Loreen

General discussion | 1 topic per artist | Old music forums are in the "Archive" section at the bottom for further reference (read only)
Stas
Custom Title: straight forward

Re: Loreen

Postby Stas » 26 Feb 2017, 14:04

Powerful song and performance. I want the new album already. :evil:
Hannes84
Custom Title: ChiariWarrior

Postby Hannes84 » 28 Feb 2017, 23:07

Amazing song and performance. And she isn't out, like some of you think. Next week she'll qualify for the finals. And it isn't unheard of to win the finals from Second Chance. It happened in 2013 the last time ;) I have to say I do think she is a very bold and brave person for presenting such a piece of art, a heavy package on stage and at Melodi. But then again, she has always done her own thing, and hasn't care about what the companies want her to do. With her voice and talent, she could dominate the world with music. But she does what she wants. And I've come to realize, that's a good thing.
Last edited by Hannes84 on 01 Mar 2017, 14:05, edited 1 time in total.
I often look upon the stars, darling. Which one's yours?
Hannes84

Postby Hannes84 » 01 Mar 2017, 13:47

tommie wrote:Pretty blah entry and she tried to re-heat success. Good riddance!

I think Nano with Hold On is going to win and deservedly so.

I think you've forgotten it was Loreen, who made Sweden relevant in Eurovision again. The same applies for Swedish voters. If it were up to the international jury, she'd be in the finals and win it.

I also think, she wasn't trying to re-heat anything. She doesn't need to. She has fans around the globe. She did a live chat on FB last night and had 40k viewers instantly. Re-heat..what? Whether she will be chosen to ESC or not, really does not matter. This track is nothing like Euphoria, and she made it perfectly clear on several occasions waaaaaaaay before we ever got to hear it. She has moved on from that track, and so should you.

And she isn't gone, she will qualify for the finals this Saturday. Yes, the performance is more art than a musical performance, and yes it takes time to grow on you. But the lyrics and the explanation of the piece (directed by a very famous director) is online.
Hannes84

Postby Hannes84 » 02 Mar 2017, 14:59

A really sweet interview from today by wiwibloggs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUypXUu ... e=youtu.be

She has done more live feeds on FB and tomorrow she is taking over Warner Music Sweden's Instagram & Snapchat accounts :)
Hannes84

Postby Hannes84 » 03 Mar 2017, 11:41

Loreen just announced she will be releasing TWO albums this year. Chapter 1 will be released very soon, and Chapter 2 this fall. And she swore to it :D So her fans are in for a treat!
tommie

Postby tommie » 04 Mar 2017, 22:19

Loreen was just voted out in favour of Cute Guy.

I predicted this. We don't want "Statements" during Melodifestivalen - in general we just want carefree fun. I guess it's a credit to her for getting to Andra Chansen, to be fair.
Javi
Custom Title: f.k.a. IER

Postby Javi » 04 Mar 2017, 22:30

It's no wonder considering the song was beyond weak and the performance was a Sia rip-off.
-If you really bug me, then I'll say goodbye.
tommie

Postby tommie » 05 Mar 2017, 00:05

Loreen, the WITCH, refused to remove a reference to the lady with a purse (Swedish people know this) from her performance despite her son disapproving:

http://www.expressen.se/noje/melodifest ... -kritiken/

How rude of her!
Hannes84

Postby Hannes84 » 05 Mar 2017, 01:39

tommie wrote:Loreen, the WITCH, refused to remove a reference to the lady with a purse (Swedish people know this) from her performance despite her son disapproving:

How rude of her!

Erm why would she remove that, her son does not own the iconic picture. If it ever went to court it would be thrown out right away. You must be one of those idiots who voted for that cute guy just so Loreen wouldn't make it. The song goes "we don't need your statements", which makes it ANTI-political. And no, it's not a copy of everything. It's a piece of art. It's funny how the song was voted the best outta all of the tracks and the best lyrics of the year. I'm not saying something's fishy here, but something def is fishy here. Also the international polls showed Loreen to be a clear winner of the whole contest, so... Hypocrite Swedes doing everything they can to stop her. Well guess what? She's releasing TWO new albums this year. And she has tens of thousands of fans. So suck on that.

