Behaviour on the forums - The roots of DenDen

Need help with the forums? Get it here!
Veli
Custom Title: The Piccie King

Re: Behaviour on the forums - The roots of DenDen

Postby Veli » 26 Mar 2012, 14:19

Becca wrote:I don't believe that sharing an opinion once in a while is the problem

Actually that is the problem. You guys treat everyone the same and even if it was clearly meant to be fun you still complain about it. You put the trolls who registered here only to bash and the well-known members who don't mean to start a discussion about it but only express their opinion in the same category. So regular members are afraid to share an opinion once in a while cause they'll get the same treatment as the real trolls.
Flutey
Mod
Custom Title: DDs Headnurse

Postby Flutey » 26 Mar 2012, 14:23

Veli wrote:
Becca wrote:I don't believe that sharing an opinion once in a while is the problem

Actually that is the problem. You guys treat everyone the same and even if it was clearly meant to be fun you still complain about it. You put the trolls who registered here only to bash and the well-known members who don't mean to start a discussion about it but only express their opinion in the same category. So regular members are afraid to share an opinion once in a while cause they'll get the same treatment as the real trolls.

So you are suggesting that people shouldn't be treated in the same way with a fresh pair of eyes on each occasion? Or am I getting confused?

Are you advocating for less strict rules to older members? At what point do you consider someone an older member? And looking at some of DD history, oldies also cause trouble...

If I got it wrong, I do apologise
wildhope
Previous username(s): crashworld

Postby wildhope » 26 Mar 2012, 16:53

Becca wrote:I don't believe that sharing an opinion once in a while is the problem - especially if it's expressed in honesty in order to promote discussion. The problem is the small group of individuals who perpetually stick their nose in with the intention of pissing people off.

I agree. Sometimes there are way too many dismissive comments about an artist that it creates a very unhealthy environment for people who truly enjoy the artist to enjoy discussing about him/her/them. I mean if you want to dismiss someone, at least come up with some justification that allows proper discussion. Not like "OMG, that blahblahblah deserves to flop." And the worst thing is that the same issue is brought up in every other thread, which is getting very tiresome and repetitive. Of course, I am not for censorship but sometimes there is a need to instill some rules in order to prevent things from getting out of hand.
spiceboy83_au

Postby spiceboy83_au » 04 Apr 2012, 13:15

don't you think some signatures need looking at as well... not mentioning any names :X
SpiceWonderland

Postby SpiceWonderland » 19 Sep 2012, 03:11

If I didn't rely on DenDen for music news, I would leave. Everyone on here acts like such cunts (myself included). It's in EVERY thread, I just find myself incredibly frustrated by it.
Jamie

Postby Jamie » 19 Sep 2012, 19:54

Jester wrote:If I didn't rely on DenDen for music news, I would leave. Everyone on here acts like such cunts (myself included). It's in EVERY thread, I just find myself incredibly frustrated by it.

Ditto.
Aurelien
Custom Title: Viva Life

Postby Aurelien » 20 Sep 2012, 22:16

I always correct my post or sometimes delet to it because i know some people are gonna make à pleasure to jump on it for criticisme. So im really careful now.
LISTEN TO MY ALBUM
iTunes - Spotify - Deezer - Youtube
mats

Postby mats » 21 Sep 2012, 02:44

Benji_V wrote:So if I don't post "Zomg she's so amazing!11" now, I'm not behaving in a way appropriate for the board? 

On the other hand What about trolls that post that kind of answer in every other thread then?
The fact they're 'positive' comment doesn't make it less annoying and borderline spam in my opinion.
Fenrik
Custom Title: OSLOVE

Postby Fenrik » 21 Sep 2012, 17:50

mats wrote:
Benji_V wrote:So if I don't post "Zomg she's so amazing!11" now, I'm not behaving in a way appropriate for the board? 

On the other hand What about trolls that post that kind of answer in every other thread then?
The fact they're 'positive' comment doesn't make it less annoying and borderline spam in my opinion.

We do have a troll that keeps crawling itself into the Cheryl thread :despise:
NCLS

Postby NCLS » 21 Sep 2012, 17:59

Jester wrote:If I didn't rely on DenDen for music news, I would leave. Everyone on here acts like such cunts (myself included). It's in EVERY thread, I just find myself incredibly frustrated by it.

As if all the music news regarding the Denden relevant artists were posted here anyways! x
TheBiatches

Postby TheBiatches » 21 Sep 2012, 18:40

Fenrik wrote:
mats wrote:

And the Gaga thread.
Fenrik

Postby Fenrik » 24 Sep 2012, 00:35

TheBiatches wrote:
Fenrik wrote:
mats wrote:

And the Gaga thread.

That must be Jamie you`re talking about, right?
Jamie

Postby Jamie » 24 Sep 2012, 00:47

Fenrik wrote:
TheBiatches wrote:
Fenrik wrote:We do have a troll that keeps crawling itself into the Cheryl thread :despise:

And the Gaga thread.

That must be Jamie you`re talking about, right?

