Spice Girls Random Discussion Thread | Emma: "and Mel B was there" :')

Slam your body down and post it all around!
Forum rules
We would kindly like to remind you that posting, requesting or linking to sites containing copyright material is against our rules and will result in a warning/ban.
Stas
Custom Title: straight forward

Re: Spice Girls Random Discussion Thread | Victoria: "There won't be a reunion" [Page 664]

Postby Stas » 19 Mar 2017, 13:50

pinkbecca12 wrote: I don't think Jay should close it, there are respectful fans talking on this thread peacefully, I think some rude members should be banned but not to close this topic, otherwise what's the point if we can't talk about what's happening in Spiceworld?

Well, it seems really hard to find news in this thread with the constant bashing and arguing, I feel like I have read the same things 600 times already.

Every single person on this planet is entitled to change their opinion about something and they don't have to explain, why. People change, opinions change. Get over it.
kamel

Re: Spice Girls Random Discussion Thread | Victoria: "There won't be a reunion" [Page 664]

Postby kamel » 19 Mar 2017, 13:58

I think Jay should lock this down, it's very tiring to read all of this bitching comments here
Fenrik
Custom Title: OSLOVE

Postby Fenrik » 19 Mar 2017, 16:07

If this thread gets locked we´d have to create a new thread every single time some of the girls say/do something regarding reunions.
Wouldn´t that just cause MANY more arguments all over the place? Isn´t it better to stick to one thread with all this bickering?
KingOfSpiceWorld

Postby KingOfSpiceWorld » 19 Mar 2017, 16:55

Just ban the horrible people already. We all know who they are.
Or is it because Jay doesn't like Melanie C? I remember getting alerts and ban threats during the reunion for commenting on the talent of a certain spice girl. And now people just come in here to spill their poison instead of going to therapy so we can all live happy.
You made this place a stable and nobody wants to visit anymore.
AcidBurn
Custom Title: Triple Goddess Three

Postby AcidBurn » 19 Mar 2017, 17:14

Could you just delete posts where people go over the line maybe? I don't want this to become a place where people are afraid to post controversial opinions, but there's a difference between posting your opinion and belittling others. The latter shouldn't be tolerated at all.
Jay
Mod

Postby Jay » 19 Mar 2017, 19:14

I love Melanie C! In fact it is mainly down to her why I'm even posting these verbal warning posts. Some members are posting about her in a way that is actually rule-breaking. I've just been trying to appeal to people's better nature by giving a verbal warning to everyone in general, before resorting to warns/bans. I can see that it's not working though because certain members are just carrying on as usual.

I've already spoken at length about how difficult it is to be the only mod here. The ability to keep on top of issues like this is so much more efficient and effective with a team deciding what to do. When it all falls on my shoulders alone, that is a lot of pressure and I have no one around me to discuss whether a certain choice of action is the right thing to do.

I just wonder why some members find it so hard to simply behave like adults, there's a way of discussing the Spice Girls without things getting personal towards other forum members, or crossing the line of what is acceptable to say in regards to the Spice Girls themselves. I'm also pretty baffled at this point at the capacity people have to argue aggressively about the exact same subject ad nauseam. :think:

Obviously something has to give and I guess if things just continue how they are, I'll have no choice but to warn/ban.
AcidBurn
Custom Title: Triple Goddess Three

Postby AcidBurn » 19 Mar 2017, 21:04

I think we definitely need more mods here. Not because you're doing a bad job, but like you said it's a lot of responsibility to carry for just one person. I just checked the "Who wants to be a new mod" thread, and there hasn't been anything new posted there an a while. Did the whole thing fall flat before it started?
Agent_Spice
Custom Title: Escrow Spice

Postby Agent_Spice » 19 Mar 2017, 21:51

If I might make a suggestion, maybe there could be a news thread which is limited to videos/articles and a separate reaction thread for people to post their opinions and responses to these developments? That way those that just wanted the facts could read through without all the colorful commentary and those willing to engage in verbal combat can do so in that separate thread.

It seems like such a shame that moderators have to waste so much time and energy. Perhaps there can be a non-moderated black hole thread where people can just vent and if people want to respond to other's venting, they can do so at their own peril.
spiceworldforever

Postby spiceworldforever » 19 Mar 2017, 21:58

Think it would be a good idea to start sending out warning/bans. I don't even bother replying in this thread anymore. It's just the same couple of users replying the same argument over and over. I feel bad that Jay has to deal with this shit on his own.
Fenrik
Custom Title: OSLOVE

Postby Fenrik » 19 Mar 2017, 22:00

Agent_Spice wrote:If I might make a suggestion, maybe there could be a news thread which is limited to videos/articles and a separate reaction thread for people to post their opinions and responses to these developments? That way those that just wanted the facts could read through without all the colorful commentary and those willing to engage in verbal combat can do so in that separate thread.

