Gaga Plans Record Breaking World Tour, 450 Dates!!

Let's have some fun, this board is sick
pcdfan1
Banned
Posts: 6093
Joined: 08 Dec 2008, 05:59
Gender: Male
Custom Title: Banned

Gaga Plans Record Breaking World Tour, 450 Dates!!

Postby pcdfan1 » 04 Dec 2011, 10:38

Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Lady GaGa is reportedly planning a record-breaking world tour. The singer wants to break U2's record for the highest grossing and most attended tour of all time with a two-year, 450-date jaunt across the globe. Gaga and her team hope to better previous tours from the likes of Michael Jackson and The Rolling Stones, according to The Sun. A source said: "The Haus Of Gaga is taking things up a gear. "She is planning to kick things off in Asia and India next year and go on a gruelling world tour. "As is always the case with Gaga, the plans came to her in her sleep. She has a target of 450 dates. It has never been done before, but she doesn't think that's a reason not to try." GaGa has started work on the show's design with the team behind Take That's 'Circus' and 'Progress Live' tours. Her recent 'Monster Ball Tour' became the highest-grossing tour by a debut headlining artist. It was recently confirmed that GaGa has started work on her new album, the follow-up to Born This Way.

I hope this isnt true..Just my opinion.
Image
Paul!
Posts: 3219
Joined: 28 Jun 2007, 18:42
Gender: Male
Custom Title: 18...13...9..5..2.0
Country: Netherlands
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Contact:

Re: Gaga Plans Record Breaking World Tour, 450 Dates!!

Postby Paul! » 04 Dec 2011, 17:59

She'll be dead after that. But as long as I get to see the BTW album performed live, I'll be happy. But I do doubt that it will be a tour as big as this.
Image
User avatar
Charmingspice5
Posts: 18356
Joined: 25 Jan 2009, 04:42
Gender: Male
Custom Title: Show Me Love
Country: United_States
Location: San Jose, CA

Re: Gaga Plans Record Breaking World Tour, 450 Dates!!

Postby Charmingspice5 » 05 Dec 2011, 01:03

That's crazy, 450 dates.. Wow. I kind of worry about her overdoing it on her body that's a lot of work. I'd hope if it's true she doesn't burn herself out.
Image
Jamie
Posts: 22327
Joined: 08 Jul 2004, 18:36

Re: Gaga Plans Record Breaking World Tour, 450 Dates!!

Postby Jamie » 05 Dec 2011, 03:17

She'll burn out so quickly.
User avatar
Brandamn
Posts: 20732
Joined: 28 Mar 2006, 10:09
Gender: Male
Country: Canada

Re: Gaga Plans Record Breaking World Tour, 450 Dates!!

Postby Brandamn » 05 Dec 2011, 04:52

I don't understand why she is so preoccupied with breaking records. It'll be her downfall.
Image
pcdfan1
Banned
Posts: 6093
Joined: 08 Dec 2008, 05:59
Gender: Male
Custom Title: Banned

Re: Gaga Plans Record Breaking World Tour, 450 Dates!!

Postby pcdfan1 » 05 Dec 2011, 05:03

Brandamn wrote:I don't understand why she is so preoccupied with breaking records. It'll be her downfall.


Exactly because people WILL get sick of her.
Image
User avatar
Brandamn
Posts: 20732
Joined: 28 Mar 2006, 10:09
Gender: Male
Country: Canada

Re: Gaga Plans Record Breaking World Tour, 450 Dates!!

Postby Brandamn » 05 Dec 2011, 09:48

pcdfan1 wrote:
Brandamn wrote:I don't understand why she is so preoccupied with breaking records. It'll be her downfall.


Exactly because people WILL get sick of her.


People are already sick of her, but she still has fans. The reason it will be her downfall, first because of the exhaustion she's sure to put herself through, secondly because her focus is on quantity, not quality, and that will reflect in her future professional endeavours.
Image
pcdfan1
Banned
Posts: 6093
Joined: 08 Dec 2008, 05:59
Gender: Male
Custom Title: Banned

Re: Gaga Plans Record Breaking World Tour, 450 Dates!!

