Your parents viewpoint on this gift?

Over 80 DenDeners from all over the world joined in to give Melanie C a gift. (Read only)
Michelle_
Previous username(s): Michelle_
PattyVNumber1Fan

Re: Your parents viewpoint on this gift?

Postby Michelle_ » 11 Apr 2008, 07:42

aww! I'm sorry to all the people who's parents are being tough with them about this!
I told my mom about it, and she thinks it's really cool - but she won't give me much money, only enough to have it sent out and get a picture developed. so my project isn't as good as others :( but honestly, it's the thought that counts.
my dad has been in Serbia for a month, so he doesn't know about it, but I'm sure he would approve cause he knows how much I love the girls, haha.
I told my uncle and he thought it was incredible, he gave me like 10 CDs to work with hahaha.

I've always like the girls, when I was little it was insanity, all I did was listen to them, talk about them, had to have EVERYTHING "Spice" but as they phased out, so did my 'obsession' I guess you could say. of course, I still listened to them a lot but I wasn't as bad.. and then when the reunion came, insanity struck again and my parents were annoyed at first but they've accepted how much I love them haha.
Brandamn

Postby Brandamn » 11 Apr 2008, 07:44

My parents don't know about it. Not that I'm keeping it from them, I just don't think they'd care.
kimie
Custom Title: catching big fishes

Postby kimie » 11 Apr 2008, 07:59

my dad asked me what i was doing when i was making my cd and i told him i was doing a very important art project...haha
my parents know all about my spice obsession....at times they make fun of me, but they know it makes me happy :)
i haven't told them though how many SG concerts i attended or how much money i've spent on SG/Melanie combined...they'd be upset for sure.
krtkkarphillmuk

Postby krtkkarphillmuk » 11 Apr 2008, 09:19

Wow... sorry Hoodiegirl...

So much for being supportive and spreading positivity. :( How unmotherly and unfatherly...

I don't think your parents should bother with your personal business coz what you're doing is perfectly harmless! You're healthy and staying out of trouble. There are worse family issues going on in this world...:

I can't watch more than a minute of this it upsets me so much. This kid is going to grow up so mentally unstable for many reasons (thanks mostly to the teasing family members) but where the heck were the parents? And I have this ugly picture of him going on a killing rampage... it's sad.

Hoodiegirl I think you're old enough to make wise decisions and I hope your parents realize how much worse the world is instead of yelling at you for wasting your time and energy on something that isn't mentally and financially stimulating <--- probably according to their views... but Idunno.

Good luck in the future with them. Hopefully they'll be a little more supportive and appreciative of you...
Suzanne
Custom Title: Addicted to shopping

Postby Suzanne » 11 Apr 2008, 10:19

my father doesn't know about it. :)
Flavia
Custom Title: TOPAZIA

Postby Flavia » 11 Apr 2008, 10:26

My parents don't know about the gift..it's not like I didn't want to tell them, it's just that I didn't really need their help, so I didn't tell them! I think if they knew about it, they'd be happy and supportive :)
Anne Cathrine
Custom Title: Im just a holy fool

Postby Anne Cathrine » 11 Apr 2008, 10:53

My mother thought that is was really cool at first, but when i made the extras she was like: "Why the hell are you still doing this? Don't you have better things to do??! Like homework? or helping your father and I?! Gah!"
Chill out mom..
Becca
Mod
Custom Title: My Name is Green

Postby Becca » 11 Apr 2008, 14:50

That video is awful.
Judes

Postby Judes » 11 Apr 2008, 15:01

that video is horrible. I don't know whats worse, the little boy obsessed with myspace or the brother and his friends teasing... But i think the teasing, my god.
Suzi
Previous username(s): Susi
Sexy Senorita
Custom Title: Sexy Senorita

Postby Suzi » 11 Apr 2008, 15:12

I had to phone my mum when I was at the post office, she asked me and I went "mum I cant tell you NOW", and then she forgot. Till today. lol
jen1122
Custom Title: Numbers

