B*Witched

General discussion | 1 topic per artist | Old music forums are in the "Archive" section at the bottom for further reference (read only)
sammy01

Re: B*Witched

Postby sammy01 » 09 Sep 2014, 23:26

At least they are trying.They obviously have no budget but they have given it a go.
Follw me, you know you want to - https://twitter.com/Sammyb01
Jamie

Postby Jamie » 10 Sep 2014, 00:08

sammy01 wrote:At least they are trying.They obviously have no budget but they have given it a go.

I do not get you. If this was another artist, you'd tear them to shreds.
sammy01

Postby sammy01 » 10 Sep 2014, 00:19

Jamie wrote:
sammy01 wrote:At least they are trying.They obviously have no budget but they have given it a go.

I do not get you. If this was another artist, you'd tear them to shreds.

Because they are obviously not doing it to be artistic or to set the charts ablaze, they have probably put more effort into sorting that than Britney who walks on to a set and prances around, walks off and that is that.

The artists I don't like are the Saturdays or Britney's who do the absolute minimum, not because that is all they can afford but because they are lazy and actually don't give a shit about the product. I have no doubt if B*witched had the Saturday's budget for a video they would do everything they could to make it as good as possible.

I mean who thinks Britney or the Saturday's would go to the effort B*witched have to release that EP if they didn't have a recording contract?
Jamie

Postby Jamie » 10 Sep 2014, 00:23

That's utter bollocks.
sammy01

Postby sammy01 » 10 Sep 2014, 00:26

Jamie wrote:That's utter bollocks.

No it isn't, Britney wasn't even the main vocalist on her last album, it is shit like that that I hate. Zero fucking effort because the record label are only looking to sell something by her name and she doesn't give a toss or have any self respect as an artist to say that isn't right.
mats

Postby mats » 10 Sep 2014, 01:52

^That's ridiculous
Almost any teenage girl could asked to rip scenes off youtube would come back with a better result than what they realeased.
And the video they recorded in front or that random house could have be done in another place and it would have looked 100 times better with the same budget and just a tiny effort.
Oh, you were talking about effort, right?
sammy01

Postby sammy01 » 10 Sep 2014, 02:04

It is obvious they haven't a clue what they are doing, as you can tell by the quality but they have at least tried.

Just because some random person who rips things off youtube could make a better job doesn't mean they would put more effort in. I haven't a clue how to rip stuff from youtube so it would probably take me an age to do and would be shit but at least I'd have put the effort in.

They are basically one step up from random people uploading videos of themselves singing on youtube right now, but hey they got that EP out there, have filmed a video and spliced a video together of some old footage. Rihanna cant even be fucked to make a video for half her singles these days.
wildhope
Previous username(s): crashworld

Postby wildhope » 10 Sep 2014, 16:14

To be honest, I think it wouldn't take alot of budget to do a proper and cheap video? I guess they lack the connection and idea to go about it?
Alot of youtube singers who just did their covers probably have much better looking videos than this.

They could have done something like what Melanie C did with her videos post "Reason".
Hell, even "Understand" looks better than this (and I thought that is the worst video from Melanie C together "Melt").
And take a look at Peter Aristone, he is an independent artist, yet his "Cool As You" video looks so much better than "The Stars Are Ours".

It's a shame for the girls, I really like the song and thought it could do some wonders for them if they did it well.
They pretty much got the good songs. "Love And Money" is really good too. They just need to get themselves to be out there with the right promotion.
schizophonic_spice

Postby schizophonic_spice » 10 Sep 2014, 23:40

I agree they could surely have got the funds together to film a simple dance video on a simple set filmed with professional film equipment.

This is just embarrassing in all honesty. It makes Flatline look like the best video ever.

Then again I am very grateful for the EP as unlike the majority of the Big Reunion acts (Atomic Kitten hello) they managed to get something out there.
TattyTeddy

Postby TattyTeddy » 11 Sep 2014, 19:50

I don't know who they think is going to buy it. Maybe the 600 loons who funded the EP and already have the song.

The shiteness of the video is irrelevant because firstly, they're not even a speck on the music industry radar, and secondly, music videos are borderline irrelevant period. Unless you're a top 10 artist with millions spent on youtube promotion, it's all about live performance, something which B*Witched simply can't cope with. At least it's finally been confirmed thanks to Big Brother that even Edele can't sing her way out of a paper bag without a full vocal track and autotune.

The scary thing is they're too stupid to realise any of this. After 15 years, they still think they're entitled to a pop career. The number of posts on Big Brother forums with "Edele" and "sense of entitlement" in the same sentence is scary. A lot of people who didn't know who she was before seeing her in BB, have sussed her out very quickly. But despite having 4 number ones, two top albums, live tours on both sides of the Atlantic, and all that time spent filming professional pop videos back in the 90s, they still have no fucking idea. It's not a lack of money. It's due to a complete mental vacancy. Even 911 had a pro video made for their single. It wasn't wonderful, it was clearly done on a budget, but it was properly done.

