Shania Twain

General discussion | 1 topic per artist | Old music forums are in the "Archive" section at the bottom for further reference (read only)
Tiiger

Shania Twain

Postby Tiiger » 17 Oct 2011, 21:06

I thought this amazing woman needed a topic of her own.

Shania. She's my favourite singer of all time - can't really express how much this woman and her music means to me.
She's there when I cry. She's there when I laugh. Forever and for always. :oops:

I know there are more fans of Shania on DenDen. So, let's discuss everything Shania in here.
HermeSpice
Custom Title: Hot n Cold

Re: Shania Twain

Postby HermeSpice » 17 Oct 2011, 22:25

i haven't heard of her for a while?? what is she up to these days??? i bought her greatest hits when it came out, and also have a dvd with the music videos... she used to be huge in brazil... but where is she now??
Tiiger

Postby Tiiger » 17 Oct 2011, 22:40

Where do I start? She lost her voice. She lost her husband. Basically everything went downhill.

This year she released her biography, which was great. It's a great read even if you're not the biggest fan. She also came back with a TV-show which "resulted" in a new song called Today Is Your Day, it's a beautiful track written solely by Shania.

She revealed a few months back that she will be doing shows at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas in 2012.

No news on a new album yet. Can't believe it's almost been 10 years since Up! Get on with it Shania!! :cry:
HermeSpice

Postby HermeSpice » 18 Oct 2011, 17:43

I'm glad you said about the single. I didn't know that. So went to iTunes and got it. Quite nice message and melody. It made me think of Mel b's today for a bit lol. I quite like shania. She is beautiful and is very talented. Was she guest judging on American idol last year? I think I saw her on the adverts her in uk
Tiiger

Postby Tiiger » 18 Oct 2011, 18:02

TIYD is a beautiful song indeed, but I much prefer the version she sings/plays in her TV-show which is more guitar based. Slightly more Jason Mraz-ish. I think it could have been even better with that sort of production.

This is more what I wanted it to sound like...

Yup, she was a guest judge on American Idol. :)
Brandamn

Postby Brandamn » 19 Oct 2011, 04:31

I love Shania! My first proper concert was her Come On Over tour. I think she's fantastic, and I love how her music is always so optimistic. I'm not a big fan of TIYD, to be honest, but I'm really looking forward to her Caesar's Palace gig. I will definitely be making a special trip down to Vegas for that.
Tiiger

Postby Tiiger » 19 Oct 2011, 13:25

^ I want to go to Caesars too, but I still need to find someone to go with me. :$
Andreas
Custom Title: Alpha Male.

Postby Andreas » 19 Oct 2011, 18:46

Airbrushing suits her.
Tiiger

Postby Tiiger » 19 Oct 2011, 19:16

Sorry? What artist DOESN'T get airbrushed? You think it's her choice? :rolleyes:
Brandamn

Postby Brandamn » 22 Oct 2011, 23:37

Might as well post this here, since I did all the coding for it. Basically all of Shania's videos from Whose Bed through to I Ain't No Quitter. (Self-titled album videos not included)

SpiceWonderland

Postby SpiceWonderland » 25 Oct 2011, 06:23

I grew up on Shania Twain and Spice Girls. Shania was my first concert. It's devastating that she has to start ALL over when it comes to her music. She wrote her last three albums solely with her deadbeat (now-ex) husband. I hope she's doing ok nowadays. It was nice to hear from her again.
Tiiger

Postby Tiiger » 26 Oct 2011, 19:47

^ Shania's written music all of her life so I'm sure she knows what she's doing. Though one can't deny she and Mutt made magic together!
Brandamn

Shania Twain's Arrivals at Caesar's Palace

Postby Brandamn » 15 Nov 2012, 05:41

Shania Twain's arrival at Caesar's Palace is fit for Royalty

It was an arrival fit for a queen, and Shania Twain proved that she’s the reigning princess of country pop when she arrived on horseback for her official welcome at Caesars Palace this afternoon. In fact, the Canadian star followed a posse of 40 horses down a closed section of the Strip by the fountains at Caesars.

She laughed: “I could have gone riding all around town all day.” Caesars Palace President Gary Selesner quipped: “ I thought you were headed for the Mirage.” Shania added: “I am loving Las Vegas. We are being treated like gold. I am going to miss it whenever I take a break, and we haven’t even started the show yet.

