Musicals

Relax with your friends in The Den.... :satan:
Vitalina
Custom Title: Yes I CAN

Re: Musicals

Postby Vitalina » 15 Jun 2009, 23:24

^^ I was checking the tickets just today. Gosh, they are expensive! but i still plan to go and see both Mamma mia and Oliver
Argyle-Spice
Custom Title: X-Phile

Postby Argyle-Spice » 13 Jul 2009, 18:55

I figured this is the place to put this :angel:

I saw Wicked last night in San Francisco. It was OMG amazing! I saw it last time it was here, and I didn't think it could get more spectacular but somehow it did. Plus, my step grandmother got a great deal on STELLAR seats, 4th row center! Oh my God, so good.
maryjolly88

Postby maryjolly88 » 17 Jul 2009, 21:09

OMG, I totally love musicals!!! My favourites are pretty much the ones you've already mentioned - Moulin Rouge, Chicago and so on. I also love the movie musicals with Gene Kelly :love: such as On The Town, pretty old but still great! I've only seen The Rocky Horror Show and Mamma Mia on stage, and loved both.
Watch out for the new Benny Andersson and Bjorn Ulvaeus musical, 'Kristina', it's gonna be presented at Carnegie Hall in September, but the Swedish version is from the 90s and it has A-MA-ZING music and plot. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhzAAs2APV4 ^_^
Rafael
Previous username(s): Xerrife
Custom Title: Disney Addicted

Postby Rafael » 20 Jul 2009, 14:35

last one I went was The Phantom of the Opera, but in Argentina, so it was El Fantasma de la Opera. Fell in love with it! The cast was great!
Linds911
Custom Title: Never Give Up Hope.

Postby Linds911 » 21 Jul 2009, 21:31

I saw Wicked in NYC last September. I went on my birthday! It was AMAZING!!!!!! :D

I love Mamma Mia as well!!
Steven

Postby Steven » 23 Jul 2009, 14:32

I've seen Wicked six times now, it's absolutely stunning and my all time favorite. Other favorites are Sister Act: The Musical, The Lion King and Blood Brothers.
Vitalina
Custom Title: Yes I CAN

Postby Vitalina » 31 Jul 2009, 20:06

I watched Mamma Mia and Les Miserables when I was in London a month ago.
Loved both, but in Mamma Mia - I really missed Colin Firth and Meryl Streep. The guy playng Sky was super cute, but SO nervous, his hands and legs were shaking all the time. We were sitting in the centre, on the 2nd row, it felt like we were on stage :)
Les Miserable was magnificent. I would actually like to go back and watch it again - highly recommended
Rianneke

Postby Rianneke » 28 Aug 2009, 20:11

I LOVE musicals.
Mamma Mia is my fave. I've seen it 4 times. Once in London and 3 times in holland. Next year i'm going again. I am hooked! I also enjoyed Beauty and The Beast and Tarzan. Tarzan flopped in the States. But is totally re-done here in Holland. And i can tell y'all..tis quite spectacular

On my wish list are :
Le Mis, Miss Saigon & The Lion King
xovannessaxo

Postby xovannessaxo » 17 Sep 2009, 08:13

My all time favorite musical are RENT (my top 1), Wicked, and Sweeney Todd. Last one I saw was RENT when they toured here in LA last March and the two main characters from the OBC/Movie (Mark and Roger) repriced their role, also the girl who played Joanne in the movie was there too. The rest of the cast were the ones from the Filmed Live on Broadway. It was just the highlight of my year. Amazing amazing show.
megzluvsmelc
Custom Title: Beautiful Mind

Postby megzluvsmelc » 19 Oct 2009, 12:48

Im goin to see Mamma Mia in Melbourne next yr! :D :D Im seeing it twice! :D :D
Suzanne
Custom Title: Addicted to shopping

Postby Suzanne » 19 Oct 2009, 20:44

I'm going to Mamma mia in january :)
Kaladhar
Custom Title: Boy Power

Postby Kaladhar » 20 Oct 2009, 05:20

"High School Musicals & Maama Mia"
maryjolly88

Postby maryjolly88 » 06 Nov 2009, 01:24

I'm seeing The Phantom in London in December!! :love:
plainaspeas
Custom Title: yooenoh

Postby plainaspeas » 10 Nov 2009, 08:23

xovannessaxo wrote:My all time favorite musical are RENT (my top 1), Wicked, and Sweeney Todd. Last one I saw was RENT when they toured here in LA last March and the two main characters from the OBC/Movie (Mark and Roger) repriced their role, also the girl who played Joanne in the movie was there too. The rest of the cast were the ones from the Filmed Live on Broadway. It was just the highlight of my year. Amazing amazing show.

Omg Rent is my favorite as well!!! I just saw them 3 weeks ago, they were amazing! Yeah Mark and Roger from the OBC were there too. Wow you got to see Tracie Thoms?? NICE.
Satanspuppet

Postby Satanspuppet » 10 Nov 2009, 21:32

plainaspeas wrote:
xovannessaxo wrote:My all time favorite musical are RENT (my top 1), Wicked, and Sweeney Todd. Last one I saw was RENT when they toured here in LA last March and the two main characters from the OBC/Movie (Mark and Roger) repriced their role, also the girl who played Joanne in the movie was there too. The rest of the cast were the ones from the Filmed Live on Broadway. It was just the highlight of my year. Amazing amazing show.

