The Saturdays

General discussion | 1 topic per artist | Old music forums are in the "Archive" section at the bottom for further reference (read only)
Javi
Custom Title: f.k.a. IER

Re: The Saturdays

Postby Javi » 07 May 2016, 16:41

Vomiting Porpoise wrote:Both of whom were household names when they went solo, the average music consumer won,t be able to name molly or any of the Saturdays except maybe the employed who watch rachelle on This Morning x

I know, my comment was more related to the vocal part, not the relevance.
-If you really bug me, then I'll say goodbye.
Dom

Postby Dom » 17 May 2016, 15:49

VOICE Of Ireland judge Una Foden and other members of The Saturdays are to share in a windfall of €1.57m.

This follows the group moving to liquidate their performance firm, Day and Night Ventures Ltd and to share the spoils from their pop career to date.

Ms Foden was one of five band members in the Saturdays and is set to receive around €314,000 before tax following the wind-up of the firm.

The liquidation is being overseen by Limerick based accountant to the stars, Alan McEvoy of Livewire Business Management (LBM).

Day and Night Ventures Ltd’s declaration of solvency lodged with Companies House in the UK show that it had £67,777 in cash at the bank and £1.23m in other assets.

After the estimated £10,000 in relation to the costs of liquidation and £52,601 in corporation tax are taken into account, the estimated surplus for the firm after paying debts is £1.242m.

Last year, the Thurles native moved to scotch rumours that the girl band had broken up. In a press interview, the Voice of Ireland judge said: “We’re not splitting up, we’re just going on a little bit of a hiatus.”

The 34-year-old mother of two added: “We just feel that we’ve got to that point where we’re kind of taking a little step back and focusing on other things that we might want to personally pursue. We definitely plan to get back together and do more stuff in the future.”

However, the liquidation of the band’s firm is the firmest indication yet that the band is no more.

The band members do however have the option of setting up a new firm if they do decide regroup and record again.

A niece of singer, Declan Nerney, Ms Foden studied to be a primary school teacher and a nurse before concentrating on her musical career.

During their career, the Saturdays enjoyed eight top ten hits and three top ten album hits with their debut single peaking at number 8 in the UK.

In total, the band have sold four millions singles in the UK and Ireland. In the Summer of 2014, The Saturdays released their greatest hits album quickly following it up with a greatest hits live tour.

LBM also counts One Direction, Boyzone and Ronan Keating as clients and Mr McEvoy was recently appointed a director to One Direction’s 1D Media Ltd following the resignation of Niall Horan, Harry Styles, Louis Tomlinson and Zayn Malik as directors from the firm.

http://www.thesun.ie/irishsol/homepage/ ... -firm.html

Guess they're over then.
schizophonic_spice

Postby schizophonic_spice » 17 May 2016, 16:24

I'm kind of ok with them being over as they gave us a lot over 6 years. Much more than you would expect from a girlband who released numerous flop albums. And a great greatest hits to end it all on aswell.

Roll on the super flop solo music ladies.
Javi

Postby Javi » 17 May 2016, 16:42

Yeah, most acts would've been fired after the 'Wordshaker' failure, or after the 'On Your Radar' failure, or after the 'Living For The Weekend' failure. So to finally break up after their 4th flop album (the GH), it's quite an achievement.

I can't say I miss them at the moment, but I do believe I will miss them sooner or later.
forever_spice_boy01
Custom Title: i like boys

Postby forever_spice_boy01 » 27 May 2016, 04:47

THE SATS ICONIC IMPACT

Tiger
Custom Title: AKA Joe

Postby Tiger » 28 May 2016, 02:52

It just annoys me that the sun says they only had 8 top 10 hits
[Dan]

Postby [Dan] » 01 Jun 2016, 15:20

This is super random but does anyone know why there are no good quality versions of the Just Can't Get Enough video anywhere? The official Vevo one is 360p and looks terrible.

Has anyone ever seen a good quality one? If so where?!
Dave87

Postby Dave87 » 02 Jul 2016, 10:29

I've just started to listen to more of their music. Living For The Weekend is a really underrated album.
Javi

Postby Javi » 03 Jul 2016, 16:35

Living For The Weekend was an average mess. it was like a bunch of songs thrown in together with no proper thought. The singles were good and some album tracks were too, but half of the album sounded like rejects from 'On Your Radar'. And they took so long to release it... It was a joke that being released to late, we had already heard half of it and the other half wasn't that good to start with.
schizophonic_spice

Postby schizophonic_spice » 03 Jul 2016, 17:50

I don't mind most of Living for the Weekend but it's nowhere near the quality of On Your Radar which was easily their peak with a good overall sound that suited them.

