Harry Styles

General discussion | 1 topic per artist | Old music forums are in the "Archive" section at the bottom for further reference (read only)
kamel
Posts: 4505
Joined: 04 Aug 2009, 12:12
Gender: Male

Harry Styles

Postby kamel » 08 Apr 2017, 01:12

"Sign of the Times" by Harry Styles is available to buy and stream everywhere now


:music:
Image
User avatar
TeddyBear
Posts: 9826
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Gender: Male
Custom Title: hit the lights
Country: Turkey

Re: Harry Styles

Postby TeddyBear » 08 Apr 2017, 02:18

Who's he again?
Image
kamel
Posts: 4505
Joined: 04 Aug 2009, 12:12
Gender: Male

Re: Harry Styles

Postby kamel » 08 Apr 2017, 02:22

TeddyBear wrote:Who's he again?


From one Direction, the one with long hair :)
Image
Image
User avatar
TeddyBear
Posts: 9826
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Gender: Male
Custom Title: hit the lights
Country: Turkey

Re: Harry Styles

Postby TeddyBear » 08 Apr 2017, 02:28

Oh that fella... thanks :)
Image
Dave87
Posts: 1448
Joined: 19 Oct 2006, 21:26
Gender: Male
Country: United_States
Location: Cleveland , Ohio / USA

Re: Harry Styles

Postby Dave87 » 08 Apr 2017, 03:16

I like it. Different from what I expected him to do. I also thought Louis' solo single was good as well.
Image
User avatar
PeruvianSpice
Posts: 27137
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Country: Peru
Location: Lima, Peru
Contact:

Re: Harry Styles

Postby PeruvianSpice » 08 Apr 2017, 03:42

he used to be so cute...

now with that hair... eurgh
Image
User avatar
schizophonic_spice
Posts: 41702
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Location: Scotland, UK

Re: Harry Styles

Postby schizophonic_spice » 13 Apr 2017, 20:08

Album cover and track listing

out May 12th

Image
1."Meet Me in the Hallway"
2."Sign of the Times"
3."Carolina" 
4."Two Ghosts"  
5."Sweet Creature"  
6."Only Angel"  
7."Kiwi"  
8."Ever Since New York"  
9."Woman"  
10."From the Dining Table"
Image
Red Boy
Posts: 2664
Joined: 31 May 2005, 08:56
Gender: Male
Custom Title: On A Mission
Location: Home
Contact:

Re: Harry Styles

Postby Red Boy » 13 Apr 2017, 20:11

schizophonic_spice wrote:3."Carolina" 

:hum:
Image
Amaranthine18
Posts: 886
Joined: 17 Apr 2013, 14:25
Gender: Male

Re: Harry Styles

Postby Amaranthine18 » 14 Apr 2017, 08:44

Are 1D disbanded?
Image
tommie
Posts: 1664
Joined: 19 Nov 2008, 23:12

Re: Harry Styles

Postby tommie » 14 Apr 2017, 10:32

Amaranthine18 wrote:Are 1D disbanded?


They are "on hiatus", but we all know what that usually means....
User avatar
Jer
Posts: 18068
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Gender: Male
Country: Canada
Location: Vancouver
Contact:

Re: Harry Styles

Postby Jer » 14 Apr 2017, 18:42

I LOVE that album cover and I'm not even much of a fan. I like that he's gone down a 70s glam rock sounding route.
Dave87
Posts: 1448
Joined: 19 Oct 2006, 21:26
Gender: Male
Country: United_States
Location: Cleveland , Ohio / USA

Re: Harry Styles

Postby Dave87 » 15 Apr 2017, 03:54

Harry's grabbed his first solo UK number 1 knocking Ed Sheeran's Shape of you to number 2.
Image
spicefreak
Posts: 10570
Joined: 05 Oct 2005, 17:23
Gender: Male
Custom Title: Enjoy the show
Country: United_Kingdom
Location: Leeds

Re: Harry Styles

Postby spicefreak » 15 Apr 2017, 21:32

Just listened to it, I bloody love it :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

I was never a 1D fan, but deffo gonna be checking out his album.
Image
User avatar
Jay
Mod
Posts: 68332
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Gender: Male
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Harry Styles

Postby Jay » 15 Apr 2017, 23:04

I quite like the song, the chorus has been stuck in my head!

Interestingly Harry's sales weren't too impressive - 62,900 [39,428 from sales & 23,472 from streaming].

That's a lower weekly sale than Ed Sheeran's Shape of You achieved in all 13 of its weeks at #1 (he's at #2 this week, with 59,657). Harry couldn't have timed his single release any better!

