*UPDATE* Here and Now: Fans Around the World (Guidelines)

Over 80 DenDeners from all over the world joined in to give Melanie C a gift. (Read only)
Judes

*UPDATE* Here and Now: Fans Around the World (Guidelines)

Postby Judes » 03 Mar 2008, 03:17

JUST A REMINDER: Cd's are DUE to be sent on the 15th, that is TUESDAY! So really if you haven't sent yet you have Monday and Tuesday to do so or you are not promised to be in the book. As of now we have about 70 people who are done and definitely in, so this is your last chance. And the book is looking GREAT so you deffo want to be involved ;)

Here and Now: Fans Around the World

DenDen gift to Melanie C

Inspired by the quilt making you guys did a few years back, BeccaSpice and I thought it was time to do another mass DenDen gift to Melanie. As Melanie will be touring in May, we thought that would be the perfect time to present this gift to Melanie, most likely in Toronto (as that is the closet location to us).

The idea is as follows:

Take a blank CD, and in any way you choose, put your country’s flag onto the disc. I figure the best and easiest way is to paint it on, but that is only a suggestion. You can use any materials (as long as they lay flat) that you want. Over the decorated CD (or on a small note card or piece of paper), write a little note to Melanie. Nothing too big, just a few sentences would be good.

Along with the flag CD and message to Melanie, send along a picture of yourself. Make sure this photo is no bigger than 4in. x 6in/10cm. x 15cm. (as everything needs to fit nicely on to one page). It can be any type of (appropriate) picture that you want, one of just yourself, you and Melanie, you with a Melanie C item, whatever floats your boat is fine!

In addition, you can also add in any (small) extras that you want to go on your given page. Maybe you have a little drawing of Melanie, or maybe something else that represents you. This is to keep the whole project more open and personal. Please keep in mind that it has to be flat, as this will all be going into a scrapbook/binder.

We just came up with the idea and thought it would be best to get a jump start on all this as it will take time for people to get their CD made, picture ready, etc. And then of course it has to be mailed over here to New York so I can get it all made in time for Melanie’s Canadian tour in May. It’ll be time for the tour before we know it!

Here is an example of the layout for each page. It looks boring and simple now, but each page will be unique and different, depending on what each person sends in!

Besides the fact that this is a gift for Melanie from DenDen, it is also a way for Melanie to find out who we are, where we come from and how much she means to us. She’ll get to see our beautiful faces and put faces to names, if she doesn’t know you already that is! ;) Somewhere in this book will also be a world map with marks showing where all her fans are! Hopefully we can cover a lot of space on the map and get people to participate from all over the world :)

Last step:

After you have all of your items together and ready, we would like a picture taken of your things - and no it doesn’t have to be a good one, (just like with the Secret Santa event, if you took part) that way we know you are really ready to send your things over and we’ll give you the address you’ll need to post.
You can all send your picture of your items by PM to BeccaSpice. Along with the picture, please include: your real name, city/state, and country. This will help with pinning everyone on the world map.

NOTE: You do not assemble the items on paper. You will send the items to me through the mail after Becca has approved that you have, in fact, created the items. We will assemble the items onto special paper to put nicely in the book.

And last but not least, the official deadline for mailing items out is April 15th (and to be honest, that is pushing it) We all know how the post works and we always end up running into problems with things being late and such. We hope that people will jump on this and get their stuff mailed here ASAP. The reason for that is, we have to assemble everything here and that takes time. And of course, just like everyone else, we have work and school to deal with. Plus, the earlier you send it, the better chance you have of it getting here on time. If your items get here and it’s too late, we cannot take blame.

SIDE NOTE: Deadline is subject to change after we are informed with the tour dates.

Now, get started and have fun! Be as creative or simple as you want! Just remember, this is for Melanie, so you should put forth the effort you’ll want her to see! This is you representing yourself to Melanie, so let’s make it happen and show her what DenDen is all about!
Last edited by Judes on 13 Apr 2008, 13:24, edited 2 times in total.
Becca
Mod
Custom Title: My Name is Green

Re: Here and Now: Fans Around the World (guidlines)

Postby Becca » 03 Mar 2008, 03:24

so you're all obviously reading this slowly to really take it in and write down the directions so you get it right!
jen1122
Custom Title: Numbers

Postby jen1122 » 03 Mar 2008, 03:26

lol this is a great idea, but I'm not sure if I'm that creative, oh well it'll hit me tomorrow at school, and I will deffinately do it no matter what, after all it is for Melanie.
Becca
Mod

Postby Becca » 03 Mar 2008, 03:27

everyone has their own special touch - I bet yours will be wonderful!
Judes

Postby Judes » 03 Mar 2008, 03:27

Ya'll better do it! You got accepted into the private forum that no one else can see.
Michelle_
Previous username(s): Michelle_
PattyVNumber1Fan

Postby Michelle_ » 03 Mar 2008, 03:27

this is a really cute idea girls.
I'm looking forward to creating mine, although it will probably look terrible!
AKMelnick
Custom Title: Anna

Postby AKMelnick » 03 Mar 2008, 03:29

This is Awesome! You ladies ROCK for putting this all together! <3<3<3
lara*c

Postby lara*c » 03 Mar 2008, 03:29

amazing ... I love the idea.
I'm gonna start to think about mine.
I love you girls for doing this for all of us :$
thanks
Mama Dee
Admin
Custom Title: Mother Denden

Postby Mama Dee » 03 Mar 2008, 03:30

so we just draw on the CD? we don't burn anything on for her to play on her laptop?
xElizabethx
Custom Title: Elixabef

Postby xElizabethx » 03 Mar 2008, 03:30

Sounds awesome! Creative, but not in a way that's difficult to handle.

