Robyn

General discussion | 1 topic per artist | Old music forums are in the "Archive" section at the bottom for further reference (read only)
Jamie

Re: Robyn

Postby Jamie » 13 Jun 2013, 15:11

Madrigal
Custom Title: Sheerio

Postby Madrigal » 14 Jun 2013, 00:28

I love that she was on the Lonely Island's track. LOL :laugh:
Tiiger

Postby Tiiger » 15 Jun 2013, 11:33

The only good thing about that track is Robyn. :love:
*Rick*

Postby *Rick* » 16 Jun 2013, 01:53

Have you seen this? Freaky!

Last edited by *Rick* on 16 Jun 2013, 01:54, edited 1 time in total.
*Rick*

Postby *Rick* » 16 Jun 2013, 01:53

Sorry, double post :despise:

p.s.
I guess she unfortunately signed with interscope, she's on their website. This explains why she's doing this s*it :(
Body Talk pt. 3 was already distributed by them but now if she signed a deal means that she will be not anymore so much in control
and probably they will fill her videos with all those stupid illuminati symbols and make her sing tacky tunes
Veli
Custom Title: The Piccie King

Postby Veli » 16 Jun 2013, 09:32

That robot could totally join The Nekci Menij Show :D
Jamie

Postby Jamie » 18 Jun 2013, 23:23

Robyn built her own company to maintain control of her image, music, etc - she's not gonna give all that up.
Jamie

Postby Jamie » 22 Jun 2013, 04:00

Finally, an official music video for U Should Know Better.

*Rick*

Postby *Rick* » 22 Jun 2013, 16:29

Jamie wrote:Robyn built her own company to maintain control of her image, music, etc - she's not gonna give all that up.

Apparently she did with a new deal and that's also why they made a video for such an old song, they're using the cooperation with snoop dog to push her in the u.s. market.
I just hope that they will not interfere too much with her creativity .
Tiiger

Postby Tiiger » 30 Jun 2013, 21:34

I love 'U Should Know Better', I just don't like Snoop Dogg.

Wish she would release 'In My Eyes'. :love:
Tiiger

Postby Tiiger » 30 Jun 2013, 21:41

Btw, this should've been a big hit for Robyn. Such a pity it wasn't. :(

tommie

Postby tommie » 01 Jul 2013, 02:31

*Rick* wrote:
Jamie wrote:Robyn built her own company to maintain control of her image, music, etc - she's not gonna give all that up.

Apparently she did with a new deal and that's also why they made a video for such an old song, they're using the cooperation with snoop dog to push her in the u.s. market.
I just hope that they will not interfere too much with her creativity .

She's been working with Cherry Tree Records, a subsidary of Interscope, since she launched the Robyn era in the US. It's nothing new.

Like all her international deals she licenses the tracks through them via Konichiwa Records, meaning she has control and own the material.
BootyliciousJosh

Postby BootyliciousJosh » 01 Jul 2013, 04:21

Robyn knows how to milk an album. I mean "Robyn" was released in 2005 and was still putting out singles til, what, 2008?
tommie

Postby tommie » 01 Jul 2013, 13:44

In all honesty, I doubt this'll be pushed properly as a single - from what she says in the background video it seems like she just thought this was a cool concept and basically does stuff like this for the hell of it rather than having some sort of masterplan to take over the world. She's been working with Decida for a while now - apparently she also did the choreography for Call Your Girlfriend.
Jamie

Postby Jamie » 02 Jul 2013, 16:47

Quite good singer of song Robyn has ‘revealed’ that she’s only just started working on new music and that she’s not really sure what she’s going to do with it yet to be honest.
“I’ve started working again,” she confirmed to The Guardian. “I don’t know what it will be – it’s too early to say if it’s going to be an album, or an EP. I don’t even know if it’s going to be my own music. We shall see.”
:(
“I see people messaging me on my Twitter and sometimes I feel bad because I’m nowhere near finished with the album – it’s probably going to be a while before you hear anything new from me,” she continued, slowly breaking our hearts.
GET ON WITH IT.

Source: http://www.popjustice.com/thenews/robyn ... z2XtqKYTBx
Follow us: @Popjustice on Twitter | popjustice on Facebook
*Rick*

Postby *Rick* » 02 Jul 2013, 20:41

Jamie wrote: “I don’t know what it will be – it’s too early to say if it’s going to be an album, or an EP. I don’t even know if it’s going to be my own music. We shall see.”