“Our adrenaline is racing at the highest level. I am high on it. A lot of work is going into the show with new, never-before-seen elements. It’s going to be a very personalized show.”

It’s taken some 2 years since the first lunch to discuss a Las Vegas run to reach Shania’s Dec. 1 start of her 3-year residency deal. AEG chief John Meglen told me: “We are 75 percent loaded in with the show, and we are now working on the video projections and the computer automation. I’m really impressed with the sets. It all feels larger than life but at the same time very intimate, and that’s a tough thing to pull off.

[Read more]
Tiiger

Postby Tiiger » 16 Nov 2012, 23:12

Incredible. :love:

If only she would do a world tour instead of this silly Las Vegas thingie. They'd better bring out a DVD.
Brandamn

Postby Brandamn » 16 Nov 2012, 23:17

I'm just happy she's returning to performing. It's been 9 years since I last saw her in concert.
Tiiger

Postby Tiiger » 16 Nov 2012, 23:21

^ I'm happy too, of course. Las Vegas is just too far from Sweden. It's not really a trip I would do on my own. :(

Now if only she would return to the studio as well and give us some new music. It's 10 years since Up! was released. :cry:
Brandamn

Postby Brandamn » 08 Jan 2013, 06:34

Shania Twain Centre in Timmins may be sold; mayor says offer made to Goldcorp

TIMMINS, Ont. - Two Timmins, Ont., landmarks — the Shania Twain Centre and the city's Gold Mine Tour — may not be around much longer.

Timmins city council has approached Goldcorp Inc. to sell the buildings with a deal being finalized in the coming weeks.

Mayor Tom Laughren says the price of the sale and terms are not ready to be divulged, but says the deal could save the city around $300,000 annually.

Former manager of the Shania Twain Centre Tracy Hautenen says the city will continue to honour its mining heritage and honour Twain in smaller ways.

She adds that Twain, who grew up in Timmins, supports the sale.

Laughren says the Shania Twain Centre will remain open until the end of January 2013, after that any decision to demolish or reopen is up to Goldcorp.

"We went to Goldcorp with an offer and financially it made sense to sell the land as surplus. Council supports the deal and I full heartily support it as well."

Read more: http://www.calgaryherald.com/entertainm ... z2HM5pnO2w
Brandamn

Postby Brandamn » 18 Jan 2014, 07:10

Shania Twain and the Calgary Stampede announced yesterday that Shania will be performing her first and only (I believe) show outside of Las Vegas in over ten years at the Calgary Stampede on July 9, 2014.

I'm going to try SO HARD to go, but there's a huge possibility that I won't be able to. I've had so much bad luck with going to Stampede shows. I've had numerous tickets to shows - coincidentally all of which are scheduled for July 9 - and all have either been postponed or cancelled, including Kelly Clarkson in 2009 and Carly Rae Jepsen last year. I imagine tickets are going to go fast.
HermeSpice

Postby HermeSpice » 08 Oct 2014, 20:53

Come Back Shania!!! I wanna new music!!!
thanks for posting all the videos... I quite enjoyed watching them all over again, even though I've got the DVD lol
tiagohm

Postby tiagohm » 09 Oct 2014, 01:16

She recorded You're Still The One with brazilian singer Paula Fernandes
Emma Station |
SpiceWonderland

Postby SpiceWonderland » 09 Oct 2014, 03:14

Come On Over was played for a lot of road trips. One of the few albums I know most of the words to.
HermeSpice

Postby HermeSpice » 12 Oct 2014, 12:52

oh. I quite like that duet!!!
Thank you Tiago
I like Paula Fernandes a lot, but living in England don't really follow her as much... didn't even know about this song.
but why is she pronouncing her "S" like an "X" ??? sounds funny...
gonna check iTunes to see if it's available in the UK.
Jay
Mod

Postby Jay » 01 Mar 2015, 07:13

An announcement is forthcoming!

Tune in Wednesday morning to
Good Morning America
to hear the big announcement from Shania.

http://tour.shaniatwain.com/
HermeSpice

Postby HermeSpice » 01 Mar 2015, 10:13

Hopefully new single and album!!! It's been too long.
SpiceDreamer

Postby SpiceDreamer » 01 Mar 2015, 12:04

Could it really be a new album? I hope so!!!

Return to “Music”