Spice Girls: Reunion Rumours & Random Discussion Thread

Slam your body down and post it all around!
Forum rules
We would kindly like to remind you that posting, requesting or linking to sites containing copyright material is against our rules and will result in a warning/ban.
schizophonic_spice

Re: Spice Girls: Reunion Rumours & Random Discussion Thread

Postby schizophonic_spice » 15 May 2017, 22:41

Andreas wrote:
MarcelWithLuv wrote:I love the energy of this track PERIOD

Exactly! It's all about the vibe, the happiness. If this track doesn't get you in a happy mood there's something wrong with you. In my opinion this song is the essence of the Spice Girls. Positivity. Happiness. Getting together with good people and celebrating good times.

Definitely it and Spice Up Your Life Give me that exact same feeling. This is largely in part for why Spiceworld is their best album and one of the best albums from any artist. It should be studied in College by musicians on how pop is done properly. :$
_rEaSoN_

Postby _rEaSoN_ » 17 May 2017, 11:18

MC confirmed there were talks for a joint tour with BSB a few years ago:

PeruvianSpice

Postby PeruvianSpice » 17 May 2017, 18:27

Hmm I think it never happened cause they wanted to celebrate their 20th Anniversary by themselves so waited til 2016 (we all know how that went)...

Maybe the SG-BSB was supposesd to happen in 2014. I remember the girls were supposed to tour then
DannyDirnt

Postby DannyDirnt » 18 May 2017, 00:01

In the end, they should have just gone for it in 2014. They had a perfect chance right after the Olympics and didn't take it.
Hannes84
Custom Title: ChiariWarrior

Postby Hannes84 » 18 May 2017, 00:30

Tbh Song for Her is pure Spice Girls and teenagers play it like nuts in here lol. A young friend of mine said he has heard the song at least a hundred times at school within two weeks . Such a wasted opportunity.

But the girls keep going back & forth until Mel C says yes. It'll happen. But when is another issue.
I often look upon the stars, darling. Which one's yours?
Hannes84

Postby Hannes84 » 18 May 2017, 00:41

schizophonic_spice wrote:Due to streaming it's hard to determine what could be a hit song in this day.

However with some more production work and mastering of the vocals I definetly could see Song for Her as a hit song with decent promotion. It has a wonderful chorus.

It is a hit. The only problem being it cant chart, and nobody gets paid cause they were silly enough to not officially publish it on Spotify & iTunes. The feedback on YT has been overwhelmingly positive.
Amaranthine18

Postby Amaranthine18 » 18 May 2017, 04:44

Hannes84 wrote:
schizophonic_spice wrote:Due to streaming it's hard to determine what could be a hit song in this day.

However with some more production work and mastering of the vocals I definetly could see Song for Her as a hit song with decent promotion. It has a wonderful chorus.

It is a hit. The only problem being it cant chart, and nobody gets paid cause they were silly enough to not officially publish it on Spotify & iTunes. The feedback on YT has been overwhelmingly positive.

Well said. No matter how much others say that the song is crap, it generated global buzz/hype. The YouTube view is enough proof. Impressive for just a "leak" song. Such a shame they deleted it. It could have reached million views by now.
~niki~

Postby ~niki~ » 18 May 2017, 04:55

_rEaSoN_ wrote:MC confirmed there were talks for a joint tour with BSB a few years ago:

I would SO love that to happen. It's nice to know it was at least considered at some point. What a fantastic show that would be! (for those of us who like both groups, anyway).
Amaranthine18

Postby Amaranthine18 » 18 May 2017, 05:14

~niki~ wrote:
_rEaSoN_ wrote:MC confirmed there were talks for a joint tour with BSB a few years ago:

I would SO love that to happen. It's nice to know it was at least considered at some point. What a fantastic show that would be! (for those of us who like both groups, anyway).

I like them both but I don't like the idea that they have to compress everything in just 2 hours especially if a DVD will be released.
KingOfSpiceWorld

Postby KingOfSpiceWorld » 18 May 2017, 15:10

schizophonic_spice wrote:
Andreas wrote:

Exactly! It's all about the vibe, the happiness. If this track doesn't get you in a happy mood there's something wrong with you. In my opinion this song is the essence of the Spice Girls. Positivity. Happiness. Getting together with good people and celebrating good times.