They think they're getting their "entitlement" from this EP rubbish, but they're just making even sadder twats of themselves. The Lynch witches are doing something I thought impossible. Making Barbarellas look good.
Jamie

Postby Jamie » 12 Sep 2014, 03:08

That's nice, dear.
mrssmith626
Custom Title: MGMVE

Re:

Postby mrssmith626 » 25 Feb 2015, 05:10

Stevens Moore wrote:i've got this one, tell me your msn messenger so i can send you that!

I've been dying for that version of Play That Funky Music too! Can you hook me up?
rymc730

Re: Re:

Postby rymc730 » 26 Feb 2015, 22:33

sohardtosee wrote:
Stevens Moore wrote:i've got this one, tell me your msn messenger so i can send you that!

I've been dying for that version of Play That Funky Music too! Can you hook me up?

Wait, what?? And what version of PTFM? There's more than one??
mrssmith626
Custom Title: MGMVE

Postby mrssmith626 » 28 Feb 2015, 21:34

The only one I can find is a live version, I'm looking for the studio one. If it makes anyone feel better about sharing it with me, I did buy that stupid Across America EP like 15 years ago.
Jer

Postby Jer » 01 Mar 2015, 20:18

They look like moms that are buggering around, listening to their children's music. Poor B*Witched...should've just stuck to the nostalgia, sang the classics, rode the wave and called it a day.
Jay
Mod

Postby Jay » 10 Jan 2016, 22:08

Budget compilation alert!

Disc: 1
1. C'est La Vie
2. Rollercoaster
3. Get Happy
4. Blame It On the Weatherman
5. We Four Girls
6. Jesse Hold On
7. Oh Mr. Postman
8. Don't Say Never
9. My Superman
10. Play That Funky Music
11. Jump Down
12. Fly Away
13. Castles in the Air
14. Coming Around Again
15. Together We'll Be Fine
16. Red Indian Girl
17. To You I Belong
18. I Shall Be There (Feat. Ladysmith Black Mambazo)

Disc: 2
1. Champagne Or Guinness
2. The Stars Are Ours
3. Mickey
4. Never Giving Up
5. Does Your Mother Know
6. Freak Out
7. Leaves
8. Someday
9. The Shy One
10. Like the Rose
11. In Fields Where We Lay
12. Rev It Up
13. Blame It On the Weatherman (Chicane Vocal Edit)
14. C'est La Vie (Dog in the River Mix)
15. Jesse Hold On (The Bold & the Beautiful Glamour Mix)
16. Jump Down (Almighty Definitive Mix)
17. Rollercoaster (Silk's Uplifting Extended Mix)
18. Megamix
Vomiting Porpoise

Postby Vomiting Porpoise » 10 Jan 2016, 22:29

one for the shelf x
Jer

Postby Jer » 10 Jan 2016, 22:43

Surely they could have come up with better cover art...
schizophonic_spice

Postby schizophonic_spice » 10 Jan 2016, 22:56

It's nice to see them get a greatest hits release at last even if it is just a budget one.

Love that mention of their four number 1 hits on front if Geri ever gets one hers should say the same. :D
Last edited by schizophonic_spice on 10 Jan 2016, 22:57, edited 1 time in total.
Vomiting Porpoise

Postby Vomiting Porpoise » 10 Jan 2016, 22:57

Jer wrote:Surely they could have come up with better cover art...

they didn,t have much time as jenny had been hogging the computer :cry: x
addicted2you

Postby addicted2you » 13 Jan 2016, 12:44

The track listing is shit. 7 ballads in a row :/
Dave87

Postby Dave87 » 13 Jan 2016, 15:08

schizophonic_spice wrote:It's nice to see them get a greatest hits release at last even if it is just a budget one.

Love that mention of their four number 1 hits on front if Geri ever gets one hers should say the same. :D

TBH I think at this point that would be a really good idea for Geri to release a best of with 2-3 new songs and then maybe a new album after.
pinkbecca12

Postby pinkbecca12 » 13 Jan 2016, 16:04

does anyone have a CD rip of (Where Will You Go?), please.
schizophonic_spice

Postby schizophonic_spice » 13 Jan 2016, 21:18

Dave87 wrote:
schizophonic_spice wrote:It's nice to see them get a greatest hits release at last even if it is just a budget one.

TBH I think at this point that would be a really good idea for Geri to release a best of with 2-3 new songs and then maybe a new album after.

I'd love that but obviously right now want the full Eliot Kennedy produced fourth album more. :music:
WhatTheHell

Postby WhatTheHell » 15 Jan 2016, 06:24

I don't know much about them but, in that compilation, there must be a few album tracks, no?
I dont remember them having so many singles...

Return to “Music”