Postby jen1122 » 11 Apr 2008, 16:17

My mother knows and she kinda flipped when I told her. Even though I told her what the CD was for, and she was fine.
When I told her about the the fact that I have to send it off, with the extras and what not, that's when she didn't like it.
But that was only after she throughout one extra and put the others in some random place, and I still don't know where they are.
I do not dare to tell my father, he's not the nicest person, he like to tease just for liatening to Melanie's music, so I could only imagine what he'd say about this.
Good thing mother is good with it now, she going to help me ship it and eveything.
I guess she ahd to se how excited I was when we got the tickets yesterday to truly understand what it means.
but that video is horrible and like Becca said, I don't know what's worst the teasing and the obsession it's self.
chocolate_and_controversy
Custom Title: Sarah

Postby chocolate_and_controversy » 11 Apr 2008, 18:13

Flurry wrote:My parents don't know about it. Not that I'm keeping it from them, I just don't think they'd care.

ditto
-SportySpice+
Custom Title: Little Lamb

Postby -SportySpice+ » 11 Apr 2008, 19:59

wow that video is awful
he shouldnt be saying those things at such a young age...and his family members laughing around his just pissed him off more...

well at first i told my parents its a project :) lol i wasnt sure how theyd take it but then i told my mom and she thought it was pretty cool...some of my friends think im weird lol but they will never understand the love we have for mel c :)
FiaSpice
Custom Title: Not immune

Postby FiaSpice » 11 Apr 2008, 20:39

wow, I can't believe your parent tread you that way, that's sad. My mom didn't say much but asking me if I'd find my famous fleur de lys and maple leaf sticker. They didn't care. The only thing they where upset about is me going to the Demin& Diamons "That's too expensive" "So you will not go to Ottawa then" "Don't you think you should pay-off more of you load" and so on. I'm glag I'll vove out in may, I got back to my parent when my f/b broke up and now we're back together I can't wait to leave.
Just yesterday, I was at my boyfriend's appartemtn supervicing her room-mate moving out (he has eveing classes) and while I was there she decided to move my things elsewhere. I had this thing, near my computer,
Image where I put my papers, incoice etc. She decided it was meassy and puted all its content in a box near my bed. I'M so angry, I has important papers there an now I have to dig out to find them. :o
griffinej5

Postby griffinej5 » 12 Apr 2008, 03:30

My parents have no knowledge of this. My sister did see me making the CD, but I lied about what I was doing it for, as I knew she'd make fun of me. Not really badly, but then she'd probably tell my parents, because she can't keep her mouth shut about anything, and they'd make fun of me. They don't really care about me meeting people from the internet too much, as I have done it before. I'm on a dog forum. My dog and I did the thing you're totally not supposed to do when you meet people from the internet, we went to someone's house. I figured it would be safe though, because my dog would have bit her if she turned out to be a creepy old man who didn't actually have a dog. I also went with this person in her car to meet someone else from we knew from the internet. I wish I could go to a show and meet some people, but I don't have a passport, and I might be moving in June, so I can't spend the money to go.
Beckah

Postby Beckah » 12 Apr 2008, 07:25

That video was absolutely horrible.
Nanda

Postby Nanda » 12 Apr 2008, 20:34

I didnt tell my parents about it, actually. They didnt need to know! But they'd be okay, my mom's used to it. I text my e-friends in England all the time and send them letters and stuff. She doesnt mind so much (anymore!).

