Eurovision 2008

Temporary forum to discuss this year's Eurovision Song Contest in Moscow in great detail ;)
Ringleader

Eurovision 2008

Postby Ringleader » 06 Mar 2008, 23:07

Just watched the whole German final and I am glad to say that one of my favourite girl groups,"No Angels" are goin to represent Germany at Belgrade!The "No Angels" are the most succesful German girl group ever. They were the winning band of the first season of Popstars back in 2000 and had many hit singles and albums before they disbanded in 2003. Most of the singers started their solo careers and had success on the charts. In 2007, four of the singers - Lucy Diakovska, Nadja Benaissa, Sandy Mölling and Jessica reunited and reached #4 on the single charts with Goodbye to yesterday.

The song is very nice,very 90's,very Eurovision,the refrain especially is so catchy!!

Last edited by Ringleader on 06 Mar 2008, 23:23, edited 5 times in total.
artziboi
Custom Title: Who owns the throne

Re: "No Angels" @ Eurovision!Yey!

Postby artziboi » 06 Mar 2008, 23:14

I love it.Fav song from this year.
Aaron

Postby Aaron » 06 Mar 2008, 23:34

They got threw?
Great! It's not their best song.. but it's still alright.
However I will be voting for Bodies Without Organs from Sweden. Their song is fantastic.
http://twitter.com/AaronCorbin - FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
Ringleader

Postby Ringleader » 06 Mar 2008, 23:39

Aaron wrote:They got threw?
However I will be voting for Bodies Without Organs from Sweden. Their song is fantastic.

Are Bodies Without Organs go for Sweden in melodifestivalen?Had no idea!!! *Gets excited*
King

Postby King » 06 Mar 2008, 23:44

Their voices sound HORRIBLE on the record, i wonder how they'll sound live.
Aaron

Postby Aaron » 06 Mar 2008, 23:49

Sp-Ice-Lord wrote:
Aaron wrote:They got threw?

Are Bodies Without Organs go for Sweden in melodifestivalen?Had no idea!!! *Gets excited*

HOLY CRAP. Yes.
They probably have the best song and will win. :love:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4hfqn ... your_music

Youtube keeps deleting any videos of the performance, but the link up there has it, for now. It's seriously one of their best songs, Very Madonna - Hung Up.
http://twitter.com/AaronCorbin - FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
King

Postby King » 07 Mar 2008, 00:03

It's crap. Too much Hung Up-ish. I much prefer another Lay Your Love On Me song (by Emma offcourse).
Tiiger

Postby Tiiger » 07 Mar 2008, 00:11

vmellybc

Postby vmellybc » 07 Mar 2008, 00:19

Sorry, but I think its a horrible song!!!! I don´t like their voices ...the whole band is shit in my opinion!!!!

Fortenbacher should have win!!! she sang amazing!!! it was the best performance tonight!!! unfortunately the video of it isn´t uploaded on youtube yet. but I´m sure it will be soon.
[youtube=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRVKF8R-1jk[/youtube]
Whitewashed
Custom Title: Nothing to see here

Postby Whitewashed » 07 Mar 2008, 00:21

Lmao it's horrible. People keep complaining how the east europe is winning simply because they're voting each other but in all honestly, they're winning because they don't suck. All the old countries keep making this crap.
Ringleader

Postby Ringleader » 07 Mar 2008, 00:32

Aaron wrote:
Sp-Ice-Lord wrote:
Aaron wrote:However I will be voting for Bodies Without Organs from Sweden. Their song is fantastic.

HOLY CRAP. Yes.
They probably have the best song and will win. :love:

Wow...Thats really good...but Melodifestivalen generally is great so I ll wait to see the other entries as well...cannot get why they erase vids so much! :/

I watched a blonde guy named Bjorn perfoming "What is Love"..he was soooo cute!! ^^

vmellybc wrote:Fortenbacher should have win!!! she sang amazing!!!

Mate,dunno I saw many ppl suported her but seriously,even No Angels song is quite boring and still was the best among the rest,at least u re goin to have a decent entry this year and have many potentials,it's No Angels after all.Fortenbacher on the other hand was sooo boring,I ma sure it would be top 5 from the bottom again for Germany..
Tiiger

Postby Tiiger » 07 Mar 2008, 00:35

vmellybc wrote:Fortenbacher should have win!!! she sang amazing!!! it was the best performance tonight!!! unfortunately the video of it isn´t uploaded on youtube yet. but I´m sure it will be soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afyGZxAwGmQ ;)
vmellybc

Postby vmellybc » 07 Mar 2008, 00:42

maybe they have better chances to "survive" in the competion BUT I always liked songs with a meaning ,songs that make sense. fortenbachers song was really beautiful. I had tears in my eyes... :(

No Angels performed so bad...they looked :x everthing looked so cheap bahhhh
The whole eurovision song contest is such a joke!! wish it would be as serious as it was 20 years ago....every single one should perform a song in "their own" language!!!

