The Spice Girls Story: Viva Forever! Documentary

Slam your body down and post it all around!
Forum rules
We would kindly like to remind you that posting, requesting or linking to sites containing copyright material is against our rules and will result in a warning/ban.
Sman
Custom Title: Pop doodler

Re: The Spice Girls Story: Viva Forever!

Postby Sman » 04 Jan 2013, 00:33

These are my thoughts exactly Jay. I just think, with much hindsight, it wasn't a great idea to air on christmas eve. I really do think had it gone out even mid January that it would have created a far greater reappraisal (or continuation of positive reappraisal) for the girls. Not to the extent that the Take That documentary did in 2005 or Abba's in 99, but I do believe the GH and singles would have climbed much higher. It was a shame to see 'Viva Forever' get so high then get completely lost in the post xmas giftcard meltdown!
[Onur]
Custom Title: aka. realspice

Postby [Onur] » 08 Jan 2013, 00:33

Gasoline wrote:First NYE now Christmas Ever what's next for a Spice Girls documentary? Easter day?

LOL, Queen's birthday.
sammy01

Postby sammy01 » 08 Jan 2013, 04:48

Sman wrote:These are my thoughts exactly Jay. I just think, with much hindsight, it wasn't a great idea to air on christmas eve. I really do think had it gone out even mid January that it would have created a far greater reappraisal (or continuation of positive reappraisal) for the girls. Not to the extent that the Take That documentary did in 2005 or Abba's in 99, but I do believe the GH and singles would have climbed much higher. It was a shame to see 'Viva Forever' get so high then get completely lost in the post xmas giftcard meltdown!

Well obviously we will never know, but Viva forever the song must have gained some extra sales from the gift card effect too.

I cant remember the exact figures but I'm pretty sure Viva forever sold more to re-enter at 190, than Spice up your life did at #94. The week Viva forever charted MW revealed the #2000 selling single sold over 300 copies, 50% more than normal. Given the placements of all their old singles on Itunes that week I'd say everyone of their singles bar headlines made the top 2000 comfortably. They probably sold over 10k singles that week, which surely would have been less without the gift card effect.
Follw me, you know you want to - https://twitter.com/Sammyb01
Jay
Mod

Postby Jay » 08 Jan 2013, 05:15

You're right - I would say 'Spice Up Your Life' sold around 2,500 downloads when it re-entered at #95, and 'Wannabe' about 1,500 at #155. Like you said a few days ago, 'Viva Forever' must have sold at least 2,700 at #192.

I wish the UK charts would just reveal the charts publicly with weekly sales & totals. Even America do! Hate how it's "sensitive data" here.
sammy01

Postby sammy01 » 08 Jan 2013, 05:39

Oh I know, every few weeks all the sales data always leaks from US charts, it is annoying we don't get the same.

I wish the documentary would have aired in the US on gift card week. Digital sales over there are huge and it could have picked up the old songs a good few thousand sales each.

I'd love to know worldwide how much the Spice Girls sold last year, must have been over 250,000 records.
Follw me, you know you want to - https://twitter.com/Sammyb01
simby

Postby simby » 08 Jan 2013, 10:44

I'd love to know worldwide how much the Spice Girls sold last year, must have been over 250,000 records.[/quote]
wow it would be great!
SpiceBoyStitch

Postby SpiceBoyStitch » 08 Jan 2013, 20:08

I loved the documentary. It made me all sentimental and took me right back to the Christmases of 96 and 97. As soon as I started seeing the adverts memories of the Christmas singles and getting lots of SG merchandise both years came flooding back. Good times.

Glad to hear that it produced at least some extra sales too!
The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long and you have burned so very, very brightly
wannabeMelB

Postby wannabeMelB » 08 Jan 2013, 20:45

dbomb12 wrote:But you see everyone see things differently, I don't think she does it on purpose I think it's just her, they've all been like that at some point the difference is, Geri tends to do it alot more. IMHO I feel that she has matured, not 100 percent but more that how she was back in the 90's, now if she was the exact same as back then, then she would be very much (more) hated than she is at this moment, I have a friend who does that alot, they don't mean to but they always turn things onto themselves but they don't mean no harm and I think that's the same with Geri.

+1 Geri was 25 then, when i was at her age i felt like i need a change for myself. and her image was a drag queen if she continue that kind of image, no one will respect her. and sometimes "ME TIME" or Alone time is very important you can do whatever you want, she can write her songs and never ask the other girls if this is ok or not.
Gonz

Postby Gonz » 12 Jan 2013, 20:34

Hi! I don't know if this is the right place to say it, but I'm making spanish subtitles for the documentary and I've almost finished, but there are a few things that I don't really understand and I just need somebody to tell me what is being said so I could translate it, and I would like to know if someone here can help me with it! Thanks (:

Masterpiece
Custom Title: Immune

Postby Masterpiece » 12 Oct 2014, 20:13

720p webrip has been posted on piratebay / torrents. No logos, no network stuff. #tip
Gonnabe

Postby Gonnabe » 13 Oct 2014, 23:22

ERick you really are Giving Us Everything! Thank you!!!
Craig-Rogers
Custom Title: I Am Craig

Postby Craig-Rogers » 14 Oct 2014, 00:53

Thank you Erick! :D
Indospice

Postby Indospice » 14 Oct 2014, 01:01

Masterpiece wrote:720p webrip has been posted on piratebay / torrents. No logos, no network stuff. #tip

THANKS ERIC! You're THE BEST! :lovers:
simby

Postby simby » 14 Oct 2014, 10:39

wow this documentary has been shown in at least 10 different countries! Spice up your life!
HermeSpice
Custom Title: Hot n Cold

Postby HermeSpice » 14 Oct 2014, 10:46

Ohhhh can't access pirate bay in the UK!!! :-(
Spice_addict

Postby Spice_addict » 15 Oct 2014, 23:58

Also available on Netflix (Brazil, Mexico, Argentina and Colombia) :D
Gonnabe

Postby Gonnabe » 16 Oct 2014, 11:32

I watched again last night (of course skipped the horrible musical parts) and is it me or did Geri just killed Viva Forever's meaning? The way I understood it, she says it's about a relationship that is over but you are forced to see them the next day. Like a one night stand. I love you but it's over, see you tomorrow. That's what she meant right?
Thanks
peruspice

Postby peruspice » 16 Oct 2014, 16:15

Well! Not exactly a one-night stand.
I understood it's like a summer love. It's over. I might see you again, but life goes on. I don't think she killed the meaning - as that's what VF is about. Besides, she co-wrote it. She must know better than us.
spiceworldforever

Re: The Spice Girls Story: Viva Forever! Documentary

Postby spiceworldforever » 12 Mar 2017, 20:12

Sorry to bump this, but does anyone have a HD download link for this? All of the torrents are dead, I would rip it from YouTube, but they all have spanish subtitles, and I would like to have it without them.

Thank you in advance guys!

Return to “Spice Girls”