Rearranging the forums - YOUR INPUT IS NECESSARY!

Relax with your friends in The Den.... :satan:
Andres
Custom Title: HeadBitchInCharge

Re: Rearranging the forums - YOUR INPUT IS NECESSARY!

Postby Andres » 14 May 2012, 16:17

Brandamn wrote:I'd like to suggest a forum for LGBT(Q) Issues. These are topics that affect a lot of the people on DenDen, and there's so much that really doesn't fall under the umbrella of Love & Sex. There's a lot of topics that get discussed from Gay/Human rights, to coming out stories to the tragic suicides we keep hearing about. I post a few of these topics, and I even hold back on posting some because I don't want to spam Small Talk or L&S with gay threads.
I'm not talking about topics like "Gay guys, what's your sex position?", but things that pertain to the lifestyle.

I think stuff that doesn't belong in the L&S subforum should be discussed in ST. If a teen commits suicide because he/she was bullied, we would post it in ST, so why wouldn't we do the same if said teen is GLBT?
Brandamn

Postby Brandamn » 14 May 2012, 17:10

Andres wrote:
Brandamn wrote:I'd like to suggest a forum for LGBT(Q) Issues. These are topics that affect a lot of the people on DenDen, and there's so much that really doesn't fall under the umbrella of Love & Sex. There's a lot of topics that get discussed from Gay/Human rights, to coming out stories to the tragic suicides we keep hearing about. I post a few of these topics, and I even hold back on posting some because I don't want to spam Small Talk or L&S with gay threads.
I'm not talking about topics like "Gay guys, what's your sex position?", but things that pertain to the lifestyle.

I think stuff that doesn't belong in the L&S subforum should be discussed in ST. If a teen commits suicide because he/she was bullied, we would post it in ST, so why wouldn't we do the same if said teen is GLBT?

Thanks Captain Obvious! Everything that doesn't fit into a forum gets discussed in Small Talk. :p But while we have an opportunity to make suggestions, this is an idea I've had for a while so I thought I'd voice it. But to answer your question, as I already said I don't want to spam Small Talk with a lot of LGBT topics. There are usually 3-4 or more topics a week that I refrain from posting because I don't want you straighties being overwhelmed by all the gay. :p
Jamie

Postby Jamie » 14 May 2012, 17:19

^ Exactly. A lot of people don't want to share such intimate stories in Small Talk.
Brandamn

Postby Brandamn » 14 May 2012, 19:45

Why would it necessitate an entire forum? In the past week or two these are some potential or existing threads:

- Lesbian Banned from coaching Boy Scouts
- North Carolina bans gay marriage
-- Lesbian arrested for applying for marriage licence.
- Barack Obama officially supports Gay marriage
- 3 Masseurs accuse John Travolta of sexual assault
- 4 Iranian men to be hanged for sodomy.
- Why Equality Is Important.
- Watch: Wish Me Away Trailer
- Joe Biden supports Gay marriage.
- GOP Rep: It Should Be Legal To Fire Employees For Being Gay
- I want to hear your coming out stories
VivaMGMVE
Previous username(s): VBrocks!

Postby VivaMGMVE » 15 May 2012, 08:55

SoSoDef wrote:I like the spice + spice solo formums to stay. Of the other artist forums I browse through Saturdays, Girls Aloud and Sugababes alot. The other ones not so much.

I really hope we leave the Spice and solo spice forums to be left as is. It's a great system that really does not seem to be where most of the clean up needs to happen.

Personally, beyond that I'm not too bothered, but would like to see the Small talk forum cleaned up with perhaps a section that has the many "What annoyed you today?" "What was the last song..." topics that have like 300 pages that will never end. Just to keep them together and not to constantly be at the top of small topics but together and out of the way. :) Don't get rid of them, but grouping them up might be a good thing.
holler08
Custom Title: Holler holler

Postby holler08 » 17 May 2012, 16:40

I WOULD LIKE A 'like' BUTTON... pls?!? :rolleyes:
Jamie

Postby Jamie » 17 May 2012, 19:23

^ I don't think we're the right kind of forum for that - this is phpBB whereas forums with like functions seem to be another kind in total.
NCLS

Postby NCLS » 18 May 2012, 08:04

Emmel C fan wrote:Maybe there could be a forum for Alexandra Burke

LOL girl, bye x
Paul!
Custom Title: 18...13...9..5..2.0

Postby Paul! » 19 May 2012, 14:14

How about a mobile phone version...?
breezyspice
Mod
Custom Title: Breezy

Postby breezyspice » 19 May 2012, 20:10

Paul! wrote:How about a mobile phone version...?

I'm trying to look into this and the amount of work it would entail! If I can, I might try to work a mobile-friendly version. Depends on many a factor though - not just a 'plugin' and 'play' type solution, but hang tight!

It WOULD be a handy feature! :$
Ludito

Postby Ludito » 20 May 2012, 04:18

Definitely you should delete the artists threads in the Small Talk forum...
I don't often post but each time I open the Smal Talk forum, it's always the same: Rihanna thread, Madonna, Britney, Gaga...

And it seems most posters of those threads need to bump them all the time. Honestly it looks like constant obligated spam and the forum looks quite boring.
megzluvsmelc
Custom Title: Beautiful Mind

Postby megzluvsmelc » 20 May 2012, 04:23

Ludito wrote:Definitely you should delete the artists threads in the Small Talk forum...
I don't often post but each time I open the Smal Talk forum, it's always the same: Rihanna thread, Madonna, Britney, Gaga...

And it seems most posters of those threads need to bump them all the time. Honestly it looks like constant obligated spam and the forum looks quite boring.

Agreed!
Brandamn

Postby Brandamn » 20 May 2012, 05:51

Ludito wrote:Definitely you should delete the artists threads in the Small Talk forum...

