Robyn

General discussion | 1 topic per artist | Old music forums are in the "Archive" section at the bottom for further reference (read only)
*Rick*

Re: Robyn

Postby *Rick* » 21 Jul 2014, 14:55

Mr.X
Custom Title: Xavier de Sousa

Postby Mr.X » 22 Jul 2014, 00:52

I saw Robyn this Saturday at Latitude Festival. She was fucking insanely good.

She was doing the Roykshopp + Robyn set (2h30mins) and a thunder storm was going through at the same time. The whole sky was lighting up and the stage was electrifying with pumping music, amazing stage presence and constant jumping around from the crowd.

Perfect.
Madrigal
Custom Title: Sheerio

Postby Madrigal » 22 Jul 2014, 03:07

Mr.X wrote:I saw Robyn this Saturday at Latitude Festival. She was fucking insanely good.

She was doing the Roykshopp + Robyn set (2h30mins) and a thunder storm was going through at the same time. The whole sky was lighting up and the stage was electrifying with pumping music, amazing stage presence and constant jumping around from the crowd.

Perfect.

Oh gosh, that sounds so amazing!
Jamie

Postby Jamie » 19 Jun 2015, 01:57

A new song has dropped today.

*Rick*

Postby *Rick* » 19 Jun 2015, 22:40

Jamie wrote:A new song has dropped today.

I was about to post it :D
It is not properly a new Robyn single but it's part of a one time group "La Bagatelle Magique".
She have been working during these years with two old friends of her, Markus Jägerstedt and Christian Falk who unfortunately passed away not a long ago.
They decided to finalize the tracks built up during these years to release an EP that will contain 5 or 6 tracks incl. "Set Me Free", "Lose Control", and the Arthur Russell cover "Tell You Today"

You can listen to "Tell You (Today)" here

And here a live performance of "Set Me Free"
Jamie

Postby Jamie » 20 Jun 2015, 01:44

Tell You (Today) was on a compliation a while back and it is crap but I'm sadly expecting that of her lately. Everything is so hit and miss.
*Rick*

Postby *Rick* » 20 Jun 2015, 03:34

Jamie wrote:Tell You (Today) was on a compliation a while back and it is crap but I'm sadly expecting that of her lately. Everything is so hit and miss.

Well I'm not very fond of it either but I'm still looking forward to have a new proper Robyn's album.
I like some of the songs she did with Royksøpp but you're damn right, it's enough with brief collaborations and EPs.
*Rick*

Postby *Rick* » 04 Dec 2015, 01:39

Oddly enough six months after his release it comes also "Love Is Free" video.
I understand that the song sound very 90's but even back this gap would have been odd :D
By the way it's a nice energetic videoclip, maybe she just found a promo deal?

here it is:

Jer

Postby Jer » 03 Mar 2016, 06:40

Swedish pop singer Robyn and Stockholm's Royal Institute of Technology (KTH) will bring back the Tekla festival, which aims to promote the inclusion of women in technology, Pitchfork reports.

The one-day event will take place April 9th at KTH and will be open to girls ages 11 through 18. This year's festival will feature 28 workshops and activities covering a variety of topics like space exploration, music production, game design, 3D printing, robot programming and protein purification. Robyn will also perform at the end of the festival as part of a DJ session with Swedish house/techno duo, Y+M.

After the success of last year's inaugural event, this year's Tekla festival will be open to 400 girls. Registration is free and runs from March 1st - 18th on the Tekla website. A complete description of the event and specific activities will be available at that time.

A video for the 2016 event offers a look at last year's workshops, and also features Robyn and KTH president Peter Gudmundson discussing the importance of closing the gender gap in the STEM fields (science, technology, engineering and mathematics). Robyn noted how important it was for girls to both explore these fields among each and see women working in technology in order to better visualize themselves following a similar path.

"Even when I started making music, it was very hard to find space as a girl to play around and make mistakes, or have a band with my friends, or find an environment that felt more comfortable where I could figure out things about what I really liked to do," Robyn said. She added: "When there are only girls in a room, girls tend to pick up a new instrument that they probably wouldn't play if there was a boy in the room."

Outside Tekla, Robyn remains at work on the follow-up to her three 2010 Body Talk albums. In 2014 she teamed with Röyksopp for an EP titled Do It Again.
via [url]www.rollingstone.com[url]
HermeSpice
Custom Title: Hot n Cold

Postby HermeSpice » 21 Mar 2017, 01:49

There was a short clip of a new song "honey" on tonight's episode of Girls!! Sounds amazing !!
Jer

Postby Jer » 21 Mar 2017, 02:44

LOVE what we've heard of 'Honey' :love: :love: :love:
tommie

Postby tommie » 21 Mar 2017, 16:22

Sadly, I think the biggest issue with Robyn is that she's given up on releasing albums essentially. That's why we whenever we get a decent song about three crap songs follow since she essentially just tends to release whatever she records with no intent on putting together a cohesive album.
Jer

Postby Jer » 22 Mar 2017, 16:39

tommie wrote:Sadly, I think the biggest issue with Robyn is that she's given up on releasing albums essentially. That's why we whenever we get a decent song about three crap songs follow since she essentially just tends to release whatever she records with no intent on putting together a cohesive album.

This song is from her upcoming follow up to Body Talk. She works with a lot of other artists on projects (Metromony, Röyksopp,La Bagatelle Magique), with which she has released full length albums, such as 'Do It Again' and 'Love is Free.' So no, she hasn't given up on albums, she just prefers to diversify who she works with and how she works as an active artist. I mean, after all she released 3 albums in the span of 1 year with Body Talk in 2010.

However, I think you mean Robyn as a contemporary pop, solo artist, to which you probably won't have to wait much longer. From what I hear the follow up to Body Talk should be out later this year :)

Return to “Music”