But my friends found it really funny and helped me, lol! They know I tend to obssess with certain things, and I had been talking about the Spice Girls NON-STOP for the past 5 months, so it wasnt any shock to them! :D
jupikell

Postby jupikell » 15 Apr 2008, 23:13

I don't think my parents really cared to much about it., but thankfully my mom helped me by taking my pic. Still can't believe she helped me as she doesn't really care for stuff like this, but oh well I got it done that's all that matters :)
Avadore
Custom Title: renegade

Postby Avadore » 15 Apr 2008, 23:15

Well.. I went for a visit to my mom's last night and I showed her this forum! She saw the pictures and everything.. even all the agent pictures ;)
And she thinks it's cool.
Leann781
Custom Title: Mrs. Pennyapple

Postby Leann781 » 16 Apr 2008, 06:54

^ you ever post yours?
Avadore
Custom Title: renegade

Postby Avadore » 16 Apr 2008, 06:56

Yeah, I posted my CD.. I think it's on page 21 ;)
nicole dee

Postby nicole dee » 16 Apr 2008, 22:37

my dad doesn't know, but its only because i didn't think he'd care either way. but my mom called me a loser :p (she was kidding, i think)
Masterpiece
Custom Title: Immune

Postby Masterpiece » 16 Apr 2008, 22:48

My mom and dad love the idea. They never supported any of my craziness over Melanie 'till the day I met her and told them how nice she was. After that all, after I told them how Nancy was so cool, how Ying was oh so nice, Thomas was the coolest, after they saw all the Live Hits related stuff (myself in the audience, Melanie signing my CD in the interview part, GM:TV stuff), they totally transformed themselves into Melanie C fans. My dad was a musician back in his teenage days, he loves her lyrics. My mom plays one of her albums everyday while she's doing housework, before or after her absolute favorite Robbie Williams. And now they both come to my room to check if there any new performances or interviews of Melanie.

Basically, my whole family loves her now, 'cos they thought she'd be one of those star-ish celebs and she's completely the opposite. They support her, and they totally gave me ideas for the gift. My mom wants to meet her, wants to give her a mom hug, 'cos she says whoever makes me happy, makes her happier. Same with my dad. I have very supportive parents.
Meanderingmind

Postby Meanderingmind » 17 Apr 2008, 00:29

Masterpiece wrote:Basically, my whole family loves her now, 'cos they thought she'd be one of those star-ish celebs and she's completely the opposite. They support her, and they totally gave me ideas for the gift. My mom wants to meet her, wants to give her a mom hug, 'cos she says whoever makes me happy, makes her happier. Same with my dad. I have very supportive parents.

That whole post is so sweet! :) Aww... :angel: A happy Mel C family!
PS: All the agents pics are super-cool, but yours is the *king* of agent pics!

My mom knows, and thought it very neat though admits that we all (Mel C Dendeners) are deffo obsessed! :oops: My mom gave me her white spray paint for the disc.
I never told my dad... He would either a) not care, b) think it's weird, c) be a little afraid...
When the rabbit of chaos is pursued by the ferret of disorder through the fields of anarchy,
it is time to hang your pants on the line of darkness. Whether they are clean or not.
Masterpiece
Custom Title: Immune

Postby Masterpiece » 17 Apr 2008, 00:38

Meanderingmind wrote:
Masterpiece wrote:Basically, my whole family loves her now, 'cos they thought she'd be one of those star-ish celebs and she's completely the opposite. They support her, and they totally gave me ideas for the gift. My mom wants to meet her, wants to give her a mom hug, 'cos she says whoever makes me happy, makes her happier. Same with my dad. I have very supportive parents.

That whole post is so sweet! :) Aww... :angel: A happy Mel C family!
PS: All the agents pics are super-cool, but yours is the *king* of agent pics!

Thanks for the compliment on the sig! :$

Hehe, i find it a lot weird how it all turned out fine. I remember my parents were damn scared when I just looked at them while they were having lunch and said 'I'm flying to London next week'. They flipped. LOL. Second time I did that, for the Spice Girls tour, my dad smiled and asked if I was gonna meet her again, 'cos if not it wouldn't be THAT cool... how nice is that? Who knows, one day we might all have dinner together.

Return to “Here and Now - A gift from all around the world”