Postby pcdfan1 » 05 Dec 2011, 10:27

Brandamn wrote:People are already sick of her,


I have noticed this too.But o ok.
Image
Paul!
Posts: 3219
Joined: 28 Jun 2007, 18:42
Gender: Male
Custom Title: 18...13...9..5..2.0
Country: Netherlands
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Contact:

Re: Gaga Plans Record Breaking World Tour, 450 Dates!!

Postby Paul! » 06 Dec 2011, 16:32

Brandamn wrote:
pcdfan1 wrote:
Brandamn wrote:I don't understand why she is so preoccupied with breaking records. It'll be her downfall.


Exactly because people WILL get sick of her.


People are already sick of her, but she still has fans. The reason it will be her downfall, first because of the exhaustion she's sure to put herself through, secondly because her focus is on quantity, not quality, and that will reflect in her future professional endeavours.

She's nearing 11 Million views with Marry the night (after 4 days), has one of the biggest selling albums of the year. a mega successful tour plus so much more going on - I can't exactly understand your argument of people getting sick of her. It's true that she skyrocketed into popheaven a few years ago, but she is still going strong. Just because her singles are not selling too well doesn't mean she's less popular. Obviously artists lose fans on the way, that happens to any artist. And to say that it will affect her future career is just plain guessing. People have said that about Britney, Christina, heck, any artist that had a massive first album/single in the past. There is no way to predict the future that quickly.
Image
pcdfan1
Banned
Posts: 6093
Joined: 08 Dec 2008, 05:59
Gender: Male
Custom Title: Banned

Re: Gaga Plans Record Breaking World Tour, 450 Dates!!

Postby pcdfan1 » 06 Dec 2011, 22:07

Paul! wrote:She's nearing 11 Million views with Marry the night (after 4 days), has one of the biggest selling albums of the year. a mega successful tour plus so much more going on - I can't exactly understand your argument of people getting sick of her. It's true that she skyrocketed into popheaven a few years ago, but she is still going strong. Just because her singles are not selling too well doesn't mean she's less popular. Obviously artists lose fans on the way, that happens to any artist. And to say that it will affect her future career is just plain guessing. People have said that about Britney, Christina, heck, any artist that had a massive first album/single in the past. There is no way to predict the future that quickly.


Im gonna re-read this in 10 more years.
Image
Paul!
Posts: 3219
Joined: 28 Jun 2007, 18:42
Gender: Male
Custom Title: 18...13...9..5..2.0
Country: Netherlands
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Contact:

Re: Gaga Plans Record Breaking World Tour, 450 Dates!!

Postby Paul! » 06 Dec 2011, 22:45

pcdfan1 wrote:
Paul! wrote:She's nearing 11 Million views with Marry the night (after 4 days), has one of the biggest selling albums of the year. a mega successful tour plus so much more going on - I can't exactly understand your argument of people getting sick of her. It's true that she skyrocketed into popheaven a few years ago, but she is still going strong. Just because her singles are not selling too well doesn't mean she's less popular. Obviously artists lose fans on the way, that happens to any artist. And to say that it will affect her future career is just plain guessing. People have said that about Britney, Christina, heck, any artist that had a massive first album/single in the past. There is no way to predict the future that quickly.


Im gonna re-read this in 10 more years.

Good, cause only THEN we will be able to say something about the longevity of her career.
Image
pcdfan1
Banned
Posts: 6093
Joined: 08 Dec 2008, 05:59
Gender: Male
Custom Title: Banned

Re: Gaga Plans Record Breaking World Tour, 450 Dates!!

Postby pcdfan1 » 06 Dec 2011, 22:46

Paul! wrote:Good, cause only THEN we will be able to say something about the longevity of her career.


Correct, but I do see what Brandamn is talking about.
Image
User avatar
Brandamn
Posts: 20732
Joined: 28 Mar 2006, 10:09
Gender: Male
Country: Canada

Re: Gaga Plans Record Breaking World Tour, 450 Dates!!

Postby Brandamn » 07 Dec 2011, 05:00

Paul! wrote:
Brandamn wrote:
pcdfan1 wrote:
Brandamn wrote:I don't understand why she is so preoccupied with breaking records. It'll be her downfall.


Exactly because people WILL get sick of her.


People are already sick of her, but she still has fans. The reason it will be her downfall, first because of the exhaustion she's sure to put herself through, secondly because her focus is on quantity, not quality, and that will reflect in her future professional endeavours.