It seems like such a shame that moderators have to waste so much time and energy. Perhaps there can be a non-moderated black hole thread where people can just vent and if people want to respond to other's venting, they can do so at their own peril.

Sort of like "oh yeah?? You wanna take this outside?? Well, all right! See you in that thread then!"

Actually not a bad idea! :D
Dave87

Postby Dave87 » 19 Mar 2017, 22:10

While I agree the fighting is getting out of hand people moaning about not being able to read news without reading the more aggressive posts and just lying or lazy. The news is literally listed in the title with page number. No one is forcing you to read anything you don't want to.
DannyDirnt

Postby DannyDirnt » 20 Mar 2017, 00:58

I think disrespectful members have already been verbally warned enough times and should start getting punished already. However, I think closing the thread is not necessary nor fair to those who behave correctly. I personally enjoy coming here and reading people's thoughts when things are calm, even if I don't have anything to add. Also, this is no longer a thread for only reunion rumours, and I think it's great to have a thread for random Spice Girls talk when there's not much new to discuss.
pinkbecca12

Postby pinkbecca12 » 20 Mar 2017, 07:57

Stas wrote:
pinkbecca12 wrote: I don't think Jay should close it, there are respectful fans talking on this thread peacefully, I think some rude members should be banned but not to close this topic, otherwise what's the point if we can't talk about what's happening in Spiceworld?

Well, it seems really hard to find news in this thread with the constant bashing and arguing, I feel like I have read the same things 600 times already.

Every single person on this planet is entitled to change their opinion about something and they don't have to explain, why. People change, opinions change. Get over it.

are you commenting about me wanting Melanie C to give us the real truth?, if so then yes we all deserve to know exactly why she changed her mind, she's been talking about it on every interview lately but not giving the exact reason, so yes I understand people change and opinions change, I'm just saying I wish we knew the truth, there's no need to be rude and say "get over it", I'm chatting peacefully and haven't disrespected anyone, have a good day. :)
MidnightFantasy

Postby MidnightFantasy » 20 Mar 2017, 09:01

DannyDirnt wrote:I think disrespectful members have already been verbally warned enough times and should start getting punished already. However, I think closing the thread is not necessary nor fair to those who behave correctly. I personally enjoy coming here and reading people's thoughts when things are calm, even if I don't have anything to add. Also, this is no longer a thread for only reunion rumours, and I think it's great to have a thread for random Spice Girls talk when there's not much new to discuss.

I completely agree, too much warnings but not action, that's why they keep being so disrespectful, Jay please do not close this topic, at this point some members should be banned from this forum, I don't care how many years they have been in here, if they don't follow the rules, they need to be out!
Alexpc

Postby Alexpc » 20 Mar 2017, 09:44

Fenrik wrote:
Agent_Spice wrote:If I might make a suggestion, maybe there could be a news thread which is limited to videos/articles and a separate reaction thread for people to post their opinions and responses to these developments? That way those that just wanted the facts could read through without all the colorful commentary and those willing to engage in verbal combat can do so in that separate thread.

Sort of like "oh yeah?? You wanna take this outside?? Well, all right! See you in that thread then!"

Actually not a bad idea! :D

I love it... I really enjoy to come here once in a while and have a little fight after a long day at work, I find it so relaxing,
and I laugh so much reading all the comments of people complaining about the fighting. You can't just take away the fun.

Black hole! Black hole! Black hole! :devil:

WhatTheHell

Postby WhatTheHell » 20 Mar 2017, 13:08

Maybe a temporally ban?
Like 48h. Time enough to calm down.
Mikerecords
Previous username(s): -Mike-
Custom Title: The 004

Postby Mikerecords » 20 Mar 2017, 14:02

Fingers crossed for a 4 or 5 piece reunion. :) :$
MarcelWithLuv
Custom Title: Marcel With Luv

Postby MarcelWithLuv » 20 Mar 2017, 14:38

Suzanne wrote:
Official Spiceworld wrote:7

This was on RTL and uploaded onto their YouTube channel yesterday.

Apparently the guy speaking is Wiliam Rutten who photographed the group.

