Lady Gaga

General discussion | 1 topic per artist | Old music forums are in the "Archive" section at the bottom for further reference (read only)
UnusualChris

Re: Lady Gaga

Postby UnusualChris » 06 Feb 2017, 11:09

Haven't been a Gaga fan for years but credit where credit's due, that was an incredible performance! Plus she gets bonus points for including that Dance In The Dark sample at the start. :love:
Filip

Postby Filip » 06 Feb 2017, 11:38

And we have a new Little Monster:

@piersmorgan:
Very few pop stars have the voice AND theatre game to crush a Superbowl #HalftimeShow like @ladygaga tonight. Incredibly impressive. #SB51

:D
Filip

Postby Filip » 06 Feb 2017, 12:09

SB 51 Performance on Youtube/Vevo:

And the first Joanne World Tour dates are finally announced:
August 01 - Vancouver, BC
August 03 - Edmonton, BC
August 05 - Tacoma, WA
August 08 - Los Angeles, CA
August 11 - Las Vegas, NV
August 13 - San Francisco, CA
August 15 - Sacramento, CA
August 19 - Omaha, NB
August 21 - St. Paul, MN
August 23 - Cleveland, OH
August 25 - Chicago, IL
August 28 - New York, NY
September 01 - Boston, MA
September 04 - Montreal, QC
September 06 - Toronto, ON
September 10 - Philadelphia, PA
September 15 - Rio De Janeiro, BR
September 22 - Barcelona, Spain
September 24 - Zurich, Switzerland
September 26 - Milan, Italy
September 29 - Hamburg, Germany
October 01 - Antwerp, Belgium
October 03 - Amsterdam, Netherlands
October 06 - Paris, France
October 09 - London, UK
October 15 - Birmingham, UK
October 17 - Manchester, UK
October 21 - Copenhagen, Denmark
October 23 - Stockholm, Sweden
October 26 - Berlin, Germany
October 28 - Cologne, Germany
November 05 - Indianapolis, IN
November 07 - Detroit, MI
November 10 - Uncasville, CT
November 13 - Louisville, KY
November 15 - Kansas City, KS
November 16 - St. Louis, MO
November 19 - Washington, DC
November 20 - Pittsburgh, PA
November 28 - Atlanta, GA
December 01 - Tampa, FL
December 03 - Houston, TX
December 05 - Austin, TX
December 08 - Dallas, TX
December 09 - Oklahoma City, OK
December 12 - Denver, CO
December 14 - Salt Lake City, UT
Blond Pharaoh

Postby Blond Pharaoh » 06 Feb 2017, 17:09

The Performance was so Epic :love: But Madonna performance still my fave :p
TeddyBear
Custom Title: hit the lights

Postby TeddyBear » 06 Feb 2017, 19:08

what was that boring thing she sang in the middle

i don't think it was a very great performance, her live voice kills (in a bad way) her songs
mattz10101
Custom Title: SpiceUpYourLife.

Postby mattz10101 » 06 Feb 2017, 20:57

Performing Million Reasons in the middle killed her momentum. She should have used that space for another up tempo
PeruvianSpice

Postby PeruvianSpice » 06 Feb 2017, 22:33

I LOVED this performance!

She killed ita nd sounded perfect live!
Jamie

Postby Jamie » 06 Feb 2017, 23:06

Kamcio wrote:I want Melanie C to do the Super Bowl next year! Please visit her forum for further details :)

lol
Alexpc

Postby Alexpc » 07 Feb 2017, 00:41

She should have done it in 2011 or 2012 when she was in her prime and her songs were current. In 2017 her good music is starting to sound like classics or "oldies", and her current music is boring.

Her last album Joane is dull and doesn't sound like the Gaga the world is expecting. She didn't live up to the expectations because she is not that showgirl Gaga anymore, and the current "dull Joane" persona she is now is not suitable for a Superbowl performance, so she was caught in the middle.

Her costumes were random and soulless (No seal, any other popstar could wear them), she didn't have any guest, her body is not in the best shape and almost every song she performed was 6 to 9 years old.

It was not bad, but it would've been better had it happened a few years ago.
spicefreak
Custom Title: Enjoy the show

Postby spicefreak » 07 Feb 2017, 01:26

Alexpc wrote:She should have done it in 2011 or 2012 when she was in her prime and her songs were current. In 2017 her good music is starting to sound like classics or "oldies", and her current music is boring.

Her last album Joane is dull and doesn't sound like the Gaga the world is expecting. She didn't live up to the expectations because she is not that showgirl Gaga anymore, and the current "dull Joane" persona she is now is not suitable for a Superbowl performance, so she was caught in the middle.

Her costumes were random and soulless (No seal, any other popstar could wear them), she didn't have any guest, her body is not in the best shape and almost every song she performed was 6 to 9 years old.