It was a stupid decision to wait until October to release it aswell had they released it on the back of What About Us I think it would've sold better and had a higher peak possibly top 3.

On Your Radar was the same and should've followed All Fired Up.
Charmingspice5
Custom Title: Show Me Love

Postby Charmingspice5 » 03 Jul 2016, 20:12

I still enjoy Living For The Weekend. Not their best album but I still enjoy it. I listen to 'Disco Love' & 'You Don't Have The Right' on an almost daily basis.

I agree they released this too late, had they released this on the back of What About Us it undoubtedly would've done better than it did. Same with On Your Radar. They always release their albums too late in the year and they suffered as a result. Headlines for example was released in the summer and was their highest charting release and sold better then every other release apart from their Debut album.
Dom

Postby Dom » 03 Jul 2016, 21:15

I still stand by my original opinion in that What About Us was a complete fluke, and I think the album would have suffered a similar fate had it been released off the back of it. What harmed them ever more was following up with Gentlemen, when they were sitting on Not Giving Up.

The album is easily their weakest, mainly because it sounds so cheap (aka The Jam tracks). I only go back to What About Us, Disco Love, Not Giving Up, Lease My Love, 30 Days, Somebody Else's Life & Wildfire.
Jamie

Postby Jamie » 03 Jul 2016, 23:13

Chasing Lights > Headlines > Wordshaker > Living For The Weekend > On Your Radar
Vomiting Porpoise

Postby Vomiting Porpoise » 03 Jul 2016, 23:48

A rotten weasel carcass > the entire saTURDays discography x
Dave87

Postby Dave87 » 04 Jul 2016, 01:04

Living For The Weekend is the only album of theirs I've listened too all the way through. Not much of their music is available in America. Just LFTW and Chasing The Saturdays Ep on iTunes. I've went on YT and listened to all their singles. I like most of them (Up, Issues, All Fired Up, Work) but I admit I don't know much about their other albums.
Tiger
Custom Title: AKA Joe

Postby Tiger » 05 Jul 2016, 01:06

Dom wrote:What harmed them ever more was following up with Gentlemen, when they were sitting on Not Giving Up.

This all the way!! Although saying that seeing Richelle heavily pregnant during that video or even the promo wouldn't have worked at all!... Not that it worked for Gentleman either but at least NGU is a better song.

Album wise On Your Radar is the best overall. I could listen to any OYR album track and be happy to do so. I would rather rip my ears off than listen to certain Wordshaker or LFTW album tracks
tommie

Postby tommie » 05 Jul 2016, 09:18

Gentleman is one of the singles of theirs that I actually *love*.

It's barmy and bold.

I dislike Not Giving Up (on being BLAND)
kamel

Postby kamel » 18 Aug 2016, 22:02

Frankie will be on celeb trolls on ch 5

Frankie Bridge of The Saturdays is on a mission to track down internet trolls whose abuse devastates the lives of their victims. With the help of expert investigators, she tracks and exposes the trolls and holds them accountable for their actions.
HermeSpice
Custom Title: Hot n Cold

Postby HermeSpice » 18 Aug 2016, 22:17

Mmmmm I'll watch the first one. But I've got a feeling it'll be trash tv at its worst lol
addicted2you

Postby addicted2you » 29 Aug 2016, 05:10

Unas single is called Stay My Love and is a duet with Sam Palladio, and it's coming "soon".
Dave87

Postby Dave87 » 11 Sep 2016, 01:59

https://instagram.com/p/BKLuNz9gXCS/

The girls all got together for a friend's wedding. They look great. :inlove:
schizophonic_spice

Postby schizophonic_spice » 11 Sep 2016, 03:11

They look great wonder if they'll ever do anything as a group again.
addicted2you

Postby addicted2you » 12 Sep 2016, 08:03

Frankie and Vanessa looking amazing !
Charmingspice5
Custom Title: Show Me Love

Postby Charmingspice5 » 12 Sep 2016, 13:32

All five of them look stunning :inlove:
I do miss them. I hope they'll do something together again sometime in the future.
Jamie

Re: The Saturdays - REUNION QUITE CONFIRMED

Postby Jamie » 10 Nov 2016, 19:14

The Saturdays are reuniting! ...in 2027.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-n ... ry-9234823

Return to “Music”