Spice Girls wax @ Madame Tussauds - NYC (Outfit changed)

Slam your body down and post it all around!
Forum rules
We would kindly like to remind you that posting, requesting or linking to sites containing copyright material is against our rules and will result in a warning/ban.
bombie

Re: Spice Girls wax @ Madame Tussauds - NYC (Outfit changed)

Postby bombie » 24 Aug 2016, 03:20

Maybe they can put the Spice Girls and Nsync together and have like a "Bands that cannot reunite because of one member" section...
MarcelWithLuv
Custom Title: Marcel With Luv

Postby MarcelWithLuv » 24 Aug 2016, 14:50

bombie wrote:Maybe they can put the Spice Girls and Nsync together and have like a "Bands that cannot reunite because of one member" section...

LOL!

Still a fan

Postby Still a fan » 24 Aug 2016, 15:48

It would be awesome if the statues return with the olympics outfits...

Just a dream eheheheh :D
Alexpc

Postby Alexpc » 26 Aug 2016, 10:27

charmedboy wrote:^^ they're actually investing in them, if they took them off the floor to wash their clothes, hair and so on....i just hope they'll be back asap, since i'm going to NYC in 3 weeks....

They are not investing in them, the museum washes every figure's clothes and hair every now and then... That's called maintenance.

The figures they do invest money on are the ones that get their hair updated to the real star's current look, that get new make up every season, and get regular outfits changes, usually to good expensive clothes. The Spice Girls along with the other "classics" (Not current or active stars) have the same outfit and hair for years at a time, and their clothes are ripped and harshly hand-sewn.
Spice-World

Postby Spice-World » 26 Aug 2016, 16:04

Alexpc wrote:They are not investing in them, the museum washes every figure's clothes and hair every now and then... That's called maintenance.

The figures they do invest money on are the ones that get their hair updated to the real star's current look, that get new make up every season, and get regular outfits changes, usually to good expensive clothes. The Spice Girls along with the other "classics" (Not current or active stars) have the same outfit and hair for years at a time, and their clothes are ripped and harshly hand-sewn.

Most figures at Madame Tussauds will go for a couple of years at a time without getting a new outfit or look. For example, there are quite a few of Lady Gaga's wax figures that are still styled exactly the same as when they launched back in 2010. It all depends on the individual museum.

The Spice Girls were actually quite a unique case because after they got restyled out of their SW Tour outfits, they got restyled again only 2 years later which pretty much never happens. Obviously it's easier for them to restyle current figures because they can get clothing and pieces directly from designers or the star themselves, but they clearly invested in trying to make the girls look somewhat similar to the SW The Movie poster. Obviously they're not amazing, but they're definitely better than the mix of different era looks they gave them when they first restyled them. I appreciate that they tried to give them legitimate looks the girls had.
JCCJR
Custom Title: Julio C

Postby JCCJR » 27 Aug 2016, 02:22

Alexpc wrote:
charmedboy wrote:^^ they're actually investing in them, if they took them off the floor to wash their clothes, hair and so on....i just hope they'll be back asap, since i'm going to NYC in 3 weeks....

They are not investing in them, the museum washes every figure's clothes and hair every now and then... That's called maintenance.

Unless they've told you this directly you can't assume they're not being invested in. Even if it's something small like custom lashes, new accessories, or repairs on footwear, all of which improve the look of a figure in need of attention. The classic figures aren't necessarily less maintained in a typical MT attraction, it might seem like it but even those figures will get new wardrobe and accessories on occasion. But at the same time the current stars don't get updated as often as you think. New makeup (or a stripped and repainted wax head to be exact) does more harm than good, as every time a wax head gets stripped of paint you lose detail from the original wax cast and that affects the likeness of the figure. A touch up to damage though is normally fine (I've heard MTNY gets a lot of damages on a daily basis).

Curious to see what the Girls come back looking like...
Spanky_Pants
Custom Title: I. Am. Awesome.

