The Spice Girls Story: Viva Forever! Documentary

Slam your body down and post it all around!
Forum rules
We would kindly like to remind you that posting, requesting or linking to sites containing copyright material is against our rules and will result in a warning/ban.
JubileeRoad
Custom Title: SUPERfan

Re: The Spice Girls Story: Viva Forever!

Postby JubileeRoad » 28 Dec 2012, 16:10

Some of you are just so synical and don't deserve anything. Get a life and stop over analyzing things.
Brandamn

Postby Brandamn » 28 Dec 2012, 16:27

carolcastelli wrote:
TheBiatches wrote:
Thom wrote:not to cause a discussion but it kinda felt fake, Geri crying with the Goodby/Mama. maybe it wasn't fake but i just didn't believe it.
tbh, i can't believe her sincerity for the 100%. something still is broken after she left impo.

I also find she is very camera-conscious and overacts when she's on camera. I still found it very sweet though.

Agree... such a bad actress :laugh:

So what is it? Is she fake crying or is she a bad actress? Because bad actresses can't fake the waterfall of tears flowing from Geri's eyes.
Gonnabe

Postby Gonnabe » 28 Dec 2012, 16:28

JubileeRoad wrote:Some of you are just so synical and don't deserve anything. Get a life and stop over analyzing things.

I don't know if that comment is for my post but... It's cynical. :devil:
Cory-Jayne
Previous username(s): Corky & CoryJ

Postby Cory-Jayne » 28 Dec 2012, 16:47

I don't understand shy so many Spice fans dislike Geri..? :(
Flavia
Custom Title: TOPAZIA

Postby Flavia » 28 Dec 2012, 17:02

I thought GYE was more entertaining, but, overall, I liked this one too. I think it did its job, a perfect way to promote the musical.
I actually thought that Emma and Geri came across as the most enthusiastic about the group. Mel B and Victoria didn't really say much, and Melanie C always gives the same answers, so she's kinda predictable now. They all looked great.
The best moments were the girls crying at the musical's rehearsals(they didn't seem fake to me) and the ending.
PoshInMaine
Previous username(s): BostonBeebs

Postby PoshInMaine » 28 Dec 2012, 17:23

Cory-Jayne wrote:I don't understand shy so many Spice fans dislike Geri..? :(

I don't understand how any Spice fan can dislike any of them.

I may get really upset with each one of them from time to time... but I love all 5 of them. They're all so necessary to my love for the Spice Girls. :Oops:
Javi
Custom Title: f.k.a. IER

Postby Javi » 28 Dec 2012, 17:57

lance wrote:I feel the exact same way about "Like a love song never heard". I don't care how many times I hear a live version where Mel says "never heard" when I listen to the album version I still hear "Like I love song that I heard" and I refuse to change my mind on that. :hmm:

I'll never understand how can people hear "that I heard" at all. I'm not even english and I hear "never heard" quite clearly both in studio and live.
-If you really bug me, then I'll say goodbye.
Javi
Custom Title: f.k.a. IER

Postby Javi » 28 Dec 2012, 17:58

spice_of_life wrote:Anybody else see the irony of how they edited VB's Mum with her fairy just before the VF red carpet. "It's even got a ring on her finger" Cut to 4/5 girls & VB with the hubby

I don't hate it. But I didn't like how the fairy looked at all. It looked like a fake bad imitation. Her face was blurry and as if someone had half-arsed painted it. Maybe all the originals look like that and I'm used to the digital fairies and the fan recreations...
-If you really bug me, then I'll say goodbye.
schizophonic_spice

Postby schizophonic_spice » 28 Dec 2012, 18:02

Cory-Jayne wrote:I don't understand shy so many Spice fans dislike Geri..? :(

Same certain people always seem to pick at every little thing she does.
Masterpiece
Custom Title: Immune

Postby Masterpiece » 28 Dec 2012, 21:29

I just found another 720p rip of the documentary. It seems to have the closed caption text file in it. Downloading now. If it's true, I'm gonna post the text file. Might be useful for translations. :)
mohamedvbs
Previous username(s): mohamed
Custom Title: having Spice Mania

Postby mohamedvbs » 28 Dec 2012, 22:01

I loved it! Victoria was flawless, Emma was stunning as always, Melanie was amazing and that story that she was nearly kicked out did she refer to the Brit award era in 2000 when she said she doesn't feel Spice Girl anymore? Geri was typical Geri and Mel B's part at the end was so touchable, it would be better to see their mothers together in one place or even separately in it, but so far so good.
Aries

Postby Aries » 28 Dec 2012, 22:25

My problem with Geri is that I don't believe she is sincere about anything but promoting herself. She left the band because she wanted to be a massive solo star. If she had been able to maintain her popularity, I don't think she would have ever come back to the Spice Girls. But now, she never gets more attention then when she is part of a Spice Girls project. She is too me, me, me. And while I think it's good to remain young at heart, I feel like she should be a little more mature at this point in her life.
dbomb12

