The Saturdays

General discussion | 1 topic per artist | Old music forums are in the "Archive" section at the bottom for further reference (read only)
Copester
Custom Title: GEOFFERS

The Saturdays

Postby Copester » 19 Mar 2008, 16:50

From left to right Frankie, Rochelle, Una, Vanessa, and Mollie!

Coming in the nick of time to save pop music and bring it back to the forfront are “The Saturdays”, a new up and coming five-piece British girl band. The group consists of the two former S Club 8 members Frankie Sandford (19) and Rochelle Wiseman (19), as well as Mollie King (21), Una Healy (26) and Vanessa White (18). The group are signed to Fascination Records (a division of Polydor), and were first seen and gained a following as a support act for Girls Aloud on their Tangled Up Tour in Spring 2008. Their debut single, "If This Is Love", is set to be released physically on July 28th 2008, with their second single (supposedly either Keep Her or Issues) to follow in the fall with their album coming in October.

In this thread, feel free to discuss or talk about anything “Team Saturdays”! Let the fun commence!

P.S. Here are some great links for those of you just getting into them……………..

http://www.thesaturdays.co.uk/ (Their official website)

http://www.myspace.com/thesaturdays (Their official Myspace page)

http://www.the-saturdays.co.uk/ (A great up to date fan site to check out)
Last edited by Copester on 16 Jun 2008, 22:42, edited 4 times in total.
Kawai
Custom Title: Girls Aloud Lover

Re: O/T : New girlband touring with Girls Aloud.........

Postby Kawai » 19 Mar 2008, 16:52

Yeah I've read that too.
Copester
Custom Title: GEOFFERS

Postby Copester » 19 Mar 2008, 16:58

I'd be interested in finding out what group PJ was saying Frankie and Rochelle were previously in..anyone know?
Jay
Mod

Postby Jay » 19 Mar 2008, 17:00

Oh, can't wait... I liked S Club 8.

Another girl from S Club 8 is in another girl group I think, can't remember what they're called.
GENERATION NEXT

Postby GENERATION NEXT » 19 Mar 2008, 17:29

isnt it from above that daisy is in jay

and rochelle is in another band who are signed to universal

and frankie is supposed to be working on a solo album
Farrah
Custom Title: Hooch is Crazy

Postby Farrah » 19 Mar 2008, 17:35

They aint got shit on girls aloud :p sorry ive always wanted to say that!! LOL...im so sad!! haha!!
Drake <3
Sweat pants, hair tied, chillin with no make-up on. That's when you're the prettiest, I hope that you don't take it wrong.
wildhope
Previous username(s): crashworld

Postby wildhope » 19 Mar 2008, 17:45

Wow. Rochelle and Frankie.
I used to adore S Club Juniors/8's music. Very fantastic. Too bad they have split up.
bossanova_baby
Custom Title: Professional Nobody

Postby bossanova_baby » 19 Mar 2008, 18:07

Daisy was in From Above or something awful.

But cool. They sound quite good.
I'll beep my horn for you.
Jamie

Postby Jamie » 19 Mar 2008, 20:45

omg Frankie and Rochelle together! They were friends before SCJ/8 as well, can't keep them apart! I may message Frankie on MySpace and see what she says.
Jay
Mod

Postby Jay » 19 Mar 2008, 20:46

Funny to think that S Club Juniors had racked up three #2 hits and a Top 5 album before Girls Aloud even existed. And years later, two of them are supporting GA on tour.
Jamie

Postby Jamie » 19 Mar 2008, 20:52

Jay wrote:Funny to think that S Club Juniors had racked up three #2 hits and a Top 5 album before Girls Aloud even existed. And years later, two of them are supporting GA on tour.

I can't believe how long ago that was :(
I actually miss SC8 even now, they had so much potential. If they'd just released Turn The Lights On after Don't Tell Me You're Sorry, maybe The Saturday's wouldn't exist.
Sangroku

Postby Sangroku » 19 Mar 2008, 20:59

i still think some of SC8 or SCJ songs were really good, i loved New Direction a LOT, as well as Fool No More and Sundown, all fantastic songs.
Jay
Mod

Postby Jay » 19 Mar 2008, 21:04

Just Jamie wrote:
Jay wrote:Funny to think that S Club Juniors had racked up three #2 hits and a Top 5 album before Girls Aloud even existed. And years later, two of them are supporting GA on tour.

I actually miss SC8 even now, they had so much potential. If they'd just released Turn The Lights On after Don't Tell Me You're Sorry, maybe The Saturday's wouldn't exist.

Was any reason given / Is any reason known as to why SC8/J just fizzled out as a pop group? They did that Avalon Heights show (awful, imo, apart from the saving grace of a shirtless Calvin Goldspink scene :p) and then just.... stopped :(
bossanova_baby

Postby bossanova_baby » 19 Mar 2008, 21:38

They tried again with Avalon Heights but I think they just didn't bother to try again after that didn't work.

