Let's Share Our Spice Girls Pictures :)

Slam your body down and post it all around!
Forum rules
We would kindly like to remind you that posting, requesting or linking to sites containing copyright material is against our rules and will result in a warning/ban.
aruspice

Re: Let's Share Our Spice Girls Pictures :)

Postby aruspice » 19 Jun 2017, 05:07

Thank you for sharing, I fixed this photo :)
Veli
Custom Title: The Piccie King

Postby Veli » 19 Jun 2017, 09:00

Truestepper
Custom Title: hookedonspice

Postby Truestepper » 19 Jun 2017, 11:00

Veli, your scans are wonderful! Thank you very much!
tiaguitop
Custom Title: Just 4U Entertainmen

Postby tiaguitop » 19 Jun 2017, 11:39

Veli wrote:Image

It looks even better with a bit of photoshop
Spoiler: show
Work_of_Art

Postby Work_of_Art » 19 Jun 2017, 14:16

Official Spiceworld
Custom Title: Spice Girls Net

Postby Official Spiceworld » 19 Jun 2017, 19:53

This shoot was done by Christophe Gstalder.

Does anyone know when or where it took place?

Was it shot during the making of the film or after? Thanks

SPICE GIRLS NET - Twitter|Facebook|Blog|Instagram
Veli

Postby Veli » 20 Jun 2017, 09:49

Veli

Postby Veli » 20 Jun 2017, 14:55

I re-scanned most of the pics (using black cardboard) so the opposite side of the page doesn't ruin the pictures anymore. I updated the posted so far (most of them). Check from page 316 till here if you want to replace them with better versions (:

FahBeeOh
Custom Title: Fabio Henrique

Postby FahBeeOh » 20 Jun 2017, 20:19

Does anyone have a better quality of this ? or even just a higher quality version of the original photo without logo?
Veli

Postby Veli » 21 Jun 2017, 17:01

Veli

Postby Veli » 22 Jun 2017, 10:51

spice96

Postby spice96 » 22 Jun 2017, 12:26

Thanks veli!!!

http://www.zigazig-ha.com/zgallery/thum ... album=7691

Anyone have better this?
Veli

Postby Veli » 22 Jun 2017, 16:57

taicraven

Postby taicraven » 22 Jun 2017, 17:40

Thank you so much Veli :love:

The Prague article is so adorable, I translated it for those who want to read it in English:

At the end of March, Prague was transformed into the European Spice Girls fan capital. The 27th and 28th of March kicked off the MTV contest which, together with the wild ones from London, included 150 contestants from all across Europe. BRAVO was the only magazine to get the exclusive. Only the Spice Girls can think up something so mad: they choose an unknown but attractive Central European city (most likely because it is of equal distance for all) and make a date with a crowd of hundreds of European fans. But before the encounter happens, we will play hide and seek.

After arriving in Prague Mel B, Mel C, Emma, Geri and Victoria indulge in a brief rest at the Savoy Hotel, while nine competing teams set off at a different location to the streets of Prague. Each team leader is equipped with mysterious backpack: comprising a Polaroid camera, maps of Prague, an album and competition questions. The task of the contestants was to find the right route by a guide that would lead them to a secret venue. For entertainment along the way, they had to prove their wits in different categories at several checkpoints. For example: snap Polaroids with the funniest "2 Become 1" theme and put it in the album. The Czech-Slovenian team was very successful in this task: our guys caught some passers by, a long-haired guy with an equally long-haired girl, tied them together by their hair, and took Polaroids.

The teams gradually fought their way to their prize at the Vikárka restaurant at Prague Castle where all 150 contestants gathered waiting for the Spice Girls. There was a big welcome, photography, generosity, signing autographs, and a fabulous dinner together in Medieval style – with pages, jugglers and musicians in period costumes. Then they all went to their hotel. But for the Spice Girls the evening was far from finished: they chatted and advised in the rooms of the Hotel Savoy until the early hours.

But they showed no trace of the long night of partying the next day. Their legendary energy and Spice Girls madness showed at the St. Matthew's Fair in the morning, where they arrived in a luxury minibus along with a cordon of security and three buses full of winners. To the surprise of the unsuspecting visitors and operators of the local attraction, fans and the famous stars invaded the roller coaster and several other tortuous devices. Victoria, concerned that something might go wrong, did not ride the fairground pleasures. She chose instead to stay on solid ground, diligently handing out autographs. The Girls also stopped several times at a refreshment stand and sampled grilled sausages, cotton candy and popcorn.

From Matthew's Fair, the entire company moved to the Vltava River and boarded a steamboat - the fans stayed on deck, while the Spice Girls took refuge in the cabin below. After a while they returned to their guests and stayed throughout the voyage, talking about everything, especially the exuberant Mel B. The steamboat anchored at Troy in Prague, where the two-day pan-European rally with fans culminated with lunch at Troy Castle. They served rolls with ham in aspic, mushroom soup, chicken with rice and vegetables, mixed salad, and ice cream to finish. Satisfied, The Spice Girls departed the castle for the airport. Geri summed up their impressions into one sentence: "It was fantastic, we are glad we came to this beautiful city!"
Official Spiceworld
Custom Title: Spice Girls Net

Postby Official Spiceworld » 22 Jun 2017, 18:00

taicraven wrote:Thank you so much Veli :love:

The Prague article is so adorable, I translated it for those who want to read it in English:

At the end of March, Prague was transformed into the European Spice Girls fan capital. The 27th and 28th of March kicked off the MTV contest which, together with the wild ones from London, included 150 contestants from all across Europe. BRAVO was the only magazine to get the exclusive. Only the Spice Girls can think up something so mad: they choose an unknown but attractive Central European city (most likely because it is of equal distance for all) and make a date with a crowd of hundreds of European fans. But before the encounter happens, we will play hide and seek.

