Spice Girls: Reunion Rumours & Random Discussion Thread

Slam your body down and post it all around!
Forum rules
We would kindly like to remind you that posting, requesting or linking to sites containing copyright material is against our rules and will result in a warning/ban.
Javi
Custom Title: f.k.a. IER

Re: Spice Girls: Reunion Rumours & Random Discussion Thread

Postby Javi » 22 Jul 2017, 22:01

You can't take one article and use it against her as if she had been this super bitch that didn't want her old songs to be touched at all. She wasn't against GEM. She simply said she would be sad to see 3 girls singing the old hits, she didn't say "I don't want it to happen". And she said exactly the same things most of us have been saying: GEM would've only worked with a new album. She just used different words to express the same feeling. And it was an article picking the quotes they wanted to create drama, as usual. As far as we know she could've meant that it would be sad if GEM reunited only to sing the old hits with almost half of the band missing, not that she exclusively wanted them to sing only new songs.

I don't think she should be fake and say "I would love to see GEM singing the old songs" if that's not her opinion. When she's fake, people criticize her for being fake (like pretending she was having a ball during the ROTSG tour when she wasn't) and when she's honest, she's criticized too. It's like she's in a situation where no matter what she does or says, she can't win. I do agree that she shouldn't comment that much about it (she hasn't) considering she chose not to reunite, but if she's asked about it I rather have an honest answer.

Anyway, I was talking about the whole "VB has the power to decide a reunion" thing, not about her behaviour towards a reunion that doesn't involve her. People complain cause she has the power to decide if there's a reunion or not, but that power was given to her by the other girls (by not reuniting as a four piece when they had the chance) and half of the fanbase on first place, she didn't claim that power for her, so you really shouldn't use that against her cause it's not her fault that the other girls, the media and some fans think that the Spice Girls reunion can't happen without her. She's not Beyoncé. As a SG she's 1/5 of the group and not even a relevant member when it comes to solo verses and harmonies.
-If you really bug me, then I'll say goodbye.
KingOfSpiceWorld

Postby KingOfSpiceWorld » 22 Jul 2017, 22:29

Peter wrote:
Andreas wrote:At this point I hope she stays away. A Spice Girls reunion shouldn't revolve around what la Beckham wants at whatever point.

I know, right. It's kinda sad that it actually revolves around that as if only Victoria would say I'm in, the other 4 would jump on the bandwagon immediately. Oh well:/

Why do you even pretend to care about the spice girls? We know it's all about Geri for you... It could be Geri and four new girls and you'd still be happy, call the, spice girls and smile.
:devil: :devil: :devil:
I just can't with people who think Heri is the spice girls and they don't need Victoria, Melanie C or anyone for that matter as long as Geri is part of it.
1000 monks. 1000 religions.
Agent_Spice
Custom Title: Escrow Spice

Postby Agent_Spice » 22 Jul 2017, 22:51

Javi wrote:You can't take one article and use it against her as if she had been this super bitch that didn't want her old songs to be touched at all. She wasn't against GEM. She simply said she would be sad to see 3 girls singing the old hits, she didn't say "I don't want it to happen". And she said exactly the same things most of us have been saying: GEM would've only worked with a new album. She just used different words to express the same feeling. And it was an article picking the quotes they wanted to create drama, as usual. As far as we know she could've meant that it would be sad if GEM reunited only to sing the old hits with almost half of the band missing, not that she exclusively wanted them to sing only new songs.

I don't think she should be fake and say "I would love to see GEM singing the old songs" if that's not her opinion. When she's fake, people criticize her for being fake (like pretending she was having a ball during the ROTSG tour when she wasn't) and when she's honest, she's criticized too. It's like she's in a situation where no matter what she does or says, she can't win. I can buy the idea of she not wanting to reunite, so she shouldn't comment that much about it, but if she's asked about it I rather have an honest answer.

Anyway, I was talking about the whole "VB has the power to decide a reunion" thing, not about her behaviour towards a reunion that doesn't involve her. People complain cause she has the power to decide if there's a reunion or not, but that power was given to her by the other girls (by not reuniting as a four piece when they had the chance) and half of the fanbase on first place, she didn't claim that power for her, so you really can't blame her if everyone gave her that much power.