Postby dbomb12 » 28 Dec 2012, 22:49

But you see everyone see things differently, I don't think she does it on purpose I think it's just her, they've all been like that at some point the difference is, Geri tends to do it alot more. IMHO I feel that she has matured, not 100 percent but more that how she was back in the 90's, now if she was the exact same as back then, then she would be very much (more) hated than she is at this moment, I have a friend who does that alot, they don't mean to but they always turn things onto themselves but they don't mean no harm and I think that's the same with Geri.
JVSG

Postby JVSG » 28 Dec 2012, 23:04

The argument that Geri only does Spice Girls stuff because she never surpassed the success of the group as a solo artist hardly makes sense because the same could be said about Melanie C, yet nobody says that! If Melanie were a massive solo star, I'm not so sure that she would have done any Spice Girls reunion. Look what happened when Northern Star was outselling Forever & how quickly she dumped the group for her own solo career!
Stas
Custom Title: straight forward

Postby Stas » 28 Dec 2012, 23:30

JVSG wrote:The argument that Geri only does Spice Girls stuff because she never surpassed the success of the group as a solo artist hardly makes sense because the same could be said about Melanie C, yet nobody says that! If Melanie were a massive solo star, I'm not so sure that she would have done any Spice Girls reunion. Look what happened when Northern Star was outselling Forever & how quickly she dumped the group for her own solo career!

I think it was their main problem, after the success of their solo careers (i.e first solo albums) they thought that they don't need the group anymore. Same happened to Robbie Williams, I guess, Kevin (Backstreet boys) etc.
mel2vicem

Postby mel2vicem » 28 Dec 2012, 23:41

Yeah, I agree. Mel C and Geri were not interested in the SGs when they were doing well as solo artists, much like Victoria with her fashion career (although she doesn't enjoy performing anymore, so it is a bit different). As soon as Geri started to falter after Passion, we had the start of the SGs reunion with the big dinner and hanging out more. Mel C got her "dreaded" phonecall 2 years after her last solo hit (FDOML), so she thought "what the hell".
Toefje
Banned

Postby Toefje » 28 Dec 2012, 23:44

lol all the assumptions and cynical bullshit on here
sammy01

Postby sammy01 » 28 Dec 2012, 23:45

JVSG wrote:The argument that Geri only does Spice Girls stuff because she never surpassed the success of the group as a solo artist hardly makes sense because the same could be said about Melanie C, yet nobody says that! If Melanie were a massive solo star, I'm not so sure that she would have done any Spice Girls reunion. Look what happened when Northern Star was outselling Forever & how quickly she dumped the group for her own solo career!

You have to be a bit soft to not realise Mel's attitude towards the spice girls and reuniting changed a lot as 2007 wore on. This time flopped hard and she obviously could see the writing on the wall. First day of my life probably prevented her from changing that attitude sooner, as it was basically the only thing that saved BI from being a huge mess.

The 1st reunion I kind of think Mel also had a "this will get me back in the public eye, boost my solo career" outlook on it too, hence still pushing this time even in the tour programme. I think since then she has realised her solo work will never be commercially successful any more and the spice girls are something high profile and fun for her these days.
Follw me, you know you want to - https://twitter.com/Sammyb01
babybugz

Postby babybugz » 29 Dec 2012, 00:04

Stas wrote:

I think it was their main problem, after the success of their solo careers (i.e first solo albums) they thought that they don't need the group anymore. Same happened to Robbie Williams, I guess, Kevin (Backstreet boys) etc.

Kevin never had a solo career, he just outgrew the group. He's back now though.
schizophonic_spice

Postby schizophonic_spice » 29 Dec 2012, 00:42

mel2vicem wrote:Yeah, I agree. Mel C and Geri were not interested in the SGs when they were doing well as solo artists, much like Victoria with her fashion career (although she doesn't enjoy performing anymore, so it is a bit different). As soon as Geri started to falter after Passion, we had the start of the SGs reunion with the big dinner and hanging out more. Mel C got her "dreaded" phonecall 2 years after her last solo hit (FDOML), so she thought "what the hell".

Geri started mending her relationship with the others long before Passion, she started speaking to Victoria in 2002 before the February 2003 reunion dinner was organised. In 2002 Geri was still fairly big on her own, she'd just done "Popstars the Rivals"/released a best selling second book and was about to do "All American Girl" in the US/cameo in "Sex & the City". She clearly made up with the others because she wanted to not because of her career being on the wane.