Does anyone know what he is saying? Thank you :)
he took those pictures, some of them in his bathroom. Before the shoot the management send him a fax with things that they wanted to have there. Like lots of food etc. A friend of him made sure that all those things where there. So when they came to the fotoshoot they where surprised that all those things where there, because that where the things they wantend at concerts. But because of that the shoot went very well. 2 weeks after this shoot they because really famous in america and he made lots of money with those pictures. Sorry my english sucks haha. But its a little bit what he's saying in this video.

understood everything. thank you Suzanne!!!
BostonBeebs81

Postby BostonBeebs81 » 20 Mar 2017, 15:19

Even though it's nothing new, hearing Victoria say it (again) still feels like a small punch to the gut. It's sad just cause I hate to imagine that it's truly over forever. I'm thankful I got to see TROTSG and obviously the Olympics was just... flawless. Maybe they'll never tour or perform again but at the same time, maybe if something like the caliber of the Olympics came up again, the 5 of them would do a one off performance like that. Or maybe the five of them will get together for a sit down special or something, like an interview and a look back.

To be honest, as I listen to Victoria, I just can't see her up there dancing and singing Wannabe of Spice Up Your Life. She doesn't have that "vibe" anymore so I dunno, I guess I get it. I truly feel bad for fans that were supposed to get the reunion tour and they didn't go. If I hadn't seen them live as a five piece, I'd be gutted too. I understand the frustration.
Andreas
Custom Title: Alpha Male.

Postby Andreas » 20 Mar 2017, 15:41

I don't know where people get the idea that something was to happen after the end of the reunion tour? They never said they were going to do much, not even the musical was a project all of them participated in. It was mainly Geri, Emma and Melanie C.

We thought they would never reunite prior to the announcement of the reunion tour because Melanie C kept insisting up until the week before the announcement that she was not interested in a reunion. So who knows what's going to happen.

Victoria saying she won't participate is just natural. I give her credit for confirming what has been written for years.

They did so much in they very little time they have been active, I don't understand why we demand more. The group is part of pop history, we can't ask more than that.

But in here all people do is complain. As if they owe us something. No. We chose to buy their music. We chose to buy their merchandise. They never released it on the premise that they would keep releasing stuff for the rest of our lives! The mentality is completely ridiculous, like a spoiled little child.

If they never had existed you'd be happily ignorant because you wouldn't know what you missed. Now you are unhappy because you had it and you demand more. You never deserved it to begin with.

Furthermore, I fully support Jay and closing this topic/banning or warning people. We know the rules. Unfortunately Jay's the only one from the admin to upkeep it, so people in here have been allowed to run freely and think that whatever they say and however they behave is justified because "that's the way they are"- it's bullshit. Behave. And use common sense. Otherwise go troll somewhere else.
kamel

Postby kamel » 20 Mar 2017, 16:13

I heard in the radio that Vic will sue GEM if they will reunite :shrug: so GEM did gave up
schizophonic_spice

Postby schizophonic_spice » 20 Mar 2017, 16:21

kamel wrote:I heard in the radio that Vic will sue GEM if they will reunite :shrug: so GEM did gave up

Surely rubbish she really would have no power in suing them as she didn't have any solo ownership over any of the catalogue or even the Spice Girls name. I doubt she'd do that anyway.

I do think she doesn't support the idea of GEM though.
MAD

Postby MAD » 20 Mar 2017, 17:06

Victoria was my second favourite back in the day (for me now there's no reason to make a chart of the girls), I like her and she can do whatever she wants but what makes me sad is that after 2010 she doesn't look spontaneous when she is in public and on social media, I mean I know that people changes, she has another job but now she seems totally another person in public (I can't judge how she acts in her private life). Donatella Versace and Dolce & Gabbana have the same job but they aren't so controlled when they are talking. I totally support her decision to leave the Spice Girls in the past even if it makes sad, but I would be happier if she looks real more often when she talks about them or in general. In that meeting of some years ago at a school of fashion designers I've found her very spontaneous, like the old Victoria. At the today show when she was asked about the Spice Girls she started saying "at..." and then she firmly changed words and said there will never be a reunion (same things happened when she was at Ellen's show talking about having a number 1). She talks about them in a cold way, controlling the words. Imagine if she says the same things but saying something more heartfelt, for example in the same way that Mel C talked about her singing with Victoria at New Year's Eve. Mel C looked very emotional about it. I hope you get what I mean.
The Spice Girls

Postby The Spice Girls » 20 Mar 2017, 17:20

MAD wrote:At the today show when she was asked about the Spice Girls she started saying "at..." and then she firmly changed words and said there will never be a reunion.

"...the moment there are no reunion plans" you hoped to hear, huh;)?
MAD

Postby MAD » 20 Mar 2017, 18:00

The Spice Girls wrote:
MAD wrote:At the today show when she was asked about the Spice Girls she started saying "at..." and then she firmly changed words and said there will never be a reunion.

"...the moment there are no reunion plans" you hoped to hear, huh;)?

That would have been great because it gives a hope for the future :grin: but I meant that whatever she was saying spontaneously (even if it was "at all, I will never do it again as long as I live for God's sake" :grin: ) I felt that she stopped herself and used more specific words. :p

Return to “Spice Girls”