Signature Rules - REMINDER!

Need help with the forums? Get it here!
Adam
Mod

Signature Rules - REMINDER!

Postby Adam » 23 Jun 2007, 02:14

Since it's apparent that many of you have either forgotten the signature rules / don't know the signature rules / don't care about the signature rules... This post is to serve as a reminder of the rules involving everyones signatures upon this forum. Similarly, if you have any questions about them, please feel free to ask.

The reason that we have placed limits upon signatures is to ensure that DenDen does not get too clogged up with various graphics and texts. If everyone were allowed to have any signature they wanted, there'd likely be some members who'd have signatures that were over a screen in length which would result in everyone having to scroll and scroll and scroll and... You get the picture. Similarly, there's only so many pictures of washed up singers and ugly members that everyone can stomach. :devil:

Right then.

Signature Limits
Here are the limits that everyones signatures must adhere to:
Maximum Total Width: 500 pixels
Maximum Total Height: 300 pixels
Maximum Total Filesize: 100kb

Here is an example of a good signature:

On a PC
If you are unsure of how big your 'signature' image is, upload it, right click upon it, and choose the option 'Properties' from the menu. A screen will pop up, like this:

From here, we can tell how big our signature image is. The size section tells us how large the file is in kb, the one in question here is 61410 - the maximum is 102400 (100kb). The dimensions section first tells us its width, which is 500, then secondly the height, which is 300. This signature is therefore acceptable.

On a Mac
If you are unsure of how big your 'signature' image is, right click upon it (or control click if you have a one-button mouse), and choose the option 'Get Info' from the menu. A screen will pop up, like this:

PLEASE NOTE that this signature size INCLUDES all text within your signature. If you have text above, below, or to the side of an image, this text must be within the 500x300 limit. Similarly, if your signature is solely text, ensure that the text fits within the guidlines. All images and text MUST be within the 500x300 limit, so many of you forget this.

Other important information is that signatures may not contain commercial banners, links or other graphics/commercial text.Links to your personal or charity websites are of course still fine in your signature, however links to sites with a commercial purpose can not be accepted.

Also, signatures must be work-safe, and 'PG-13', as Angie doesn't want to be scrolling happily through DenDen while skiving off of work to see some naked women engaging in a sexual activity... She might like it in the privacy of her own room (who knows), but she certainly doesn't like it in the office and similarly her office don't want to see it. So please respect other users when it comes to what is contained within your signatures.

FAILURE TO COMPLY
Failure to comply with these rules is unacceptable. If you break the size limit rules, your signature will be replaced by a moderator with this rather fetching image:

While it is gorgeous it is NOT something to be proud of, it means your signature is TOO FUCKING BIG and you need to ensure you do not make the same mistake again. Break the signature rules THREE TIMES and your signature abilities will be removed - ie you will NOT be allowed to have a signature at all.

If you're unsure if your signature is too big, then ask in the Support and Suggestions forum before adding it to your profile. All moderators and admins will be happy to help - we do not enjoy removing signatures, it is boring and tedious, but sadly it is something that we must do to ensure that DenDen continues running smoothly.

Any questions or queries, please feel free to ask!

Mwah x
Shawn
Custom Title: Rosebud.

Re: Signature Rules - REMINDER!

Postby Shawn » 23 Jun 2007, 02:24

Thank you Pansy!
Adam
Mod

Postby Adam » 23 Jun 2007, 02:26

Shawn wrote:Thank you Pansy!

Your welcome Shawn!

SEE SHAWN IS A MODEL MEMBER. HIS SIGNATURE IS ACCEPTABLE.
CharDudett

Postby CharDudett » 23 Jun 2007, 02:26

i never understood how DIFFICULT it was to keep a signature within our rules. if you can't follow the rules... then i think that blatantly states you don't know how to use graphics software and honestly shouldnt have used it from the first place :P well that and having the inability to read rules
PrincessHerb

Postby PrincessHerb » 23 Jun 2007, 02:51

Victoria has nice hair lolz!

haha i was cracking up when i saw that!
Jay
Mod

Postby Jay » 23 Jun 2007, 03:28

Haha, great work Adam.

Now members of DenDen, PLEASE get the message - as Char said, it isn't that hard!
Shawn

Postby Shawn » 23 Jun 2007, 03:29

-Jay- wrote:Now members of DenDen, PLEASE get the message - as Char said, it isn't that hard!

If only my mp3 post had've worked as well as I would've liked!
Jay
Mod

Postby Jay » 23 Jun 2007, 03:33

Shawn wrote:
-Jay- wrote:Now members of DenDen, PLEASE get the message - as Char said, it isn't that hard!