Would be great if Mel C would contanct her to co-wite some songs instead of goin on pleasing housewives
Jamie

Postby Jamie » 02 Jul 2013, 23:10

*Rick* wrote:
Jamie wrote: “I don’t know what it will be – it’s too early to say if it’s going to be an album, or an EP. I don’t even know if it’s going to be my own music. We shall see.”

Would be great if Mel C would contanct her to co-wite some songs instead of goin on pleasing housewives

She's not even pleasing housewives.
*Rick*

Postby *Rick* » 23 Feb 2014, 20:07

She features on a track on Neneh Cherry's new album "Blank Project"
I like the whole album, Four Tet produced it and did a good job.
I admit I was a bit disappointed at the 1st listen of this track but now I really like it, it's definitely a grower.
Here's is the duet

https://soundcloud.com/smalltownsupersound/neneh-cherry-out-of-the-6

Jer

Postby Jer » 23 Feb 2014, 21:29

Robyn and her Konichiwa signed artist Zhala performed at the Grammis:

*Rick*

Postby *Rick* » 07 Apr 2014, 16:59

She's gonna tour with Royksopp this summer!

For more info:

http://doitaga.in/

I would like to see them again but I wish they book another date in Berlin because I'm not a big fan of festivals anymore. (They're gonna be at Melt festival)
kittie

Postby kittie » 08 Apr 2014, 00:23

Yeah, unfortunately they are doing only festivals here in Europe... :(
AcidBurn
Custom Title: Triple Goddess Three

Postby AcidBurn » 14 Apr 2014, 18:25

This. Is. So. Incredibly. Good. God. :love: :music:
BootyliciousJosh

Postby BootyliciousJosh » 14 Apr 2014, 22:00

^ Monument sounds astounding!!
kittie

Postby kittie » 14 Apr 2014, 22:11

This is going to be amazing!
BootyliciousJosh

Postby BootyliciousJosh » 14 Apr 2014, 22:55

Röyksopp and Robyn are proud to announce the release of the ‘Do It Again’ mini album, which will be released on 26th May 2014.

“This doesn’t sound like Röyksopp featuring Robyn or Robyn produced by Röyksopp, it’s just something else entirely, the word ‘collaboration’ has never before been more justified in the world of music!” — Röyksopp

“I’ve been going back and forth to Bergen to record and write with the Röyksopp boys up until recently. It started to feel more like a band thing than songs for a Röyksopp or Robyn album so we´re releasing this music together as a band you could say” — Robyn

1. Monument
2. Sayit
3. Do It Again
4. Every Little Thing
5. Inside The Idle Hour Club

You can now listen to a teaser of the first track on the mini-collection, “Monument” — and it sounds ENORMOUS already: “This will be my monument/This will be a beacon when I’m gone,” Robyn declares across the lush synth soundscape. What a statement piece!

And if that’s not enough to have you salivating, the song’s description should get you going even more: “A defining moment on the mini album in the shape of a near ten-minute long anthem, which was inspired by a sculpture from artist Juliana Cerqueira Leite, which gave Robyn a ‘physical experience of what it’s like to define yourself or stand for something or figure out who you are.’” TEN MINUTES LONG? Sounds utterly epic.

Actually, the entire description is gag-worthy. Via the press release:
‘Do It Again’ is the first single taken from the mini album and is an “accidental pop song” written after a night out together in Bergen. It is one of the most effervescent, effortlessly uplifting electro-pop tunes of recent years, and started life as a rave-inspired throwback. One of the first songs they started working on was ‘Every Little Thing’, the mini album’s tear-stained electro-ballad (key lyric; “baby, why you falter, when you know I’m waiting here”). Elsewhere, the ‘Do It Again’ mini album covers big thumping house in the shape of the club-ready ‘Sayit’, which features a near duet between Robyn and what sounds like an aroused robot. On the other end of the spectrum there is the closing ‘Inside The Idle Hour Club’, which utilises Robyn’s vocal discreetly to create a pensive, slowly evolving soundscape that’s worth diving headlong into.

Return to “Music”