And Javi, Sia copy, are you serious? Because of two dance moves that are similar? Really.. LMAO
tommie

Postby tommie » 05 Mar 2017, 01:45

Hannes84 wrote:
tommie wrote:Loreen, the WITCH, refused to remove a reference to the lady with a purse (Swedish people know this) from her performance despite her son disapproving:

How rude of her!

Erm why would she remove that, her son does not own the iconic picture.

I was sort of taking the piss, but okay - don't you think you would take into account how someone's family would feel before using their image?

It's not the first or second time they've tried to use her image and her family have opposed - they clearly don't want the publicity or the public image being used. What's wrong with respecting that? Especially as you want to make "STATEMENTS"?

I doubt Loreen knew their mother.
Hannes84

Postby Hannes84 » 05 Mar 2017, 13:38

tommie wrote:
Hannes84 wrote:

How rude of her!

I was sort of taking the piss, but okay - don't you think you would take into account how someone's family would feel before using their image?

It's not the first or second time they've tried to use her image and her family have opposed - they clearly don't want the publicity or the public image being used. What's wrong with respecting that? Especially as you want to make "STATEMENTS"?

Ok, first things first: The song is called Statements, but she is actually singing we don't need no statements. It is a song about empowering individuals, using your own voice and influencing things happening around you by actions. It's about not needing a politician, or anyone else to tell you what to think or how to live your life. She said that she regrets she didn't name the song "No Statements", instead of "Statements", because people don't seem to understand what it's about.

Second, the image is public property. The woman's son does not own the rights to the image nor her actions. If he doesn't like what Loreen did it with, that is his problem. He has no rights on any of the stuff his mother did, so there's really nothing to discuss. We don't know how she would've reacted to Loreen's performance. I'm sure she would've been grateful for the homage. Iconic pictures, historical events and so on are public property and you don't need anyone's permission to replicate them in your work. When asked, Loreen told the interviewer that she feels sorry that the son doesn't appreciate how she is using the event in her performance but she is still keeping it, as it's an important part of the message and the performance.

In any case, the whole thing was fucked up. She was duelling with Anton, and the moment Anton stepped on the stage, that little heart thing that indicates how many votes it's getting went crazy and stayed like that through the whole performance. And this was the only song that got that reaction. Anton didn't get the same reaction before. I can see two possible explanations: 1) The negative presss about the performance affected public opinion and they dismissed Loreen, or most likely: 2) Wiktoria's fans wanted to ensure Loreen wouldn't get to the finals cause the international support for Loreen is huge and they have an international jury in the finals.
Last edited by Hannes84 on 05 Mar 2017, 13:45, edited 1 time in total.
tommie

Postby tommie » 05 Mar 2017, 13:41

So, basically, Loreen just likes to disrespect people's wishes.

OK.
Hannes84

Postby Hannes84 » 05 Mar 2017, 13:47

tommie wrote:So, basically, Loreen just likes to disrespect people's wishes.

OK.

Basically you're just trolling, cause you can't possibly be serious and that black and white with your thinking.
tommie

Postby tommie » 05 Mar 2017, 19:57

Hannes84 wrote:
tommie wrote:So, basically, Loreen just likes to disrespect people's wishes.

OK.

Basically you're just trolling, cause you can't possibly be serious and that black and white with your thinking.

Actually, I can be.

But if someone abused a picture of a relative I'd be pretty pissed.
spicefreak
Custom Title: Enjoy the show

Postby spicefreak » 05 Mar 2017, 21:14

Hannes84 wrote:
tommie wrote:
Hannes84 wrote:

How rude of her!

