Brandamn » 14 Dec 2011, 07:58

pcdfan1 wrote:Also had Britney went to jail or forgot the words to the National Anthem, they would STILL be complaining about it.

You're still talking about it, so obviously people are still talking about Christina going to jail and forgetting lyrics. Hell, there's a bloody meme dedicated entirely to Christina forgetting the lyrics.
pcdfan1
Banned

Postby pcdfan1 » 14 Dec 2011, 10:29

Brandamn wrote:You're still talking about it, so obviously people are still talking about Christina going to jail and forgetting lyrics. Hell, there's a bloody meme dedicated entirely to Christina forgetting the lyrics.

There were examples you...ugh. :laugh: And IDC about the meme or whatever, i mean the news telecasters, tv shows, and the assholes of the world...there are soo many more jokes, skits, and such about Britney and her mistakes, its crazy. I could care less what happened to Xtina. What I am trying to say is that everyone is waaaaaaaay more tougher on Britney and if you dont think that you're in denial.
Tiger
Custom Title: AKA Joe

Postby Tiger » 14 Dec 2011, 12:50

BoyVez wrote:I have never seen this before. I wouldn't be able to stay cool after seeing people talk trash. But, her faces are to die for! Lol

I miss the faces she used to pull and that natural charisma that just shone :'(

I don't think the people said anything that bad, so not surprised she didn't really react to anything they said besides laughing. Just think if that spurred her on the dress like she did for the Slave 4 U performance ("They thought that was bad? Let them check this out!")
PeruvianSpice

Postby PeruvianSpice » 14 Dec 2011, 21:26

i don't think it has to do anything with jealousy but with false morality!

c'mon! it was ok at the time... but anyway... people like this irk me :S jaja
Brandamn

Postby Brandamn » 15 Dec 2011, 07:00

pcdfan1 wrote:I could care less what happened to Xtina.

THIS is exactly why you think Britney gets it so much worse than everyone else, because you are only watching from the perspective of a Britney fan. Many Christina fans believe that Christina had it worse in the media because the media loved Britney. It's all about POV.
SpiceWonderland

Postby SpiceWonderland » 15 Dec 2011, 07:46

I think people were harder on Britney back then. But today, DEFINITELY harsher on Xtina (karma's a bitch).
pcdfan1
Banned

Postby pcdfan1 » 15 Dec 2011, 09:51

^Never
Tiger
Custom Title: AKA Joe

Postby Tiger » 15 Dec 2011, 11:41

I always found that Britney's press was underlined with the press saying "Please Britney, get better and back to your best!"

At the end of the day though i find it very hard to compare the two. Apart from bad press after a marriage breakdown their experiences are very different.
SpiceWonderland

Postby SpiceWonderland » 15 Dec 2011, 12:06

^One head-shaving.
Brandamn

Postby Brandamn » 16 Dec 2011, 06:02

k_pay wrote:I think people were harder on Britney back then. But today, DEFINITELY harsher on Xtina (karma's a bitch).

There may have been critics who were harder on Britney back then, but there were also more critics on her side, as well. Also consider that back then, most of Christina's press involved a Britney mention in some form, even if it was just a quick comparison or a small blurb, Christina was rarely mentioned without Britney, while Britney was able to make a name for herself. Look at everything from the Madonna kiss to the "Soda Pop Wars" where Britney's Pepsi campaign blew Christina's Coke (and Pepsi) campaigns out of the water.

While Britney had some really harsh critics, they were also really harsh on Christina for the fact that they wouldn't let her be on her own.

Return to “Britney Spears”