Postby Spanky_Pants » 27 Aug 2016, 02:39

They are only updating Geri, Emma and Mel B and removing the other two :laugh:
charmedboy

Postby charmedboy » 27 Aug 2016, 12:16

JCCJR wrote:
Alexpc wrote:

Unless they've told you this directly you can't assume they're not being invested in. Even if it's something small like custom lashes, new accessories, or repairs on footwear, all of which improve the look of a figure in need of attention. The classic figures aren't necessarily less maintained in a typical MT attraction, it might seem like it but even those figures will get new wardrobe and accessories on occasion. But at the same time the current stars don't get updated as often as you think. New makeup (or a stripped and repainted wax head to be exact) does more harm than good, as every time a wax head gets stripped of paint you lose detail from the original wax cast and that affects the likeness of the figure. A touch up to damage though is normally fine (I've heard MTNY gets a lot of damages on a daily basis).

this, thank you!
host image
IT'S ALL ABOUT...GIRL POWER!
Alexpc

Postby Alexpc » 29 Aug 2016, 21:55

JCCJR wrote:
Alexpc wrote:

I was in NYC for two months, and I went to the museum twice during that period. Taylor Swift had a diferent hair and outfit everytime I went and then when I went back a year later, she had another one. That's 3 looks in less than a year, which is what makes me think they do get updated very often, as I think 3 looks in 12 months is too much for a single figure, considering the museum has hundreds of figures. Angelina Jolie and Rihanna had 2 different looks on a year period, and many other too but I can't remember all the outfits and hairs of the figures I don't have a picture of. But that's an example.

The Spice Girls, on the other side, were exactly the same, and Mel B's right pinky finger was missing the first time I went and it was still missing a year later. They couldn't fix a finger in a whole year but Taylor had 3 different hairdos. So yes, I know for a fact that the classic figures are indeed less maintained than the main ones even if nobody told me this directly.
Spice-World

Postby Spice-World » 30 Aug 2016, 02:25

Alexpc wrote:I was in NYC for two months, and I went to the museum twice during that period. Taylor Swift had a diferent hair and outfit everytime I went and then when I went back a year later, she had another one. That's 3 looks in less than a year, which is what makes me think they do get updated very often, as I think 3 looks in 12 months is too much for a single figure, considering the museum has hundreds of figures. Angelina Jolie and Rihanna had 2 different looks on a year period, and many other too but I can't remember all the outfits and hairs of the figures I don't have a picture of. But that's an example.

The Spice Girls, on the other side, were exactly the same, and Mel B's right pinky finger was missing the first time I went and it was still missing a year later. They couldn't fix a finger in a whole year but Taylor had 3 different hairdos. So yes, I know for a fact that the classic figures are indeed less maintained than the main ones even if nobody told me this directly.

The last 3 Taylor looks that I am aware of were - a special look for a winter promotion, wearing an 'I <3 NY' T-shirt and finally curly hair in a grey dress. The only reason she changed from the T-shirt to the dress was because people didn't think the figure looked like her in the T-shirt. The look she's in now with the curly hair and grey dress is actually the look she originally launched in back in 2010, so if anything, they reverted back to an old look. She was changed back into the grey dress a couple months ago and hasn't been changed since.

Since NY got their own Rihanna figure, she has only ever had one look. You might have seen the Rihanna figure that was on loan from Washington DC the first time you went and then NYs own Rihanna figure the second time. Figures are occasionally swapped between different MTs which could make them appear to have new looks.

I can promise you for a fact that Mel Bs finger will 100% have been repaired within the year you saw her but someone must have knocked it off or pulled it off on the days you went. A team of artists walk through the attraction every single morning before opening checking for damage on every single figure. If there is damage such as a broken finger or ear that can't be repaired before opening, the figure is removed from the floor.

I'm sure if you were to speak to someone who worked at MTNY they'd be able to tell you all figures have the same priority when it comes to repairs and new looks, and would be horrified to hear Mel was on display with a finger missing for a day let alone a year.
JCCJR
Custom Title: Julio C

Postby JCCJR » 31 Aug 2016, 20:56

Alexpc wrote:I was in NYC for two months, and I went to the museum twice during that period. Taylor Swift had a diferent hair and outfit everytime I went and then when I went back a year later, she had another one. That's 3 looks in less than a year, which is what makes me think they do get updated very often, as I think 3 looks in 12 months is too much for a single figure, considering the museum has hundreds of figures. Angelina Jolie and Rihanna had 2 different looks on a year period, and many other too but I can't remember all the outfits and hairs of the figures I don't have a picture of. But that's an example.