Ok, first things first: The song is called Statements, but she is actually singing we don't need no statements. It is a song about empowering individuals, using your own voice and influencing things happening around you by actions. It's about not needing a politician, or anyone else to tell you what to think or how to live your life. She said that she regrets she didn't name the song "No Statements", instead of "Statements", because people don't seem to understand what it's about.

Second, the image is public property. The woman's son does not own the rights to the image nor her actions. If he doesn't like what Loreen did it with, that is his problem. He has no rights on any of the stuff his mother did, so there's really nothing to discuss. We don't know how she would've reacted to Loreen's performance. I'm sure she would've been grateful for the homage. Iconic pictures, historical events and so on are public property and you don't need anyone's permission to replicate them in your work. When asked, Loreen told the interviewer that she feels sorry that the son doesn't appreciate how she is using the event in her performance but she is still keeping it, as it's an important part of the message and the performance.

In any case, the whole thing was fucked up. She was duelling with Anton, and the moment Anton stepped on the stage, that little heart thing that indicates how many votes it's getting went crazy and stayed like that through the whole performance. And this was the only song that got that reaction. Anton didn't get the same reaction before. I can see two possible explanations: 1) The negative presss about the performance affected public opinion and they dismissed Loreen, or most likely: 2) Wiktoria's fans wanted to ensure Loreen wouldn't get to the finals cause the international support for Loreen is huge and they have an international jury in the finals.

Or the public preferred the other guy and not Loreen. Your reaction is a tad strong shows your bias (along with your avatar and sig)...
Javi

Postby Javi » 05 Mar 2017, 21:24

^and you're surprised. He even denied the performance was a Sia rip-off when it clearly is, not just "some moves". Using a girl dancing like that for a performance is as much of a rip-off as singing backwards with a wig on. It's Sia's personal signature and she copied it, no matter if it was for 1 minute or 3.
Hannes84

Postby Hannes84 » 06 Mar 2017, 12:57

spicefreak wrote:
Hannes84 wrote:
tommie wrote:
Hannes84 wrote:Erm why would she remove that, her son does not own the iconic picture.

Or the public preferred the other guy and not Loreen. Your reaction is a tad strong shows your bias (along with your avatar and sig)...

I guess you're not from Sweden. The same guy who got all those votes did not get many votes at all in the previous semi finals. The Swedish media has already reported that people voted for him only to keep Loreen out. I'm not biased. I might be a fan, but I am also one of her biggest critics. As a fan of Spice Girls, you should know that. :music:
Hannes84

Postby Hannes84 » 06 Mar 2017, 12:57

Javi wrote:^and you're surprised. He even denied the performance was a Sia rip-off when it clearly is, not just "some moves". Using a girl dancing like that for a performance is as much of a rip-off as singing backwards with a wig on. It's Sia's personal signature and she copied it, no matter if it was for 1 minute or 3.

I think you need to check out who is the director of the performance, and maybe you'll be less biased with your opinion :) :dee: They're all Loreens, you dolt. lol. Having a wig on is not copywritten by sia? Okay then.
Javi

Postby Javi » 06 Mar 2017, 15:16

Hannes84 wrote:
Javi wrote:^and you're surprised. He even denied the performance was a Sia rip-off when it clearly is, not just "some moves". Using a girl dancing like that for a performance is as much of a rip-off as singing backwards with a wig on. It's Sia's personal signature and she copied it, no matter if it was for 1 minute or 3.

I think you need to check out who is the director of the performance, and maybe you'll be less biased with your opinion :) :dee: They're all Loreens, you dolt. lol. Having a wig on is not copywritten by sia? Okay then.

Wearing red hair and a Union Jack dress isn't copyrighted either and if someone went on stage to sing like that it would be seen as a geri rip-off. So the copyright comment makes no sense. And I don't care if Sia and Loreen share director (if that's what you're implying, I won't bother searching), it's still the same trademark idea Sia uses, therefor the general public sees it as a rip-off.
Andreas
Custom Title: Alpha Male.