To say she only started "hanging out" with the others after Passion flopped is very untrue.
auroragingerkitty

Postby auroragingerkitty » 29 Dec 2012, 02:08

I think they all went back because they realised how good they had it in the band and how much fun it was, and they just wanted to relive some of the most exciting and fun moments in their lives which is FINE! If Mel C was having a massive solo career, I think she would still have come round to wanting to do the Spice Girls reunion because it's clearly FUN to be around the girls. All of them are massively rich, do not need to work EVER again and seem pretty happy in their lives (except Victoria in my eyes. This is just my opinion, but she doesn't look like someone who is happy deep down inside, she really doesn't), so I think they love to reunite because they feel empowered and special when they're with eachother; they do it because it makes them feel good.
dbomb12

Postby dbomb12 » 29 Dec 2012, 03:16

If Mel C had an amazing solo career she would be with Spice Girls now how Victoria is being with them, arriving by herself and being there but not really being there and that's the truth, once her first album did well she couldn't wait to run away from the band, but I think initially like someone else said Mel C agreed to do the ROTSG because she had a bigger audience to promote her at the time latest album to and then after the tour she got pregnant and I think at the end she enjoyed it and has a good time, but I think Geri leaving was more about her ego than about becoming a solo star.

Geri wasn't in control of the group anymore like she used to be and she hated that she wasn't needed like she was before, also her and Mel B didn't have the greatest relationship back in 1998, and I think with her not being featured much in Viva Forever she decided to just go even though she left at the worst time and it could have waited, but if she had stayed longer I believe she would have never wanted to join the group ever again. Part of the reason I think Geri was eager to rejoin the girls IMO is because she felt immensely guilty at how she left and she didn't wanna leave the story like it was, just like H & Claire from Steps, the guilt of it made her eager to join the girls and prove that she is indeed back.
JVSG

Postby JVSG » 29 Dec 2012, 03:30

sammy01 wrote:You have to be a bit soft to not realise Mel's attitude towards the spice girls and reuniting changed a lot as 2007 wore on. This time flopped hard and she obviously could see the writing on the wall. First day of my life probably prevented her from changing that attitude sooner, as it was basically the only thing that saved BI from being a huge mess.

The 1st reunion I kind of think Mel also had a "this will get me back in the public eye, boost my solo career" outlook on it too, hence still pushing this time even in the tour programme. I think since then she has realised her solo work will never be commercially successful any more and the spice girls are something high profile and fun for her these days.

I never denied that about Melanie's attitude towards the Spice Girls. My point is, people here claim that Geri crawled back to the Spice Girls because her solo career lost steam & so she wanted to be in the press again to satisfy her need for attention (this is what others say, not I FYI!) But these same people never mention Melanie C doing the same! :dizzy: I have nothing against Melanie, because I believe that both she & Geri were sincere when they decided to do the reunion. It annoys me when people say that Geri is pathetic & two-faced for doing anything related to the Spice Girls because she (supposedly) wouldn't be doing so if she were a big solo artist, yet Melanie C refused to do anything with the Spice Girls after the EMAs in 2000 (ok, except Live 8)! & when she finally decide to do the reunion, she looked like a hypocrite until the reunion itself thankfully changed her attitude & helped her to overcome her demons from the past.

As it was mentioned before, people shouldn't attack Geri & say that she wouldn't do anything related to the Spice Girls if she were a massive solo artist, because the same could be said about Melanie C from 2000-2007 & about Victoria now. Unfortunately, for some people on here, Geri can never do any good & will always be a dishonest, talentless, selfish attention whore. :rolleyes: As others have mentioned, when Emma, Melanie C & Mel B cried in the documentary, it was genuine. But when Geri cried, it was for the cameras! Seriously?! :angry:
Masterpiece
Custom Title: Immune

Postby Masterpiece » 29 Dec 2012, 05:01

Ok, so I've been asked a lot on facebook and twitter if I'm making a DVD of the documentary, and yes, I'm slowly making one. This is the final one, not gonna do them anymore (at least, not gonna publish them).

It's gonna feature the promotional video for the musical (the 4min video from youtube - NOT the highlights), and the olympics performance in two flavours: international and BBC feed, plus brazilian portuguese subtitles for the main feature, the documentary. I'm also making covers for it. Download the package, print the covers, make your own set.

Not taking further requests, not making shipping services, not making a dime, like the usual.

Once it's done, it's gonna be in public torrents, like piratebay and such, so its longevity will rely on you guys. Feel free to publish wherever you want, it's something I'm working on for my own collection, and I'm just sharing (like it's been for the last 12 years when it comes to me uploading the things I come up with - but a little mention would satisfy my ego).

:)
Christina91
Custom Title: ObsessiveBiatch

Postby Christina91 » 29 Dec 2012, 07:54

Jay wrote:I spent some time this evening editing the 2007 & 2012 documentaries together. I now have a 1 hour 55 minute long documentary on iMovie. :laugh: I put it all in chronological order, so the clips pertaining to the musical are at the very end, after everything that was specifically about the group history. I quite enjoyed creating it actually. It's hardly perfect, but I'm pleased with the final result.

Jay, will you be putting up the mixed 2007 and 2012 version at some point? I'd LOVE to have it.

Return to “Spice Girls”