No Angels

General discussion | 1 topic per artist | Old music forums are in the "Archive" section at the bottom for further reference (read only)
AtomicMarcusKitten

Re: No Angels

Postby AtomicMarcusKitten » 22 Jan 2011, 01:46

Nadja Benaissa, the HIV positive member got a two year suspended sentence and 300 hours of community service. She's now left the group leaving them as a trio... It's a shame, she was the member with the most soul, the looks and could sing the best live.

I now don't think they'll EVER release any new material ever...ever ever ever ever! :(
SpiceIsBack

No Angels

Postby SpiceIsBack » 27 Mar 2012, 23:25

Just wondering if there are any No Angels Fans on this forum? If so I was wondering if anyone had a rip of their 2 concerts (Acoustic Angels and When The Angels Swing). There are a few scenes from each concert on youtube but not every clip to make the whole concert (s).

thanks guys! :)
rock_coyote
Custom Title: mutya keisha siobhan

Re: Any No Angels Fans?

Postby rock_coyote » 03 Apr 2012, 22:49

hey there! i'm a fan yeeaaaah

i've got a copy of Acoustic Angels and that's NOT a complete show at all. that wasn't edited as 10 songs from one to another - that was the concept of the show: when the one song has finished, the another one is starting to play. except the poem Nadja reads before There Must Be An Angel. i'm not sure if When The Angels Swing has the same concept - I lost the copy of the dvd a week ago when I bought it back in 2002. not a fan of that orchestra performance )
Veli
Custom Title: The Piccie King

Postby Veli » 27 Jun 2012, 20:37

Anyone knows what's the status of the band now? Is Nadja in jail? Are the officially still together or is it unknown?
Dennis
Admin
Custom Title: Daddy DenDen

Postby Dennis » 28 Jun 2012, 10:21

Veli wrote:Anyone knows what's the status of the band now? Is Nadja in jail? Are the officially still together or is it unknown?

(Source for everything: wikipedia) Nope, she's on probation and had to do quite a few hours of community service, but quit the band because of her medical situation either way. In 2011, they were supposed to do "lots of things" for their 10-year-anniversary, but it ended up being only 1 charity performance. Due to the lack of success in 2010 I doubt anyone would want to touch the subject of another release..
Veli
Custom Title: The Piccie King

Postby Veli » 28 Jun 2012, 10:38

Which line-up was at that one performance? Was it the 3 remaining Girls or did Vanessa join them?
Melancholie

Postby Melancholie » 28 Jun 2012, 12:48

I quite liked them back in the day. Sadly they only have a few good singles, their albums are full of filler second hand songs.

I remember that last year Vanessa was still recording her solo album, it's been like 10 years she's recording it. But I guess nobody is interested in her blues songs, since only her first pop single had any success. Sadly she can't see it.

Return to “Music”