Supposed US deal

Pick up the board and post on it, spam up the place if you want it.
Javi
Custom Title: f.k.a. IER

Re: Supposed US deal

Postby Javi » 13 Jan 2012, 16:54

IconicSpice wrote:
IER wrote:^a bit of a flop? It's a big flop, same as the single.

And I don't think her lack of success with this album/single has anything to do with the type of music they're doing. The problem with the tour is that they think they're bigger than what they actually are. They had no problems with the theatres tour earlier in the year. And the album flopping is all down to bad promotion, bad release date and a weak single choice to launch it.

All Fired Up has reach the 200k mark, which isn't amazing, but it shows their good songs still sell. They just need to do more promo, release the right songs and realize that they're no Girls Aloud or Spice Girls.

I tend to agree you saying that, they are more like parade than girls aloud or the spice girls

lol

They're no Girls Aloud nor Spice Girls, but they're not on the same league as Parade, Girls Can't Catch and so on. They're somewhere in between. They've got an average nice loyal fanbase that gives them top30 singles (something other acts like Nicola Roberts or Melanie C don't even have, coming from bigger girlbands). But they don't have a big fanbase like Girls Aloud did (the SG are on a total different level). But they could be! They just seem to end up ruining everything they touch by releasing wrong singles, not promoting singles/albums or by going on holidays when they should be working.

it seems they spend 10 months writing and recording on the studio but just promote that music during 2 months, then they move on to the next project. It looks as if they got paid for recording music, not for selling and performing it.

They need some serious management change and someone leading that team making better decisions. It's not like they're Melanie C getting trouble in finding TV shows to perform on. They're liked and the media loves them. They just need to work hard on promotion as much as they do on recording on the studio. And, obviously, they need to make things right and release the proper songs, on the proper weeks of the year and most important of all, stop fucking giving up on every single project after it fails on the charts.
-If you really bug me, then I'll say goodbye.
pinkcupcake

Postby pinkcupcake » 14 Jan 2012, 05:11

sounds like a BS story
why would they give them a 5 season deal

they would be lucky to sign a 2 season deal

it would do wonders for them to be on E!
have their show run b4 Keeping Up With The Kardashians
and the reruns after Chelsea Lately
they would always be on E! News :laugh:

they would just need better music :rolleyes:
maybe have them work with Britneys prod.
like Max, Danja, Dr Luck, B&A
unless they put out a "greatest hits" as their 1st album like Atomic Kitten did
since the only good songs from TS are the singles expt for "Fall" :inlove: and Karma :music:
#BritneySpearsQueenOfPOP
Javi

Postby Javi » 14 Jan 2012, 14:21

pinkcupcake wrote:since the only good songs from TS are the singles expt for "Fall" :inlove: and Karma :music:

:despise:
Charmingspice5
Custom Title: Show Me Love

Postby Charmingspice5 » 15 Jan 2012, 00:32

pinkcupcake wrote:since the only good songs from TS are the singles expt for "Fall" :inlove: and Karma :music:

:@ :nono: :despise: :dizzy: :o

Except not. But that's your opinion
Brett
Custom Title: Fucking Love SGs

Postby Brett » 15 Jan 2012, 02:05

Maybe they could pull an Atomic Kitten and put out a GH as a first album over here, leading with Higher (with FloRida) and rerecord them without Vanessa is this whole Vanessa-less fiasco turns into her leaving the band! Imagine how much more Rochelle will get to sing! *wet dream*
Javi

Postby Javi » 15 Jan 2012, 15:50

Love how Vanessa misses one performance and we're already leaving her out for good. lol

Vanessa has missed some performances before, so did Mollie I think, Franceska did it last year and Una will soon. And any of them has left yet, so I guess if one day any of them leaves the band it will be an unexpected Rochelle. :P
schizophonic_spice

Postby schizophonic_spice » 15 Jan 2012, 16:16

IER wrote:Love how Vanessa misses one performance and we're already leaving her out for good. lol

Vanessa has missed some performances before, so did Mollie I think, Franceska did it last year and Una will soon. And any of them has left yet, so I guess if one day any of them leaves the band it will be an unexpected Rochelle. :P

Yeah has Rochelle even once missed a Saturdays performance? I dont think she has, all the others have.
Jamie

Postby Jamie » 15 Jan 2012, 22:26

schizophonic_spice wrote:
IER wrote:Love how Vanessa misses one performance and we're already leaving her out for good. lol

Yeah has Rochelle even once missed a Saturdays performance? I dont think she has, all the others have.

During the Work tour, she missed Set Me Off and Keep Her one night.
SpiceFan2008
Custom Title: I JUST WANNA DANCE

Postby SpiceFan2008 » 15 Jan 2012, 22:35

Ooooh why was that?
Jamie

Postby Jamie » 15 Jan 2012, 22:35

She didn't feel well.
Jamie

Postby Jamie » 15 Jan 2012, 22:39

I made a mistake with what two songs were missed.
SpiceFan2008

Postby SpiceFan2008 » 15 Jan 2012, 22:42

Oh was that when she was physically sick off-stage, or am I thinking of someone else?
Jamie

Postby Jamie » 15 Jan 2012, 22:44

I'm not sure really!
dbomb12

Postby dbomb12 » 17 Jan 2012, 04:33

I think they should only go over to the US as a full group, I don't think they should go over there without one member because that will be a rubbish first impression to the US as group.

