Madonna

General discussion | 1 topic per artist | Old music forums are in the "Archive" section at the bottom for further reference (read only)
Javi
Custom Title: f.k.a. IER

Re: Madonna

Postby Javi » 06 May 2016, 09:32

^ agree with every single word.
-If you really bug me, then I'll say goodbye.
do-it

Postby do-it » 06 May 2016, 09:59

She's still got a great body and there's nothing wrong with her showing it off. But as people have already said, this outfit (and the whole look) just didn't work, and didn't look good.
Vomiting Porpoise

Postby Vomiting Porpoise » 06 May 2016, 19:48

The thing is if a young starlet turned up wearing this mess dress she would get slammed for looking like a desperate slapper, Madonna receives the justified criticism and plays the age card to get out of it. The only person being ageist here is Madonna herslef Image x
Vomiting Porpoise

Postby Vomiting Porpoise » 07 May 2016, 20:34

In yet another attempt to become relevant, Madonna posted a (hopefully fan-made) photoshopped picture of Gaga, Katy & herself. It wasn't long before fans became aware of the obvious edit and called Madonna out in the comments. Shortly after, Madonna deleted the photo.

Maybe Madonna was trying to recreate the picture the three took with each other at last year's Met Gala. It was also last year that Madonna hinted at a Gaga collaboration, saying: "I do think she [Gaga] is a very talented singer songwriter. It was just that one issue. And everybody’s obviously run with it and turned it into a huge feud, which I think is really boring, quite frankly. And you know what? I don’t care anymore. Here’s the thing: One day, everyone’s going to just shut up about it. You’ll see! I have a plan.”

Blond Pharaoh

Postby Blond Pharaoh » 24 May 2016, 00:01

Was the tribute good or what :shrug: I haven't seen it yet :D
Stas
Custom Title: straight forward

Postby Stas » 24 May 2016, 05:52

Blond Pharaoh wrote:Was the tribute good or what :shrug: I haven't seen it yet :D

Let's just say it's not a song for Madonna's vocal ability. Sinead O'Connor gave it a proper boost when she released it as a single. Maybe that's why she got Stevie Wonder on stage, he kind of saved her vocally. :adam:
Dom

Postby Dom » 24 May 2016, 08:27

I thought her performance was incredibly emotional, much better than the way she handled the Mj tribute. Maybe because she and Prince actually had a friendship. She was apparently talking to him weekly up until a week before his death.

People are so extra when it comes to Madonna these days.
[Dan]

Postby [Dan] » 25 May 2016, 01:17

I saw it before I'd read anything about it and thought it was really nice. Yes, she didn't deliver Whitney Houston vocals but a) why would you expect her to, that's never been what she's about, and b) that wasn't really the point. She wasn't there to stun everyone with her vocals and prove her talent. She was there to remember Prince and sing something for him, and I think lyrically it was a really nice choice of song, even if it wasn't one that he made famous.

I was going to say I can't believe the reaction people have had and the fuss that's been made about it, but that would be lying, it's Madonna, obviously people are going to jump on to any bandwagon they can to slate her as always these days. It's just gotten ridiculous. She could have given in to everyone's expectations of her and done something really showy and made it about herself and worn something outrageous and got all the press and she would have been crucified, so she does something tasteful and heartfelt and appropriate (sidebar: loved her Prince inspired outfit) and people still find a way to hate her for it. It's so aggravating and just sad really. She doesn't deserve the level of hatred she receives from people.
VodkaMouth

Postby VodkaMouth » 25 May 2016, 01:31

I actually think it's very disrespectful when people slag off an artist who is paying tribute to an artist that has passed away. I didn't think the performance was amazing or anything, but I seriously can't see why she has been so criticised for the performance.
rusty_nail

Postby rusty_nail » 25 May 2016, 06:04

^ agree with the last three posts on this.

