question about Geri's Sotheby auction

Slam your body down and post it all around!
Forum rules
We would kindly like to remind you that posting, requesting or linking to sites containing copyright material is against our rules and will result in a warning/ban.
VodkaMouth

Re: question about Geri's Sotheby auction

Postby VodkaMouth » 10 Dec 2013, 04:09

^ EWWWW! Not only is she a woman, she's a Spice Girl, how could you?! :p
Spicegirls120507

Postby Spicegirls120507 » 10 Dec 2013, 07:09

VodkaMouth wrote:^ EWWWW! Not only is she a woman, she's a Spice Girl, how could you?! :p

Because not all users here are allergic to vagina
VodkaMouth

Postby VodkaMouth » 10 Dec 2013, 13:49

Spicegirls120507 wrote:
VodkaMouth wrote:^ EWWWW! Not only is she a woman, she's a Spice Girl, how could you?! :p

Because not all users here are allergic to vagina

Gay
Drowned
Custom Title: Stupid cupid

Postby Drowned » 10 Dec 2013, 14:45

Just imagine how many great moments the glamour pics gave me around that time! :dee:

And going back to the subject, I can understand the point in selling some pieces of memorabilia for the Cancer care and distancing herself from her Ginger persona, but selling your awards (some of them prestigious) it's just plain stupid. Maybe she though she would collect a lot of them with her solo career...
kristal
Custom Title: Gingerboy

Postby kristal » 10 Dec 2013, 19:21

VodkaMouth wrote:
kristal wrote:the blue pvc costume is in my country malta at hard rock cafe ;-) my friends took me for my birthday with this sorprise a long time ago

I would love to see it! :love:

She wore that during a special on Spanish TV (the screengrabs you posted are from there) and she instantly became every man's favourite. BOOBS.

come to malta for a holiday and i will take you there :) :)
VodkaMouth

Postby VodkaMouth » 10 Dec 2013, 22:35

^ DEAL!
Cory-Jayne
Previous username(s): Corky & CoryJ

Postby Cory-Jayne » 11 Dec 2013, 03:18

I can see getting rid of the clothes but selling awards especially awards that aren't easy to obtain, dayum!
Dave87

Postby Dave87 » 11 Dec 2013, 08:08

This is just sad. Don't know if it's 100% true but I heard you can re order plaques and awards given to you. I've heard of other artists doing that for stolen awards.
Spicegirls120507

Postby Spicegirls120507 » 11 Dec 2013, 21:01

At least she didn't sell her VMA.
PeruvianSpice

Postby PeruvianSpice » 11 Dec 2013, 21:49

how many did she sell?
Thom
Previous username(s): THOM
memyselfandspice

Postby Thom » 17 Jul 2017, 18:51

i so want that catalogue

shame to think a lot of that stuff is lying some rich kid's basement
...And They Have Escaped The Weight Of Darkness

http://youtu.be/oxRWqirflxk
PoshInMaine
Previous username(s): BostonBeebs

Postby PoshInMaine » 17 Jul 2017, 20:37

My god... the stuff she sold. I would have kept the awards, the Wannabe costume and the Union Jack Dress. ... and the Roadster.
Javi
Custom Title: f.k.a. IER

Postby Javi » 17 Jul 2017, 21:13

I'm surprised at all "OMG she sold the awards!" comments. Out of all her stuff, the awards were probably the less important things, since they're not unique and many artists have those same awards (just for different achievements/years). But almost all the outfits and shoes were one-of-a-kind pieces that no one else has and they have their own story (sometimes an iconic one).
-If you really bug me, then I'll say goodbye.
Andreas
Custom Title: Alpha Male.

Postby Andreas » 17 Jul 2017, 22:26

Javi wrote:I'm surprised at all "OMG she sold the awards!" comments. Out of all her stuff, the awards were probably the less important things, since they're not unique and many artists have those same awards (just for different achievements/years). But almost all the outfits and shoes were one-of-a-kind pieces that no one else has and they have their own story (sometimes an iconic one).

I agree. I would've sold awards, especially platinum awards and insignificant things like that. Most of those outfits were truly iconic and so amazing.

Mind you I'm sure she sold them at the right time in terms of popularity and maximum profit for the children's cancer charity.
macspice

Postby macspice » 18 Jul 2017, 06:01

If this makes us feel sad, imagine how the other spice girls felt when they saw this. It really is like an estate sale for a dead celebrity.

Not only that, but it put a price on everything Spice and totally cheapened the band while they were still out there trying to make things happen.

1,000% she regrets it, she even bought back that roadster recently. That indicates to me that she has regrets. Her daughter probably has expressed question and resentment for her doing it too.

:cry:
Andreas

Postby Andreas » 18 Jul 2017, 09:41

macspice wrote:If this makes us feel sad, imagine how the other spice girls felt when they saw this. It really is like an estate sale for a dead celebrity.

Not only that, but it put a price on everything Spice and totally cheapened the band while they were still out there trying to make things happen.

1,000% she regrets it, she even bought back that roadster recently. That indicates to me that she has regrets. Her daughter probably has expressed question and resentment for her doing it too.

Are you serious? Those are her things, she can do whatever she want with them! Most of those clothes she owned prior to becoming a Spice Girl even, so they're more Geri than they are Ginger.

The only two things Geri has expressed regretting selling is the Union Jack-dress and the roadster. The roadster her husband bought back to her as a gift (most probably because he loves cars too and think it's an iconic piece), Geri didn't buy it herself. And the Union Jack she tried to buy back for the reunion tour, but she decided against it for whatever reason.