She's nearing 11 Million views with Marry the night (after 4 days), has one of the biggest selling albums of the year. a mega successful tour plus so much more going on - I can't exactly understand your argument of people getting sick of her. It's true that she skyrocketed into popheaven a few years ago, but she is still going strong. Just because her singles are not selling too well doesn't mean she's less popular. Obviously artists lose fans on the way, that happens to any artist. And to say that it will affect her future career is just plain guessing. People have said that about Britney, Christina, heck, any artist that had a massive first album/single in the past. There is no way to predict the future that quickly.


People are getting sick of her. Case in point: Me. My point with my side of that argument is that people are already getting sick of her and that hasn't stopped her.

However, if Lady Gaga continues to focus all of her energy on being the best there ever was, not only is she going to lose focus of what's gotten her to where she is today, she is going to wear herself out. Yes, look at Britney. Look what happened to her when she was at the top. She fell. HARD. And Britney is one of the few who ever managed to overcome that, and even 3 years later, she's still not 100%. Look where Christina's at right now. Look where Michael Jackson ended up. Look at Lindsay Lohan. Hell, three of the Spice Girls came out of the group with an eating disorder. Do you think Lady Gaga, a self-proclaimed drug-user, is going to be spared from that?
Image
User avatar
Katie Spice
Posts: 6865
Joined: 15 Nov 2007, 05:42
Gender: Female
Custom Title: FAME HOOKER
Country: United_States
Location: NYC
Contact:

Re: Gaga Plans Record Breaking World Tour, 450 Dates!!

Postby Katie Spice » 07 Dec 2011, 10:51

I would strongly disagree with her being about quantity above quality.
Image
pcdfan1
Banned
Posts: 6093
Joined: 08 Dec 2008, 05:59
Gender: Male
Custom Title: Banned

Re: Gaga Plans Record Breaking World Tour, 450 Dates!!

Postby pcdfan1 » 07 Dec 2011, 21:47

Katie Spice wrote:I would strongly disagree with her being about quantity above quality.


Im sure you would, but its true. She is about trying to break records. And that seems to be her "thing?"
Image
Paul!
Posts: 3219
Joined: 28 Jun 2007, 18:42
Gender: Male
Custom Title: 18...13...9..5..2.0
Country: Netherlands
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Contact:

Re: Gaga Plans Record Breaking World Tour, 450 Dates!!

Postby Paul! » 08 Dec 2011, 01:18

Once again it's impossible to argue against you two. You state your opinions as if they're facts, and quite frankly I've had enough of it. Ugh when has fandom turned into a freaking everlasting debate? I feel like I constantly have to defend myself for being a Gaga fan :Dizzy:
Image
pcdfan1
Banned
Posts: 6093
Joined: 08 Dec 2008, 05:59
Gender: Male
Custom Title: Banned

Re: Gaga Plans Record Breaking World Tour, 450 Dates!!

Postby pcdfan1 » 08 Dec 2011, 02:28

Paul! wrote:Once again it's impossible to argue against you two. You state your opinions as if they're facts, and quite frankly I've had enough of it. Ugh when has fandom turned into a freaking everlasting debate? I feel like I constantly have to defend myself for being a Gaga fan :Dizzy:


Again its a forum. Thats how I FEEL. Its not facts. Its my opinion. If you have had enough of it, dont reply to what I have to say. :shrug:
Image
User avatar
Brandamn
Posts: 20732
Joined: 28 Mar 2006, 10:09
Gender: Male
Country: Canada

Re: Gaga Plans Record Breaking World Tour, 450 Dates!!

Postby Brandamn » 08 Dec 2011, 09:39

Paul! wrote:Once again it's impossible to argue against you two. You state your opinions as if they're facts, and quite frankly I've had enough of it. Ugh when has fandom turned into a freaking everlasting debate? I feel like I constantly have to defend myself for being a Gaga fan :Dizzy:


Bah. I had a carefully worded response to this, but I walked away to make a sandwich and my session timed out. All gone. So to sum up:

- Please stop using the opinion vs. fact debate. For the most part, those of you who use that debate should be educated enough to know that there are other ways a person can express a thought than by fact or opinion. A prediction, for example, isn't a fact, but it's not quite opinion. It's a middle grey area. I would appreciate it if in the future, when you read a statement by me that makes you think to yourself 'there is no possible way he could know that for sure', please give me the benefit of the doubt and understand that I know the difference between fact and opinion and I was probably trying to enhance my point by omitting the "I think" or "In my opinion". (:

- I hate to use the cliché argument, but in this case it's true. Fandom turned into an everlasting debate when the forum was created. Essentially, by clicking the "Register" button, you threw your hat in the proverbial ring. And you go in for another round every time you hit "submit".