After arriving in Prague Mel B, Mel C, Emma, Geri and Victoria indulge in a brief rest at the Savoy Hotel, while nine competing teams set off at a different location to the streets of Prague. Each team leader is equipped with mysterious backpack: comprising a Polaroid camera, maps of Prague, an album and competition questions. The task of the contestants was to find the right route by a guide that would lead them to a secret venue. For entertainment along the way, they had to prove their wits in different categories at several checkpoints. For example: snap Polaroids with the funniest "2 Become 1" theme and put it in the album. The Czech-Slovenian team was very successful in this task: our guys caught some passers by, a long-haired guy with an equally long-haired girl, tied them together by their hair, and took Polaroids.

The teams gradually fought their way to their prize at the Vikárka restaurant at Prague Castle where all 150 contestants gathered waiting for the Spice Girls. There was a big welcome, photography, generosity, signing autographs, and a fabulous dinner together in Medieval style – with pages, jugglers and musicians in period costumes. Then they all went to their hotel. But for the Spice Girls the evening was far from finished: they chatted and advised in the rooms of the Hotel Savoy until the early hours.

But they showed no trace of the long night of partying the next day. Their legendary energy and Spice Girls madness showed at the St. Matthew's Fair in the morning, where they arrived in a luxury minibus along with a cordon of security and three buses full of winners. To the surprise of the unsuspecting visitors and operators of the local attraction, fans and the famous stars invaded the roller coaster and several other tortuous devices. Victoria, concerned that something might go wrong, did not ride the fairground pleasures. She chose instead to stay on solid ground, diligently handing out autographs. The Girls also stopped several times at a refreshment stand and sampled grilled sausages, cotton candy and popcorn.

From Matthew's Fair, the entire company moved to the Vltava River and boarded a steamboat - the fans stayed on deck, while the Spice Girls took refuge in the cabin below. After a while they returned to their guests and stayed throughout the voyage, talking about everything, especially the exuberant Mel B. The steamboat anchored at Troy in Prague, where the two-day pan-European rally with fans culminated with lunch at Troy Castle. They served rolls with ham in aspic, mushroom soup, chicken with rice and vegetables, mixed salad, and ice cream to finish. Satisfied, The Spice Girls departed the castle for the airport. Geri summed up their impressions into one sentence: "It was fantastic, we are glad we came to this beautiful city!"

Lovely read. I remember when the Savoy Hotel tweeted us when we tweeted about their visit once.

I've been to Prague myself and really enjoyed it - would love to go back again.
SPICE GIRLS NET - Twitter|Facebook|Blog|Instagram
Andreas
Custom Title: Alpha Male.

Postby Andreas » 22 Jun 2017, 19:39

^During their visit to the fair, Geri had to borrow money from a Norwegian tv presenter, Gunilla Holm, who attended the event. They broadcasted it on the music TV show Gunilla used to host, Metro TV (such a 90's name lol). In the clip, Geri says she'll pay Gunilla back.

Gunilla was asked a couple of years ago if she ever got her money back from Geri, to which Gunilla answered something like 'No. I will write her and request we have dinner together the two of us, her treat. She was my favourite Spice Girl after all'.
Veli

Postby Veli » 23 Jun 2017, 09:55

Gramq

Postby Gramq » 23 Jun 2017, 23:32

Seen this one LQ
spice96

Postby spice96 » 23 Jun 2017, 23:34

Thanks veli!!! :)

Cover photoshoot is by Jesus Aparicio in Dublin (1997.02.21) and something photos inside are by Jesus Aparicio too in Madrid (1996.11.30)
spice96

Postby spice96 » 23 Jun 2017, 23:42

Gramq wrote:Seen this one LQ

Thanks I've never seen this photo :)

1996.10.¿¿
Photoshoot 1 by Mike Prior [UK, London]

1996.10.¿¿
Photoshoot 2 by Mike Prior [UK, London]
Veli

Postby Veli » Yesterday, 11:37

Wow, never seen this shot, Ramon. Great find :love:

Here's 2 more Spanish articles I scanned:

Veli

Postby Veli » Yesterday, 13:14

I removed a gazillion dots from this one. But was afraid to touch Vic's face further because I'd have ruined it. If anyone feels like fixing it (and the hole next to Mel C's foot) and post it for all of us it'd be great :$

spice96

Postby spice96 » Yesterday, 14:57

Veli wrote:

Thanks for spanish magazines :) And thank for new photo on this photoshoot

October 1996
I don't know day and location..

Veli

Postby Veli » Yesterday, 15:25

^ The photographer is Paul Ehrenreich, it was done for Popcorn magazine in Germany. Here's another article I scanned with it, on it is says the location was Prinz-fitness studio in Muenchen. But I don't know the exact date of the shoot :shrug:

spice96

Postby spice96 » Yesterday, 15:47

Veli wrote:^ The photographer is Paul Ehrenreich, it was done for Popcorn magazine in Germany. Here's another article I scanned with it, on it is says the location was Prinz-fitness studio in Muenchen. But I don't know the exact date of the shoot :shrug:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!

Incredible! Big Great contribution! Thanks for info and new pics :D

Return to “Spice Girls”