Ed Sheeran's 13 weeks at #1:
Spoiler: show
226,808
139,595
119,658
105,456
95,632
90,428
82,770
144,385
140,647
106,286
83,722
73,823
65,882


Zayn's Pillowtalk achieved a first week sale of 112,497. (Note: prior to 2017, the streaming ratio was more favourable than it is now, with streaming counts being divided by 100 instead of 150... so for a more fair comparison, Zayn would have sold 95,924 equivalent to Harry's 62,900, with the "divided by 150" system. Or if we upgraded Harry's streaming units to the "divided by 100" system, it would be Zayn: 112,497 & Harry: 74,636. I hope that makes sense :p Regardless, Zayn's debut single performed better in week 1.)

On that note, Harry is lucky that streaming is divided by 150 these days, because that went in his favour. Under the "divided by 100" system, Ed would most likely have achieved a weekly sale of over 80,000 this week.

I would imagine that Harry's album will outperform Zayn's. 'Mind of Mine' reached #1, but with surprisingly low sales - 22,250. It's since been certified silver (for sales of over 60,000) but as of yet it's not managed gold (100,000+).

It's likely that Sign fo the Times will become the first single to only spend 1 week at the top since Pillowtalk, funnily enough. This has been the length of time that #1 singles have spent on top since 2016:

3 weeks: Justin Bieber - Love Yourself (it also spent 3 weeks at #1 in 2015, for a total #1 stay of 6 weeks)
2 weeks: Shawn Mendes - Stitches
1 week: Zayn - Pillowtalk
5 weeks: Lukas Graham - 7 Years
4 weeks: Mike Posner - I Took a Pill in Ibiza
15 weeks: Drake feat. Wizkid & Kyla - One Dance
5 weeks: Major Lazer feat. Justin Bieber & MØ - Cold Water
4 weeks: The Chainsmokers feat. Halsey - Closer
3 weeks: James Arthur - Say You Won't Let Go
3 weeks: Little Mix - Shout Out to My Ex
9 weeks: Clean Bandit feat. Sean Paul & Anne-Marie - Rockabye
13 weeks: Ed Sheeran - Shape of You
1 week: Harry Styles - Sign of the Times
Image
Amaranthine18
Posts: 886
Joined: 17 Apr 2013, 14:25
Gender: Male

Re: Harry Styles

Postby Amaranthine18 » 16 Apr 2017, 04:29

spicefreak wrote:Just listened to it, I bloody love it :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

I was never a 1D fan, but deffo gonna be checking out his album.


Better than Zayn's album?
Image
spicefreak
Posts: 10570
Joined: 05 Oct 2005, 17:23
Gender: Male
Custom Title: Enjoy the show
Country: United_Kingdom
Location: Leeds

Re: Harry Styles

Postby spicefreak » 16 Apr 2017, 13:13

Amaranthine18 wrote:
spicefreak wrote:Just listened to it, I bloody love it :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

I was never a 1D fan, but deffo gonna be checking out his album.


Better than Zayn's album?


The album is not out yet so I couldn't say. Also I have no interest in Zayn whatsoever so the chances of me listening to his album are incredibly slim. His first single was ok but didn't interest me enough to buy anything of his.
Image
Dave87
Posts: 1448
Joined: 19 Oct 2006, 21:26
Gender: Male
Country: United_States
Location: Cleveland , Ohio / USA

Re: Harry Styles

Postby Dave87 » 19 Apr 2017, 07:14

Jay wrote:I quite like the song, the chorus has been stuck in my head!

Interestingly Harry's sales weren't too impressive - 62,900 [39,428 from sales & 23,472 from streaming].

That's a lower weekly sale than Ed Sheeran's Shape of You achieved in all 13 of its weeks at #1 (he's at #2 this week, with 59,657). Harry couldn't have timed his single release any better!

Ed Sheeran's 13 weeks at #1:
Spoiler: show
226,808
139,595
119,658
105,456
95,632
90,428
82,770
144,385
140,647
106,286
83,722
73,823
65,882


Zayn's Pillowtalk achieved a first week sale of 112,497. (Note: prior to 2017, the streaming ratio was more favourable than it is now, with streaming counts being divided by 100 instead of 150... so for a more fair comparison, Zayn would have sold 95,924 equivalent to Harry's 62,900, with the "divided by 150" system. Or if we upgraded Harry's streaming units to the "divided by 100" system, it would be Zayn: 112,497 & Harry: 74,636. I hope that makes sense :p Regardless, Zayn's debut single performed better in week 1.)

