The new voting system

Temporary forum to discuss this year's Eurovision Song Contest in Moscow in great detail ;)
Flutey
Mod
Custom Title: DDs Headnurse

The new voting system

Postby Flutey » 08 May 2009, 22:44

In the Semi-Finals
After all songs have been performed, viewers in the countries that are represented in that particular Semi-Final* can vote by making a phone call and/or sending an SMS for their favorite song(s). You are allowed to vote up to 20 times, but you cannot vote for your own country
Each country then gives 12 points to the most popular entry, 10 points to the second most popular, then 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1 points
In each Semi-Final, the nine countries with the highest number of points qualify for the Final
Professional juries in all countries that are represented in that particular Semi-Final vote as well. Just like the televoters, each jury in each country then gives 12 points to the most popular entry, 10 points to the second most popular, then 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1 points
In each Semi-Final, the highest ranked country in the jury voting results that didn't qualify through televoting yet, also qualifies for the Final
The TV hosts will announce the ten qualified countries at the end of each Semi-Final in random order
To keep tension high, Eurovision.tv reveals the actual score boards of the Semi-Finals online after the Final
* The countries that are automatically qualified to compete in the Final will each vote in one of the Semi-Finals. By draw it was decided that in the first Semi-Final United Kingdom and Germany will also vote. In the second Semi-Final Spain, Russia and France will vote.

In the Final
After all songs have been performed, viewers in all 42 participating countries can vote by making a phone call and/or sending an SMS for their favorite song(s). You are allowed to vote up to 20 times, but you cannot vote for your own country
Each country then gives 12 points to the most popular entry, 10 points to the second most popular, then 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1 points

Professional juries in all 42 countries vote as well. Just like the televoters, each jury in each country then gives 12 points to the most popular entry, 10 points to the second most popular, then 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1 points
The televoting results and the jury results are then merged per country. Each result counts for 50%
Spokespersons in all 42 countries will read out the merged results, giving 12 points to the most popular entry, 10 points to the second most popular, then 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1 points
The country with the highest number of points wins the 54th Eurovision Song Contest
The_Master
Custom Title: Run Donna RUN

Re: The new voting system

Postby The_Master » 10 May 2009, 22:53

COME ON UK!!!! I saw a rehearsal for Jades performance today and she sounds A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. Its not the the strongest song, or the worst by far!!! but if she gets the vocals just right she could wow every1 to vote for us.
londonangel
Custom Title: Goddess on her knees

Postby londonangel » 14 May 2009, 15:48

The_Master wrote:COME ON UK!!!! I saw a rehearsal for Jades performance today and she sounds A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. Its not the the strongest song, or the worst by far!!! but if she gets the vocals just right she could wow every1 to vote for us.

dream on, the uk is in western europe, you stand no chance :p
Flutey
Mod
Custom Title: DDs Headnurse

Postby Flutey » 14 May 2009, 16:25

It won't be getting nil point, for sure!
The_Master
Custom Title: Run Donna RUN

Postby The_Master » 15 May 2009, 21:39

if it doesnt get in the top 15 I seriously think the UK may withdraw its funding.
Ralu
Custom Title: hates mornings

Postby Ralu » 16 May 2009, 01:39

lol that's what uk-ers say every year :D i think the uk is still making a profit every year, even if they're in the last place

i don't like the jury vote, i prefer a viewer vote only. jury voting makes it even more political
if anything good is happening in the SG or solo-SG forum, someone please PM me :p thx
Whitewashed
Custom Title: Nothing to see here

Postby Whitewashed » 16 May 2009, 13:39

I just read that the judges won't be watching the final. Instead, they see a video from the rehearsals :dizzy: So if the rehearsal sucked and the final performance rocked we might see judges voting completely differently than the audience.
Ralu
Custom Title: hates mornings

Postby Ralu » 16 May 2009, 19:01

any reason given why the judges won't see the final performance?
if anything good is happening in the SG or solo-SG forum, someone please PM me :p thx
Whitewashed
Custom Title: Nothing to see here

Postby Whitewashed » 16 May 2009, 21:08

Raluca wrote:any reason given why the judges won't see the final performance?

Dunno, they voted in the morning already. Maybe it's the most practical way or something.
King

Postby King » 17 May 2009, 18:46

So that's why Norway won... I knew it was impossible they got votes from every country. There were much better songs this year. I can't believe Lithuania finished last, that guy sang amazingly well.
Summer
Custom Title: FagHag

Postby Summer » 17 May 2009, 20:52

King wrote:So that's why Norway won... I knew it was impossible they got votes from every country. There were much better songs this year. I can't believe Lithuania finished last, that guy sang amazingly well.

Say what again? Why did norway won?, stupid. He won beacuse everyone voted for him. And YES he did get votes from every country, wake up.
King

Postby King » 17 May 2009, 21:39

It's a horrible song and the guy is fugly.
Summer
Custom Title: FagHag

Postby Summer » 17 May 2009, 21:45

King wrote:It's a horrible song and the guy is fugly.

Okay, thats your opinion, but it doesnt change the fact that every country gave him points.

Alexander is the shit!!!: He is such a cute guy.

Return to “Eurovision 09”