Aww, so glad you're all so obsessed with me <3 so sorry that my opinion is different to yours. Does everyone agree with you in real life or is everyone who doesn't also a troll? You should both maybe try and lighten up your lives instead of spending so much time on here getting angry about my opinions :) take a walk, see friends, enjoy your music and realise that your love of an artist isn't affected by someone else not liking them. Love and light xoxo
Jamie

Postby Jamie » 24 Sep 2012, 00:55

Also, don't forget the Foe list :)
Fenrik

Postby Fenrik » 24 Sep 2012, 00:57

This has nothing to do with different opinions. This is about YOU seeking fan threads ONLY to post shit in them. I don`t care if you hate Cheryl, Gaga or whatnot. I hate most of the artists being discussed in this forum myself. But I`m not like you. Since I don`t like those artists I simply don`t visit their threads cause again, since I don`t like them I have absolutely no interest in reading about them. So why do you like wasting your time reading about people you hate? Maybe you should take a break every once in a while. Go out. Get some sunshine. See real people, perhaps?
Jamie

Postby Jamie » 24 Sep 2012, 01:04

Fenrik wrote:This has nothing to do with different opinions. This is about YOU seeking fan threads ONLY to post shit in them. I don`t care if you hate Cheryl, Gaga or whatnot. I hate most of the artists being discussed in this forum myself. But I`m not like you. Since I don`t like those artists I simply don`t visit their threads cause again, since I don`t like them I have absolutely no interest in reading about them. So why do you like wasting your time reading about people you hate? Maybe you should take a break every once in a while. Go out. Get some sunshine. See real people, perhaps?

I see plenty of real people. I also listen to Gaga's and Cheryl's songs every now and then. I like some of them. That doesnt mean I have to worship their every move. I don't like them as people anymore (i used to though!) but a few of their songs are good. Does that not entitle me to an opinion? Can I not openly dislike someone that I used to like? Can I not enjoy the artist's music but think their antics are stupid? If someone can slag off Adele in a thread opened about her, can I not slag Cheryl off in hers? If you answer no, that's massively hypocritical. This is why DenDen is strange now. Some people can be away with everything, yet some can't. Some rules are followed to a tee, some aren't. The whole 'troll' thing is so overused on this forum. Being a troll on here is supposedly just someone not liking a single song now.
RainbowNerdette
Custom Title: Spice Cadet

Postby RainbowNerdette » 24 Sep 2012, 01:08

. .
They say: "What don’t kill me will make me strong" and I’m not dead.
Fenrik

Postby Fenrik » 24 Sep 2012, 01:09

It`s not exactly like you`ve been in the Cheryl thread to share your opinion about not liking some of her songs is it?
Jamie

Postby Jamie » 24 Sep 2012, 01:11

Fenrik wrote:It`s not exactly like you`ve been in the Cheryl thread to share your opinion about not liking some of her songs is it?

When I said I didn't like Fight For This Love, you called me a troll. Point proven.
Fenrik

Postby Fenrik » 24 Sep 2012, 01:16

Jamie wrote:
Fenrik wrote:It`s not exactly like you`ve been in the Cheryl thread to share your opinion about not liking some of her songs is it?

When I said I didn't like Fight For This Love, you called me a troll. Point proven.

Such a dork. I did NOT call you a troll JUST because you didn`t like FFTL :dizzy:
Jamie

Postby Jamie » 24 Sep 2012, 01:19

Fenrik wrote:
Jamie wrote:

Such a dork. I did NOT call you a troll JUST because you didn`t like FFTL :dizzy:

You did originally though. You even quoted every single even slightly negative quote I'd ever made in her thread afterwards as well.
TheBiatches

Postby TheBiatches » 24 Sep 2012, 01:21

At the end of the day there's many ways to spread hate share an opinion, and calling a 26 year old girl you've never met a "whorebag" is the most appalling one. And "worship everything"? Excuse me? Every day you make sure the Gaga thread has your personal dose of insults towards her, her fans and the stuff she does. The Adele bashing has taken place tonight, while you bash Cheryl and Gaga on a daily basis.
Fenrik

Postby Fenrik » 24 Sep 2012, 01:22

Since you like so much to twist and turn on everything...fair enough :)

May I remind you...

Hungy wrote:A message from the Mods and Admins:

Jamie, the manner in which you post about Cheryl on DenDen is in stark contrast to how you've reacted in Sugababes/Keisha discussions - ultimately, it's hypocritical. You believing the words of Sophie Amogbokpa, is essentially no different to certain Sugababes fans believing the various insinuations regarding Keisha supposedly being a bully. It's just people choosing what they want to believe. You've shown that you're strongly against certain expressed views about Keisha, yet you'll quite happily share your own overly negative views/comments about Cheryl (which is very evident in your above post). You can't have it both ways!

Overall - it's obvious that you strongly dislike Cheryl, which is fine in itself - we all have the right to like/dislike celebrities - however, you frequent her threads regularly with negative comments, which verges on troll-like behaviour. If you can't post more civilly in threads regarding her, then we have to politely ask you to keep away from all Cheryl related threads.
Jamie

Postby Jamie » 24 Sep 2012, 01:26

You guys are clearly never going to 'get' me, like I will never 'get' you. If you don't like me, foe me. I foe a lot of people here already.
Jamie

Postby Jamie » 24 Sep 2012, 01:27

He who has no sin may cast the first stone.

Return to “Support & Suggestions”