Spice Girls: Reunion Rumours & Random Discussion Thread

Slam your body down and post it all around!
Forum rules
We would kindly like to remind you that posting, requesting or linking to sites containing copyright material is against our rules and will result in a warning/ban.
Hannes84
Deactivated by request
Custom Title: ChiariWarrior

Re: Spice Girls: Reunion Rumours & Random Discussion Thread

Postby Hannes84 » 09 Jul 2017, 10:42

K89 wrote:Links to where you've heard them confirm any specific? Sources?
Because I've only heard them say "we hope/ we're working on some stuff/ we hope we're gonna be able to do this/ that/ we'll have to wait and see".
Anything quoted in a newspaper or online is not legit, that's how the media has been building lies since day 1 and even this time by writing Mel C would sue, for example. Like really...

Melanie B said in several interviews it was happening and they were trying to pick the first single. Melanie C said in many interviews as well, that it's happening and despite having just released a statement / letter about why she won't take part, she had to go on about it again (because journalists these days are idiots). So yeah, that is a bit different than "hoping to" even if that is wht the intial launch video stated.
I often look upon the stars, darling. Which one's yours?
animarc

Postby animarc » 09 Jul 2017, 12:48

Because I've only heard them say "we hope/ we're working on some stuff/ we hope we're gonna be able to do this/ that/ we'll have to wait and see".
Anything quoted in a newspaper or online is not legit, that's how the media has been building lies since day 1 and even this time by writing Mel C would sue, for example. Like really...

This is the link, it was on my post :
https://youtu.be/_yoxqXSiTgE

In case you can't open it, it's on youtube, the 2-minute video on The late late show.
animarc

Postby animarc » 09 Jul 2017, 13:01

I was looking for the video in which Mel b said they were deciding on a first single. We discussed it on Denden on page 490. But the video has been deleted.
K89

Postby K89 » 09 Jul 2017, 17:10

animarc wrote:

In case you can't open it, it's on youtube, the 2-minute video on The late late show.

Still, there is no announcement there and she isn't confirming anything. She does talk about stuff they want to do, he is even asking her about "where" but obviously it wasn't finished yet, since she isn't giving anything away. That was the same with all the interviews, and sadly what the three of them wanted to do was put on hold because of Geri being pregnant and I'm sure what was going on in Melanie B's life also slowed things down.

As I said, there is still hope for something and I'm 99% sure they will do something again eventually.
I just feel bad for Emma, Mel and Geri when the fans bashed them for trying to go ahead instead of pushing Victoria and Mel C who didn't wanna do it. The three of them wanted it to be all five obviously first off.
PeruvianSpice

Postby PeruvianSpice » 09 Jul 2017, 19:52

Let's not pretend that they didn't kinda confirmed it in so many ways

That video says it all: Mel B says they are planning on celebrating
She also said they were choosing a single
They said they wanted to have a party

They had to be SO naive to think that by saying it on national TV or any other platform that people wouldn't expect something...

So it was all in motion until some point where something happened and sadly left us all hoping and eager for something they teased...

Oh well
Hannes84
Deactivated by request

Postby Hannes84 » 09 Jul 2017, 22:03

PeruvianSpice wrote:Let's not pretend that they didn't kinda confirmed it in so many ways

That video says it all: Mel B says they are planning on celebrating
She also said they were choosing a single
They said they wanted to have a party

They had to be SO naive to think that by saying it on national TV or any other platform that people wouldn't expect something...

So it was all in motion until some point where something happened and sadly left us all hoping and eager for something they teased...

Oh well

It's pure speculation, but I think it's possible they decided to cancel their plans because of Victoria not wanting them to perform their older hits as a 3-member band. I can't think of any other reason. Song for Her is perfect, happy and got a lot of love from casual SG-fans.
Hannes84
Deactivated by request

Postby Hannes84 » 09 Jul 2017, 22:27

K89 wrote:
animarc wrote:

As I said, there is still hope for something and I'm 99% sure they will do something again eventually.
I just feel bad for Emma, Mel and Geri when the fans bashed them for trying to go ahead instead of pushing Victoria and Mel C who didn't wanna do it. The three of them wanted it to be all five obviously first off.

1) I highly doubt anything new will be released by the Spice Girls ever again. Main reason being Victoria and Melanie C. Melanie C will only take part in re-unions, she has zero interest in recording new music. I guess the Forever-era really traumatized her... Even though we all know it would've done so much better if they had not just given up right after it didn't do as well as expected.

2) Actually, the most hate was received by Victoria and especially Mel C for not wanting to do it. Victoria got away with it easier, because she had already announced she will not sing again ages ago and everyone knew that. Melanie C got (and still does) hate because people found her to be stuck up, and just wanting to promo her own album instead of doing SG stuff. But like she herself said, if she was about the money, she would've said yes and made those millions. The whole announcement was fishy and it seemed like things were really off. So it didn't come as a surprise when nothing happened. I HOPE they'll find a way to do things together again, but it won't be in the near future for sure. Too many details gone wrong, and you know how these girls hold on to those kind of things.

As a side-note, I think some of the girls are way too sensitive about what the press says & give up on projects too easily. You kinda need that hunger for success in order to fight for it, and earn it.
pinkdor

Postby pinkdor » 10 Jul 2017, 00:30

Geri also said they are planning something, and they will never replace Victoria.
It's easy. The 4 girls did want to do something, maybe a reality show, then Mel C decided not to. The 3 carried on without her and then understood it's not really the right time or that they can't really do it as a 3, and decided to move on and let the public forget about it.
WhatTheHell

Postby WhatTheHell » 10 Jul 2017, 00:34

pinkdor wrote:Geri also said they are planning something, and they will never replace Victoria.
It's easy. The 4 girls did want to do something, maybe a reality show, then Mel C decided not to. The 3 carried on without her and then understood it's not really the right time or that they can't really do it as a 3, and decided to move on and let the public forget about it.

Wait a minute, a theory without posh being a the one who destroys every single plan? :confused:
BootyliciousJosh

Postby BootyliciousJosh » 10 Jul 2017, 04:39

Dear God, let it go, guys! If a reunion happens, it happens. If not then whatever. It's like beating a dead horse. 706 pages in and you're all still moaning about who ruined the reunion. THEY ALL DID. Us fans aren't any better. We're so damn greedy for a reunion.
megzluvsmelc
Custom Title: Beautiful Mind

Postby megzluvsmelc » 10 Jul 2017, 05:02

BootyliciousJosh wrote:Dear God, let it go, guys! If a reunion happens, it happens. If not then whatever. It's like beating a dead horse. 706 pages in and you're all still moaning about who ruined the reunion. THEY ALL DID. Us fans aren't any better. We're so damn greedy for a reunion.

THIS!
kie

Postby kie » 10 Jul 2017, 06:03

So bored, isn't there someone with unreleased music to spice up this year.
Peter

Postby Peter » 10 Jul 2017, 07:07

megzluvsmelc wrote:
BootyliciousJosh wrote:Dear God, let it go, guys! If a reunion happens, it happens. If not then whatever. It's like beating a dead horse. 706 pages in and you're all still moaning about who ruined the reunion. THEY ALL DID. Us fans aren't any better. We're so damn greedy for a reunion.

THIS!

Why do you have Fenrik's signature?! :think:
Male_C

Postby Male_C » 10 Jul 2017, 07:08

I honestly don't think they recorded anything else other than Song For Her, I think Mel B was just bullshitting with the "we're trying to decide on the first single" comment.

The girls are just too damn busy and can't get their shit together to decide on something. I'm glad they didn't do the three piece thing and release Song For Her. That would have been an epic failure.

I'm still holding out hope that they'll reunite in the next couple of years before it's too late, they're not getting any younger. They only have a good 3-5 years to do this, by then Geri will almost be 50 and after that I see no point.

I'm hoping that Victoria will change her mind ("a girl's allowed to change her mind") at the behest of her daughter. You never know, before you all jump down my throat saying "Victoria has made it clear she'll never sing again" blah blah blah. NEVER SAY NEVER.

But yeah, they only have a few more years before it's too late.
Peter

Postby Peter » 10 Jul 2017, 07:21

Male_C wrote:I honestly don't think they recorded anything else other than Song For Her, I think Mel B was just bullshitting with the "we're trying to decide on the first single" comment.

The girls are just too damn busy and can't get their shit together to decide on something. I'm glad they didn't do the three piece thing and release Song For Her. That would have been an epic failure.

I'm still holding out hope that they'll reunite in the next couple of years before it's too late, they're not getting any younger. They only have a good 3-5 years to do this, by then Geri will almost be 50 and after that I see no point.

I'm hoping that Victoria will change her mind ("a girl's allowed to change her mind") at the behest of her daughter. You never know, before you all jump down my throat saying "Victoria has made it clear she'll never sing again" blah blah blah. NEVER SAY NEVER.

But yeah, they only have a few more years before it's too late.

Male_C

Postby Male_C » 10 Jul 2017, 07:31

I think Madonna's is a completely different situation though. She's a solo artist and a pioneer and legend. She's still incredibly successful and will always be relevant because she's MADONNA, but even she gets a lot of flack from the general public because of her age. Madonna herself has noted that the industry is ageist.
Thom
Previous username(s): THOM
memyselfandspice

Postby Thom » 10 Jul 2017, 15:43

Male_C wrote: Madonna herself has noted that the industry is ageist.

since we are on this subject. Madonna says all the time when 1. someone comments on her behaviour/appearance and 2. her music, both topics that she DESPERATELY wants to keep young. So imo MADONNA is the agist.
...And They Have Escaped The Weight Of Darkness

http://youtu.be/oxRWqirflxk
Mr.X
Custom Title: Xavier de Sousa

Postby Mr.X » 10 Jul 2017, 15:52

Thom wrote:

since we are on this subject. Madonna says all the time when 1. someone comments on her behaviour/appearance and 2. her music, both topics that she DESPERATELY wants to keep young. So imo MADONNA is the agist.

Victim blaming isn't cute babes.

It is actualy factual that Madonna has received extensive amounts of mysoginistic and ageist comments thrown at her throughout her career. If a 50-year old woman wants to wear leotards and make dance music - what the hell isthe problem with that? Don't like it, turn it off, but most people (critics, fans, casual commentators, the whole press and the industry) have been very quick to dismiss her just because they think she is trying to be young. What the fuck does that even mean?

So because she is now mature, she needs to stop wearing revealing outfits and sing more melodic sonds? Where is that directive towards grown men?

Sorry, but saying that Madonna is ageist is bullshit. Age is a number. If you want to categorise specific attributes (clothes, fashion, styles of music and dancing) to specific ages brakets, then that makes YOU the ageist, not the person who refuses to comply with what you deem acceptable for both age and gender.

FML we are in 2017 people... The eras of 'you cant behave this way if you are over 18' and 'you dress accordingly' is well past our time. So it is high time people woke up to this and just let people do whatever the fuck they want to do without judgement. URGH.
Thom
Previous username(s): THOM
memyselfandspice

Postby Thom » 10 Jul 2017, 16:12

Mr.X wrote:
Thom wrote:

It is actualy factual that Madonna has received extensive amounts of mysoginistic and ageist comments thrown at her throughout her career. If a 50-year old woman wants to wear leotards and make dance music - what the hell isthe problem with that? Don't like it, turn it off, but most people (critics, fans, casual commentators, the whole press and the industry) have been very quick to dismiss her just because they think she is trying to be young. What the fuck does that even mean?

So because she is now mature, she needs to stop wearing revealing outfits and sing more melodic sonds? Where is that directive towards grown men?

Sorry, but saying that Madonna is ageist is bullshit. Age is a number. If you want to categorise specific attributes (clothes, fashion, styles of music and dancing) to specific ages brakets, then that makes YOU the ageist, not the person who refuses to comply with what you deem acceptable for both age and gender.

FML we are in 2017 people... The eras of 'you cant behave this way if you are over 18' and 'you dress accordingly' is well past our time. So it is high time people woke up to this and just let people do whatever the fuck they want to do without judgement. URGH.

hold your top on, Miss Daisy.
Don't put words in my mouth.

Madonna can do and wear and ride and make and say whatever she wants. 58 or 68. or 78.
IMO -- wether you write fuck this of fuck that or not - IMO if you desperately try to keep your youth (and AGAIN - should i write fuck now? - she can do that if she wants) it's in the least funny say that OTHERS are obsessed with age and numbers.

IMO if you do every diet and every plastic surgery you can't go around complaining about others being obsessed with looks when they comment.
They are just being assholes.
...And They Have Escaped The Weight Of Darkness

http://youtu.be/oxRWqirflxk
Fenrik
Custom Title: OSLOVE

Postby Fenrik » 10 Jul 2017, 18:15

The Spice Girls wrote:
megzluvsmelc wrote:

THIS!

Why do you have Fenrik's signature?! :think:

Haha, it´s not really my signature.
It`s photobucket trying to give us a message since we´re both hosting our signatures at their place.
Just haven´t bothered to fix it.
Mr.X
Custom Title: Xavier de Sousa

Postby Mr.X » 10 Jul 2017, 18:32

Thom wrote:
Mr.X wrote:
Thom wrote:

Madonna can do and wear and ride and make and say whatever she wants. 58 or 68. or 78.
IMO -- wether you write fuck this of fuck that or not - IMO if you desperately try to keep your youth (and AGAIN - should i write fuck now? - she can do that if she wants) it's in the least funny say that OTHERS are obsessed with age and numbers.

IMO if you do every diet and every plastic surgery you can't go around complaining about others being obsessed with looks when they comment.

First of all - the Miss Daisy comment is sexist. I am a non-binary male and don't appreciate you using that reference to address me.

It is ok for someone to do botox and dress provocatively because they might think that this looks good or that it is what they want to do. People calling them out for being 'obsessed with youth', making fun of them and discredit them based on the fact that they dont look or act their age, is ageist. You dictate how you chose to present yourself to the world. That doesnt mean that the world has the right to criticise. Much to the contrary. We live in a free society where freedom of expression is celebrated. Said freedom of expression doesnt mean freedom to hate or to have criticism based on prejudice.

There is no mention from Madonna that she 'wants to remain young'. She has stated many times that she knows her age very well. It seems very clear that the ones having a problem with her are the ones with the problem, i.e. are the ageist ones... or should I say 'fucking ageist ones', would that make it more in line with what you think the previous comments?
Jer

Postby Jer » 11 Jul 2017, 08:26

Mr.X wrote:
Thom wrote:
Mr.X wrote:
Thom wrote:

First of all - the Miss Daisy comment is sexist. I am a non-binary male and don't appreciate you using that reference to address me.

It is ok for someone to do botox and dress provocatively because they might think that this looks good or that it is what they want to do. People calling them out for being 'obsessed with youth', making fun of them and discredit them based on the fact that they dont look or act their age, is ageist. You dictate how you chose to present yourself to the world. That doesnt mean that the world has the right to criticise. Much to the contrary. We live in a free society where freedom of expression is celebrated. Said freedom of expression doesnt mean freedom to hate or to have criticism based on prejudice.

There is no mention from Madonna that she 'wants to remain young'. She has stated many times that she knows her age very well. It seems very clear that the ones having a problem with her are the ones with the problem, i.e. are the ageist ones... or should I say 'fucking ageist ones', would that make it more in line with what you think the previous comments?

Preach.
DannyDirnt

Postby DannyDirnt » 11 Jul 2017, 18:47

Thom wrote:

This is not true. That's what the general public says. What Madonna says is that she is not "desperately trying to stay young" because this is her personality and how she has always chosen to express herself, and the fact that now she is older doesn't mean that she has to give up on being herself and fighting for what she believes in and sit down because she's a granny.
Peter

Postby Peter » 11 Jul 2017, 21:24

DannyDirnt wrote:
Thom wrote:

This is not true. That's what the general public says. What Madonna says is that she is not "desperately trying to stay young" because this is her personality and how she has always chosen to express herself, and the fact that now she is older doesn't mean that she has to give up on being herself and fighting for what she believes in and sit down because she's a granny.

As long as Lourdes won't have a baby, Madonna won't be granny so leave her alone;) lol!
Savanna

Postby Savanna » 12 Jul 2017, 23:45

Jer wrote:
Mr.X wrote:

Preach.

Except it does mean that. What does "freedom to hate" even mean? Is it "hate" because it's an opinion you don't like? That's not how freedom of speech or freedom of expression works. You can't pick and choose what type of expression is "free" and what isn't.

Return to “Spice Girls”