WANNABE ☆ Discussion Thread (1st Single from 'Spice')

Slam your body down and post it all around!
Forum rules
We would kindly like to remind you that posting, requesting or linking to sites containing copyright material is against our rules and will result in a warning/ban.

Wannabe:

I love it
121
63%
I like it
39
20%
I don't mind it (neither particularly like it or dislike it)
25
13%
I dislike it
7
4%
I hate it
1
1%
 
Total votes: 193
littleta
Posts: 1175
Joined: 23 Nov 2014, 03:11
Gender: Female

Re: Spice Girls ☆ Wannabe ☆ 20th Anniversary Celebration Thread!

Postby littleta » 07 Jul 2016, 19:09

but you have to start at midnight, to match with the week chart
User avatar
Indospice
Posts: 1337
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Gender: Male
Country: Indonesia
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Contact:

Re: Spice Girls ☆ Wannabe ☆ 20th Anniversary Celebration Thread!

Postby Indospice » 07 Jul 2016, 19:12

It's already 8th July 2016 here in Jakarta, Indonesia.

HAPPY 20th ANNIVERSARY!

:lovers: :lovers: :lovers: :lovers: :lovers: :lovers: :lovers: :lovers: :lovers: :lovers: :lovers:

Let's spread #SpiceGirls20 on twitter, we're ready on @SpiceGirlsIndo :$
Image
spicyhot
Posts: 4264
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Gender: Male
Country: United_Kingdom

Re: Spice Girls ☆ Wannabe ☆ 20th Anniversary Celebration Thread!

Postby spicyhot » 07 Jul 2016, 19:48

My gosh. Honestly, 20 years WOW!

I can't believe its been that long. My support for these girls has not changed at all and everyone was telling me that i'll get over them when I'm older, lol, how wrong they were.
User avatar
iaintiffin
Posts: 335
Joined: 04 Jul 2014, 23:19

Re: Spice Girls ☆ Wannabe ☆ 20th Anniversary Celebration Thread!

Postby iaintiffin » 07 Jul 2016, 20:05

Can't believe its been 20 years..scary!

Image
Image
User avatar
Jay
Mod
Posts: 64766
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Gender: Male
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Spice Girls ☆ Wannabe ☆ 20th Anniversary Celebration Thread!

Postby Jay » 07 Jul 2016, 20:49

I can't quite believe it! :'( Two decades! Where did the time go to?! Haha.

Wannabe is such an important song to me. It's not my favourite song of theirs, but it is a brilliant & unique catchy pop song, it never bores me, and what it represents is very meaningful to me. It's the first song I really loved. I was 8 years old and music hadn't been my thing up to that point, but I can credit this song as being responsible for making me fall in love with music, a passion that has continued for 20 years. Particularly the Spice Girls' music, as a group and as soloists.

As a child, the Spice Girls represented something that I can only describe as being "magical". From then until now, they've provided me with a source of happiness, and my obsession with them didn't fade. Their music uplifts me (when I'm feeling sad and low :adam: ), and there's just something about those five girls that I adore. They were just so special. Personally, it's no exaggeration to say that they've been a big part of my life.

(I know this post is a little early, it's not the 8th in the UK yet, but what the hell).

Image

Enjoy the anniversary, everyone! Even if it comes down to the girls themselves not doing much (or anything) to mark the occasion, as a fan base we really should celebrate it for ourselves, and not feel too despondent. :hug:
Image
User avatar
sammy01
Posts: 12557
Joined: 24 Apr 2007, 15:30

Re: Spice Girls ☆ Wannabe ☆ 20th Anniversary Celebration Thread!

Postby sammy01 » 07 Jul 2016, 22:18

I'll stream Wannabe for the 10 plays that contribute towards the chart tomorrow and every day of the charting week (Fri to Thurs).

It is the best way to help it chart, if you are from the UK 10 plays each day you can do to count towards its sales for the charting week.
Follw me, you know you want to - https://twitter.com/Sammyb01
User avatar
sammy01
Posts: 12557
Joined: 24 Apr 2007, 15:30

Re: Spice Girls ☆ Wannabe ☆ 20th Anniversary Celebration Thread!

Postby sammy01 » 07 Jul 2016, 22:20

Despite all our differences as people and our different opinions, we all have those 5 girls and those songs in common, which is kind of special really. Cheers guys :)
Follw me, you know you want to - https://twitter.com/Sammyb01
User avatar
Jay
Mod
Posts: 64766
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Gender: Male
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Spice Girls ☆ Wannabe ☆ 20th Anniversary Celebration Thread!