Postby Andreas » 06 Mar 2017, 15:39

Anything that has to do with ESC is a rip off of commercially successful non-ESC acts. There's hardly been anything original coming out of the ESC the last 25 years.

And tbh, it's a bit sad and pathetic all these acts trying to repeat their ESC win (most of them coming from Sweden). You won once. Condragulations. You're not going to win again. Not even if your name is Carola. Two weeks after the finale the only people who gives a shit are the gays and the ones who read trashy Scandinavian gossip magazines.
Hannes84

Postby Hannes84 » 06 Mar 2017, 16:13

Andreas wrote:Anything that has to do with ESC is a rip off of commercially successful non-ESC acts. There's hardly been anything original coming out of the ESC the last 25 years.

And tbh, it's a bit sad and pathetic all these acts trying to repeat their ESC win (most of them coming from Sweden). You won once. Condragulations. You're not going to win again. Not even if your name is Carola. Two weeks after the finale the only people who gives a shit are the gays and the ones who read trashy Scandinavian gossip magazines.

Actually Statements was leading interntional polls and won several (best lyrics etc), so the problem is not Europe, it's Swedish voters. Cause that performance would've given Sweden another victory. Just saying.

Javi wrote:
Hannes84 wrote:

Wearing red hair and a Union Jack dress isn't copyrighted either and if someone went on stage to sing like that it would be seen as a geri rip-off. So the copyright comment makes no sense. And I don't care if Sia and Loreen share director (if that's what you're implying, I won't bother searching), it's still the same trademark idea Sia uses, therefor the general public sees it as a rip-off.

Sia's trademark is to have the wig covering her face. That was not the case with Loreen's performance. The purpose of wigs were to make the royal ballet dancers look like her. And the public response to her not qualifying for the finals has been mainly shocked and angry. It has made headlines, cause of the exceptional support the song has received on Twitter, FB and YT. So be careful, when you talk about "general public". Most of the Europe got it, Sweden clearly did not. Also, the song is currently on Spotify's Most Viral (GLOBAL) chart, which is another exceptional achievement for her.
Last edited by Hannes84 on 06 Mar 2017, 16:25, edited 1 time in total.
Andreas

Postby Andreas » 06 Mar 2017, 16:25

Hannes84 wrote:Actually Statements was leading interntional polls and won several (best lyrics etc), so the problem is not Europe, it's Swedish voters. Cause that performance would've given Sweden another victory. Just saying.

Sure. Just like you said it would win the 2nd chance and win the Swedish finale.
Hannes84

Postby Hannes84 » 06 Mar 2017, 16:26

Andreas wrote:
Hannes84 wrote:Actually Statements was leading interntional polls and won several (best lyrics etc), so the problem is not Europe, it's Swedish voters. Cause that performance would've given Sweden another victory. Just saying.

Sure. Just like you said it would win the 2nd chance and win the Swedish finale.

I was sure it would, like the rest of the Europe was. That's why. Swedish audience didn't like it. You can fact-check my statement (pun intented) easily using google. It was ESC fan favorite, and the response to it not qualifying has been overwhelming. That is also easy to fact-check. :)
Andreas

Postby Andreas » 06 Mar 2017, 16:27

And still it didn't. Funny how that happens.
Hannes84

Postby Hannes84 » 06 Mar 2017, 16:29

Andreas wrote:And still it didn't. Funny how that happens.

Yes, as I said. The Swedish audience did not like it. Rest of the Europe loved/loves it. Again, easy to fact-check. Polls are there, the winner of best lyrics of the year is there, the headlines about European ESC fans being upset is there, the twitter/insta/YT/FB feed is there. If you don't care to check, then don't comment.

Oops. Who's there climbing up from #10 to #9 on the Global charts? Yeah, nobody likes it. Only.... the fucking world.

Return to “Music”