I just have to say if you're unhappy with the topics that are available in Small Talk, you can always change that by starting your own topics about things you'd rather discuss. Be the change you want to see in DenDen. :p
breezyspice
Mod

Postby breezyspice » 20 May 2012, 18:53

lol ^ tell it from your heart bran, shout it from the rooftops! :p
electricguitar
Custom Title: stevie486

Postby electricguitar » 21 May 2012, 01:01

Haven't been on here for years, OMG, always loved coming here, time to do so again.

I think..

Life Section
I think test forum should be scrapped cos can preview your signature anyway. I would scrap the Lifestyle forum as well and make it a General Discussion forum. also would scrap Small Talk forum and hobbies and interest forum cos can discuss tv shows, lifestyle interests etc in a General Discussion forum. I would scrap the life section have it like so...

DENDEN

General Discussion
Lifestyle & interests etc

Digital Corner
Technical Help, Your Latest or favorite Gadgets, Games, Software or Websites

DenDen Support
Need help with the forums, Get it here!

Spice Girls forums fine as they are

Music Section
Get rid of all sub-forums in music section and make them highlighted threads at top instead.

Get rid of: Mariah Carey, Kylie & Danni and Sarah Connor (I would say Girls Aloud too cos never liked them but suppose it's keep for lot ppl)
Keep and make highlighted threads: Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, Lady GaGa, Madonna, The Saturdays
Add as highlighted threads: Steps & Adele - maybe add Kylie again but no Danni prob can add Rianna even though not my cup tea but she's popular
Paul!
Custom Title: 18...13...9..5..2.0

Postby Paul! » 21 May 2012, 12:23

How about a seperate section for Youtube (or websites) videos? Whenever any of us finds an interesting video (or, well, make it a website, a gadget etc.) we could post it there.
Ian

Postby Ian » 22 May 2012, 16:55

Ian wrote:Can I suggest you take a look at the PopJustice forums. I think their layout of the forum works really well...

So you could have;

POP (all posts releated to current pop acts/groups/chart music/new releases)
Q&A (any forum questions/queries/issues)
Gone But Not Forgotten (related to acts of the past who aren't currently recording)
Pop retail (people selling/exchanging/bidding)
Off Topic (everything bar music/TV/Film basically just random chat)
TV & Film (current TV shows, films, trailers etc.)
YouTube (share funny videos, own youtube vids, etc)

Oh I suppose you'll have to keep the Spice Girls section as it is otherwise people would be upset. :D
I do agree though - Instead of having 6 individual forums, make it one Spice Girls forum with 5 sub-forums.

Not to blow my own trumpet but after reading all the posts I think my idea for a lay out is the best so far... :whistle:
IconicSpice

Postby IconicSpice » 22 May 2012, 18:18

The Spice Girls section should stay as it is, but with out the marketplace, there should be a general market place to sell stuff, as for the music section, keep the popular ones and get rid of the inactive, and perhaps add some forums for popular eras of music like the 80s, 90s and 00s so everyones different interest can be expressed more but in a way that it does not clog up the forum :)
Jamie

Postby Jamie » 25 May 2012, 15:22

Can I just say, I love how in Small Talk how the artist thread titles look now. Much better.
Jay
Mod

Postby Jay » 25 May 2012, 15:35

:$ I thought they were long overdue a freshen up!

Oh, and they'll look even better when they're no longer in Small Talk. :cool: *Fingers crossed for this outcome*
ImageImage
Narrator
Custom Title: elephant in the room

Postby Narrator » 25 May 2012, 16:07

Jay wrote::$ I thought they were long overdue a freshen up!

Oh, and they'll look even better when they're no longer in Small Talk. :cool: *Fingers crossed for this outcome*

Nice! It looks much better :lovers:
Will we get a general pop forum for these topics and finally kill the individual forums then? :D
electricguitar
Custom Title: stevie486

Postby electricguitar » 25 May 2012, 17:18

I have new idea...

DENDEN
-News & Information
Forum news, announcements, information on rules etc
-Archive
Kept forum threads as have but move in with DenDen at top
-Marketplace
One trade/sell forum for all things in with DenDen at top
-Q&A
Forum Questions, Help and Support

MUSIC
(-Spice Girls
--Melanie C
--Melanie B
--Emma Bunton
--Geri Halliwell
--Victoria Beckham) - Make solo forums as highlighted threads or sub-forums

-Other Music
Sub forums for Adele, Steps, Alexandria Burke, Britney, Christina, Kylie, lady GaGa, Madonna, The Saturdays, Sugababes

rest main Music forum for topics on every kind of music from hard rock, pop, urban, dance hip hip, album reviews etc

LIFE

-Entertainment & Interests
Have one main forum for people to discuss favorite TV Shows, Movies, Books, Art & Sports
-Digital Corner
Computer Help and Favorite websites, new gadgets etc
-Other Things
Lifestyle and everything else general in a forum
Jay
Mod

Postby Jay » 25 May 2012, 18:06

CharmAttack wrote:
Jay wrote::$ I thought they were long overdue a freshen up!

Nice! It looks much better :lovers:
Will we get a general pop forum for these topics and finally kill the individual forums then? :D

I hope so! Nothing's set in stone yet though - but something's gonna happen, something's gonna changeeee. :music:
ImageImage
Lizzy
Custom Title: Rubber Duck

Postby Lizzy » 25 May 2012, 21:50

when is this change happening?
breezyspice
Mod

Postby breezyspice » 25 May 2012, 21:56

The powers that be are away from their keyboards for a time. We can't do technically anything without them in terms of implementing change anyway. But in the mean time we're gathering everyone's opinions (Jay's organizational skills are amazing by the way) and laying them all out there to gauge how/what the changes would be and play out.

Return to “Small Talk”