Postby Jay » 07 Jul 2016, 23:09

sammy01 wrote:Despite all our differences as people and our different opinions, we all have those 5 girls and those songs in common, which is kind of special really. Cheers guys :)

:hug: :lovers:
Image
User avatar
Fenrik
Posts: 15696
Joined: 18 May 2007, 13:36
Gender: Male
Custom Title: OSLOVE
Country: Norway
Location: Oslo
Contact:

Re: Spice Girls ☆ Wannabe ☆ 20th Anniversary Celebration Thread!

Postby Fenrik » 07 Jul 2016, 23:21

Some fans were influenced in more formative ways. You have only to read the DenDen forum, run by and for Spice fans, to glean the impact they continue to have on some admirers. Currently, there’s a lively discussion about who’s to blame for a much-rumoured Spice reunion falling through. Amid much toing and froing, a disconsolate individual called Mads writes: “It was meant to be a happy anniversary, and now it’s becoming the saddest anniversary ever. Not only we don’t get a reunion, but apparently some of them are having arguments because of this anniversary.”


https://www.theguardian.com/music/2016/ ... -in-public

:dee:
Image
User avatar
pinkdor
Posts: 2922
Joined: 30 Jun 2007, 22:56
Gender: Male
Location: Israel

Re: Spice Girls ☆ Wannabe ☆ 20th Anniversary Celebration Thread!

Postby pinkdor » 07 Jul 2016, 23:22

HAPPY 20th ANNIVERSARY!

:$ :angel: :devil: :death: :@

Image
Image
User avatar
sammy01
Posts: 12557
Joined: 24 Apr 2007, 15:30

Re: Spice Girls ☆ Wannabe ☆ 20th Anniversary Celebration Thread!

Postby sammy01 » 07 Jul 2016, 23:23

Do they call us morons?
Follw me, you know you want to - https://twitter.com/Sammyb01
User avatar
Fenrik
Posts: 15696
Joined: 18 May 2007, 13:36
Gender: Male
Custom Title: OSLOVE
Country: Norway
Location: Oslo
Contact:

Re: Spice Girls ☆ Wannabe ☆ 20th Anniversary Celebration Thread!

Postby Fenrik » 07 Jul 2016, 23:28

sammy01 wrote:Do they call us morons?


I`m actually not sure how to make of it. :laugh:

But at least it´s an article about Wannabe20. :)
Image
User avatar
MAD
Posts: 1008
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32

Re: Spice Girls ☆ Wannabe ☆ 20th Anniversary Celebration Thread!

Postby MAD » 07 Jul 2016, 23:37

Fenrik wrote:
Some fans were influenced in more formative ways. You have only to read the DenDen forum, run by and for Spice fans, to glean the impact they continue to have on some admirers. Currently, there’s a lively discussion about who’s to blame for a much-rumoured Spice reunion falling through. Amid much toing and froing, a disconsolate individual called Mads writes: “It was meant to be a happy anniversary, and now it’s becoming the saddest anniversary ever. Not only we don’t get a reunion, but apparently some of them are having arguments because of this anniversary.”


https://www.theguardian.com/music/2016/ ... -in-public

:dee:

They quoted me and misspelled my nickname. :despise:
Image
littleta
Posts: 1175
Joined: 23 Nov 2014, 03:11
Gender: Female

Re: Spice Girls ☆ Wannabe ☆ 20th Anniversary Celebration Thread!

Postby littleta » 07 Jul 2016, 23:38

MAD wrote:
Fenrik wrote:
Some fans were influenced in more formative ways. You have only to read the DenDen forum, run by and for Spice fans, to glean the impact they continue to have on some admirers. Currently, there’s a lively discussion about who’s to blame for a much-rumoured Spice reunion falling through. Amid much toing and froing, a disconsolate individual called Mads writes: “It was meant to be a happy anniversary, and now it’s becoming the saddest anniversary ever. Not only we don’t get a reunion, but apparently some of them are having arguments because of this anniversary.”


https://www.theguardian.com/music/2016/ ... -in-public

:dee:

They quoted me and misspelled my nickname. :despise:


your minute of fame ruined :satan:
User avatar
MAD
Posts: 1008
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32

Re: Spice Girls ☆ Wannabe ☆ 20th Anniversary Celebration Thread!

Postby MAD » 07 Jul 2016, 23:44

littleta wrote:
MAD wrote:
Fenrik wrote:
Some fans were influenced in more formative ways. You have only to read the DenDen forum, run by and for Spice fans, to glean the impact they continue to have on some admirers. Currently, there’s a lively discussion about who’s to blame for a much-rumoured Spice reunion falling through. Amid much toing and froing, a disconsolate individual called Mads writes: “It was meant to be a happy anniversary, and now it’s becoming the saddest anniversary ever. Not only we don’t get a reunion, but apparently some of them are having arguments because of this anniversary.”


https://www.theguardian.com/music/2016/ ... -in-public

:dee:

They quoted me and misspelled my nickname. :despise:


your minute of fame ruined :satan:

exactly. :satan:

Image
Image
User avatar
ItsJonah
Posts: 53
Joined: 15 May 2016, 21:06
Gender: Male
Custom Title: Make Me
Country: Belgium
Contact:

Re: Spice Girls ☆ Wannabe ☆ 20th Anniversary Celebration Thread!