Like the Spice Girls they should go as a unit and promote as a unit but since these girls seem to (at times) perform without all of the members it won't look good for them as a group if they head over to the US like that.
addicted2you

Postby addicted2you » 17 Jan 2012, 09:34

I don't really think the Saturdays have what it takes to have a hit TV show. People want drama and I don't think the saturdays really do drama.
JubileeRoad
Custom Title: SUPERfan

Postby JubileeRoad » 17 Jan 2012, 21:55

One thing that really pisses me off about them is their work ethic. Im a fan of their music, I don't particullary follow them as a group. If you get what I'm saying. But everytime I go to watch a performance there is always one of them missing. It drives me mad. The Spice Girls never missed anything. It was always the five of them. I can think of ONE instance where I believe Victoria missed out on a few interviews in Canada and thats IT. You dont think some of them felt/were deathly sick especially with their schedules. Of course but they kept going. Becuase they were hungry for it. The Saturdays are a bunch of whiny brats. If you want to be huge you have to work for it.Their music isn't the problem its their work ethic.
TheDoctor

Postby TheDoctor » 17 Jan 2012, 22:24

I'm actually surprised that I've seen them live five times and all five times, they've all been there!
Javi

Postby Javi » 17 Jan 2012, 23:02

I don't think they've been a 4-piece THAT many times to be honest. People are making it a bigger issue than what it is. At least they still keep going when one member leaves instead of cancelling or something. And whoever is doing whoever lines when that whoever is missing, does it always nicely.

Comparing The Saturdays to the Spice Girls isn't fair. Mainly because they were a 5 piece for 2 years only. There's less space of time for them to be sick and such things. I know they travelled the world and did more things in 2 years than The Sats have done in 4, but still, it's less time. Not to mention they were bigger and richer and probably had their own doctors with them and such things.

Btw, if you're going to compare, do it properly. Una is 7 months pregnant and she's still performing live with them. Victoria and Mel B only performed Goodbye a couple of (mimed) times when they weren't 7 months pregnant yet and they didn't need to move because it was a ballad. Not that I think it was wrong, but it shows Una works harder than you're saying. They could've easily attended the Mtv EMAs, but they didn't bother.

Having said that, I partly agree about their work ethic issue. But I don't think it's a problem with them, but with management. They do what management tells them to do (unless they're sick or whatever). They perform and promote as much as their manager signs them to do.
Jamie

Postby Jamie » 18 Jan 2012, 03:05

CSweet7 wrote:I'm actually surprised that I've seen them live five times and all five times, they've all been there!

Ditto actually! I've never seen a four/three piece yet!
Jay
Mod

Postby Jay » 18 Jan 2012, 04:05

Also the same with me, only ever seen them as a 5 piece!
dbomb12

Postby dbomb12 » 18 Jan 2012, 05:10

It doesn't matter tho they are a band and the Spice Girls did a hell of alot more travelling than these girls have EVER done and they worked WAY harder yet if any of them were sick they still went on as a 5-sum.

I do commend Una for being 7 months pregnant and still performing but that doesn't excuse their work ethic, All Saints still performed with a pregnant Melanie and Melanie still danced and never half-arsed her moves so there's no excuse.

My main issue is when they tour they always end up without a member (minus the December tour). I stopped caring about the TV appearances and so on a long time ago cause it does seem to happen a lot with The Saturdays, but with touring people pay to see 5 and only if it's so damn serious that's when should miss a show which if i'm honest alot of times members are off it's not really that serious!

I don't think they take their power as a 5-sum seriously yet and that's probably why they don't appeal to everyone because they need to realise that their power as a full unit is much stronger than they think.

They can't appeal to a new country if they're not all gonna be there cause it doesn't look good for the group!
Javi

Postby Javi » 18 Jan 2012, 13:31

^Like I said, again, we don't know if the Spice Girls were sick/ill and still performed/promoted. They were around for 2 years only as a 5piece and they were recording and filming the movie for a few months on summer 1997, so it's even less than 2 years on the public eye.

Maybe any of them got sick/ill. The only issue I can remember was Emma's accident with her ankle. You can't say "the Spice Girls always performed even when they were sick" because we have had no evidence of that happening.

And, again, like I said, the Spice Girls were bigger and richer, they travelled the world with their own team, and that not only includes managers, vocal coaches and stylist, that also includes doctors. They're not on the same league as The Saturdays and it's not fair to compare them. Not to mention that the Spice Girls were famous as a band, but also as individuals, if one of them was missing people would notice it straight away, which is not the case with The Saturdays.

You're saying SG were more professional than The Sats, true. But when it comes to the being ill/sick issue, maybe they weren't THAT professional, they simply were lucky not to be sick anytime or they simply weren't allowed to 'leave'. Look at Geri, she wanted to do some interview for breast cancer and she wasn't allowed to do so. I can imagine any of the girls saying "oh I got stomach ache, I'm not performing tonight", but it's not down to being professional, it's down to not being able to rest at home because they weren't allowed to do so.

You could've easily compared The Saturdays to Girls Aloud, who have been around for a longer time than both SG and TS and their work schedulle and country is the same. Comparing TS work ethic with the Spice Girls is like comparing Cheryl Cole with Madonna.
SpiceFan2008

Postby SpiceFan2008 » 18 Jan 2012, 14:07

I've seen them as a 5 in Nottingham and the Clothes Show 2008
4 piece in Southend
3 piece in Southend as well, when Una decided to leave the stage :)
Javi

Postby Javi » 18 Jan 2012, 15:41

Soon we'll see Mollie and Rochelle doing a duet and calling themselves "The Saturday Mornings"
SpiceFan2008

Postby SpiceFan2008 » 18 Jan 2012, 17:33

Or The Mochelle Show, as their earlier flips said!

Return to “The Saturdays”