You asked the question if it was her fault - I answered and used that article as evidence as to why I feel it is partially her fault (but not completely). If you want to disregard the article, that's your call. I never called her a superbitch. I merely pointed out that for somebody who had given her blessing (I don't want to, but they should reunite), she weighed in with her opinion on something she chose not to partake in. If she doesn't want to participate, that's her choice to make. I don't think she reserves the right to dictate what the group should or should not do when she is not involved. It may have been one article, but when she actively chooses to ignore Spice reunion questions, it is more significant when she does to decide to answer. And she appeared to side with Melanie C pretty quickly for somebody who didn't have any vested interest in a reunion.

I'm not asking her to be fake and lie. Though as you pointed out, she hasn't been always been completely honest in the past. I respect that she's been the most consistent with her answers since the Olympics. However, I do believe there's a difference in being completely honest and being diplomatic. Did fans need to hear how miserable she was during the reunion tour? I don't think so, but that was her truth and she chose to share it. All she had to say was performing wasn't for her and she wished the girls well.

Since the Olympics (and probably the reunion tour), Victoria has had the power over a five piece reunion. When there were talks of a four piece reunion, a number of fans weren't happy with that. After Melanie C decided that she didn't want in, fans weren't happy with that. So while I agree with you that Victoria was eventually handed complete control over any Spice Girls reunion by the other girls - first by Melanie C (it didn't feel right without all 5) and then the others, she really had it before over a five piece reunion worldwide tour (that's really worldwide) which sounds like the only way fans would be happy - provided it wasn't a five piece joint worldwide tour with the Backstreet Boys.
Andreas
Custom Title: Alpha Male.

Postby Andreas » 22 Jul 2017, 23:58

KingOfSpiceWorld wrote:
Peter wrote:
Andreas wrote:At this point I hope she stays away. A Spice Girls reunion shouldn't revolve around what la Beckham wants at whatever point.

I know, right. It's kinda sad that it actually revolves around that as if only Victoria would say I'm in, the other 4 would jump on the bandwagon immediately. Oh well:/

Why do you even pretend to care about the spice girls? We know it's all about Geri for you... It could be Geri and four new girls and you'd still be happy, call the, spice girls and smile.
I just can't with people who think Heri is the spice girls and they don't need Victoria, Melanie C or anyone for that matter as long as Geri is part of it.

1000 idiots.
Javi

Postby Javi » 23 Jul 2017, 00:21

When I asked "is it her fault?" it was because two users were saying a SG reunion shouldn't revolve around her, so I don't exactly know how her quotes about being sad and so on relate to the reunion revolving around her ("the power"). Something I agree on, btw. The reunion shouldn't be "5 or nothing" but it's not her fault the other girls think that way.

I disregard the article because she didn't dictate what GEM had to do. She only expressed her opinion that GEM should sing their own songs (an opinion a lot of us share) and then added that she would be a bit sad. That's all we got. As far as we know she could've meant that she didn't really want them to do it... or maybe just that she thought a SG-hits-only tour with just 3 of them wouldn't make the songs any justice (which is an opinion a lot of us share) and the potential tour should be constructed around a new album instead to offer something new. I don't think it's a "I don't want them to sing the hits without me" situation but "I wouldn't like 3/5 of the Spice Girls to half-deliver our songs". She never said anything negative about the girls performing the hits when it was a 4 piece possibility, so it's logical to think her worries were about almost half of the band missing from the lineup, not the fact that she wasn't involved anymore.

I agree that maybe she could've been more diplomatic about TROTSG but I don't see the big deal either. Those fans whose memories were ruined because of those comments have a very fragile and influenceable memory, imo. If I attend a show and the artist looks on top form and super excited and then I find out they were miserable, my memories will remain intact because that's how I lived it. I honestly wouldn't care if it was a façade. Movies are "lies" too and people cry with them and sometimes artists have bad days but they have to put on a show anyway and show their best (fake) face, what's the difference as long as they deliver? It's all about how you decide to react to that new information.
Hannes84
Deactivated by request
Custom Title: ChiariWarrior

Postby Hannes84 » 23 Jul 2017, 00:34

Aww look at the two arguing with everyone else again :) How cute.
I often look upon the stars, darling. Which one's yours?
Javi

Postby Javi » 23 Jul 2017, 00:55

^It's called a discussion, an exchange of opinions. Something you probably haven't experienced because your brain is only capable of making up invented facts and kept on repeating them on every thread. :kiss:

Btw, since you asked me to leave you the fuck alone, at least have the decency to ignore me and stop replying to every single post I make around here. I don't want to be a part of your twisted behaviour.
KingOfSpiceWorld

Postby KingOfSpiceWorld » 23 Jul 2017, 01:14

Andreas wrote:
KingOfSpiceWorld wrote:
Peter wrote:

1000 idiots.