Sorry mate, but I can´t stand them :D
vmellybc

Postby vmellybc » 07 Mar 2008, 00:47

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afyGZxAwGmQ ;)

OMG thank you so much for the link :$ its such a beautiful song!!!!

she sang so much better than the SHIT ANGELS :o
Ringleader

Postby Ringleader » 07 Mar 2008, 00:50

LOL!I know what u mean,I prefered the contest as it was years ago.I think the "new Eurovision era" was great between 1998 till 2005.After monsters winning seems is getting worse year by year.Still it's Eurovision! ^^

Fortenbachers song actually was very very nice,reminding old memories of Eurovision but I really think she could do better..I really wish Germany starts sending great songs as u did back in late 70's and early 80's."Dissapear" though is still a gorgeous song,No Angels didnt seem cheap at all mate lol come on,u just say it cause u prefered Fortenbacher!Still its the best entry u have send the last years..;) :D
vmellybc

Postby vmellybc » 07 Mar 2008, 01:04

Sp-Ice-Lord wrote:LOL!I know what u mean,I prefered the contest as it was years ago.I think the "new Eurovision era" was great between 1998 till 2005.After monsters winning seems is getting worse year by year.Still it's Eurovision! ^^

Fortenbachers song actually was very very nice,reminding old memories of Eurovision but I really think she could do better..I really wish Germany starts sending great songs as u did back in late 70's and early 80's."Dissapear" though is still a gorgeous song,No Angels didnt seem cheap at all mate lol come on,u just say it cause u prefered Fortenbacher!Still its the best entry u have send the last years..;) :D

of course I prefered fortenbacher! LOL she didn´t need to wear short clothes , very short clothes to get atention :p
she looked very glam while No Angels just tacky

have you seen the thing with the rags? how tacky was that ?:D

I really hope they won´t reach a better position than 19 .... but we´ll see ;)
Stas
Custom Title: straight forward

Postby Stas » 07 Mar 2008, 13:47

Eurgh.
artziboi
Custom Title: Who owns the throne

Postby artziboi » 07 Mar 2008, 13:55

I Aint even trying to say what Finland is doing this year. Read: Embarrased!

Finnish people are stupid as Fuck. Ninja, used-to-be-model would have been great with her song "Battlefield of Love", as it is electro-Pop with something to offer to people around the world, BUT she sings like an angel in the studio version, but fucked up the performance. Ugh.

But now, surprise Finland is pushing this hard rock/heavy fucking horrible group out there with song in finnish.I mean, what the fuck?
King

Postby King » 07 Mar 2008, 15:14

Eurosong is a JOKE. You can barely ever hear a good song there.
zarko

Postby zarko » 07 Mar 2008, 16:09

wheres vani vanessa.... whatever her name was?
Ringleader

Eurovision: Russia's star Dima Bilan with Timbaland

Postby Ringleader » 07 Mar 2008, 16:50

Russias biggest star,Dima Bilan takes part in the Russian national final of Eurovision this year, attempting to represent his country for the second time in the Eurovision Song Contest. His first 2 years ago in Athens,was really successfull,placing him at the 2nd position behind Lordi.Dima will be performing a song in English, produced by Timbaland.Timbaland is working with Dima a year now and they already have released the no1 single in Russia,"Number 1 fan".This year Dima is planning to release 3 albums.An english,a russian and a spanish one which will also include "Number 1 Fan" as a duet with Nelly Furtado in spanish.

Dima Bilan's entry in this year's Russian final is called "Believing" and it has been arranged by Timbaland. Dima performs at spot #10 in the final this year, something his team consider to be a good omen as it is the same place he performed in the final back in Athens in 2006.

You can listen to Dima Bilan's Russian final entry Believing at this link.

http://www.bilandima.ru/html/include/believe.php

Melancholie

Re: Eurovision: Russia's star Dima Bilan with Timbaland

Postby Melancholie » 07 Mar 2008, 17:26

another star that paid enough for timbaland to produce a song...
Stas

Postby Stas » 07 Mar 2008, 18:07

artziboi87 wrote: Ninja,

You're kidding, right? She didn't stand a chance. And she never will. She's a brainless, drug user, full of crap model and nothing more. All finalists sucked ass this year in Finland. Why couldn't they just send someone like Anna Abreu (as much as I dislike that cow) or someone who can actually entertain people I'll never know.
Stas

Re: Eurovision: Russia's star Dima Bilan with Timbaland

Postby Stas » 07 Mar 2008, 18:10

What a piece of crap. It sounds like 'Apologize'. I actually heard another song that was nominated, why have they changed it? He's so annoying. But then again, every song that is in final sucks ass. I mean, how can you take Russia seriously, afetr they nominate a band called Buzylka with a song called 'Occupied'? Yes, it's about sitting in the toilet and doing your thing. I pray to God she's not the one to win.
Autumn

Postby Autumn » 07 Mar 2008, 18:14

I thought it was going to be No Angels that sing opera :D

Return to “Eurovision 09”