Omg Rent is my favorite as well!!! I just saw them 3 weeks ago, they were amazing! Yeah Mark and Roger from the OBC were there too. Wow you got to see Tracie Thoms?? NICE.

Guess you have the final show on DVD/Bluray?!?! I LOVE that Bluray... just a shame Idina Couldn't be there for the final curtain call :(

NICEST CELEB EVER!!!

For those Wicked fans... may I suggest you listen to Kerry Ellis' Final night Audio's...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcuGlMybSMQ <--- Wizard and I (The Crowd Goes Nuts)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xb1egr_f ... re=related <-- No Good Deed... the RIFF!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INR80bYT4AY <-- Defying Gravity (WOAH!!!)

Seen wicked over 13 times in london now :)
Steven

Postby Steven » 10 Nov 2009, 23:56

Satanspuppet wrote:

Another hardcore fan?! I'm up to 8 times, all in the last 12 months!

The last time I was at the stage door a girl there had seen it 52 times :dizzy:

Alexia :love: :love:
plainaspeas

Postby plainaspeas » 11 Nov 2009, 03:31

Satanspuppet wrote:
plainaspeas wrote:

Guess you have the final show on DVD/Bluray?!?! I LOVE that Bluray... just a shame Idina Couldn't be there for the final curtain call :(

NICEST CELEB EVER!!!

For those Wicked fans... may I suggest you listen to Kerry Ellis' Final night Audio's...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcuGlMybSMQ <--- Wizard and I (The Crowd Goes Nuts)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xb1egr_f ... re=related <-- No Good Deed... the RIFF!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INR80bYT4AY <-- Defying Gravity (WOAH!!!)

NO NOT YET! LOL yeah I'm terrible! :(
I'm hesistant to buy it, I've seen parts of it but in my eyes Idina is the only Maureen for me. :love: Tracie and Fredi I love equally.

Omg you are sooo lucky to have met her! Did you see Wicked while she was in town? I really want to go to one of her shows, I hear they are super entertaining since shes so freaking funny. Hurry up Walker grow up so your mommy can tour again! :death:
Satanspuppet

Postby Satanspuppet » 11 Nov 2009, 17:25

Unfortunately by the time I realised she had been in it, she was gone :(

She's only done one gig here in the UK which was uber small and I GOT A TICKET... but then became so ill, I couldn't go :( was gutted... sold it to a fan for face value but oh my heart broke.

She's STUNNING in person, I've never been so... "WoW!" when someone has walked into a room, incredibly friendly too... it was the biggest signing that store had ever done.
plainaspeas

Postby plainaspeas » 12 Nov 2009, 04:34

Yeah I've seen some of the videos on Youtube. Hopefully, she'll come back your way eventually. I heard she likes it there. ;)
Every time I see her in pictures she looks better and better, age has been treating her well. Yeah just wow too. lol :)
Satanspuppet

Postby Satanspuppet » 12 Nov 2009, 14:53

I'm sure she'll be back... I hope.

Just waiting for Universal to bloody announce which Musical they'll be bringing to the big screen next... DO WICKED NOW before Cheno and Menzel are too old!!!
plainaspeas

Postby plainaspeas » 12 Nov 2009, 21:16

I've just heard of random rumors shes going to be working on a new album soon. But who knows, I'd really like them to do something with Wicked really soon! I missed out on seeing it with Eden Espinosa when it was in LA for like 2 years. I always had something going on, on the days I was suppose to go. :despise:
Satanspuppet

Postby Satanspuppet » 13 Nov 2009, 02:57

But EDEN is touring parts of the US Now.. she will be doing LA soon I believe so check out ticketweb :)

Eden won't do a show over here :( I'd love her to sign me rent broadway bluray.
plainaspeas

Postby plainaspeas » 14 Nov 2009, 00:40

OH MY GOSH they're touring?! lol Last time I checked they were in Seattle back in August. That would be pretty cool if I finally caught up on Wicked. :p Idina is the only Maureen for me. :love: But I'm impressed on Eden's take, I need to go buy the Rent Broadway dvd now.
Satanspuppet

Postby Satanspuppet » 14 Nov 2009, 12:32

Wicked ain't touring, just Eden I believe :)

Have you gone out and purchased.... this yet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWr4h6e2ARw

Chess In Councert CD/DVD featuring Josh Groban, Idina Menzel, Adam Pascal and Kerry Ellis... I HATED that musical until these 3 came along.
http://www.amazon.com/Chess-Concert-CD- ... 700&sr=8-2
Rafael
Previous username(s): Xerrife
Custom Title: Disney Addicted

Postby Rafael » 14 Nov 2009, 14:24

Idina and Adam! :love:

Return to “Small Talk”