Spice Girls: Reunion Rumours & Random Discussion Thread

Slam your body down and post it all around!
Forum rules
We would kindly like to remind you that posting, requesting or linking to sites containing copyright material is against our rules and will result in a warning/ban.
PeruvianSpice

Re: Spice Girls: Reunion Rumours & Random Discussion Thread

Postby PeruvianSpice » 06 May 2017, 18:14

Actually, that Mel B story surfaced long ago and we all hated Mel... but seeing everything in perspective, that interview was conducted the day she had an episode with Stephan where they fought and later he locked her in her room and made her feel the X Factor finale... so her behaviour, even if rude, is understandable... she was going through hell

Geri and Melanie C seemed like the nicest ones. And Emma was lovely...

VB seemed lke an insecure woman... or so I understood
mel2vicem

Postby mel2vicem » 06 May 2017, 18:44

Quite ironic that he went on and on about Victoria being insecure about photos yet in every photo he has the same pout going on!
FarAway

Postby FarAway » 06 May 2017, 18:52

Mel B did say to him she just had a big fight with her ex that day, and now we all know what that was like, so we can't really blame her. But it is a good story on all of them.
Andreas
Custom Title: Alpha Male.

Postby Andreas » 06 May 2017, 22:03

Mel B has definitely been through a lot and I have a lot of empathy for her and her family. However, it's been recorded time and time again by many different people that she is not the nicest nor easiest person to work with of be around. The David Sinclair book, I need say no more.

And he's not the only fan who had a bad experience when meeting la Victoria. His pout has nothing to do with it. It's interesting, Victoria keeps insisting she's not a moody bitch, and though I'm sure she is a decent enough creature in private, she pretty much sets up her public persona herself. So if she doesn't want to be seen as a c*nt she should start behaving differently. Personally I think she gets off of acting like a stuck-up supermodel.
tommie

Postby tommie » 06 May 2017, 22:56

Victoria just sounds like your every day control freak. She wants to control her image at any cost, so she comes off as stuck up. She's never going to let her guard down around a random journalist.
WhatTheHell

Postby WhatTheHell » 06 May 2017, 23:29

Andreas wrote:
Madrox wrote:https://www.theguardian.com/music/2017/may/05/my-quest-to-meet-the-spice-girls?CMP=fb_gu

Read that earlier, it's a very good read. And pretty much confirm what I expect the different girls to be like.

Great read! And yes, it is what I more or less expect from them. I've met MelC, Emma and Geri and my impressions suit perfectly with this article. Although I've met them in different circumstances. I mean, he met them working, I was just stalking them (not true, just Emma :p )
James
Custom Title: Legacy member

Postby James » 07 May 2017, 02:21

Nice article from the Guardian but I can't help but feel he was a bit inflammatory - clearly goading Mel B in a bad mood (why would you?), telling Emma that Geri was your favourite Spice Girl (clearly that wasn't the preferred answer) and Melanie C never likes questions about the other girls.

If I was a fan that waited until 2014 to meet my favourite group, I'd definitely go about it in a different way - but good on him for getting pictures with all five.
DannyDirnt

Postby DannyDirnt » 07 May 2017, 10:32

I sort of expected all of them to be nice. Reading that about Mel B disappointed me a bit, but it is true she was going through a lot at that time. Victoria sounds okay, just really concerned about the pictures that will surface online. She's just very insecure. It surprises me though that after 20 years of fame she still hasn't got over it all. It was lovely to read the Geri part. Pretty much what I expected, she has come a really long way as a person and that's empowering for whoever looks up to her.
AcidBurn
Custom Title: Triple Goddess Three

Postby AcidBurn » 07 May 2017, 14:04

I appreciate when people are being honest and call out celebrities when they are being rude. At the end of the day, they're normal people just like you and me, and shouldn't get special treatment just because they're of a certain status. As a journalist, you should always show a certain amount of professionalism, but the same goes for the person who is being interviewed.
Hannes84
Custom Title: ChiariWarrior

Postby Hannes84 » 07 May 2017, 19:57

Madrox wrote:https://www.theguardian.com/music/2017/may/05/my-quest-to-meet-the-spice-girls?CMP=fb_gu