Definitely it and Spice Up Your Life Give me that exact same feeling. This is largely in part for why Spiceworld is their best album and one of the best albums from any artist. It should be studied in College by musicians on how pop is done properly. :$

So basically everyone that understand English and understands that the song makes no sense lyrically other than the chorus which basically says nothing, has something wrong going on with them? Why can't you accept that some people have different taste and can love an artist without being a fanatic weirdo that can see no wrong? That's what's wrong with these forums.
Hannes84

Postby Hannes84 » 18 May 2017, 15:20

KingOfSpiceWorld wrote:
Andreas wrote:

So basically everyone that understand English and understands that the song makes no sense lyrically other than the chorus which basically says nothing, has something wrong going on with them? Why can't you accept that some people have different taste and can love an artist without being a fanatic weirdo that can see no wrong? That's what's wrong with these forums.

I can accept that the song is not for everyone (it's for HER!) But the song is as meaningful as Spice Up Your Life, lyrically, so I don't see your point.
Javi
Custom Title: f.k.a. IER

Postby Javi » 18 May 2017, 15:36

Hannes84 wrote:
KingOfSpiceWorld wrote:
Andreas wrote:Exactly! It's all about the vibe, the happiness. If this track doesn't get you in a happy mood there's something wrong with you. In my opinion this song is the essence of the Spice Girls. Positivity. Happiness. Getting together with good people and celebrating good times.

I can accept that the song is not for everyone (it's for HER!) But the song is as meaningful as Spice Up Your Life, lyrically, so I don't see your point.

They're talking about NGUTGT, not SFH.
-If you really bug me, then I'll say goodbye.
simby

Postby simby » 18 May 2017, 17:25

Yesterday in her Twitter page Katy Perry posted in a tweet "Spice up your Life"!
MarcelWithLuv
Custom Title: Marcel With Luv

Postby MarcelWithLuv » 18 May 2017, 21:10

She used to be a chancer, sparkle in the rain
Told me she needed a friend
(trying everything for success with loads of people around her trying the same and she’s feeling lonely)

If she's going crazy, baby's on the way
Seems like the day never ends
(She’s doing a lot of things in a hurry and feeling out of place but a “babe is on the way” a feeling of hope for her)
felx

Postby felx » 18 May 2017, 21:17

oh my....

YES their songs were silly (lyrically)

but they were young!!!!!

Now they are in their 40....if they cant wrote normal lyrics that's big problem....

back then they were young and silly, loveable, now just sad and laughable.... :laugh:

that is the different!
"'Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: 'we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.'
'How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
'You must be,' said the Cat, 'or you wouldn't have come here.'"
Hannes84

Postby Hannes84 » 18 May 2017, 22:00

felx wrote:oh my....

but they were young!!!!!

Now they are in their 40....if they cant wrote normal lyrics that's big problem....

back then they were young and silly, loveable, now just sad and laughable.... :laugh:

that is the different!

Dude, it's the Spice Girls. Not Adele. What happened when they went more "mature" and sexy with their imagine during the Forever era? They flopped. It wasn't fun anymore. It was not care-free. It was like Brandy or Janet Jackson. And that was NOT why Spice Girls were famous and selling shitload of albums. What people want is songs like Song for Her, not songs like Tell Me Why. That's why the feedback has been mainly positive this time around. Only some fans and fans who work at news papers have had a lot to whine about.
KingOfSpiceWorld

Postby KingOfSpiceWorld » 18 May 2017, 23:02

Hannes84 wrote:

but they were young!!!!!

that is the different!

Dude, it's the Spice Girls. Not Adele. What happened when they went more "mature" and sexy with their imagine during the Forever era? They flopped. It wasn't fun anymore. It was not care-free. It was like Brandy or Janet Jackson. And that was NOT why Spice Girls were famous and selling shitload of albums. What people want is songs like Song for Her, not songs like Tell Me Why. That's why the feedback has been mainly positive this time around. Only some fans and fans who work at news papers have had a lot to whine about.

That is not what people want. It is what some (correct me if I'm wrong but I think like less than 50% of their denden forums fans) fans who are stuck in the nineties and play a broken record expect and want.
If what you say was the case, why did Geri flop? Why did Headlines flop? Why did voodoo flop and was even scrapped from the tour?

plus saying that spice girls were all about fun, proves that you don't really know the spice girls but rather the bubblegum image of their products.
Say you'll be there, love thing, if you can't dance, naked, last time lover, something kinda funny, take me home, denying, Saturday night divas say Hello!