I'm just stressing out a bit because I'm studying abroad in London, and since I'm only here for a few months, I don't have all my stuff with me (blank CDs, paint, etc.) so I'll have to go out and buy it, I just have to figure out where, lol (they don't exactly have a Target in the middle of London, unfortunately!) But I'm totally in, and I'll make mine good! I just have to figure out where to get stuff . . .
-Hannah-
Custom Title: [h]

Postby -Hannah- » 03 Mar 2008, 03:33

So we just have to PM Becca the picture,
We dont have to send you the actual page in the mail right?
And we can take up a whole Page, but we all have to have not very colourful backgrounds in the Page(im sticking with Basic White)
Becca
Mod

Postby Becca » 03 Mar 2008, 03:33

Mama Dee wrote:so we just draw on the CD? we don't burn anything on for her to play on her laptop?

nope, since it will be glued to a piece of paper later on.
Judes

Postby Judes » 03 Mar 2008, 03:34

Mama Dee wrote:so we just draw on the CD? we don't burn anything on for her to play on her laptop?

send 2 cd's then, one decorated and one with something u want melanie to play :p hahaha
It's more than just a Cd though. But all very simple.
Becca
Mod

Postby Becca » 03 Mar 2008, 03:34

worsh1p wrote:So we just have to PM Becca the picture,
And we can take up a whole Page, but we all have to have not very colourful backgrounds in the Page(im sticking with Basic White)

You will send me a picture with all of the things made. Then you will mail Judes the materials you've made and she and I will assemble them onto a page. You don't have to put together the page at all - since paper sizes are different all over the world!
Judes

Postby Judes » 03 Mar 2008, 03:35

worsh1p wrote:So we just have to PM Becca the picture,

You don't make the pages, just gather/make your things and mail them over...we will be assembling here (NY)
Judes

Postby Judes » 03 Mar 2008, 03:35

omg I'm not replying anymore.
hoodiegirl

Postby hoodiegirl » 03 Mar 2008, 03:38

yea i love the idea mad cute, but we dont burn anything onto the cd? right. So we get a blank cd, and pictures and other cool things and put it ona piece of paper? any type of paper? like oaktag or construction paper? lol
SabsAngel1021

Postby SabsAngel1021 » 03 Mar 2008, 03:39

Im damn creative im excited. Love me an art project.
Judes

Postby Judes » 03 Mar 2008, 03:40

Ok, NO paper anyone!
Just items!
We have the paper and are going to put it all together nicely in a book!
Foxy
Custom Title: Mrs.CandyVonEfron

Postby Foxy » 03 Mar 2008, 03:40

Cool Elizabeth, I will be going to school in London next fall! =)
Okay, so the cd is 100% American flag for me...or can I somehow make it American flag/Michigan-y?
And the "extra, extra, extra" in the example...would those be little scrapbooking things we could send you or are you going to put your own extra borders and whatnot around the page?
Spice_girls44

Postby Spice_girls44 » 03 Mar 2008, 03:41

Quite a creative and fun idea - i will get started as soon as possible!
Hoosier

Postby Hoosier » 03 Mar 2008, 03:41

Judes wrote:omg I'm not replying anymore.

HA!

Now I have restrain myself from taking the goofiest picture, as is my natural inclination.

Great idea! Creative, but not taxing, and allows us to be individuals in a way that (hopefully) doesn't get out of control.
Judes

Postby Judes » 03 Mar 2008, 03:42

Foxy214 wrote:Cool Elizabeth, I will be going to school in London next fall! =)
Okay, so the cd is 100% American flag for me...or can I somehow make it American flag/Michigan-y?
And the "extra, extra, extra" in the example...would those be little scrapbooking things we could send you or are you going to put your own extra borders and whatnot around the page?

make the CD the american flag, and u can add michigan-y stuff in ur extras if you want.

No one needs paper! Just send your items all loose in an envelope!
absolute

Postby absolute » 03 Mar 2008, 03:43

With 141 people, that is going to be one thick scrapbook....or unless Melanie is going to get 10 books. :angel: I request to be on page 1....if that's too much to ask, then page 3 at least. :D
Becca
Mod

Postby Becca » 03 Mar 2008, 03:43

Judes wrote:omg I'm not replying anymore.

hahaha - that's why I told you about that new little feature!

Return to “Here and Now - A gift from all around the world”