The rest is all material things that she herself purchased and wore. It's her decision. And I'm very sure that the children's cancer charity she supported were thrilled and found that money to be a necessity.

She did the best and most selfless thing she could possibly do with the stuff at the exact right time. Got to love it when people try to shame her for it.
Javi
Custom Title: f.k.a. IER

Postby Javi » 18 Jul 2017, 15:27

macspice wrote:If this makes us feel sad, imagine how the other spice girls felt when they saw this.

The girls have showed a lot of times that we care more about the group than themselves, so I highly doubt they cared. I mean, Geri sold her clothes and we were/are fans of her, so it's kind of sad for some fans (I don't think it is, tbh), but the other girls weren't fans, they were the group itself, so each of them have their memories attached to their own clothes/awards, not the other members'.

macspice wrote:1,000% she regrets it, she even bought back that roadster recently. That indicates to me that she has regrets.

First of all, she didn't buy it back, her husband did. And secondly, as far as I know he bought the same car model, not exactly the same car Geri auctioned. Correct me if I'm wrong. That doesn't mean she regrets the auction, that only means (as far as we know) that Christian knew the story behind the car. He works in F1, it's only natural he was more interested in the car story than the music, the books and so on. I can picture them having a "which was your first car?" conversation in their early dates and he remembering Geri used to own that kind of car, so he bought it again cause he loves cars. It doesn't necessarily have to be an "I auctioned this thing I loved and now I regret it" situation.
-If you really bug me, then I'll say goodbye.
PeruvianSpice

Postby PeruvianSpice » 18 Jul 2017, 18:07

I think it is THE car.

If I remember correctly, she said Xtian tracked it down to buy it back so...

I had no idea Geri tried to get her union dress back. Really? How? It would've been epic
Thom
Previous username(s): THOM
memyselfandspice

Postby Thom » 18 Jul 2017, 19:34

PeruvianSpice wrote:I think it is THE car.

I had no idea Geri tried to get her union dress back. Really? How? It would've been epic

the car in the auction book is white / grey
the car Xtian bought (she drove it in the BCC docu) is red

didn't know that either
strange the HRC is clinging on to it
...And They Have Escaped The Weight Of Darkness

http://youtu.be/oxRWqirflxk
MisterMiamiSpice

Postby MisterMiamiSpice » 18 Jul 2017, 20:07

Thom wrote:

didn't know that either

How can you tell that the car in the auction is "white/grey?" It's a black and white photo. By the way, the auction description says the roadster is finished in red with a black top.
Andreas

Postby Andreas » 18 Jul 2017, 20:59

MisterMiamiSpice wrote:
Thom wrote:

didn't know that either

How can you tell that the car in the auction is "white/grey?" It's a black and white photo. By the way, the auction description says the roadster is finished in red with a black top.

The car she bought with the first big pay check she got as a Spice Girl was a red roadster, the very same she sold at Sotheby's in 1998.

And yes, it's the exact same car Christian tracked down and bought to give back to Geri - from same guy who bought it in 1998 (he still owned it).
WhatTheHell

Postby WhatTheHell » 18 Jul 2017, 22:47

macspice wrote:If this makes us feel sad, imagine how the other spice girls felt when they saw this. It really is like an estate sale for a dead celebrity.

You're jumping in too many conclusions.
I doubt Bluebell has a word on this. Geri did the best thing she could ever do: sell those things to help people.
Hannes84
Custom Title: ChiariWarrior

Postby Hannes84 » 18 Jul 2017, 22:59

You guys are hilarious sometimes. It's always this or that, never all of the above. Of course she feels bad for selling some of them, that's perfectly normal. Of course she sold them because she felt like she let them down and didn't want to keep the stuff because she felt un-worthy after she left. Of course she gave the money to charity, cause she wanted to actually help. And lastly, of course her husband bought her the car back because she truly wanted it back. It's not black and white, folks.
I often look upon the stars, darling. Which one's yours?
Andreas

Postby Andreas » Yesterday, 18:49

Hannes84 wrote:Of course she sold them because she felt like she let them down and didn't want to keep the stuff because she felt un-worthy after she left.

LMFAO. BULLSHIT.

Ever been in a relationship that made you miserable and unhappy and when ended you wanted to get rid of everything because the way they made you feel when you saw them/were around them? That doesn't mean that you feel unworthy of your partner, the relationship or your ex in the slightest! What ignorant thing to claim!

If you never experienced this then you are either a liar or have lived a very overprotected life and eventually it will happen to you too.

Everything has a time and a place, and when an era is over, people get rid of things because they don't identify with them anymore or that it goes with their new life. That doesn't mean they as people feel unworthy of the things or of the phase they have gone through! It means that an era has come to and end and that it's time for someone else to enjoy those things.

When I ended a 9 year long relationship I got rid of most of the stuff we divided between us, simply because I did not identify with them or felt it represented me in any way anymore. Did I feel unworthy of them? No! I felt huge relief and happy that someone else could make use of them.
Andreas

Postby Andreas » Yesterday, 19:36

Hannes84 wrote:You guys are hilarious sometimes. It's always this or that, never all of the above. Of course she feels bad for selling some of them, that's perfectly normal. Of course she sold them because she felt like she let them down and didn't want to keep the stuff because she felt un-worthy after she left. Of course she gave the money to charity, cause she wanted to actually help. And lastly, of course her husband bought her the car back because she truly wanted it back. It's not black and white, folks.

And another thing: you end your post by saying "it's not black and white, folks", yet your post is the most black/white of the bunch. Lols.

Return to “Spice Girls”