I think this is the Taylor figure you're referring to?

If she's had her look changed so many times it's probably because they're struggling with making the figure look like her, and not necessarily that they "update" stars often. Also, as Spice-World said occasionally MTs will loan figures to other attractions, for example when MTNY got rid of the upside down Britney Spears figure they borrowed the Britney from MT Hollywood, and that figure had a different look. If Mel B's pinky was missing both times you went someone had probably broken it off both times before you got there. Certain figures seem to get the same damages, like figures with their hands out need to have those hands repainted often. Figures with big ears will get those broken off a lot too. There's a daily walkthrough involved in the day of a Studio Artist at MT and it sounds like maybe Mel B's finger gets replaced often. You said you can't remember everything you took a picture of but even the Marilyn Monroe figure in NY has had new wardrobe in the past couple of years. In Hollywood both Marilyn figures have had new wardrobe made for them and even Lucille Ball, Forrest Gump and Shrek got new wardrobe, all in the last three years. These may or may not be the names you think of getting "more" attention but it's proof that all the figures get looked at, unless you just meant MTNY specifically.
Still a fan

Postby Still a fan » 12 Sep 2016, 21:26

I don't know if this is the "new" look...
MarcelWithLuv

Postby MarcelWithLuv » 13 Sep 2016, 02:33

Still a fan wrote:Image

I don't know if this is the "new" look...

OLD picture.

they are not there and n`sync is out too

charmedboy

Postby charmedboy » 15 Sep 2016, 18:56

nsync just got moved a few meters away, the spice weren't there =( i was there on the 11th =(
host image
IT'S ALL ABOUT...GIRL POWER!
pinkdor

Postby pinkdor » 15 Sep 2016, 19:19

And Victoria isn't at Madame Tussauds Amsterdam anymore.
MarcelWithLuv

Postby MarcelWithLuv » 16 Sep 2016, 00:16

this is sad. =/
felx

Postby felx » 16 Sep 2016, 00:57

this may be the sign for everyone to move on..... :laugh:
"'Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: 'we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.'
'How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
'You must be,' said the Cat, 'or you wouldn't have come here.'"
Spice-World

Postby Spice-World » 16 Sep 2016, 01:18

As far as I'm aware, Victoria hasn't been on display in Amsterdam for a few years, however, she has just got a brand new wax figure. Madame Tussauds opened in Chongqing, China last week, and a new figure of Victoria is included!

[Onur]
Custom Title: aka. realspice

Postby [Onur] » 16 Sep 2016, 08:44

Madame Tussauds Istanbul is opening very soon and girls might get their wax figures in here because they were so BIG here in Turkey.

I sent an email about the Spice Girls wax figures but they told me that they are unable to give the information due to their contracts with the stars before they put the figure.
MAD

Postby MAD » 16 Sep 2016, 14:39

I'll never understand Madame Tussauds' politics. :confused:
MarcelWithLuv

Postby MarcelWithLuv » 16 Sep 2016, 19:57

Spice-World wrote:As far as I'm aware, Victoria hasn't been on display in Amsterdam for a few years, however, she has just got a brand new wax figure. Madame Tussauds opened in Chongqing, China last week, and a new figure of Victoria is included!

OMG I LOVE IT! Its new!!!!
Blond Pharaoh

Postby Blond Pharaoh » 16 Sep 2016, 20:41

WOW that looks so cool .
Sparrow

Postby Sparrow » 19 Sep 2016, 00:14

Thats cool that they used her current image and didnt try to recycle her old cast!
It also nice that they bothered to wear her on her own design (maybe she gave it to them?).
MarcelWithLuv

Postby MarcelWithLuv » 21 Sep 2016, 15:58

Jay
Mod

Postby Jay » 21 Sep 2016, 16:07

I'd say that Melanie C, Mel B & Geri's look great, but there's always something a bit off about Emma & Victoria's figures for some reason!

Return to “Spice Girls”