Little Mix

General discussion | 1 topic per artist | Old music forums are in the "Archive" section at the bottom for further reference (read only)
schizophonic_spice

Little Mix

Postby schizophonic_spice » 09 Jan 2012, 00:06

Some unconfirmed news on their album

Little Mix album 'to have Jessie J and Tulisa duets, spring release'

X Factor winners Little Mix will reportedly duet with mentor Tulisa Contostavlos and Jessie J on their debut album.

Sources claim that the girl band - individually known as Jesy Nelson, Perrie Edwards, Jade Thirlwall and Leigh-Anne Pinnock - are hoping to record the collaborations as soon as possible so they can release their first record in a matter of months.

"Little Mix are in talks with both Jessie and Tulisa about the album," an insider told the Daily Star. "It is not yet known how they will feature but it's likely they will appear on separate tracks.

"The plan is to release their album as early as spring if they can get enough good songs together. They want to capitalise on their momentum ASAP and release an early summer album before giving it another big push on the X Factor live shows in October."

Bosses at Little Mix's label Syco apparently wanted the three acts to form a supergroup for an album track, but this was scrapped due to Jessie J's desire to record her own team-up with Contostavlos for her next LP.

I hope this happens and they release the album earlier, having Jessie J and Tulisa on the album would be a great selling point aswell.
Jay
Mod

Re: Little Mix

Postby Jay » 09 Jan 2012, 01:26

I really hope so! They'd be much better off releasing another single + the album well in advance of the next X Factor series.
schizophonic_spice

Postby schizophonic_spice » 09 Jan 2012, 22:31

Jay wrote:I really hope so! They'd be much better off releasing another single + the album well in advance of the next X Factor series.

Very true the days of waiting a full year and expecting success are over now for X Factor winners.

btw Cannonball has spent its 4th week at number 1 in Ireland and is currently at #15 in the UK
schizophonic_spice

Postby schizophonic_spice » 11 Jan 2012, 15:36

More news

The band, who perform at tomorrow night’s Asda Tickled Pink concert at the O2 Shepherd’s Bush Empire, have spent the first part of the year recording on the south coast where they are writing tracks with top collaborators, Richard “Biff” Stannard and Labrinth.

And they’ve even nabbed the services of a songwriter who penned one hit that means a lot to all of them.

Jade Thirlwall, 19, reveals: “We’re working with Andrea Martin who wrote En Vogue’s song Don’t Let Go. It’s so cool. I hope she likes our version.”

Perrie, 18, adds: “We’re going a bit urban, old school with a bit of pop. We wanna bring back old school harmonies. And Jesy beat-boxes and Leigh-Anne raps, so we’re trying out different things.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/201 ... z1j98E5PlL

:)
IconicSpice

Postby IconicSpice » 11 Jan 2012, 21:45

I do like these girlies a lot, they all have great vocals, it just a shame their with cowell he's using them to get at Simon fuller by trying to make them bigger than the spice girls to get one over on hi old rival, which may happen with the amount of exposure they have had, but saying that the spice girls have sold 75 million and girls aloud have sold about 3 million, the Saturdays have only sold about 1.3 million, so its very unlikely that puts it in perspective but lets hope they do well :)
Jay
Mod

Postby Jay » 12 Jan 2012, 00:27

Girls Aloud & The Saturdays have sold more than that. These are their combined albums/singles sales in the UK:

Girls Aloud - 8,000,000+ [4.0m singles | 4.0m albums]
The Saturdays - 3,200,000+ [2.55m singles | 0.68m albums]

The UK is the only major market for those two groups. They have Irish sales too, but Irish sales aren't public knowledge. Girls Aloud are said to have sold 10 million "worldwide" in their press releases so perhaps they've sold about 2 million records in Ireland therefore.

UK only...

Spice Girls - 12,500,000+ [7.5m singles | 5.0m albums]
IconicSpice

Postby IconicSpice » 13 Jan 2012, 02:02

i dont think little ix will be able to crack the us, not with this reality show relaunching the pussycat dolls with new members
Charmingspice5
Custom Title: Show Me Love

Postby Charmingspice5 » 14 Jan 2012, 08:39

I really hope Little Mix do well, I like them!
schizophonic_spice

Postby schizophonic_spice » 14 Jan 2012, 16:48

Some videos from the Tickled Pink concert

[youtube=FsY5tCS3JGM&context=C35afe61ADOEgsToPDskKXjkEVUMH-byMdVhgrXzPr][/youtube]

[youtube=NmrpgX5kXLU&context=C3f5ec71ADOEgsToPDskK0JmyF2BdzWk-dGlB_ggUK][/youtube]
Jamie

Postby Jamie » 15 Jan 2012, 22:29

I really dislike their name.
schizophonic_spice

Postby schizophonic_spice » 16 Jan 2012, 00:59

Jessie J writing songs for 'X Factor' winners Little Mix

Jessie J is reportedly writing tracks for Little Mix's debut album.

The 'Who You Are' singer helped mentor the X Factor winners at Judges' Houses and will now contribute material to the band's upcoming record, the Sunday Mirror reports.

Speaking at the Brits Nominations Launch, Jessie J ­told the paper: "I'd love to write for them as they're great girls and have brilliant voices."