And Adele? She has a voice but most of her lyrics make song for her read like a shakesperean poem.
DannyDirnt

Postby DannyDirnt » 19 May 2017, 00:17

I agree a little bit with everyone. On the one hand, it is true that the lyrics for Song For Her are somewhat underwhelming, and I'd much rather have a more inspiring theme and at least some empowering phrases. "You know you light it up" just doesn't quite cut it. However, on the other hand, I'm not expecting the Spice Girls to write a masterpiece, but to lift my mood. They had a few lyrically good ones, like Goodbye or Viva Forever, but do you really pay a lot of attention to the lyrics when you listen to Stop, WDYTYA or Spice Up Your Life? Because they are not much more complex than Song For Her.
~niki~

Postby ~niki~ » 19 May 2017, 00:55

Amaranthine18 wrote:
~niki~ wrote:

I like them both but I don't like the idea that they have to compress everything in just 2 hours especially if a DVD will be released.

It's not going to happen anyway, but it would be so cool to have a song with both bands. Considering there are no lead singers in either group, it would be interesting to see what they could come up with for ten people. A back and forth girl vs guy song would have been cute.
Official Spiceworld
Custom Title: Spice Girls Net

Postby Official Spiceworld » 19 May 2017, 14:56

~niki~ wrote:
Amaranthine18 wrote:
~niki~ wrote:

It's not going to happen anyway, but it would be so cool to have a song with both bands. Considering there are no lead singers in either group, it would be interesting to see what they could come up with for ten people. A back and forth girl vs guy song would have been cute.

Interesting that the BSB collaboration was actually being talked about by both groups. I always assumed it was just a rumour.
SPICE GIRLS NET - Twitter|Facebook|Blog|Instagram
onebigfan

Postby onebigfan » 19 May 2017, 15:33

Hannes84 wrote:

but they were young!!!!!

that is the different!

I agree, the Spice Girls are totally about having fun. Another reason Headlines flopped too, it wasn't what the fans or the public wanted at the time, we wanted them to return with a fun new record that would catch everyone's attention again, instead we got a boring ballad that was something Adele might have been able to make a number 1 hit of. And don't even get me started on that video ...
Javi
Custom Title: f.k.a. IER

Postby Javi » 19 May 2017, 15:50

Hannes84 wrote:Dude, it's the Spice Girls. Not Adele. What happened when they went more "mature" and sexy with their imagine during the Forever era? They flopped.

That couldn't be less accurate.

They didn't bother to promote the album and totally forgot about it the minute it hit the stores. They didn't release more singles, barely did a handful UK performances and didn't go on tour. We will never know how much would've Forever sold if they had been 100% into it and if they had promoted it worldwide like they did with Spice and Spiceworld.

Assuming the album flopped because they matured and went down the r&b route/look makes no sense cause, like I mentioned, there's a lot of other factors that made it flop.

The SG were about fun and such things, I agree. But they were also loved for their mature stuff. The Say You'll Be There video is really similar to the Holler one when it comes to styling and vibe, 2 Become 2 is their 2nd best selling single and it wasn't a fun song nor it had a fun video. Despite being a fun song, SUYL had a really dark video that most fans love. Viva Forever is their most acclaimed song and it's a mature ballad with an animated video. And their r&b side on songs like Last Time Lover, Naked, IUCD, Denying, Saturday Night Divas or Too Much is really appreciated by fans, not only their easy bubblegum pop songs. So I don't think that the average SG fan wants "fun" from them only. They want both cause they were the best act in delivering both fun and quality stuff.
Last edited by Javi on 19 May 2017, 15:55, edited 1 time in total.
-If you really bug me, then I'll say goodbye.
budhi

Postby budhi » 19 May 2017, 15:54

In 1999 people were sick and over the 'fun' spice girls, as well as the colorful 90s. The slick new millennium was on the doorstep and actually the new sound would have done better in my opinion than a third era of 'fun', had it been promoted better.
King

Postby King » 19 May 2017, 20:12

The 3rd era aka Forever flopped because they gave up on it. If they actually bothered to promote it, released a few more singles and toured, it would have been a totally different story.
herman22j

Postby herman22j » 19 May 2017, 20:51

King wrote:The 3rd era aka Forever flopped because they gave up on it. If they actually bothered to promote it, released a few more singles and toured, it would have been a totally different story.

Absolutely. I blame Mel C. Just like they said in interview she couldn't be bothered to show up (northern star era went into her head!)
NUFF SAID

Return to “Spice Girls”