I thought the emotion seemed genuine. Her vocals were just fine. She certainly didn't butcher the song. Not every tribute performance has to have Jennifer Hudson-level belting. The online proclamations of "shame on Madonna/Billboard/ABC/whatever" are a special kind of absurd.

I honestly think an inoffensive performance like that could've aired without much controversy 15 years ago. Our social networks kinda give a mouthpiece to weird mobs...and they're getting angry about dumber and dumber stuff. The petitions to stop the performance and the venomous reviews for this one have been so overboard.

She was qualified to do the tribute. She did it just fine. There will be more Prince tributes, I'm sure.
Vomiting Porpoise

Postby Vomiting Porpoise » 06 Jun 2016, 00:59

MADOnNA SLAYING RITE HErE

omg only a queen x
Vomiting Porpoise

Postby Vomiting Porpoise » 16 Sep 2016, 21:57

Silence is golden
Custom Title: AKA S.I.G

Postby Silence is golden » 19 Oct 2016, 14:20

Hey everyone. I'm selling a few rare Madonna CDs. They end tomorrow, no reserves, go check them out and see if I can tickle your fancy :-)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/bidderg85
Blond Pharaoh

Postby Blond Pharaoh » 17 Nov 2016, 18:38

Madonna is gonna do Carpool Karaoke
Glindathegood

Postby Glindathegood » 18 Nov 2016, 22:19

December is a big month for Madonna. Besides Carpool Karaoke, she is receiving an award from Billboard Magazine which will also have an intervew with her, the film of the Rebel Heart Tour is airing on Showtime in the US, and she is doing another acoustic Tears of the Clown gig for charity in Miami at Art Basel.
tommie

Postby tommie » 18 Nov 2016, 23:24

Stop trying to make Rebel Heart happen.

It's not gonna happen.
Glindathegood

Postby Glindathegood » 24 Nov 2016, 21:30

tommie wrote:Stop trying to make Rebel Heart happen.

It's not gonna happen.

It's the tv airing and DVD of the whole tour, not the album. It also includes performances of her older songs. She always releases all her tours on DVD.
KingOfSpiceWorld

Postby KingOfSpiceWorld » 24 Nov 2016, 22:22

It was her best album in years. Had some amazing songs. Great lyrics as always.
A pity it leaked and also that people don't buy her music anymore. Her album was better than the likes of spears, beyonces and swifts.
Can't wait to watch the concert. She always gives the best shows!
Adam
Mod

Postby Adam » 24 Nov 2016, 23:49

^^ I agree. It was her best album since Confessions, perhaps her best since Ray of Light. It sadly isn't a consistent album - some fantastic and original songs like Body Shop and Devil Prays... But some absolute crap - Bitch I'm Madonna. I wish I had bothered to see her tour. She's an artist I have never seen, but would like to experience.
Mr.X
Custom Title: Xavier de Sousa

Postby Mr.X » 25 Nov 2016, 00:04

KingOfSpiceWorld wrote:It was her best album in years. Had some amazing songs. Great lyrics as always.
A pity it leaked and also that people don't buy her music anymore. Her album was better than the likes of spears, beyonces and swifts.
Can't wait to watch the concert. She always gives the best shows!

It was not as good as Lemonade, thats for sure, but yes it was her best in a while. I love her concerts, she always pulls it off though and she totally deserves more credit than what people give her.
KingOfSpiceWorld

Postby KingOfSpiceWorld » 25 Nov 2016, 00:29

Haven't heard lemonade. But it was a better album from "Beyoncé"
I think Madonna is more of a legend now. Like she's a museum (not due to her age, don't get me wrong, maybe it's a wrong comparison) of music. People want to visit, love the exhibitions but don't care enough to buy the souvenirs no matter how good they are.
Jamie

Postby Jamie » 25 Nov 2016, 00:30

Adam wrote:some fantastic and original songs like Body Shop

Adam
Mod

Postby Adam » 25 Nov 2016, 00:48

You can keep it overnight
You can do whatever you like
Working overtime
Working on the line