You said it. I'm pretty sure you comment on yourself and the rest of your halliwell heresy
:wave:
Andreas

Postby Andreas » 23 Jul 2017, 01:17

Hannes84 wrote:Aww look at the two arguing with everyone else again :) How cute.

Only in your psychopathic mind does one equal everybody else :laugh: :wave:

#insane
Last edited by Andreas on 23 Jul 2017, 01:45, edited 2 times in total.
Andreas

Postby Andreas » 23 Jul 2017, 01:17

KingOfSpiceWorld wrote:
Andreas wrote:
KingOfSpiceWorld wrote:
Peter wrote:

1000 idiots.

You said it. I'm pretty sure you comment on yourself and the rest of your halliwell heresy
:wave:

Check yourself. But don't forget yourself. Cause you're denying.

Unfortunately this reply is lost on you...
Last edited by Andreas on 23 Jul 2017, 01:19, edited 1 time in total.
K89

Postby K89 » 23 Jul 2017, 01:18

Hannes84 wrote:
K89 wrote:
animarc wrote:
K89 wrote:Links to where you've heard them confirm any specific? Sources?
Because I've only heard them say "we hope/ we're working on some stuff/ we hope we're gonna be able to do this/ that/ we'll have to wait and see".
Anything quoted in a newspaper or online is not legit, that's how the media has been building lies since day 1 and even this time by writing Mel C would sue, for example. Like really...

This is the link, it was on my post :
https://youtu.be/_yoxqXSiTgE

In case you can't open it, it's on youtube, the 2-minute video on The late late show.

As I said, there is still hope for something and I'm 99% sure they will do something again eventually.
I just feel bad for Emma, Mel and Geri when the fans bashed them for trying to go ahead instead of pushing Victoria and Mel C who didn't wanna do it. The three of them wanted it to be all five obviously first off.

1) I highly doubt anything new will be released by the Spice Girls ever again. Main reason being Victoria and Melanie C. Melanie C will only take part in re-unions, she has zero interest in recording new music. I guess the Forever-era really traumatized her... Even though we all know it would've done so much better if they had not just given up right after it didn't do as well as expected.

2) Actually, the most hate was received by Victoria and especially Mel C for not wanting to do it. Victoria got away with it easier, because she had already announced she will not sing again ages ago and everyone knew that. Melanie C got (and still does) hate because people found her to be stuck up, and just wanting to promo her own album instead of doing SG stuff. But like she herself said, if she was about the money, she would've said yes and made those millions. The whole announcement was fishy and it seemed like things were really off. So it didn't come as a surprise when nothing happened. I HOPE they'll find a way to do things together again, but it won't be in the near future for sure. Too many details gone wrong, and you know how these girls hold on to those kind of things.

As a side-note, I think some of the girls are way too sensitive about what the press says & give up on projects too easily. You kinda need that hunger for success in order to fight for it, and earn it.

Ok, That' your view of it not mine!
As I said - I'm sure they'll do something again. I never talked about new music, I think they'll celebrate their iconic history as it deserves to be celebrated. Back in 2012 I got the impression the four of them really liked being together and doing stuff and haging out as the Spice Girls... I'm sure Mel C will fall back into that with the three others again. They really have a blast when they're together and going nuts, I love seeing that side of them.
Andreas

Postby Andreas » 23 Jul 2017, 01:20

Like I said. Only in your psychopathic mind does one equal everybody else :laugh: :rolleyes:
Peter

Postby Peter » 23 Jul 2017, 07:52

KingOfSpiceWorld wrote:
Peter wrote:

Wtf?! You had to confuse me with someone? My first love is the Spice Girls without whom there wouldn't be Geri nor the rest and my favorite is Emma and always has been, I don't know where did you get all this Geri stuff cos surely you got it wrong (again!). I know one, it's NOT Mel C:D talking about solo it's Emma and then the rest of the Girls I like equally! Bastard, haha!
pinkbecca12

Postby pinkbecca12 » 23 Jul 2017, 08:25

Agent_Spice wrote:
Javi wrote:^^ Is it her fault though? She has already given the other girls her blessing and they have had 4 years to come up with a 4-piece plan, but they haven't or they don't want to. The fans and the media already know VB won't do it, but the reunion questions don't end, so that means there is actually interest in a 4-piece reunion to an extent.

Also, they could've handled things very differently since VB "left for good" in 2012 in order to make the 4 piece a recognizable force, but instead they (specially MC) kept pushing this whole "five or nothing" moto that gave VB a power she didn't even ask for.

It is when you give your blessing and then continue to comment afterwards. I understand she's said multiple times she's done performing, but then she added she would be sad to see GEM performing the old songs and that she would prefer they perform new material instead. If they had excluded her from a reunion, I would completely understand her being sad, but it was her decision to make. I understand she's proud of her history which she will showcase when she feels like it on Twitter, but I feel that if you want to leave it in the past, you should refrain from making comments about something you haven't chosen to participate in. Especially when she voluntarily chooses to exclude questions about a Spice Girls reunion in multiple interviews.

And for somebody who had given her blessing, she sure sided in quickly enough with Melanie C about GEM.

EXACTLY.
KingOfSpiceWorld

Postby KingOfSpiceWorld » 23 Jul 2017, 10:59

Peter wrote:
KingOfSpiceWorld wrote:
Peter wrote:

Wtf?! You had to confuse me with someone? My first love is the Spice Girls without whom there wouldn't be Geri nor the rest and my favorite is Emma and always has been, I don't know where did you get all this Geri stuff cos surely you got it wrong (again!). I know one, it's NOT Mel C:D talking about solo it's Emma and then the rest of the Girls I like equally! Bastard, haha!

I'm sorry I was replying to the gerofanatic but I quoted the post in which you replied. By the time I realized, I was too bored to start over since it was about a rude person. Sorry. Didn't meant to offend you by adding you to that crazy category.

PS I like Geri equally. It's the idiotic fanatics that anger me and make me act a little bitchy.
Andreas

Postby Andreas » 23 Jul 2017, 11:52

KingOfSpiceWorld wrote:I'm sorry I was replying to the gerofanatic but I quoted the post in which you replied. By the time I realized, I was too bored to start over since it was about a rude person. Sorry. Didn't meant to offend you by adding you to that crazy category.

PS I like Geri equally. It's the idiotic fanatics that anger me and make me act a little bitchy.

I simply stated that I didn't think the other 4 reuniting should depend on la Beckham.

Why don't you come up with one post where I favour Geri in any way to back up your bullshit. Otherwise take your petty lies and PO.
AcidBurn
Custom Title: Triple Goddess Three

Postby AcidBurn » 23 Jul 2017, 15:33

And to think this all started from one little innocent comment Victoria posted on her Instagram.
animarc

Postby animarc » 23 Jul 2017, 15:38

AcidBurn wrote:And to think this all started from one little innocent comment Victoria posted on her Instagram.

Exactly! :D it's hilarious reading this forum!
Peter

Postby Peter » 23 Jul 2017, 16:13

KingOfSpiceWorld wrote:
Peter wrote:
KingOfSpiceWorld wrote:
Peter wrote:

I'm sorry I was replying to the gerofanatic but I quoted the post in which you replied. By the time I realized, I was too bored to start over since it was about a rude person. Sorry. Didn't meant to offend you by adding you to that crazy category.

It's ok, thanks for clearing it up, I just got offended that you didn't notice my love for Emma but Geri, lol!

But on the other hand, guys, can we finally stop arguing about such a silly things, it's really sad what became of this forum:/
Andreas

Postby Andreas » 23 Jul 2017, 17:03

I don't know why they insist these ridiculous attacks and then play the victim, again and again. It's becoming rather petty and tiresome.
bryand

Postby bryand » 23 Jul 2017, 22:26

Some people really do have too much time on their hands innit :grin:
Hannes84
Deactivated by request
Custom Title: ChiariWarrior

Postby Hannes84 » 23 Jul 2017, 22:54

Andreas wrote:
Hannes84 wrote:Aww look at the two arguing with everyone else again :) How cute.

#insane

Awww so you're a shrink now too. That's cute :)
I often look upon the stars, darling. Which one's yours?
Andreas

Postby Andreas » 23 Jul 2017, 23:32

Hannes84 wrote:
Andreas wrote:

#insane

Awww so you're a shrink now too. That's cute :)

Sorry to burst your bubble but you don't require a degree to figure out, you don't run that deep. You're pretty easy.
ep7210

Postby ep7210 » 24 Jul 2017, 16:13

animarc wrote:
AcidBurn wrote:And to think this all started from one little innocent comment Victoria posted on her Instagram.

Exactly! :D it's hilarious reading this forum!

But the point is she knows exactly everything she says in public draws much attention, either positive, neutral or negative. It's natural to have negative perception about her innocent post.

I felt sick when i saw that post too, please...
mrvb_19

Postby mrvb_19 » 24 Jul 2017, 17:18

And the saga continues...

Return to “Spice Girls”