On that note, Harry is lucky that streaming is divided by 150 these days, because that went in his favour. Under the "divided by 100" system, Ed would most likely have achieved a weekly sale of over 80,000 this week.

I would imagine that Harry's album will outperform Zayn's. 'Mind of Mine' reached #1, but with surprisingly low sales - 22,250. It's since been certified silver (for sales of over 60,000) but as of yet it's not managed gold (100,000+).

It's likely that Sign fo the Times will become the first single to only spend 1 week at the top since Pillowtalk, funnily enough. This has been the length of time that #1 singles have spent on top since 2016:

3 weeks: Justin Bieber - Love Yourself (it also spent 3 weeks at #1 in 2015, for a total #1 stay of 6 weeks)
2 weeks: Shawn Mendes - Stitches
1 week: Zayn - Pillowtalk
5 weeks: Lukas Graham - 7 Years
4 weeks: Mike Posner - I Took a Pill in Ibiza
15 weeks: Drake feat. Wizkid & Kyla - One Dance
5 weeks: Major Lazer feat. Justin Bieber & MØ - Cold Water
4 weeks: The Chainsmokers feat. Halsey - Closer
3 weeks: James Arthur - Say You Won't Let Go
3 weeks: Little Mix - Shout Out to My Ex
9 weeks: Clean Bandit feat. Sean Paul & Anne-Marie - Rockabye
13 weeks: Ed Sheeran - Shape of You
1 week: Harry Styles - Sign of the Times


There was an issue with his song on Spotify and it took them some time to fix it for whatever reason. I believe he missed like a day of streams but who knows how much better it would have done. I do agree that I think his album will perform better than Zayn's. Harry also debuted at #4 here in America (Zayn went #1) and I think he has the better chance at a lasting solo career. Zayn seems to have already fizzled out after Pillow Talk. All of his following singles flopped with the exception of the TS duet.
Image
DaniSpiceBoy
Posts: 3717
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Gender: Male
Country: United_Kingdom
Contact:

Re: Harry Styles

Postby DaniSpiceBoy » 20 Apr 2017, 16:26



He's fantastic :inlove:
Red Boy
Posts: 2664
Joined: 31 May 2005, 08:56
Gender: Male
Custom Title: On A Mission
Location: Home
Contact:

Re: Harry Styles

Postby Red Boy » 06 May 2017, 19:55

Image
User avatar
megzluvsmelc
Posts: 13316
Joined: 15 Oct 2007, 09:07
Gender: Female
Custom Title: Beautiful Mind
Country: Australia
Location: Melbourne/Victoria
Contact:

Re: Harry Styles

Postby megzluvsmelc » 06 May 2017, 22:15

SOTT music video is out on Monday.

His world tour tickets sold out in seconds!
Image
kamel
Posts: 4505
Joined: 04 Aug 2009, 12:12
Gender: Male

Re: Harry Styles

Postby kamel » 10 May 2017, 11:01

Image
User avatar
Javi
Posts: 33047
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Gender: Male
Custom Title: f.k.a. IER
Location: Bitchland

Re: Harry Styles

Postby Javi » 15 May 2017, 16:45

The album is nice, but a little Joanne meets Dead Petz. There's a song I can't recall right now that sounds a lot like 'You & I' and a few other songs sound a lot like the stuff on Miley's album.

It's really what I expected from him though. He's always had this "I'm the serious and credible one" behaviour, so his music was bound to be the most credible too.
-If you really bug me, then I'll say goodbye.
spicefreak
Posts: 10570
Joined: 05 Oct 2005, 17:23
Gender: Male
Custom Title: Enjoy the show
Country: United_Kingdom
Location: Leeds

Re: Harry Styles

Postby spicefreak » 15 May 2017, 23:33

The album is on his Vevo page to listen to. I think it is excellent, absolutely love it. Definately going to go out and buy it this week. This is definitely the Northern Star album of One Direction, really unexpected and mature.
Image
User avatar
WhatTheHell
Posts: 3208
Joined: 04 May 2012, 14:24
Gender: Male

Re: Harry Styles

Postby WhatTheHell » 30 May 2017, 13:04

spicefreak wrote:The album is on his Vevo page to listen to. I think it is excellent, absolutely love it. Definately going to go out and buy it this week. This is definitely the Northern Star album of One Direction, really unexpected and mature.



hahaha I also see Harry as the Mel C of 1D :laugh:

Return to “Music”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Jer and 7 guests