I have to admit, I love One Step Closer, Automatic High, Sundown and Don't Tell Me You're Sorry.
c9r7o5

Postby c9r7o5 » 19 Mar 2008, 21:44

I thnk this is going to be interesting, I hope they do well.
Last edited by c9r7o5 on 19 Mar 2008, 21:51, edited 1 time in total.
c9r7o5

Postby c9r7o5 » 19 Mar 2008, 21:46

Jay wrote:
Just Jamie wrote:

Was any reason given / Is any reason known as to why SC8/J just fizzled out as a pop group? They did that Avalon Heights show (awful, imo, apart from the saving grace of a shirtless Calvin Goldspink scene :p) and then just.... stopped :(

Nope, 19 never gave an official announcement about why did S Club 8 split up :( Don't Tell Me You're Sorry was just perfect and it only reached number 11 mainly because it was released at the wrong time (end of 2003/beginning of 2004) however it was the time when pop started to fade away so Simon decided to get a stronger fanbase by giving S Club 8 the chance of having their own kids telly show... however he ruined it all by adding 5 more members and changing the name to I*Dream..the album is nice and it would've been a nice 3rd Sclub 8 album but again Simon ruined it al by making Cavin & Frankie's song the lead song and not allowing the other members to promote the song. But it was obivous that S Club 8 wouldn't last that much..S Club fans were not happy wit them 'cos they thought they were trying to copy S Club (S Club created them :dizzy: ).

I still miss them.. imo Sundown was a perfect album! nowadays Stacey (the one wih the best voice) has done some modeling and she was supposed to be 2007's R&B summer sensation but for an unknown reason her material wasn't released, Frankie recorded 2 solo songs durin her emo stage and supposedly she was going to release solo album but again this was never achieved, Rochelle was part of a band called TigerLilly's but they never did any promotion and disbanded, Hannah an Jay have been keeping a low profile, Daisy is in a girl band called From Above; they shot a cheap video in which they looked a bit slutty but they haven't announced plans for a single release, Aaron is a proffesional dancer and Calvin got role in a telly show calleed Life is Wild, the show was aired in the UK and the US however it flopped in the US despite a little promotion on some girl's mags anwlel Calvin is workign on a solo album as well.
BambooBanga
Custom Title: strikematchlightfire

Postby BambooBanga » 19 Mar 2008, 22:25

Frankie and Calvin were always my faves!
Jay
Mod

Postby Jay » 19 Mar 2008, 22:31

^ Same :D

^^ Thanks for the info, interesting. Ahh yes I knew of Calvin on that show, purely for the shirtless scenes. (Yes you may be sensing a pattern to my replies about Calvin, lol).
Last edited by Jay on 19 Mar 2008, 22:41, edited 1 time in total.
[Carl]

Postby [Carl] » 19 Mar 2008, 22:40

Stacey from S Club 8 walked into me in Blackpool once. It was the week 'One Step Closer' was released, and was a defining moment in my life.
Sangroku

Postby Sangroku » 19 Mar 2008, 22:43

almost all of S Club 8 hits were recycled for the American Juniors, but the AJ were complete shit
wildhope
Previous username(s): crashworld

Postby wildhope » 19 Mar 2008, 23:15

Just Jamie wrote:

"Turns The Lights On" is a DAMN good song. I love the performance they did on "Blue Peter" if I'm not wrong.
I would love them to release "Sail On Through", that song is so good.
My fav members are Hannah, Frankie and Aaron.
Actually most of them grew up to be quite good-looking teenagers.
And I must say "Don't Tell Me You're Sorry" video is freaking good. I love the dance they did in the video.
bossanova_baby

Postby bossanova_baby » 20 Mar 2008, 00:22

Jay wrote:^ Same :D

^^ Thanks for the info, interesting. Ahh yes I knew of Calvin on that show, purely for the shirtless scenes. (Yes you may be sensing a pattern to my replies about Calvin, lol).

Oooh Jay. We already know you're a ho. :hug:
c9r7o5

Postby c9r7o5 » 20 Mar 2008, 01:05

wildhope wrote:
Just Jamie wrote:

"Turns The Lights On" is a DAMN good song. I love the performance they did on "Blue Peter" if I'm not wrong.
I would love them to release "Sail On Through", that song is so good.
My fav members are Hannah, Frankie and Aaron.
Actually most of them grew up to be quite good-looking teenagers.
And I must say "Don't Tell Me You're Sorry" video is freaking good. I love the dance they did in the video.

I agree with you 100%, "Turn The Lights On" performance on Blue Peter is amazing lol I still remember the dance steps and again Don't Tell Me You're Sorry vid is great haha and yes.. I know the dance routine as well, lol everytime I listen to it my sister and I start to dance :oops:
Joe
Custom Title: says hello

Postby Joe » 20 Mar 2008, 02:07

Frankie was always hot, in a non-paedophilic way :oops: It's OK now though, she's legal.
P3t3y313

Postby P3t3y313 » 20 Mar 2008, 09:20

Talk about the old days. Stacey and Daisy should've been in the group too. I always thought that Hannah didn't do much for the group; even her solos weren't great on the albums. I guess they just wanted a blonde in the group... well Daisy wasn't blonde at that time. But yeah, S Club 8 had some really great pop vocals from Frankie, Daisy and Rochelle. Stacey has more of the powerhouse diva voice. Oh boy did Calvin's voice change when he hit puberty. Aaron is okay. Jay had the best voice out of the boys. Too bad his looks were overshadowed by Calvin and Aaron.

Return to “Music”