Surprisingly good journalism by today's strandards. Really good read. I know Mel B has had a rough marriage and you cannot downplay that in any way. But she has pretty much always acted like she did in the interview mentioned in the article. She's all over the place, rude, making personal remarks about the interviewers, and calling questions stupid. Just really unprofessional and that's probably why she is my least fav Spice Girl (right after Geri). Seems like Emma, Mel C and Vic are the only ones that actually appreciate what they have and how they got there.
I often look upon the stars, darling. Which one's yours?
Andreas

Postby Andreas » 07 May 2017, 21:02

Hannes84 wrote:

Surprisingly good journalism by today's strandards. Really good read. I know Mel B has had a rough marriage and you cannot downplay that in any way. But she has pretty much always acted like she did in the interview mentioned in the article. She's all over the place, rude, making personal remarks about the interviewers, and calling questions stupid. Just really unprofessional and that's probably why she is my least fav Spice Girl (right after Geri). Seems like Emma, Mel C and Vic are the only ones that actually appreciate what they have and how they got there.

So interesting that after reading that you chose to completely ignore that he more or less spelled out that Geri was the nicest one of the bunch, and at the same time you're left with the idea that Victoria behaved better.

Obviously we read different articles.
spicefreak
Custom Title: Enjoy the show

Postby spicefreak » 07 May 2017, 21:37

Andreas wrote:
Hannes84 wrote:

So interesting that after reading that you chose to completely ignore that he more or less spelled out that Geri was the nicest one of the bunch, and at the same time you're left with the idea that Victoria behaved better.

To be fair he didn't actually say that the article suggested that about Geri he said it about Melanie B then went on to say it's pretty much what we expect of her then (and Geri) in brackets which makes it an additional comment not necessarily linked to the article... :shrug:
Andreas

Postby Andreas » 07 May 2017, 22:03

Judging by that article (and countless other fan reports) it doesn't seem like Geri has any problem being grateful to her fans and appreciate where she came from and how she got where she is.
DannyDirnt

Postby DannyDirnt » 07 May 2017, 22:27

I get the impression that, even though Geri used to be incredibly full of herself, she is the most grateful and nice girl nowadays. She commes across to me as the most mature one.
Madame de Saint-Just

Postby Madame de Saint-Just » 07 May 2017, 22:28

Entertaining article, nicely written. The only part that I found even moderately shocking was Mel B's behaviour.
I can't though - for the life of me - understand why anybody would think that Victoria was being a bitch or unpleasant or stuck-up. She's insecure, has always been. Having read her part over three times, she didn't do or say anything insulting or unkind. That kind of insecurity that she has been manifesting since becoming famous can only go away with years of therapy, not on its own.
Snapple Spice

Postby Snapple Spice » 08 May 2017, 03:45

Wow, that article was good! I would love to hear more about other people's experiences meeting the girls, especially if they are, like the guy who wrote this, "in the know" about most of their solo experiences as well.
~I Love Melanie C :)~
PeruvianSpice

Postby PeruvianSpice » 08 May 2017, 04:40

Geri has come a long way and seems the more mature to me.

I don't get why you wouldn't tell a girl your fave was another... So what? They know that happens...
Mikerecords
Previous username(s): -Mike-
Custom Title: The 004

Postby Mikerecords » 08 May 2017, 07:34

Emma has always been a nice person in my eyes. I didn't like Geri during her It's Raining Men / SIYWGF days. Remember that interview in Dutch TV show 'Ushi'? She came across so cold most of the time.
THE sequel to GEM's "Song For Her"...
Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeKNs7v1ONA
The 'Song For Me' release date is scheduled for May 16.
The single will be released on online channels including Amazon, iTunes, Spotify, Beatport and more.

http://www.instagram.com/the004official
Archie
Previous username(s): Archie69

Postby Archie » 08 May 2017, 09:08

Mikerecords wrote:Emma has always been a nice person in my eyes. I didn't like Geri during her It's Raining Men / SIYWGF days. Remember that interview in Dutch TV show 'Ushi'? She came across so cold most of the time.