If only my mp3 post had've worked as well as I would've liked!

Oh lolz :'( :( :back: :despise: :whistle: :z
Rimmers

Postby Rimmers » 23 Jun 2007, 06:05

Its not hard to get it right - but it also has to be said, this current mod team is FAR too anal when it comes sigs. That is, of course, partly down to the direction laid out by the admins...

But if a sig is slightly over the limits, then discretion and common sense should be used and the sig shouldn’t be removed. Yes, that raises issues of interpretation but big deal - if its 10 or 15 pixels over it isnt going to kill someone.
Jessy
Custom Title: Emily

Postby Jessy » 23 Jun 2007, 12:01

lovely :D
Carl
Custom Title: neuk me lekker ding

Postby Carl » 23 Jun 2007, 12:28

Did you got sick of my sig reports Shawnie? :'( :devil:
Omar
Custom Title: omarafuni.com

Postby Omar » 23 Jun 2007, 12:29

Umm... I know the rules all too well, my signature was 500x300 and less than 100 KB.

I hate when I do something right and then someone makes it out like I did it wrong. :o
Download my self-written, self-produced new album Soundproof for FREE & so much more at:
http://www.omarafuni.com
Ralu
Custom Title: hates mornings

Postby Ralu » 23 Jun 2007, 12:41

i browse denden withouth sigs and everytime i happen to see a sig i think "wow, why are they allowing sigs so big?". i mean the 500x300 limit seems huge to me, when you're comparing it to the amount of text an average post has.. 500x30 text ad 500x300 sig under it, that doesn't look right.
if anything good is happening in the SG or solo-SG forum, someone please PM me :p thx
Omar

Postby Omar » 23 Jun 2007, 12:45

Mods, I demand an apology from whoever changed my signature and that they put back my signature! It's 45 KB! :despise:
Download my self-written, self-produced new album Soundproof for FREE & so much more at:
Shawn

Postby Shawn » 23 Jun 2007, 14:42

The image was 500x300, and there were lines of text underneath, which does make that over the limit. Now who deserves the apology?
Omar

Postby Omar » 23 Jun 2007, 16:29

Shawn wrote:The image was 500x300, and there were lines of text underneath, which does make that over the limit. Now who deserves the apology?

LOL! You should've said something about that! And still, how much is the size of the texts? I don't think it's over 55 KB! They're not even 1 KB so that makes a 500x300 image and text with a total of 46 KB! Still not breaking the rules. :devil:
Adam
Mod

Postby Adam » 23 Jun 2007, 16:36

Omar wrote:
Shawn wrote:The image was 500x300, and there were lines of text underneath, which does make that over the limit. Now who deserves the apology?

LOL! You should've said something about that! And still, how much is the size of the texts? I don't think it's over 55 KB! They're not even 1 KB so that makes a 500x300 image and text with a total of 46 KB! Still not breaking the rules. :devil:

It made it larger than 500x300.

Miss_Pansy wrote:PLEASE NOTE that this signature size INCLUDES all text within your signature. If you have text above, below, or to the side of an image, this text must be within the 500x300 limit. Similarly, if your signature is solely text, ensure that the text fits within the guidlines. All images and text MUST be within the 500x300, so many of you forget this.
Omar

Postby Omar » 23 Jun 2007, 17:09

Better?
Adam
Mod

Postby Adam » 23 Jun 2007, 17:12

Hehe much. :$
Omar

Postby Omar » 23 Jun 2007, 17:14

Miss_Pansy wrote:Hehe much. :$

:lovers:
Redbull

Postby Redbull » 23 Jun 2007, 17:29

Vic has nice hair , lol , i think i might use it :D
GirlPower4life*seth*
Custom Title: Look At Me

Postby GirlPower4life*seth* » 23 Jun 2007, 18:37

Thank you Miss_Pansy!! Some of it made me laugh :P lol!!
Farrah
Custom Title: Hooch is Crazy

Postby Farrah » 23 Jun 2007, 22:09

Redbull wrote:Vic has nice hair , lol , i think i might use it :D

haha lmaoo!! Made me laugh that!
Drake <3
Sweat pants, hair tied, chillin with no make-up on. That's when you're the prettiest, I hope that you don't take it wrong.
Ivanhoe

Postby Ivanhoe » 23 Jun 2007, 22:24

LOL well done Addo!! :D

And Shawn's sig is how all sigs should be, I hate the broad 500x300 ones.
iBitch
Custom Title: Prude

Postby iBitch » 24 Jun 2007, 00:03

everyone, feel free to copy my small, yet beautiful and elegant signature and use it for your own signaturing pleasure. :hunny:

Think Different

Return to “Support & Suggestions”