Postby ItsJonah » 07 Jul 2016, 23:48

ICONIC !!

My God !! it's been 20 years since Wannabe was released. this song is legendary today. Everyone knows it. Even the youngest.

Image
L E G E N D S
Image
User avatar
Jay
Mod
Posts: 64766
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Gender: Male
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Spice Girls ☆ Wannabe ☆ 20th Anniversary Celebration Thread!

Postby Jay » 08 Jul 2016, 00:09

Omg, that DenDen relevance! *.* :laugh:

I think that's quite a nice & accurate summary to be fair!
Image
User avatar
Spicey_Gal
Posts: 998
Joined: 12 Jul 2007, 12:47
Gender: Female
Country: Australia

Re: Spice Girls ☆ Wannabe ☆ 20th Anniversary Celebration Thread!

Postby Spicey_Gal » 08 Jul 2016, 00:46

Happy 20th Anniversary all :hug: Much Love to every member here on DenDen :D 20 years of being fans wow! xxxx
Image
User avatar
ItsJonah
Posts: 53
Joined: 15 May 2016, 21:06
Gender: Male
Custom Title: Make Me
Country: Belgium
Contact:

Re: Spice Girls ☆ Wannabe ☆ 20th Anniversary Celebration Thread!

Postby ItsJonah » 08 Jul 2016, 00:50

Happy 20th Anniversary all !!!! :hug: :p :lovers: :lovers: :lovers:

Image
L E G E N D S
Image
tiagohm
Posts: 4479
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Gender: Male
Country: Brazil
Location: São Leopoldo, RS

Re: Spice Girls ☆ Wannabe ☆ 20th Anniversary Celebration Thread!

Postby tiagohm » 08 Jul 2016, 00:56

Fenrik wrote:
tiagohm wrote:Brazilian TV cable channel "BIS" is showing Wembey Concert this Friday!
http://canalbis.globo.com/programacao/


Oh is it in HD?? :inlove:


yes it is
Emma Station |
User avatar
Blond Pharaoh
Posts: 12392
Joined: 30 Sep 2004, 00:30
Gender: Male
Location: Egypt

Re: Spice Girls ☆ Wannabe ☆ 20th Anniversary Celebration Thread!

Postby Blond Pharaoh » 08 Jul 2016, 01:27

I still love Wanna Be :love: but Spice up your life will always be my fave :love: :love: :love: :love:
Image
Raymond Rico
Posts: 6141
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Gender: Male
Country: Philippines
Location: Philippines
Contact:

Re: Spice Girls ☆ Wannabe ☆ 20th Anniversary Celebration Thread!

Postby Raymond Rico » 08 Jul 2016, 02:37

happy 20th anniversary!
User avatar
aganju
Posts: 789
Joined: 14 Jul 2007, 14:45
Gender: Male
Country: Lebanon
Location: Batroun
Contact:

Re: Spice Girls ☆ Wannabe ☆ 20th Anniversary Celebration Thread!

Postby aganju » 08 Jul 2016, 02:54

Happy anniversary!
...
over the years i've had lots of up&down moments and these girls helped me to "wake up" for the next day...
so, I admit I owe them :)
...
and then, I have met many great guys; Onur is one of them....
:dee: :dee: :dee: :dee: :dee: :dee: :dee: :dee: :dee: :dee: :dee: :dee:
anyways... it is 4am almost! :)
don't wanna miss the spice day[light]
...
waves crashing down over me...
kamel
Posts: 4562
Joined: 04 Aug 2009, 12:12
Gender: Male

Re: Spice Girls ☆ Wannabe ☆ 20th Anniversary Celebration Thread!

Postby kamel » 08 Jul 2016, 03:10

happy 20th anniversary!
Image
User avatar
MarcelWithLuv
Posts: 2974
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Gender: Male
Custom Title: Marcel With Luv
Country: Brazil
Location: Sao Paulo

Re: Spice Girls ☆ Wannabe ☆ 20th Anniversary Celebration Thread!

Postby MarcelWithLuv » 08 Jul 2016, 03:26

sammy01 wrote:Despite all our differences as people and our different opinions, we all have those 5 girls and those songs in common, which is kind of special really. Cheers guys :)

Same here. 20 years that We share something special. 20 years that our lifes started to get more colours, more happier and Spicy.
This Friday let your inner SPICE kid alive!
Image

Return to “Spice Girls”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests