Is Gaga starting to flop?

Let's have some fun, this board is sick
NCLS

Re: Is Gaga starting to flop?

Postby NCLS » 26 Jun 2011, 15:28

Joanhs wrote:
addicted2you wrote:
peruspice wrote:The problem was she said this would be the album of the decade. There was so much buzz, but in the end, the album is like a long song: all the aongs sound the same.

When did she actually say that? Because after listneing to the album several times, she must've been taking something to believe that its the album of the decade :S

Her manager or something also told it would be bigger than thriller.

It is too early to judge. Let's talk again in 20 years (:
pcdfan1
Banned
Custom Title: Banned

Postby pcdfan1 » 27 Jun 2011, 08:19

"Lady Gaga is like The Wizard of Oz and people are beginning to realize there isn't much going on behind that curtain..."

Quote From facebook!
Paul!
Custom Title: 18...13...9..5..2.0

Postby Paul! » 27 Jun 2011, 09:25

lol that couldn't be further away from the truth.
Joanhs

Postby Joanhs » 27 Jun 2011, 10:52

Agree. To much is going on behind the curtain. They try to look so simple but it isn't.
TheBiatches

Postby TheBiatches » 27 Jun 2011, 16:21

She said she sold 5 million copies, but I'm sure she meant (and if she didn't it's because they didn't care to explain it well enough) that the album has SHIPPED 5 millions. It's obvious she hasn't sold those 5 million copies, unless there's a massive country that none of us know about and that has bought like 2 million copies of the album :p

She will get there eventually and she's gonna tour this album, too, she's not going anywhere despite what the haters wish. Actually, this is Lady Gaga's forum and it's filled with haters...
Brandamn

Postby Brandamn » 27 Jun 2011, 18:19

Contrary to what the Little Monsters will have you believe, yes, she is starting to flop. She's by no means a laughing stock right now, but the Gaga-mania that has been around for the past two years is starting to fizzle out. It happens to every major pop star, and only proves that Lady Gaga is fundamentally no different from any of the other it-girls or it-guys of the past decade or two, she just came in a different form, which means she'll "leave" in similar form: She'll be around, but she won't be as "perfect" as people saw her 18 months ago.

The thing people don't realize is that people (fan bases) grow up, their lives change and their priorities change. Most Little Monsters are a bit of a younger generation who are about to start graduating, getting married, having kids, etc. They'll always be fans of Lady Gaga, that's almost for sure. But soon enough Gaga's fan base will slowly start losing that obsessive impulse, and you'll notice this in the charts. It happens with everyone, and it's the exact reason why Madonna reinvents herself with every album. Britney, too.

Having said that, Lady Gaga is also the type that may not be happy to accept that. So it's how she reacts to the dwindling popularity that will play a big role in her future success.
Paul!
Custom Title: 18...13...9..5..2.0

Postby Paul! » 27 Jun 2011, 19:08

^Definitely agree with you on that. The one thing I do not agree with is that people say that she is shallow behind all the clothes and glamour. People have to remember that she is just starting out as an artist (a selling artist - I do not mean starting out as in making music); obviously she had more success than most newcomers - the real challenge is just about to start. It will be interesting to see how she handles it all and how carefully she will craft her skills. No doubt she did not sell as much with the album (or the last singles), but that's a normal 'progression' that sooner or later will hit any artist.
TheBiatches

Postby TheBiatches » 27 Jun 2011, 19:27

Brandamn wrote:Contrary to what the Little Monsters will have you believe, yes, she is starting to flop. She's by no means a laughing stock right now, but the Gaga-mania that has been around for the past two years is starting to fizzle out. It happens to every major pop star, and only proves that Lady Gaga is fundamentally no different from any of the other it-girls or it-guys of the past decade or two, she just came in a different form, which means she'll "leave" in similar form: She'll be around, but she won't be as "perfect" as people saw her 18 months ago.

The thing people don't realize is that people (fan bases) grow up, their lives change and their priorities change. Most Little Monsters are a bit of a younger generation who are about to start graduating, getting married, having kids, etc. They'll always be fans of Lady Gaga, that's almost for sure. But soon enough Gaga's fan base will slowly start losing that obsessive impulse, and you'll notice this in the charts. It happens with everyone, and it's the exact reason why Madonna reinvents herself with every album. Britney, too.

Having said that, Lady Gaga is also the type that may not be happy to accept that. So it's how she reacts to the dwindling popularity that will play a big role in her future success.

Yes, it happens to everyone, especially when you suddenly become as massive as Gaga has been. I don't understand why you'd put Britney and Madonna in the same sentence though. Madonna has reinveted herself almost with every album release... but Britney? She's been looking the same for the past God knows how many years, saying the same things, singing the same songs and making the same videos. That isn't exactly reinventing yourself.

Gaga has done too much too soon, so yeah, there'll be a point when her ideas won't be too many anymore and she'll have to be able to stand on her own two feet and prove to the world what she's capable of. She has already done it many times, in my opinion, but many people haven't seen that yet and only see her outfits and wigs.

Also, the new album hasn't sold as much as The Fame yet but it's also only been out for 1 month, and it's still top5 everywhere, actually even rising back to the top in some countries (like the UK).
Brandamn

Postby Brandamn » 28 Jun 2011, 04:22

TheBiatches wrote:
Brandamn wrote:Contrary to what the Little Monsters will have you believe, yes, she is starting to flop. She's by no means a laughing stock right now, but the Gaga-mania that has been around for the past two years is starting to fizzle out. It happens to every major pop star, and only proves that Lady Gaga is fundamentally no different from any of the other it-girls or it-guys of the past decade or two, she just came in a different form, which means she'll "leave" in similar form: She'll be around, but she won't be as "perfect" as people saw her 18 months ago.

Yes, it happens to everyone, especially when you suddenly become as massive as Gaga has been. I don't understand why you'd put Britney and Madonna in the same sentence though. Madonna has reinveted herself almost with every album release... but Britney? She's been looking the same for the past God knows how many years, saying the same things, singing the same songs and making the same videos. That isn't exactly reinventing yourself.

Read again, love. Madonna and Britney are not in the same sentence. "Britney, too." was in reference to the point of the paragraph, not with reinvention. However, I disagree that Britney doesn't reinvent herself with each album. You make her sound like she's Nickelback, who haven't changed their sound since 2001. No, she doesn't change her look too much, but she changes her musical style every two years or so. "Femme Fatale" is nothing like "Circus" or "Blackout". "Blackout" is nothing like "In The Zone" which is nothing like "Britney", and you'd never find a song like "I'm A Slave 4 U" on her first two records. She goes in different directions. Maybe not as drastic as Madonna, but she keeps her music current.
pcdfan1
Banned

Postby pcdfan1 » 28 Jun 2011, 08:34

pcdfan1 wrote:"Lady Gaga is like The Wizard of Oz and people are beginning to realize there isn't much going on behind that curtain..." Quote From facebook!

This quote means that all she as going for her is her clothes and look....And also that people think she always has a gimick. (for something: An egg or meat or something...)
TheBiatches

Postby TheBiatches » 28 Jun 2011, 13:38

Brandamn wrote:Read again, love. Madonna and Britney are not in the same sentence. "Britney, too." was in reference to the point of the paragraph, not with reinvention. However, I disagree that Britney doesn't reinvent herself with each album. You make her sound like she's Nickelback, who haven't changed their sound since 2001. No, she doesn't change her look too much, but she changes her musical style every two years or so. "Femme Fatale" is nothing like "Circus" or "Blackout". "Blackout" is nothing like "In The Zone" which is nothing like "Britney", and you'd never find a song like "I'm A Slave 4 U" on her first two records. She goes in different directions. Maybe not as drastic as Madonna, but she keeps her music current.

I think she's been making very generic dance-pop ever since she came out. Apart from the odd occasion (the very first singles and Everytime, which is still her best single in my opinion) she has been singing about the same things, looking the same, dancing the same (well... let's not go there), miming... I don't see it as re-inventing yourself. She's changed her sound slightly to fit into the current pop scene... she's done the heavy pop stuff a la BSB and N Sync, the slightly r&b influenced stuff in the early 00s, the dance album in 2011... even J-Lo has done that kind of thing, and I hardly think she's been re-inventing herself.
pcdfan1 wrote:
pcdfan1 wrote:"Lady Gaga is like The Wizard of Oz and people are beginning to realize there isn't much going on behind that curtain..." Quote From facebook!

This quote means that all she as going for her is her clothes and look....And also that people think she always has a gimick. (for something: An egg or meat or something...)

WHATEVER. Some people may think that, but some other people also think she's a very talented singer/songwriter who doesn't need all those outfits and wigs to make an impression. Her album went back to #1 in the UK after a TV special where she performed live and millions of people saw what she's really made of. That kind of quote is just very easy and so very 2009 in my opinion.
Tiger
Custom Title: AKA Joe

Postby Tiger » 28 Jun 2011, 17:29

Brandamn wrote:it's the exact reason why Madonna reinvents herself with every album.

I agree with this statement, Madonna changes her style per era but Gaga changes hers per single at least.
pcdfan1
Banned

Postby pcdfan1 » 28 Jun 2011, 19:41

TheBiatches wrote:who doesn't need all those outfits and wigs to make an impression. That kind of quote is just very easy and so very 2009 in my opinion.

Think what you want about that quote but its true. People are getting tired of her. And so you think she will evr do a performance without a wig or a crazy outfit?
Joanhs

Postby Joanhs » 28 Jun 2011, 21:17

I don't see Madonna Reinventing herself, Actually she is just good at finding out what people want and then respond to it, make the trends public. I liek her for what she is, but I don't see the reinventing
SpiceWonderland

Postby SpiceWonderland » 29 Jun 2011, 05:26

pcdfan1 wrote:"Lady Gaga is like The Wizard of Oz and people are beginning to realize there isn't much going on behind that curtain..."