Are you joking?)) In Ushi interview she was funny, down to earth and she understood jokes, when a lot of celebs at this shows are too serious. Adele was also very funny and down to earth. I think at that time Geri was a bit sick, because of her diets. Actually i think Geri was always friendly with her fans. Yeah, i've heard a couple of stories from fans that she was in a bad mood. But she is a human, she can have a bad day.
Hannes84
Custom Title: ChiariWarrior

Postby Hannes84 » 08 May 2017, 15:39

spicefreak wrote:
Andreas wrote:
Hannes84 wrote:

To be fair he didn't actually say that the article suggested that about Geri he said it about Melanie B then went on to say it's pretty much what we expect of her then (and Geri) in brackets which makes it an additional comment not necessarily linked to the article... :shrug:

Thank you :)

Anyway, yes I agree that Geri is not the egoistic self-centered person she used to be (or at least so it seems), but all of the anti-SG stuff she did when she left the band, to promote her career really made me lose all interest in her. And I'm sure it's left a mark on many fans, too. But I am over it.
I often look upon the stars, darling. Which one's yours?
RobKelly666

Postby RobKelly666 » 08 May 2017, 18:46

I think everyone knows that Mel B can be difficult - with or without personal problems. It is well documented that she is a bit blunt, brutally honest and can be a bit "scary"! She was like that pre-fame and she has confessed that at times she dealt with her fame by being quite arrogant and even obnoxious at times. It's all part of her and who she is. Without that attitude I doubt she would have been half as successful as what she has been. That said, I'd definitely feel a bit intimidated meeting her!

Victoria has always come across as quite aloof I think - a bit stand off-ish. I would agree that this is down to her insecurity. The whole not smiling thing is her armour too - she's letting the press know she is in control. However, we all know she is also incredibly funny and warm to those she trusts and knows. I think she has totally moved away from celebrity because of her insecurities and not feeling comfortable with the whole package that comes with fame! Plus, she is much better at fashion - hence the OBE!

I find the write up about Geri really interesting and I think it reflects how much she has changed. When she left the Spice Girls I truly think she believed she would become the Robbie Williams of the group in terms of commercial success. For a while, with 4 number 1 hit singles and 2 top 5 albums, it looked like she might. Then things started to go a little bit wrong and she didn't have either commercial or critical success. I think this was quite humbling for Geri and I think it done her ego good to bring her back down to earth a little bit. She see s absolutely lovely these days.

Emma and Melanie C I think everyone knows are approachable and down to earth. Emma seems to have coped really well with fame over the years and seems quite confident and secure about what she has and hasn't achieved. I bet she loves a good gossip / bitch though haha. Melanie C has coped less but maybe she is just too nice sometimes? I think she has got better over the years as she has had to become quite tough for self preservation. She too went through a bit of an arrogant phase at one point later in the Northern Star era - but she seems to have got back on track somewhere along the way!

I love the girls and think the article reflects them completely - they're not flawless but nobody is.
Jay
Mod

Postby Jay » 08 May 2017, 20:38

I enjoyed the article too! I've read a few of Joe's columns in Attitude magazine, and he'd often mention the Spice Girls in them, so it's great to read him achieving a lifelong ambition (even if a couple of the experiences were less than he'd hoped for). I think it's very understandable in retrospect why Mel B was being so off at that point in time, although without that knowledge at the time I can understand why he was put out by her behaviour.

My longtime favourite has been Emma; if I was to meet any of the others and they happened to ask me who my favourite Spice Girl is... I think for the sake of politeness and to avoid awkwardness, I'd fib and say it was them! :p

I've met Melanie C once (very recently at her tour meet and greet) but not the others. She was lovely!Image I was very nervous and it went by in a bit of a blur, but after the m&g was over I felt so happy that she had been nice, friendly & conversational and I wished I hadn't been so worried about it beforehand. However despite that experience going really well, I'd still feel just as nervous meeting the others, if not more so... particularly if I met Emma (that might seem surprising!). It's just because she's my favourite, I'd be worried if it went badly somehow.
Jay
Mod

Postby Jay » 08 May 2017, 20:46

By the way, on Snapchat in the Discover section, Entertainment Weekly is running a feature on the Spice Girls... it focuses on what they got up to in May 1997 i.e. 20 years ago. I've done some screen shots, I'll try and remember to post them later!
PeruvianSpice

Postby PeruvianSpice » 08 May 2017, 20:47

I don't know... if I meet a girl and without them asking, I go and say "Hi there Victoria, Melanie C has always been my fave", it's quite weird and dumb.

But if they themselves ask, then they set themselves up for whatever the answer is...

Obviously it's you reply too. You can say: I loved u all but she was my fave... Or u were my 2nd fave...
kamel

Postby kamel » 09 May 2017, 14:42

The rock band One republic did just posted a tweet and mention the Spice girls :confused: https://twitter.com/OneRepublic/status/ ... 5406301184

Return to “Spice Girls”