Walsh: I'd love Girls Aloud musical

What WILL the DenDeners say?
schizophonic_spice

Walsh: I'd love Girls Aloud musical

Postby schizophonic_spice » 22 Oct 2011, 17:47

Kimberley Walsh reckons a musical featuring Girls Aloud's songs would be an "amazing" idea.

With a Spice Girls musical already in the pipeline, the 29-year-old thinks her own band could follow suit.

Kimberley, currently starring as Princess Fiona in Shrek the Musical, said: "I do think Girls Aloud the musical would be pretty amazing because the songs really lend themselves to a big extravaganza."

The singer joined Shrek at Theatre Royal Drury Lane earlier this month after taking over from Amanda Holden.

Kimberley said: "Amanda sent me a gorgeous bunch of flowers and champagne for the first night, which was really nice of her.

"And she decorated the dressing room all lilac and pink like a princess tower. She just enjoyed it so much and just told me to have an amazing time."

The show sees Kimberley don a fat suit and green ogre make-up, as well entertain the audience with a series of burps and farts.

"Whatever audience you've got farting will always work - especially mine. I get wolf whistles sometimes for a fart." she said.

She also has to speak in an American accent, which impressed Canadian singer Michel Buble on his visit to the show.

"Michael Buble thought it was good. He said 'I can't believe you're not American'," she revealed.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/enter ... z1bWgBD5Zw
Javi
Custom Title: f.k.a. IER

Re: Walsh: I'd love Girls Aloud musical

Postby Javi » 22 Oct 2011, 20:06

erm... yeah sure.

I can't see a musical with their songs actually. They're too electropop/overproduced to sound well on a musical I think. The Spice Girls songs do fit a musical, but GA... I don't think so.

And even though they're the biggest UK girl band since the SG, their music and fame wasn't a big phenomenon like the other bands that are getting musicals like Abba, Queen or Spice Girls. It simply wouldn't work.
-If you really bug me, then I'll say goodbye.
Melancholie

Postby Melancholie » 22 Oct 2011, 23:19

I think she meant it that she needs a job since GA will not last very long and at least she would have some sort a career outside the band. TV presenting doesn't look really fullfilling.
Gregory.B.
Custom Title: DIVA POWER MAKE-UP

Postby Gregory.B. » 23 Oct 2011, 00:12

IER wrote:erm... yeah sure.

I can't see a musical with their songs actually. They're too electropop/overproduced to sound well on a musical I think. The Spice Girls songs do fit a musical, but GA... I don't think so.

And even though they're the biggest UK girl band since the SG, their music and fame wasn't a big phenomenon like the other bands that are getting musicals like Abba, Queen or Spice Girls. It simply wouldn't work.

agreed.
All T All Shade!
mats

Postby mats » 23 Oct 2011, 01:16

When I read the title I thought
"Louis Walsh that twat, again. Why is he saying so much crap all the time?" :angel:
LOL
Charmingspice5
Custom Title: Show Me Love

Postby Charmingspice5 » 23 Oct 2011, 01:47

Gregory.B. wrote:
IER wrote:erm... yeah sure.

agreed.

I do too.
Jamie

Postby Jamie » 23 Oct 2011, 02:49

mats wrote:When I read the title I thought
"Louis Walsh that twat, again. Why is he saying so much crap all the time?" :angel:
LOL

Omg, me too! Haha.
Joanhs

Postby Joanhs » 23 Oct 2011, 09:53

Stitch wrote:
mats wrote:When I read the title I thought
LOL

Omg, me too! Haha.

Me 3!! But thats because I barely know Girls aloud.. And thats why I don't think it's a great project putting money in..
addicted2you

Postby addicted2you » 23 Oct 2011, 10:33

Ah Kimba. Didn't she also say she wanted some Girls Aloud songs to go on Glee?

Trying to cash in on some easy money eh :dee:
Jay
Mod

Postby Jay » 23 Oct 2011, 12:12

I could see some of their music working. A lot of their singles have themes that could be interpreted into a story, easily. It's not something I'd want though. I'm not saying it's something I could see working in a commercial sense (i.e. a musical of GA songs being a success), just that I could see some songs working.

I'm still not at all excited for the Spice Girls one. My gut feeling is that it'll be a flop.
Joanhs

Postby Joanhs » 23 Oct 2011, 14:08

Every damn group or artist in the world can easily have a musical, even Paris Hilton could out from 1 album create a broadway show. That doesn't mean they should get it anyway
Spice-Invaders

Postby Spice-Invaders » 04 Nov 2011, 17:24

The thing is SG had a story... Even if the musical isn't about it.
they weren't long time friend and was put together after a casting but after that they wrote THEIR history.
They still Are the Biggest Girl band in the World, and have done so many thing in such a short amount of time.
Being compared to the beatles, representing the 90's for millions, playing sold out shows 10yrs after they went seperate ways...

Girls aloud is a reality tv band, yet very successfull IN THE UK
but to me it looks like they were told everything they should do.
And did it in order to be successful...
they're not authentic enough to get a musical.
Just my opinion.
addicted2you

Postby addicted2you » 05 Nov 2011, 01:54

What story do spice girls have though? They were as manufactered as Girls Aloud. They had 2 huge albums and 8 big singles over the space of 2 years and that was it. Spice Girls may have sold more, but Girls Aloud have a huge catalouge and longevity (sp)
Spice-Invaders

Postby Spice-Invaders » 05 Nov 2011, 11:55

addicted2you wrote:What story do spice girls have though? They were as manufactered as Girls Aloud. They had 2 huge albums and 8 big singles over the space of 2 years and that was it. Spice Girls may have sold more, but Girls Aloud have a huge catalouge and longevity (sp)

I agree with you on the longevity and success of GA but in my opinion the SG weren't as manufactured as GA.
I think the spice have written their own story, they choose to leave their first managers,
with no futur plans, and then they signed with Simon whom they have chosen,
& then I think simon made them what they wanted to be...

In my opinion Girls aloud are just doin what they are told to do...
they are successful mainly in UK and that's it...
I love them but they look less authentic than the SG.
GA are less phenomenal... their a bit plain...

Return to “Girls Aloud”