Ha, she's definitely like the Wizard of Oz, but not in THAT sense, lol! :laugh:

edit: the MOVIE! NOT the character!
Last edited by SpiceWonderland on 05 Jul 2011, 00:48, edited 1 time in total.
Brandamn

Postby Brandamn » 29 Jun 2011, 05:55

TheBiatches wrote:
Brandamn wrote:Read again, love. Madonna and Britney are not in the same sentence. "Britney, too." was in reference to the point of the paragraph, not with reinvention. However, I disagree that Britney doesn't reinvent herself with each album. You make her sound like she's Nickelback, who haven't changed their sound since 2001. No, she doesn't change her look too much, but she changes her musical style every two years or so. "Femme Fatale" is nothing like "Circus" or "Blackout". "Blackout" is nothing like "In The Zone" which is nothing like "Britney", and you'd never find a song like "I'm A Slave 4 U" on her first two records. She goes in different directions. Maybe not as drastic as Madonna, but she keeps her music current.

I think she's been making very generic dance-pop ever since she came out. Apart from the odd occasion (the very first singles and Everytime, which is still her best single in my opinion) she has been singing about the same things, looking the same, dancing the same (well... let's not go there), miming... I don't see it as re-inventing yourself. She's changed her sound slightly to fit into the current pop scene... she's done the heavy pop stuff a la BSB and N Sync, the slightly r&b influenced stuff in the early 00s, the dance album in 2011... even J-Lo has done that kind of thing, and I hardly think she's been re-inventing herself.

Well, thank you for sharing your opinion on Britney Spears. However, apart from the few words that I've bolded, that's completely irrelevant to the conversation. The point is, Britney reinvented her music (whether you feel it was a drastic enough change to be deemed a reinvention is your own business, determined by your own standards - aka your opinion), Madonna reinvented herself to stay relevant, and Lady Gaga is going to need to do the same, or people are going to get bored of her really quickly. So the question is, how does a person who is known for reinventing herself on a weekly basis actually reinvent herself?
pcdfan1
Banned

Postby pcdfan1 » 29 Jun 2011, 08:22

k_pay wrote: she's definitely like the Wizard of Oz, but not in THAT sense, lol!

She is NOT like the Wizard...
(And im a huge fan of that movie and I will argue this until FOREVER) :laugh:
PeruvianSpice

Postby PeruvianSpice » 04 Jul 2011, 23:26

so, what are the chart positions of "born this way", "judas" and "edge of glory"
SpiceWonderland

Postby SpiceWonderland » 05 Jul 2011, 00:48

pcdfan1 wrote:
k_pay wrote: she's definitely like the Wizard of Oz, but not in THAT sense, lol!

She is NOT like the Wizard...
(And im a huge fan of that movie and I will argue this until FOREVER) :laugh:

I meant the movie itself, not the old man! lol
pcdfan1
Banned

Postby pcdfan1 » 05 Jul 2011, 01:05

k_pay wrote:I meant the movie itself, not the old man! lol

Trust I knew what you meant and Lady Gaga isnt The Wizard.
pinkcupcake

Postby pinkcupcake » 06 Jul 2011, 03:08

she wasnt big on the charts from the start
it took her 3 years to get another #1 single
and this is her 1st #1 out of all 5 charting Albums/EPs

her stans HYPED her up to big and she ISNT delivering on the status they tried to bulid for her

so Gaga isnt flopping she is just were she has always been
that 99cent album HELPED a lot 400K was sold with the 99cent album
thats why her 2nd week sales dropped almost 90% yes i said almost 90%
and then in its 3rd week it dropped more with almost 50% drop from last week
and its still dropping... becos every1 that likes her got the album she made no new fans this era
#BritneySpearsQueenOfPOP
pinkcupcake

Postby pinkcupcake » 06 Jul 2011, 03:15

PeruvianSpice wrote: so, what are the chart positions

Billboard
EOG - #7
BTW - #57
Judas - Fall off the charts :satan:
Hair - Fall off the charts :dee:

Itunes
EOG - #10
BTW - #60
Judas - #to far down pasted the 100s
Hair - #to far down pasted the 100s
#BritneySpearsQueenOfPOP
PeruvianSpice

Postby PeruvianSpice » 06 Jul 2011, 16:59

pinkcupcake wrote:
PeruvianSpice wrote: so, what are the chart positions

Billboard
EOG - #7
BTW - #57
Judas - Fall off the charts :satan:
Hair - Fall off the charts :dee:

Itunes
EOG - #10
BTW - #60
Judas - #to far down pasted the 100s
Hair - #to far down pasted the 100s

thank you... but those were not the single peaks, were there???
Charmingspice5
Custom Title: Show Me Love

Postby Charmingspice5 » 07 Jul 2011, 06:36

PeruvianSpice wrote:thank you... but those were not the single peaks, were there???

no i think those were current positions. The peaks for singles were

Born This Way-#1
Judas-#10
Edge of Glory-#3
pcdfan1
Banned

Postby pcdfan1 » 07 Jul 2011, 08:10

Charmingspice5 wrote:Judas-#10

The best song and the worst peak number... :Dizzy:

Return to “Lady Gaga”