Spice Girls: Reunion Rumours & Random Discussion Thread

Slam your body down and post it all around!
Forum rules
We would kindly like to remind you that posting, requesting or linking to sites containing copyright material is against our rules and will result in a warning/ban.
The Spice Girls

Re: Spice Girls: Reunion Rumours & Random Discussion Thread

Postby The Spice Girls » 28 Apr 2017, 03:03

megzluvsmelc wrote:
Jay wrote:https://www.facebook.com/heartlondon/videos/10158593338540113/

Orlando Bloom: Are you getting back to [the Spice Girls] by the way, is that true, are those rumours true?
Emma: No they're not true I'm afraid

I knew it! Geri never said about the reunion in The S*n! Don't believe what you read though!

Why do you keep typing that title with that little star instead of "u"? What's the point? :dizzy:
megzluvsmelc
Custom Title: Beautiful Mind

Postby megzluvsmelc » 28 Apr 2017, 03:17

The Spice Girls wrote:
megzluvsmelc wrote:

Orlando Bloom: Are you getting back to [the Spice Girls] by the way, is that true, are those rumours true?

I knew it! Geri never said about the reunion in The S*n! Don't believe what you read though!

Why do you keep typing that title with that little star instead of "u"? What's the point? :dizzy:

Well it's because The Sun is the one of the scummy newspaper since Hillsbourgh disaster back in 1989 where 96 Liverpool fans were unlawfully killed at the football match. Also the reason why I put "The S*n" is because they blamed Liverpool fans for the disaster. Well that's explain it all!
WhatTheHell

Postby WhatTheHell » 28 Apr 2017, 11:12

megzluvsmelc wrote:
The Spice Girls wrote:
megzluvsmelc wrote:

Well it's because The Sun is the one of the scummy newspaper since Hillsbourgh disaster back in 1989 where 96 Liverpool fans were unlawfully killed at the football match. Also the reason why I put "The S*n" is because they blamed Liverpool fans for the disaster. Well that's explain it all!

I was wondering about that too. I guessed it was a sing of disrepect towars the newspaper, which I understand because the just can't stop liying, but I would like to know if there is some kind of reasoning behind it, like use it to prevent google indexing it.
Fenrik
Custom Title: OSLOVE

Postby Fenrik » 28 Apr 2017, 17:30

WhatTheHell wrote:
megzluvsmelc wrote:
The Spice Girls wrote:
megzluvsmelc wrote:

I was wondering about that too. I guessed it was a sing of disrepect towars the newspaper, which I understand because the just can't stop liying, but I would like to know if there is some kind of reasoning behind it, like use it to prevent google indexing it.

I guess this must have been quite a shock to you then?

Spoiler: show
WhatTheHell

Postby WhatTheHell » 29 Apr 2017, 23:30

I think you didn't get my point. I know the The Sun VS Liverpool story and what happened with Melanie a few months back when she did that interview.
I get the sentimental part and I even support it, but my question is what do you get not typing the name of the newspaper?
Maybe it is just a way to show his feelings towards The Sun.
hahahaha maybe I was being too machiavellian and thought that not typing the name their website would get less visits or something like that.
spicefreak
Custom Title: Enjoy the show

Postby spicefreak » 30 Apr 2017, 00:48

Fenrik wrote:
WhatTheHell wrote:
megzluvsmelc wrote:
The Spice Girls wrote:

I guess this must have been quite a shock to you then?

Spoiler: show

Was there really any need for that?

Just because someone she likes has done an interview for a trashy racist newspaper she (and most of the country) despise, doesn't mean she should like the newspaper or dislike Melanie... We're all adults we make our own choices and should just respect that. :shrug:
charmedboy

Postby charmedboy » 01 May 2017, 22:54

Geri's interview on Vanity Fair Italy this week:

For years now there's a rumor about the Spice Girls getting back together. Any hope this will happen?

Geri: "We thought about it, but Victoria doesn't want to know anything about it and Melanie C is unsure. Emma, Mel B and I recorded a song, Song For Her, to celebrate the band's 20 years. The fans welcomed it with an enthusiasm we didn't expect. We'd like to do something. If Mel C will join, we'll be happy."

Source: https://www.vanityfair.it/people/mondo/ ... irl-gossip
host image
IT'S ALL ABOUT...GIRL POWER!
PeruvianSpice

Postby PeruvianSpice » 01 May 2017, 23:38

Melanie C unsure? That kinda confirms she's changed her tune a bit
MAD

Postby MAD » 01 May 2017, 23:41

Those bits are by one of her fans that met her recently and signed the "interview". I hope next time someone meet her, she confirms it.
DannyDirnt

Postby DannyDirnt » 01 May 2017, 23:48

That sounded pretty straight-forward and sincere. Like God, all we needed was that. Thanks, Geri.
The Spice Girls

Postby The Spice Girls » 02 May 2017, 00:13

charmedboy wrote:Geri's interview on Vanity Fair Italy this week:

For years now there's a rumor about the Spice Girls getting back together. Any hope this will happen?

Geri: "We thought about it, but Victoria doesn't want to know anything about it and Melanie C is unsure. Emma, Mel B and I recorded a song, Song For Her, to celebrate the band's 20 years. The fans welcomed it with an enthusiasm we didn't expect. We'd like to do something. If Mel C will join, we'll be happy."