Wow everything about this comment is just hideous :nono:

I'm not even the biggest Gaga fan tbh but I cannot deny she killed it. :music:
SpiceWonderland

Postby SpiceWonderland » 07 Feb 2017, 14:50

After watching it, here's my adjusted dream setlist:

God Bless America/This Land Is Your Land (with Tony Bennett)
Intro
Poker Face
Telephone (with Beyoncé - Houston IS her hometown, and she's done TWO halftime shows recently)
Just Dance
Million Reasons (with Elton John - HE WAS ALREADY THERE)
Born This Way/Express Yourself (with Madonna)
Bad Romance
Born This Way acapella (encore with all guests)
Filip

Postby Filip » 08 Feb 2017, 11:35

SpiceWonderland wrote:After watching it, here's my adjusted dream setlist:

God Bless America/This Land Is Your Land (with Tony Bennett)
Intro
Poker Face
Telephone (with Beyoncé - Houston IS her hometown, and she's done TWO halftime shows recently)
Just Dance
Million Reasons (with Elton John - HE WAS ALREADY THERE)
Born This Way/Express Yourself (with Madonna)
Bad Romance
Born This Way acapella (encore with all guests)

My dream set list: I'd scrap the America intro for the Edge of Glory piano intro before she jumps down to do Poker Face. I agree with Telephone with Beyonce, but since she wasn't there, I'd rather she did Applause instead. Just Dance, Million Reasons with Elton would be great, but BTW/EY is a big no - has been done on Madonna's tour, and Madonna's lip syncing would be so weird next to Gaga's amazing live voice. Bad Romance ending was epic, wouldn't change that for anything.

Having said that, I still think Gaga's show was the best ever, Madonna's was visually better, but not singing live totally ruined it for me. Also, having too many guests that were so in at the time ie. LMFAO :puke: and choosing to sing that horrendous Give Me All Your Lovin' while having so many huge hits is beyond me. :confused:
TeddyBear
Custom Title: hit the lights

Postby TeddyBear » 08 Feb 2017, 15:10

Filip wrote:Gaga's amazing live voice

whaaaaat??? :confused:
Dom

Postby Dom » 08 Feb 2017, 15:26

I'm pretty sure Gaga would had to fight to sing live, as due to the logistics of the Super Bowl, artists are told to lip sync. I didn't see last years, but from what I remember, Madonna, Katy & Beyoncé all lip synced.

She did give a good performance, the whole set up for Just Dance made me all nostalgic.
Jamie

Postby Jamie » 08 Feb 2017, 21:27

She just dropped a video for John Wayne.

She runs over a dog in the video.
VodkaMouth

Postby VodkaMouth » 09 Feb 2017, 00:53

The video has been released only on Apple Music so far so it keeps being deleted on Youtube, but I watched and loved it! :love: And the song is great. Feels like a weird 3rd single though, God knows if it is the new single or if she just recorded a video for it for some reason.
Last edited by VodkaMouth on 09 Feb 2017, 01:05, edited 1 time in total.
Javi
Custom Title: f.k.a. IER

Postby Javi » 09 Feb 2017, 01:00

The video is fantastic. Like going back to her 'The Fame' roots (being eccentric but not pushing it too hard). It would've been better with less camera changes though. It almost made me sick towards the middle with so many images flashing so fast.

The ending was great and I liked the way the three videos are chained (something that seems to end with this video unless she starts again a new one with the pink cowboy outfit in the middle of the road).

It's one of my fav songs on the album so I'm glad it has a video (and a good one at last this era!). 'Sinner's Prayer' or 'Come To Mama' next please.

I did notice the dog thing and I expect a big backlash coming at her soon because of that. Wouldn't be surprised if that scene is edited before the video is properly released on Vevo.
-If you really bug me, then I'll say goodbye.
VodkaMouth

Postby VodkaMouth » 09 Feb 2017, 01:09

^ I hope she doesn't change it, to be honest, people have become waaay too sensitive. Dogs get killed in movies CONSTANTLY. And let's not forget she, together with Beyoncé, killed dozens of people in the 'Telephone' video' and I don't remember there being a backlash for it. Popstars have been doing wrong things in music videos for ages now.
Alexpc

Postby Alexpc » 09 Feb 2017, 06:47

spicefreak wrote:
Alexpc wrote:She should have done it in 2011 or 2012 when she was in her prime and her songs were current. In 2017 her good music is starting to sound like classics or "oldies", and her current music is boring.

Wow everything about this comment is just hideous

I know, right? The truth is really hideous sometimes.
Filip

Postby Filip » 09 Feb 2017, 10:24

^ Yes, because your opinion is the ultimate truth... :rolleyes:

Anyways, I need to re-watch the John Wayne video in slow motion, so much stuff is happening so very fast!
I even missed the dog being run over! :grin:

So happy she's back working with Jonas Åkerlund, their videos are always epic! :love:
addicted2you

Postby addicted2you » 09 Feb 2017, 13:41

Alexpc wrote:
spicefreak wrote:

Wow everything about this comment is just hideous

I know, right? The truth is really hideous sometimes.

Are you fucken kidding? When has anyone actually pulled off a live performance as good as this in recent years?
And for the record her body is actually looking good so not sure why you feel the need to even mention that, completely irrelevant to her performance.
SpiceWonderland

Postby SpiceWonderland » 09 Feb 2017, 14:28

I wish she did more, but given that it's the Super Bowl and not one of her tours, I think she made the right choices.
PeruvianSpice

Postby PeruvianSpice » 09 Feb 2017, 19:51

I think that even if her status isn't as it used to be, she came across really good and it actually might've helped to put her a Little back up again.

She was AMAZING
Narrator
Custom Title: elephant in the room

Postby Narrator » 09 Feb 2017, 22:03

A lot of striking images in the John Wayne video, but who the fuck edited it? I get wanting to make it dynamic/fast, but there's not a single shot that lasts over 3 seconds, it's too much!

Jamie

Postby Jamie » 09 Feb 2017, 23:09

She clearly supports animal cruelty by showing a dog being run over in this video. Not a good start to a campaign.

Return to “Music”