Speaking of her own material, she added that she's been influenced by Adele for her second album: "She's ­inspired me to admit that I'm having a bad day and that's okay," she said.

It was recently reported that Little Mix will have duets with Jessie J and X Factor mentor Tulisa Contostavlos on their debut album, which is due for release in the Spring.

Yay love Jessie J :)
schizophonic_spice

Postby schizophonic_spice » 29 Jan 2012, 00:11

[youtube=QBrWMVyrZjU&feature=player_embedded][/youtube]

[youtube=5_0lApIkx8g&feature=player_embedded][/youtube]
schizophonic_spice

Postby schizophonic_spice » 23 Feb 2012, 20:41

What do you make of their new look? in particular Jesy

IconicSpice

Postby IconicSpice » 25 Feb 2012, 12:23

Perrie looks very elegant as does Jade, but what on earth is with Jesy, no, no, no, she looks just like Geri, they cant base their whole career on the spice girls they need to find their own little thing which makes them original and popular, and Leigh-Ann looks lovely, oh and I just noticed Perrie is donning union jack boots! :despise:
Jay
Mod

Postby Jay » 26 Feb 2012, 03:45

Jesy doesn't look like Geri at all, why do you think that? Just because she has red hair? :x

I think it's an improvement. It makes me realise that it was her blonde hair that wasn't doing her many favours, and this colour suits her far better. Dark hair in general is the way forward for her I reckon.

Overall I think their image is becoming messy, clothes wise. They were complimenting each other with their style prior to now, but not so much lately. It's a visual eyesore. I hope they hone their image before the next single.
Jamie

Postby Jamie » 27 Feb 2012, 19:00

Jay wrote:Jesy doesn't look like Geri at all, why do you think that? Just because she has red hair? :x

Duh! Geri founded the colour red!
schizophonic_spice

Postby schizophonic_spice » 14 May 2012, 21:16

Their new single its supposedly called "Wings" , they co wrote it and it will be heard in a few weeks :)

It apparently has number 1 written all over it!
schizophonic_spice

Postby schizophonic_spice » 01 Jun 2012, 13:08

New singles artwork

Out July 22nd and available to pre order on itunes now. The song is previewed tonight on Alan Carrs chat show.

Not the best artwork (the 4 symbols thing is cute though)
Charmingspice5
Custom Title: Show Me Love

Postby Charmingspice5 » 04 Jun 2012, 01:00

I agree I like the 4 symbols on the Cover, will keep an eye out for this.
RadioMix
Custom Title: I Even Smiled

Postby RadioMix » 04 Jun 2012, 20:36

Want to hear "Wings" Now!!! :P
schizophonic_spice

Postby schizophonic_spice » 11 Jun 2012, 17:10

Wings release has been pushed back :(

Little Mix delay release of new single 'Wings'

Little Mix have delayed the release of their first single proper by a month.

The girl group were due to release new single 'Wings' in the UK on July 22. However, a listing for the song on their official store now says it will be available from August 19.

A physical edition of 'Wings' will follow the next day on August 20, while their debut album has been handed an expected release date of September 3 by online store Amazon.

If Little Mix's first studio album is released in September, it would mark the first time since 2007 that an X Factor winner hasn't released their record following a performance on the first X Factor live show in October.

The quartet revealed that they co-wrote their new single 'Wings' and have contributed to the rest of their album.

Little Mix recently signed a joint deal with toymaker Vivid and music merchandiser Bravado to release a range of dolls in time for Christmas.

I hope this all works out for them.
tommie

Postby tommie » 11 Jun 2012, 19:50

Well, Queen Siobhán Donaghy likes the song at least:

Lady Lloyd ‏@DJLadyLloyd
@RobCopsey goddess Siobhan Donaghy has heard it and says its aaaaahmazing like destinys child ! I can't wait.
Dom

Postby Dom » 11 Jun 2012, 20:44

It wasn't mentioned in this thread, but it was supposed to debut on radio today too.
Veli
Custom Title: The Piccie King

Postby Veli » 27 Jun 2012, 19:54

I want to hear some stuff from them so badly. It worries me that they're with Simon. But at the same time I know people like them so hopefully they'll play their cards right.

I'm excited and nervous at the same time. I really want them to succeed. :oops:
schizophonic_spice

Postby schizophonic_spice » 28 Jun 2012, 23:35

Little Mix announce new single 'Wings' premiere date

Little Mix have announced the radio premiere of their new single 'Wings'.

The group will officially unveil the track on Monday on BBC Radio 1 after their first live performance of the song at T4 on the Beach on Sunday, July 1.

In a message on their official Soundcloud page, Leigh-Anne Pinnock said: "We're just signing the sleeves for our new single 'Wings'," while Perrie Edwards admitted: "It feels so weird seeing our single cover in real life. It's weird."

Jesy Nelson added: "I also can't wait for our single to come out. The first radio play is on Monday guys!"

'Wings' marks the band's second track following their X Factor winner's single 'Cannonball', which topped the charts last Christmas

The song, which was originally due for release on July 22, will now be available to download on August 19.

FINALLY

Can't wait to hear it :)

Return to “Music”