- As a long-time Britney fan, I get the feeling of having to constantly defend yourself. It's something that comes with the territory of being a fan of a pop superstar. Especially one with the personality of Gaga. But you shouldn't be defending yourself anyways. Your fanship is not being challenged.
Image
pcdfan1
Banned
Posts: 6093
Joined: 08 Dec 2008, 05:59
Gender: Male
Custom Title: Banned

Re: Gaga Plans Record Breaking World Tour, 450 Dates!!

Postby pcdfan1 » 08 Dec 2011, 09:51

Brandamn wrote: And you go in for another round every time you hit "submit".
Image
User avatar
Brandamn
Posts: 20732
Joined: 28 Mar 2006, 10:09
Gender: Male
Country: Canada

Re: Gaga Plans Record Breaking World Tour, 450 Dates!!

Postby Brandamn » 08 Dec 2011, 10:08

pcdfan1 wrote:
Brandamn wrote: And you go in for another round every time you hit "submit".


You quoting me like that is giving my post a tone that I completely did not intend. I'm not trying to start shit or be antagonizing in anyway. It was a harmless metaphor.
Image
User avatar
Joanhs
Posts: 6154
Joined: 06 Dec 2007, 18:42
Gender: Female
Country: Denmark

Re: Gaga Plans Record Breaking World Tour, 450 Dates!!

Postby Joanhs » 08 Dec 2011, 14:42

gaga is still making quality (for some, not for me, but I do respect people like her music).. But I do understand the quantity side of it. She is just doing it because she feel she needs to, and because others have done it.

I think she should wait to do it after 4th album. And I'm soo tired of hearing the "house of gaga came up with"... they come up with everything!
Image
pcdfan1
Banned
Posts: 6093
Joined: 08 Dec 2008, 05:59
Gender: Male
Custom Title: Banned

Re: Gaga Plans Record Breaking World Tour, 450 Dates!!

Postby pcdfan1 » 08 Dec 2011, 21:41

Brandamn wrote:You quoting me like that is giving my post a tone that I completely did not intend. I'm not trying to start shit or be antagonizing in anyway. It was a harmless metaphor.


I know you're not tying to start anything, neither am i, HOWEVER If I agree with something Im gonna quote it. Point blank.
Image
SpiceWonderland
Posts: 4750
Joined: 12 Jul 2008, 23:52

Re: Gaga Plans Record Breaking World Tour, 450 Dates!!

Postby SpiceWonderland » 15 Dec 2011, 12:10

Joanhs wrote:"house of gaga came up with"...

It's HAUS of GaGa (monster-SLAP)! heehee
JubileeRoad
Posts: 12229
Joined: 28 Jul 2004, 09:43
Gender: Male
Custom Title: SUPERfan
Country: United_States

Re: Gaga Plans Record Breaking World Tour, 450 Dates!!

Postby JubileeRoad » 21 Dec 2011, 10:03

Brandamn wrote:
Paul! wrote:I hate to use the cliché argument, but in this case it's true. Fandom turned into an everlasting debate when the forum was created. Essentially, by clicking the "Register" button, you threw your hat in the proverbial ring. And you go in for another round every time you hit "submit".

- As a long-time Britney fan, I get the feeling of having to constantly defend yourself. It's something that comes with the territory of being a fan of a pop superstar.



How about you just like that music? Thats an idea.... shocking.
pcdfan1
Banned
Posts: 6093
Joined: 08 Dec 2008, 05:59
Gender: Male
Custom Title: Banned

Re: Gaga Plans Record Breaking World Tour, 450 Dates!!

Postby pcdfan1 » 21 Dec 2011, 10:54

Hardcore fan of ANYONE= Having to defend them sometimes.
Image

Return to “Lady Gaga”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest