Spice Girls: Reunion Rumours & Random Discussion Thread

Slam your body down and post it all around!
Forum rules
We would kindly like to remind you that posting, requesting or linking to sites containing copyright material is against our rules and will result in a warning/ban.
AcidBurn
Custom Title: Triple Goddess Three

Re: Spice Girls: Reunion Rumours & Random Discussion Thread

Postby AcidBurn » 13 Jul 2017, 13:56

I wish people would argue their points without getting so aggressive. I get that you're passionate about the things you're talking about, but if the purpose of letting your opinion known is to educate people, then it's so much more effective to do it in a civil manner instead of talking down to the person you're trying to educate.

Mr.X wrote:First of all - the Miss Daisy comment is sexist. I am a non-binary male and don't appreciate you using that reference to address me.

You could say that referring to someones as "babes" in the manner you did is offensive too. It's regarded as a master suppression technique. Not that I'm defending the "Miss Daisy" thing. I find any kind of name-calling or belittling uncalled for.

Also keep in mind that this is a Spice Girls thread, so let's not derail it further :)
Mr.X
Custom Title: Xavier de Sousa

Postby Mr.X » 13 Jul 2017, 16:51

Savanna wrote:
Jer wrote:
Mr.X wrote:
First of all - the Miss Daisy comment is sexist. I am a non-binary male and don't appreciate you using that reference to address me.

It is ok for someone to do botox and dress provocatively because they might think that this looks good or that it is what they want to do. People calling them out for being 'obsessed with youth', making fun of them and discredit them based on the fact that they dont look or act their age, is ageist. You dictate how you chose to present yourself to the world. That doesnt mean that the world has the right to criticise. Much to the contrary. We live in a free society where freedom of expression is celebrated. Said freedom of expression doesnt mean freedom to hate or to have criticism based on prejudice.

There is no mention from Madonna that she 'wants to remain young'. She has stated many times that she knows her age very well. It seems very clear that the ones having a problem with her are the ones with the problem, i.e. are the ageist ones... or should I say 'fucking ageist ones', would that make it more in line with what you think the previous comments?

Preach.

Except it does mean that. What does "freedom to hate" even mean? Is it "hate" because it's an opinion you don't like? That's not how freedom of speech or freedom of expression works. You can't pick and choose what type of expression is "free" and what isn't.

I was talking about opinions based on prejudice here. Yes you should be able to voice them, but you should be aware that your opinions will be challenged, particularly when they affect other people's ability to live their lives the way they want to.

Freedom of hate - hate speech, prejudice, racism, xenophobia, homophobia. Too often people hide behind 'freedom of speech' in order to justify their own hatred. Freedom of speech is to facilitate conversation and platforming of voices for the common good, not for the detriment of other's ability to exist in a place or to exist however they want to. Yet, we continue to give platforms to fascists and hate preachers in the name of freedom of speech, without challenging them. That's what 'freedom of speech isn't freedom to hate' means.

AcidBurn wrote:I wish people would argue their points without getting so aggressive. I get that you're passionate about the things you're talking about, but if the purpose of letting your opinion known is to educate people, then it's so much more effective to do it in a civil manner instead of talking down to the person you're trying to educate.

Mr.X wrote:First of all - the Miss Daisy comment is sexist. I am a non-binary male and don't appreciate you using that reference to address me.

You could say that referring to someones as "babes" in the manner you did is offensive too. It's regarded as a master suppression technique. Not that I'm defending the "Miss Daisy" thing. I find any kind of name-calling or belittling uncalled for.

Also keep in mind that this is a Spice Girls thread, so let's not derail it further :)

I take your point, thank you and apologies if it was offensive.
Savanna

Postby Savanna » 13 Jul 2017, 17:54

Mr.X wrote:
I was talking about opinions based on prejudice here. Yes you should be able to voice them, but you should be aware that your opinions will be challenged, particularly when they affect other people's ability to live their lives the way they want to.

Freedom of hate - hate speech, prejudice, racism, xenophobia, homophobia. Too often people hide behind 'freedom of speech' in order to justify their own hatred. Freedom of speech is to facilitate conversation and platforming of voices for the common good, not for the detriment of other's ability to exist in a place or to exist however they want to. Yet, we continue to give platforms to fascists and hate preachers in the name of freedom of speech, without challenging them. That's what 'freedom of speech isn't freedom to hate' means.

That goes both ways.

What qualifies as "Hate speech" can be very vague. Freedom of Speech does mean freedom to hate, to love, to agree, to disagree. You become authoritarian and totalitarian when you start telling people what they can and cannot say. A free society cannot really be free without TRUE freedom of speech, not with selective speech rules.

Obviously on a message board it is different because there are set rules and mods who can ban people who break the rules of the board.
Javi
Custom Title: f.k.a. IER

Postby Javi » 13 Jul 2017, 18:49

Savanna wrote:and mods who can ban people who break the rules of the board.

-If you really bug me, then I'll say goodbye.
Spicegirls120507

Postby Spicegirls120507 » 13 Jul 2017, 19:50

Omg when Prince Williams asks for a reunion as well

http://www.heart.co.uk/news/royals/prin ... s-reunion/
Official Spiceworld
Custom Title: Spice Girls Net

Postby Official Spiceworld » 13 Jul 2017, 20:41

Spicegirls120507 wrote:Omg when Prince Williams asks for a reunion as well

I wonder why this has been brought up again and why Emma RTed it today? It was months ago. :confused: :confused:
SPICE GIRLS NET - Twitter|Facebook|Blog|Instagram
Peter

Postby Peter » 13 Jul 2017, 23:36

Official Spiceworld wrote:
Spicegirls120507 wrote:Omg when Prince Williams asks for a reunion as well

I wonder why this has been brought up again and why Emma RTed it today? It was months ago. :confused: :confused:

Is this intro to her gossiped comeback?
PeruvianSpice

Postby PeruvianSpice » 14 Jul 2017, 04:25

everyone wants a reunion, but seems like they don't
Andreas
Custom Title: Alpha Male.

Postby Andreas » 14 Jul 2017, 11:15

PeruvianSpice wrote:everyone wants a reunion, but seems like they don't

Treat them mean to keep them keen. That's Victoria and Melanie C's motto anyway.
Stas
Custom Title: straight forward

Postby Stas » 21 Jul 2017, 13:02

PeruvianSpice

Postby PeruvianSpice » 21 Jul 2017, 21:01

Such a pity we're back at square 0
Peter

Postby Peter » 21 Jul 2017, 23:12

PeruvianSpice wrote:Such a pity we're back at square 0

0 ain't square, is it?! :Dizzy:
PeruvianSpice

Postby PeruvianSpice » 21 Jul 2017, 23:39

Oh you get what I mean... is it Square 1? well, whatever
PoshInMaine
Previous username(s): BostonBeebs

Postby PoshInMaine » 22 Jul 2017, 02:37

Victoria posted a snapchat of Harper playing with the 5 Spice dolls with the tag "When you find out mummy was a pop star!"

Cute to see her say things like that. Plus her infamous catch phrase is back!
PoshInMaine
Previous username(s): BostonBeebs

Postby PoshInMaine » 22 Jul 2017, 02:48

PoshInMaine wrote:Victoria posted a snapchat of Harper playing with the 5 Spice dolls with the tag "When you find out mummy was a pop star!"

Cute to see her say things like that. Plus her infamous catch phrase is back!

*Instagram
Javi

Postby Javi » 22 Jul 2017, 10:20

Did she say "mummy was a popstar"? She really did?

Start your engines. Reunion about to begin! :D
King

Postby King » 22 Jul 2017, 14:45

Can't see it on her Instagram page?
Andreas

Postby Andreas » 22 Jul 2017, 15:46

King wrote:Can't see it on her Instagram page?

Snapchat
Fenrik
Custom Title: OSLOVE

Postby Fenrik » 22 Jul 2017, 17:50

Andreas wrote:
King wrote:Can't see it on her Instagram page?

Snapchat

It´s her Instagram story.
schizophonic_spice

Postby schizophonic_spice » 22 Jul 2017, 18:36

I wouldn't be against her doing it just for Harper as long as she didn't then say after how unhappy she had been like she did last time.
Andreas

Postby Andreas » 22 Jul 2017, 18:55

At this point I hope she stays away. A Spice Girls reunion shouldn't revolve around what la Beckham wants at whatever point.
Peter

Postby Peter » 22 Jul 2017, 20:17

Andreas wrote:At this point I hope she stays away. A Spice Girls reunion shouldn't revolve around what la Beckham wants at whatever point.

I know, right. It's kinda sad that it actually revolves around that as if only Victoria would say I'm in, the other 4 would jump on the bandwagon immediately. Oh well:/
Javi

Postby Javi » 22 Jul 2017, 21:26

^^ Is it her fault though? She has already given the other girls her blessing and they have had 4 years to come up with a 4-piece plan, but they haven't or they don't want to. The fans and the media already know VB won't do it, but the reunion questions don't end, so that means there is actually interest in a 4-piece reunion to an extent.

Also, they could've handled things very differently since VB "left for good" in 2012 in order to make the 4 piece a recognizable force, but instead they (specially MC) kept pushing this whole "five or nothing" moto that gave VB a power she didn't even ask for.
Agent_Spice
Custom Title: Escrow Spice

Postby Agent_Spice » 22 Jul 2017, 21:42

Javi wrote:^^ Is it her fault though? She has already given the other girls her blessing and they have had 4 years to come up with a 4-piece plan, but they haven't or they don't want to. The fans and the media already know VB won't do it, but the reunion questions don't end, so that means there is actually interest in a 4-piece reunion to an extent.

Also, they could've handled things very differently since VB "left for good" in 2012 in order to make the 4 piece a recognizable force, but instead they (specially MC) kept pushing this whole "five or nothing" moto that gave VB a power she didn't even ask for.

It is when you give your blessing and then continue to comment afterwards. I understand she's said multiple times she's done performing, but then she added she would be sad to see GEM performing the old songs and that she would prefer they perform new material instead. If they had excluded her from a reunion, I would completely understand her being sad, but it was her decision to make. I understand she's proud of her history which she will showcase when she feels like it on Twitter, but I feel that if you want to leave it in the past, you should refrain from making comments about something you haven't chosen to participate in. Especially when she voluntarily chooses to exclude questions about a Spice Girls reunion in multiple interviews.

And for somebody who had given her blessing, she sure sided in quickly enough with Melanie C about GEM.
schizophonic_spice

Postby schizophonic_spice » 22 Jul 2017, 21:53

I think Victoria would've been against a four piece just as much as she was against GEM.

She can say they have her blessing all she wants but the reality is obviously very different.

Return to “Spice Girls”