This is the best I've read about this so called reunion this year! Thank you, Geri!
ep7210

Postby ep7210 » 02 May 2017, 05:56

The Spice Girls wrote:

This is the best I've read about this so called reunion this year! Thank you, Geri!

If these were her real words, she sounded like they actually chose to release SFH for their fans, which was sadly not true...They never chose to release any songs for fans
Mikerecords
Previous username(s): -Mike-
Custom Title: The 004

Postby Mikerecords » 02 May 2017, 07:22

So they're waiting for Melanie C to join... Good for them, I missed Melanie C's voice in Song For Her.
THE sequel to GEM's "Song For Her"...
Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeKNs7v1ONA
The 'Song For Me' release date is scheduled for May 16.
The single will be released on online channels including Amazon, iTunes, Spotify, Beatport and more.

http://www.instagram.com/the004official
ForeverSpiceBoy
Location: Make it loud, 'cos the world is my dance floor! (Mexican living in Chile)

Postby ForeverSpiceBoy » 02 May 2017, 14:07

Mikerecords wrote:So they're waiting for Melanie C to join... Good for them, I missed Melanie C's voice in Song For Her.

The thing is I'm not entirely sure what she meant.

It could be that they want to do something even if Melanie is not on borad, but if she joins they'll be happy to have her on board.
Or could be that they want to do something and will happilly do it ONLY IF Melanie joins.

Maybe it's just me that doesn't understand it. Either way, I don't get my hopes high.
kamel

Postby kamel » 02 May 2017, 14:28

ep7210 wrote:
The Spice Girls wrote:

If these were her real words, she sounded like they actually chose to release SFH for their fans, which was sadly not true...They never chose to release any songs for fans

Maybe they wanted to release it but they knew the song was not that good and they did gave up
schizophonic_spice

Postby schizophonic_spice » 02 May 2017, 14:53

She probably meant the fans welcomed the leak with enthusiasm on twitter and on youtube as that first video for Song For Her that later got removed got alot of views and positive comments.
Hannes84
Custom Title: ChiariWarrior

Postby Hannes84 » 02 May 2017, 16:47

She considers Song for Her leak as something they did for the fans? It was leaked, and not in high quality either. If you wanna do something for the fans, release it on iTunes and Spotify, maybe make a cheap ass lyric video, since they're so trendy these days, and say thanks. I mean, it's not like a it's a bad song or anything. It's care-free, catchy and positive. Very Spice Girls. Of course their fans have huge, unrealistic expectations of anything they do, and no matter what they released, it'd still be panned by fans. Just forget about what anyone thinks and do what you want.
I often look upon the stars, darling. Which one's yours?
Javi
Custom Title: f.k.a. IER

Postby Javi » 02 May 2017, 16:53

She said fans welcomed the song with enthusiasm, not that it was meant to be released or that they specifically recorded it for the fans. Don't twist her words.
-If you really bug me, then I'll say goodbye.
PeruvianSpice

Postby PeruvianSpice » 02 May 2017, 20:16

I think her words are taken so different by everyone

Me, I understood it as: they recorded it... it got leaked (she didn't say they leaked it but obviously they found out it got leaked) and fans liked it (which is true with a lot...)

That's it.
WhatTheHell

Postby WhatTheHell » 03 May 2017, 04:13

PeruvianSpice wrote:I think her words are taken so different by everyone

Me, I understood it as: they recorded it... it got leaked (she didn't say they leaked it but obviously they found out it got leaked) and fans liked it (which is true with a lot...)

That's it.

That's actually what everyone here should understand but then the forum would be really boring.
Hannes84
Custom Title: ChiariWarrior

Postby Hannes84 » 03 May 2017, 13:34

PeruvianSpice wrote:I think her words are taken so different by everyone

That's it.

She also said her record won't be released because it got leaked. So, that's her thinking.
I often look upon the stars, darling. Which one's yours?
DannyDirnt

Postby DannyDirnt » 04 May 2017, 15:03

Hannes84 wrote:She also said her record won't be released because it got leaked. So, that's her thinking.

She said she doesn't know if Beautiful Life will be released because it got leaked. She was never so certain it won't.
Javi
Custom Title: f.k.a. IER

Postby Javi » 04 May 2017, 15:13

DannyDirnt wrote:
Hannes84 wrote:She also said her record won't be released because it got leaked. So, that's her thinking.

She said she doesn't know if Beautiful Life will be released because it got leaked. She was never so certain it won't.

In another interview she said she couldn't use the songs she had recorded cause they had leaked it.

Not that it means she won't use them for sure, but she did mention that apart from her Beautiful Life comment.
-If you really bug me, then I'll say goodbye.
BootyliciousJosh

Postby BootyliciousJosh » 05 May 2017, 05:01

Even though the album leaked, she can easily re-work the song.
ep7210

Postby ep7210 » 05 May 2017, 12:24

BootyliciousJosh wrote:Even though the album leaked, she can easily re-work the song.

Once the songs leaked, no record company will be willing to release them so it's not up to her to release those leaked songs...even though they are reworked...

Return to “Spice Girls”